Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Nigeria And Nigerians Problems. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria And Nigerians Problems. (713 Views)

Similarity And D/ce Between Kenyans And Nigerians / See The Reason Why Nigeria And Nigerians Are Great / Who Has Bewitched Nigeria And Nigerians?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria And Nigerians Problems. by abdulwizzy(m): 10:13am On Mar 28, 2016
I'm writing this post to every Nigerian concerning the political and economic turmoil happening in the country, I'm gonna be highlighting most of our basic problems, causes and possible effects on the Nigerian Economy and People as a whole. I'm sorry for any grammatical error committed no be my fault, I'm going to be as unbiased as possible. So here we go,

1)Corruption: This is what i see as our second biggest problem, at times I wonder If our leaders have conscience when I hear how billions and trillions of dollars are being looted by just one man and I wonder what English name we give such deed, cos it's beyond evil and I'm pretty sure even the devil won't do that, people are dying and starving and someone or some group of people somewhere are looting funds meant to care for the needs of the people, every government owes every individual security and basic amenities, but in Nigeria we pay for everything, we pay vigilantes for security, we repair damaged transformers which makes me wonder what we pay maintenance fee for, we repair our roads and even go as far as creating local bridges, which makes me wonder why we pay taxes, Even doctors won't attend to patients except payment has been paid, which makes me wonder why the oath to save lives was taken, etc. Corruption has eaten deep into this country to the extent that it's in each and everyone's blood, we Nigerians love short cut and cutting corners, we look for the easiest way out and it always leads to destruction and bad name, which alot of us will likely blame on government, and off course you are right oh but not totally right, cos we have what we call entrepreneurship, whereby you start up your own business and care for yourself and family and possibly employing other unemployed youths, which will reduce the crime rate, but of course there is an alternative which is the short cut I talked about which possibly leads to destruction, how about we all get busy and start up something for ourselves instead of waiting for the government to come and put food in our mouths, change and development starts with each and everyone one of us from the ground level. I wonder what the government have been doing over the years cos me can't see anything they have done except profit from power like a business venture rotated among a group of individuals cos as long as I'm concerned we are being ruled by the same set of individuals right from independence till now, they just change shifts every election, and even the Senate that is suppose to speak for the people against the presidency are more corrupt than the presidency and do the bidding of the presidency, I think we should prosecute the senators more than the presidency.

Other parts coming soon
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Problems. by abdulwizzy(m): 11:02am On Mar 28, 2016
2)Tribalism and Religion: Alot of you might think corruption is our major problem in Nigeria but that's just a false flag used by our politicians, leaders and sometimes youths to cover up for bad deeds, and misguidance, Nigeria as a country is so divided to the extent that it's has gone beyond the Nigeria vs Biafra agitation, even if u check some part of the East(igbos) there are some tribes that don't marry from other tribes. And let's go to the North which is somewhat one of the most United in Nigeria they also have Muslims who think some part are not practicing the right Islam, and if you come down to the family, you see brothers against brothers, family against family. All this alone is enough to divide a country into several sections or states. Our leaders and politicians are so devilish that they will prey on our divisibility to cause havoc, rebellion and destruction, bringing about the question, how many politicians have lost there life's during elections, I bet none, but how many youths have lost there life's during elections? I will leave that for you to answer. How many leaders have lost there life's during riots, compared to the number of youths that have, before I felt it's illiteracy that will cause a person to be used to the extent of killing or being killed for an irrelevant cause, but thinking of it leads to other factors with tribalism and religion topping it with other variable factors as Greed, Corruption, Joblessness, Unemployment, and Loyalty to politicians and leaders who don't care about the lives of the average youth, next time before participating in a riot or campaign ask for the leaders or politicians and there children to stay in front and you guys can follow but when there's none, then I advise you to go home, because even in ancient times kings and emperors or there sons lead wars, they fight at the front of battles not sit at home and drink wine and expect people who are not even related to them in anyway to die for there selfish cause and interest. Politicians of this days are cowards who hide behind the illiteracy of the youths to do evil.
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Problems. by abdulwizzy(m): 11:03am On Mar 28, 2016
3)Violence: This is the part I'm most irritated about. The average Nigerian believes in the notion of an eye for an eye but forgets it leaves the world blind, there's violence in everyone but it's our ability to curtail it that shows our level of maturity and civility, I'm gonna create some sub topics on this to make a better understanding.
Political Violence. Why would you kill all in the name of politics, you have the heart to behead your fellow human all in the name of politics, is that not the height of evil, why would you even fight for politicians talk less of kill for them, haba please biko let us wise up, elections is suppose to be a means of choosing a representative and it's not compulsory that everyone must vote for you or support who you supporting, then why must we Nigerians take it to be a do or die issue.
Jungle Justice: Someone steals something and you shout theif, Ole, and they catch the person and mechanic comes and hit wheel spanner on his head, mineral seller breaks bottle on his head and passers by beats him to stupor, vulcanized brings tire and a black market fuel seller brings fuel and a smoker brings a light, and police stands afar and they light him up and watch a human being being burnt alive and screaming in agony, and the educated ones bring out there's phones and video the act and upload it on YouTube, and you think you are still human, a lot of innocent people have been killed this same way, please I beg all of us let's say #NoToJungleJustice
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Problems. by abdulwizzy(m): 11:05am On Mar 28, 2016
4)Opposition Parties: The opposition party is suppose to be a watchdog to the ruling party but in Nigeria it's either they are the lap dogs or busy creating havoc to discredit the ruling party, why would you being sowing seed of discord among different ethnic, religious and social groups all in the name of discrediting the rule of another party, and why would you risk the lives of the people because of political greed, and you the people why would you allow yourself to be used, it's good we criticize and protest but we Nigerians love taking things too far, criticize the government but be constructive in your criticism and don't do it for self greed. Now you talk of how you love the country and would die for the country but when you where in power what was it that you did, why is it that it's now that the opposition is in power that you start having magical ideas. Why not constructively criticize until the next election, but no they prefer to let the country go up in smoke just to proof there point with the help of the people of cause, how about we start being objective about issues of government and stop being biased,
Re: Nigeria And Nigerians Problems. by abdulwizzy(m): 11:06am On Mar 28, 2016
Solutions
Let's all unite and start speaking with one voice, because we owe our allegiance to no political party, person or group of persons, if we see the right thing let's all say it for what it is and when it's the wrong thing let's constructively criticize, and please let's shun violence and say no to jungle justice, it's not our job to judge and pass judgment that's the work of the judge. And the issue of corruption only God knows the solution to that, but I think tighter measures should be taken towards corrupt officials, China Once adopted a law that states that any corrupt official be hanged which drastically reduced the rate of corruption though it has been removed and reduced to prison sentence. In other words we should tighten the noose on corruption, and the issue of tribalism and religion, we didn't choose to be Igbo, Yoruba, or Hausa, we where all born into it and will die leaving it. But one thing we all have in common that matters most is that we are all Nigerians and humans, so let's treat other tribes and religions as we would want to be treated.

That's all for now.

(1) (Reply)

I Can’t Guarantee Fulani Herdsmen’s Safety, Says Fayose / Thai Man Attacked By Snake That Slithered Up Through His Toilet / New Immigration Comptroller General - Decentralization And Passport Fees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.