Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:44 PM

My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? (34382 Views)

"I Beat My Wife Everyday, Yet We Are The Best Couple On Earth" – Pastor Jackson / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / My Wife Spat On My Face This Morning, What Should I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by nickxtra(m): 2:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
Just vex go look for him sister and beat her up

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Lemibare(m): 2:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Last2comment:
My sister has been married to him for about 2years now and they have a beautiful baby.

According to my sister " He came back home this morning (1am) drenched in alcohol. His first complain was that my sister didn't come out to open the gate for him quick enough. She apologised and said she slept off waiting for him to come back. On entering the room she discovered as he was pulling off, that his boxers were "inside out". She asked him why that was as she saw him dress before he left him the previous day and that he was dressed correctly. She then told him that if he is playing any games outside he should always use protection so as not to infect her with STI. That was when he started beating and slapping her. She was crying as she was telling me this morning.

I calmed her down and told her to read her bible as she was already talking about having her own pound of flesh back. I also told her that whenever he comes home drunk she should do everything he asks to avoid further confrontations and wait till his head is "correct" before talking with him.

My problem now is that, how do I confront the man as I intend going to their house later on today. My major problem is that he should not lay his hands on my sister again coz that's what gonna make be go ballistic and nuclear simultaneously.

Advice me. Thanks.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Jaftee(m): 2:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
it's a gradual thing, and it might development to another stage if not taken care of soon, I can't explain everything. the best thing is to find who he is cheating with which is very easy, make sure you scatter the relationship without his knowledge, then now your sister can start all over again. but if na olosho him de follow, ahh. that na very big problem cos only husband who hate his wife can patronize olosho.

op no offense, did your sister lost to much shape after birth?
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by SURElee(f): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Brother, get your sister out of that house. That isn't a healthy marriage. How many women in the grave were adviced to read their bible and pray for their cheating and abusive husbands? Is it until he beats her to her death or infects her with HIV/AIDS you and your family will get her out of there?

All these news make marriage scare person sef.

4 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Pidggin(f): 2:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
Ladies need to learn karate or judo. Self defense is essential especially in cases like this.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Cutehector(m): 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Richy4:

You sound like an only child... are you sir?
i'm not an advocate for divorce cool
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Bimpe29: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
The only and holy thing you are to do is to support your sister's marriage and family with prayers. Then always encourage her to do all that's capable of promoting her marriage.
However, it is pertinent to ask you not to interfere and trespass. It is their family, learn to exercise caution. She is your sister though, but she is his wife and confidant.
Pray, Encourage and Advise.
It is well.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
Last2comment:
My sister has been married to him for about 2years now and they have a beautiful baby.

According to my sister " He came back home this morning (1am) drenched in alcohol. His first complain was that my sister didn't come out to open the gate for him quick enough. She apologised and said she slept off waiting for him to come back. On entering the room she discovered as he was pulling off, that his boxers were "inside out". She asked him why that was as she saw him dress before he left him the previous day and that he was dressed correctly. She then told him that if he is playing any games outside he should always use protection so as not to infect her with STI. That was when he started beating and slapping her. She was crying as she was telling me this morning.

I calmed her down and told her to read her bible as she was already talking about having her own pound of flesh back. I also told her that whenever he comes home drunk she should do everything he asks to avoid further confrontations and wait till his head is "correct" before talking with him.

My problem now is that, how do I confront the man as I intend going to their house later on today. My major problem is that he should not lay his hands on my sister again coz that's what gonna make be go ballistic and nuclear simultaneously.

Advice me. Thanks.

You need to go ballistic... go nuclear beat his azz and beat him good. Then tell him you will be watching him
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Ekakamba: 2:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
how would one marry after seeing post like this? Seriously? The moment you know all men attitude differs that's when you gonna get a good consort. Sha religiously or otherwise marriage ain't compulsory. Inbetween, you can have a rethink after witnessing the way your parents marriage work-out than letting other couples life give ya negative thoughts...... Good luck.
INTROVERT:
Its quite unfortunate that this happened. I think you need to have a very serious face to face discussion withe man in question her because this is how these things start. I follow your advice on how to act when he come back drunk as that is the best to avoid beating.

Honestly if my hubby should beat me I would expect my brothers to really give him "run".
How will someone marry when one reads and sees all these kinda stories ever day, everywhere. May God help women around the world.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Richy4(m): 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
daretodiffer:

IT IS NOT AN EXCUSE. IT WAS HIS CHOICE TO DRINK HIMSELF TO STUPOR

If he had killed her or raped her, you would probably realise that it isn't

No that is not how they look at it in the court of law.... He was under an influence and he was being controlled by compelling forces to carry out an action he won't have assuming he was in his right senses....

The man consuming excess alcohol to an extend of not controlling himself was wrong but I still believe he might be asked to check into a rehab if it was a court case issues....
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by lorRhyMeZ: 2:57pm On Mar 28, 2016
Last2comment:

Advice me. Thanks.

In the north where I come from, if a man beats a woman for whatever reason,na communal beating him dey ask for...as in no matter what,a man shud never beat a woman no matter how annoying she is.. That said,from ur story ur sister seems to be d victim here,my candid advice even though d window has passed was for u to. Have reacted equally and with maximum force..but u dull,forming gentle man. (after una beat am,una go explain later). But since u are still wasting time asking for advice, its still not to late to go to d house and demand he apologizes to ur sister, and that such behavior never repeats itself..he might foolishly want to raise voice against u to claim u don't have a right to address that way and other bullshits..take it a chance and beat his arse down...

*go with ur goons ooo* grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by freecocoa(f): 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Chai! Some women are suffering o.

So one hediot will stay out past midnight, stinking of alcohol and will yell at me for not opening the gate on time? Then I'll apologise? On top of it, I'll use my own mouth to tell him to use protection if he's playing away matches and he'll beat me up, make I laugh small. cheesy grin

OP you sister needs more beating. Rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Richy4:

No that is not how they look at it in the court of law.... He was under an influence and he was being controlled by compelling forces to carry out an action he won't have assuming he was in his right senses....

The man consuming excess alcohol to an extend of not controlling himself was wrong but I still believe he might be asked to check into a rehab if it was a court case issues....

No, he would go to prison if he violates the law.

If you kill someone under the influence, you will go to jail. many people drink without becoming violent.

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by duplexDan(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
I have learnt with my sisters, that threats do work better, like some1 said earlier talking wont do U any good, cos dat was what i was doing for my sister until my Mum had to raise Hell on the guy n his family ... Up till today no matter hw my sister misbehaves instead of beating her the guy would call n complain ...
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by HirstMOG(m): 3:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
INTROVERT:

Can God change some animals called men >:

tell me who change Saul to Paul.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Richy4(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Cutehector:
i'm not an advocate for divorce cool

I did not say you were.... I just saw how u said she should carry her own cross..... If your sister came to you crying for a particular problem, would you ask her to carry her cross and follow Jesus without feelings smiley

2 Likes

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by worshipdevice(m): 3:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
INTROVERT:

Can God change some animals called men >:
yes God Can! if He can change some dogs called women.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by macho44(m): 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
Last2comment:

Advice me. Thanks.
Be Careful make the man no beat u join ooo
www.gossipmirrors.com
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
Smellymouth:
Mumu, dem beat ur sister, u come NL come report..
Instead of u to scatter the idiot face with punches and blows undecided

Exactly
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
macho44:
Be Careful make the man no beat u join ooo
www.gossipmirrors.com

That one go be 2-0 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by hedonistic: 3:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
9jacrip:
Dude, pay thugs to beat that dude up, slaps here and there and if possible they flash a gun at him to put the fear of God in him.

A day or two after if you want to, call his phone and let him know if he ever lays a finger on a strand of hair on your sister again, it could get worse. I'll suggest you do not call, whenever it happens just get him beat up worse than before, he'll put 2 & 2 together and stop it.

Meeting him one on one makes no sense. It will further fuel his sense of importance which would earn you taunts behind your back and further make your sister appear helpless for running to a man who just wants to 'talk' and tell him how to handle is marriage.

Some men are just completely foolish, no matter how a woman angers you there's always the options of keeping mute to de-escalate the matter or you walk off to let matters ease off.

Bro, just go and Bleep him up. A black eye, cut lips and cuts on his body here and there will do the trick. Else, the beating will go on and possibly you may never hear of it again because your sis may decide to keep it to herself because you won't change anything if all you do is just talk.

Get him!

angry

Very immature and unrealistic advice. You think you have a monopoly of access to thugs or ability to threaten? What if he retaliates in kind and even orders them to kill your Ass? Abi na only you get chicken change to pay hungry thugs?

We're talking about your sister's husband here. How do you expect him to live in peace with your sister after sending thugs to beat him or threaten him. These things don't work like that in real life. Maturity and wisdom is key to handling this situation.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Maski87: 3:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
Not only is he banging another woman he is beating your sister
Just kill the guy, he is not the only man your sisters can always get another man especially if she is good in bed
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
Try to contact d person he respect so much in his family and ur own family too to talk to his sense and settle d conflict amicably.because if u use confrontation it may lead to total break up in their family.kindly apply wisdon and patient.consultation is better than confrontation.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Rick9(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Before my sister go marry I go kneel down beg E husband, "Bro no beat my Sister oh" E Get Why

1 Like

Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Why are peeps overlooking he came in with his boxers...inside-out For this singular reason, I wouldn't involve Bros *shame* embarassed
Has he being drinking before? Has he beaten her before now? Sis shouldn't have confronted him in that state. Hmmmmm...she should know which to use: their Pastor, Police or elders of the family. If you can get things rough, you wouldn't have come on NL seeking opinion undecided.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Jerrybriggz(m): 3:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
For real dis is d best advice
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Cutehector(m): 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
Richy4:

I did not say you were.... I just saw how u said she should carry her own cross..... If your sister came to you crying for a particular problem, would you ask her to carry her cross and follow Jesus without feelings smiley
I thought of dat before I commented! So deduce your answer from that!
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
lukman22:
While you a contemplating on how you should approach your In-law,I think your sister need to refrain from having unprotected sex with him until he goes for HIV test. No joking here,HIV I rampant now and who knows which olosho he has sex with under the influence of alcohol anything can happen.
My take shaaaa grin
cool
Hehehehehe...he came that way explains it all=low-class-LovePeddler-house cheesy angry lipsrsealed
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by leoblacky: 3:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
My brother u have done well by advising ur sister pls u don't need any confrontation remember he is ur sisters husband this is between husband nd wife issue.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by hedonistic: 3:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
popcykaylah:
First question is what were you doing in thier home ?secondly don't interfere in their issues as your brother inlaw will see it as an insult.you should inform maybe your parents about it ..believe me he won't stop assaulting her..

Don't mind the many immature commenters here talking rubbish. I can't imagine how going to fight the man would solve any problem. It would only worsen matters as long as your sister is still married to the guy.

The parents are best placed to handle the matter. Perhaps they have to report to the man's parents or elder family members, call a meeting, and issue stern warnings. That's the wisest and only practicable thing. If you go hot-headed and violent, then the marriage is effectively over. If that's the outcome you really want, fine.
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by popcykaylah(m): 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
hedonistic:

Don't mind the many immature commenters here talking rubbish. I can't imagine how going to fight the man would solve any problem. It would only worsen matters as long as your sister is still married to the guy.

The parents are best placed to handle the matter. Perhaps they have to report to the man's parents or elder family members, call a meeting, and issue stern warnings. That's the wisest and only practicable thing. If you go hot-headed and violent, then the marriage is effectively over. If that's the outcome you really want, fine.
you have said it all bro
Re: My Brother-in-law Beat My Sister This Morning. What Should I Do? by Lexusgs430: 3:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Last2comment:

Advice me. Thanks.

Simply report him to the necessary authorities. Did your sister take pictorial evidence of the bruises?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mother Humiliates Man For Visiting Her Teen Daughter (video) / Please Help This Lady Find Her Brother / Two Pastors Arrested For Adultery In Adamawa State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.