Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,453 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:39 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (275128 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 6:19pm On Feb 10, 2007
@All,

I sent a letter to the second secreatary immigration telling him about my problem that i won my appeal and the extension the school gave me was going to lapse soon, enclosed in the letter is the appeal determination and a copy of my late enrollment letter.

I sent the letter last week Wednesday, they called me a week later on the 7th to be precise asking me if i can travel to make my enrollment on the 9th which i aswered yes.They now asked me to come to the embassy with a confirmed ticket which i did.

On gettig there on the 8th, they did not allow me to enter because they said my name was not part of the people they invited, i now called the number that called me and shouted on the phone seriously,she just said calm down and come to the gate, i did and they allowed me in.

they collected my passport,late enrollment letter and my confirmed BA ticket to london.25 minutes later, i was called to come and pick up passpot with the visa issued.

See God at work my people, praise to His Holy name.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by bigbumper(f): 9:57pm On Feb 11, 2007
@mrpataki
well then, wON't hold my breath though.

@muyiwabanks
congrats, wa ko ere oko de ile o.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by born2die: 10:11am On Feb 12, 2007
i applied for UK student visa 2 times in January 2007 and refused, both times they objected on my sponsor, i have completed 4years bachelors in computer Science, 2 year experience in same field and now want to go for higher studies.

i Applied in London Academy of Management Sciences in MSc Strategic Business IT, First time they ask me about the sponsor, he was my far relative but to show strong relation i said he is my mothers brother and caught in cross questioning . Second time Sponsor was my sister and brother in law, My brother- in -law is Orthopedic Surgeon in government Hospital and he have his own hospital as well, i showed 12,000 GDP in his different bank accounts + Property Documents + Saving Certificates of 10,000 GDP and his passport photocopy but it was my bad luck Visa officer didn’t checked my Documents properly and refused me and said "your brother in law have only 5000 GDP in his bank account sponsoring you will give an extra liability on him and you attached his documents just to support you application"

My tuition fess is around 5500 GDP + living expenses = 11000 ponds.

What I will do now?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:16pm On Feb 12, 2007
muyiwabank:

Oga Kola you never congratulate me oh.

Me ke!

I am a bit discourage about the thread lately

Congrat brother, where we go meet to wash am o.

Pls remember UK is NOT that Land of Honey as we always perceived.

If you can email me your number, i can give you a shout and share few experience i have about that country.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 1:34pm On Feb 12, 2007
@Born2die

1) Your name sounds somehow

2) Your first post on Nairaland sounds somehow as well

@Topic

Did you appeal the second refusal?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 5:28pm On Feb 12, 2007
@ born2die,
Hope you sound truthful and honest here. How were you able to apply just twice in Jan 2007, and your pack came out that speedily?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by marcwolex: 3:40pm On Feb 14, 2007
Guys,
i want to find out if the ECO's will not raise eyebrow, if two applicant's submmitt the same documents of sponsorship for student visa application,i applied for a study visa in december with my uncle as sponsor(we dont bear same name) and the visa was granted am now in united kingdom.my immediate elder brother is planning using the same documents for his PHD program in wolverhampton(though he has a tuition waiver schorlarship,wat my sponsor's need is just to take care of my brother cost of living for the three years program).i want to find out from the in-house guys (Akolawole,mr pataki,funky baby & lord Vor) whether the short period (i used it in dec,my bros intends using it in march) will not jeopardise his visa application
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 8:36pm On Feb 14, 2007
Each application is handled individually based on its merits and demerits.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by oliky(m): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2007
hello pal,no need getting too agitated about this issue, i believe you will find enough useful advice and help through this link www, travelvisafreetoday.com ,and good luck .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2007
That sounds strange
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 10:48pm On Feb 15, 2007
Resend your application
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by Akolawole(m): 11:11am On Feb 16, 2007
@London cool

Na wa o.

We need you on that thread i propose to you the other time.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 3:28pm On Feb 17, 2007
@ muyiwabank

congratulations dear ! i am so happy for you ! you see, God is still in the business of answering prayers even when all hope is lost. your case with BHC is a big testimony. i mean, you were given the visa barely 24hours to the expiration of the deadline on your enrollment letter you have early cause to celebrate. regarding my bank account number, i will be patient and wait till you start working and earning pounds, only then will i give it to you ! congratulations once again !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by muyiwabank(m): 8:20pm On Feb 17, 2007
Thanks @funkybaby

I have been waiting for you response really since you are he person that started the trend that helped me.

i even tried to send a mail to you but your address is hidden.

allthesame thank you for the trend oooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by ainkay: 5:26pm On Feb 18, 2007
@ funkybaby

I will be grateful if you kindly tell me something about witness statement. Who need to write the statement? appellant or sponsor?
Furthermore also give me an idea of how to write the same.
Your kind reply will help me alot.
Cheers!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by fatliar(m): 4:40pm On Feb 21, 2007
EXPERT IN D HOUSE PLEASE WHICH DOCUMENTS DO I NEED FOR AN APPEAL?

PLS DO I NEED 2 SEND D SCHOOL ADMISSION LETTERS ND OTHERS

PLEASE ITS URGENT
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tonmax(f): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2007
Hi,I have a refusal too!

I got married in January. My fiance and i applied for a visa in december to go to the Uk for our honeymoon. We were refused.
They stated we were first time visitors to the UK-WRONG.
My Fiance lived in the UK while on training with  his company for 8Months
We both work in the oil and gas industry.
The reason they gave.:Not satisfied we are genuine visitors because of the hotel reservation we made.
We have since travelled to another country in Asia for the honeymoon.

But we were wrongly refused without an interview. I want to take this up with them.
What is the way forward?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 5:06pm On Feb 22, 2007
@ tonmax,
Where you given a right of appeal?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2007
Did you submit a letter of inviataion from a UK based Sponsor?
If Yes, whats the UK immigration status of the sponsor?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tonmax(f): 9:59am On Feb 23, 2007
LondonCool:

Did you submit a letter of inviataion from a UK based Sponsor?- NO WE WERE ON HONEYMOON
If Yes, whats the UK immigration status of the sponsor?             NA
Did you make part-payment for the hotel or did you just make a reservation booking? CREDIT CARD GUARANTEED
How much was the Hotel bill for a night?  £73
How many nights were you going to stay in UK? 12Nights(we had limited leave)
How much funds did you disclose that you had available to spend for your UK trip? NGN1.5MILION
How much funds did you present in your 6 months banks statement? HIS, 1.5M, MINE, 900K
Did you indicate that you have family and friends in the UK on your VAF*? (i.e Visa Application Form) ;NO
Did your Husband/Fiance indicate that he had previously been issued with a visa in his VAF? OH YES
Were you given a right of appeal?-   THEY SAID LIMITED RIGHT!

From your answers I will be able to give you an informed insight concerning your refusal

Thanks Londoncool.
Please see above for the responses to the questions.
The position is that we 've got friends in the UK, not family. We didn't want to stay with friends during our stay.
I work as a travel consultant in my company.
They just overlooked the fact that he's been to the UK and back before.
We didn't want to waste time applying again after the wedding, so we opted to go to Dubai.

Thanks again for ur help
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 2:48pm On Feb 23, 2007
You can only redress the issues they wrote.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tonmax(f): 3:26pm On Feb 23, 2007
will send it right away
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tonmax(f): 3:38pm On Feb 23, 2007
''You have stated that u wish to vist the UK for two weeks to honeymoon and have provided hotel reservations for the duration of your stay, Although i find it unrealistic that u would travel to the UK for ur honeymoon and choose to stay in a hotel removed removed from the normal tourism circuit.
Although it would be unreasonable to expect a detailed itinerary for your proposed visit, it is not unreasonable to expect some indication as to what you would do or see especially as a first time visitor to the UK.You have provided no indication as to what you plan to see and do in the UK.Given the intended outlay on this trip by you, and the lenght of ur stay in the UK, i'm not satisfied that u are a genuine visitor to the UK and are entering the UKfor the reasons and duration as stated by you''

That's exactly what they wrote to both of us.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 3:54pm On Feb 23, 2007
tonmax:

''You have stated that u wish to vist the UK for two weeks to honeymoon and have provided hotel reservations for the duration of your stay, Although i find it unrealistic that u would travel to the UK for your honeymoon and choose to stay in a hotel removed removed from the normal tourism circuit.
Although it would be unreasonable to expect a detailed itinerary for your proposed visit, it is not unreasonable to expect some indication as to what you would do or see especially as a first time visitor to the UK.You have provided no indication as to what you plan to see and do in the UK.Given the intended outlay on this trip by you, and the lenght of your stay in the UK, i'm not satisfied that u are a genuine visitor to the UK and are entering the UKfor the reasons and duration as stated by you''

That's exactly what they wrote to both of us.

On the face of it this sounds like a very weak refusal.

I assume both you and your husband are in full time
employment?

On the visa application form did he mention he'd been to
the UK previously?

Which hotel and where precisely is it?

Were you offered a right of appeal? I'm not sure there is one against
visitor refusals. Even if there is you face two possible problems.
Firstly, any appeal you make now will probably be out of time. You can
of course apply for an extension of time within which to appeal, but you
have to have a good excuse as to why you didn't appeal within the statutory
period.
Secondly, since you have already gone on your honeymoon this will no longer be the reason
why you wish to visit the UK . You could of course simply say you now wish to visit, but they (eco)
may view this as smacking of desperation to get to the UK at all costs.

My advice, purely on the basis of what you have stated, is to wait until you have good reason to visit
the UK and then apply again.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mrpataki(m): 3:55pm On Feb 23, 2007
My Oga Vor has said it. No further statements.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tonmax(f): 4:19pm On Feb 23, 2007
Hi VOR,
Thanks for your response.

Response to your questions:
1 Yes we are both gainfully employed

2 Yes he stated he's been to the Uk before

3 hotel is in Birmigham.

4we dont even want to appeal cos we want we dont want to go soon, maybe june or so. But they were wrong in refusing my husband and stating that he's a first time visitor.

Silence means consent abi?
The ECO in this case didn't do his job well and that's why we want to take it up based on that reason only!

Londoncool
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by VOR(m): 4:37pm On Feb 23, 2007
@TONMAX

I see your point completely. What you can do is to make written representations to the BHC
setting out your disagreement with the decision and see what response they give you. They
will probably still defend the decision and state that every application is based on its merits. Which
is code for you may not necessarily be refused in future.

BTW, why did you choose Birmingham for your honeymoon? It is not exactly known
for its romantic delights. I suspect that your choice of destination made the ECO very
suspicious and he/she was perhaps soley focused on this point rather than taking
the WHOLE application into account.

Londoncool may be able to give you further insight as I believe he has "inside" knowledge
of the inner sanctum and mysteries of the whole process.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by blamy4u(m): 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2007
@muyiwabank

Congrats! i have been following up on ur issue, though i have not sent any post ealier to this thread
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by blamy4u(m): 6:38pm On Feb 23, 2007
Am sure i will also share a testimony soon. I was denied student visa in Sept. 06 and appealed in oct 06. Hearing has been fixed for next month (march), so am just waiting and praying for favour. Does anybody in the house know the success rate of appeals decided on papers only, though i have a relative who help me filed in the appeal )he's a lecturer in one of scotlands universities) in the uk but will not be disposed to appear for the hearing. pls kindly keep me posted on this issue.

One Love to u all!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by LondonCool(m): 7:54pm On Feb 23, 2007
If you are going to apply next time using a Hotel as an accommodation then you should be able to fufil the Tourists requirements of having a confirmed  Hotel reservation and also a listing of Tourist places you would be visiting
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tonmax(f): 11:39am On Feb 24, 2007
WHAOOO LONDONCOOOOOL!!
Thanks for your response too.
We learnt our lesson anyway. I see reasons from what you have written.
We had actually arranged a shot term accomodation at a one bedroom apartment and didn't want to put the owner into trouble. That was why we made another hotel reservation.
My husband lived in Teeside during his training.

We enjoyed Dubai. Hubby said it's better than London. We even had to leave Dubai for another quiet Emirate city close to Dubai cos i couldn't be on holiday and be involved in the huslte and bustle of another Lagos!

Like i said, Thanks once again!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by funkybaby(f): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2007
@VOR, mrpataki, akolawole, londoncool and muyiwabank,,

please, regarding my sister's appeal case which she has won, the 28days period has long expired but she is still yet to be called by BHC to come pick up her visa. she has sent several emails to them in which they acknowledged that they have received their own copy of the judgement so i wonder what is taking them so long to call her. what they keep telling her is that her file is with the ECO. please, does anyone have any advice on what she should do? cos, it kinda beats me, it takes the ECO about 10 to 14 days to hurriedly go through a visa application and deny genuine applicants, so why is it now taking them months to call up someone that has won the appeal case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Lithuania Student Visa / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.