Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276067 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 2:05am On Jun 11, 2009
Hello to Every one on here , I am just a new member i register cause i have my own side of the story on this Visa problem and i think i will get help on here , Here is my story and i will need help on this,
Sometime last year i applied for a Visiting Visa in the UK, I was denied cause i have insuficient funds in my account , So i lost interest in going there but now i have a great interest to study in the UK.Before the Points Based System was introduced I applied as a student , Which i know that i put the necassary documents required cause i made alot of reserch from the internet before going to submit , Then i was refused again this time the reason is that i didnt Show relationship between me and my sponsor cause my inlaw was the one sponsoring me,they also told me i didnt state that i was once a worker in a company which i applied last yr as a visitor , Then the last reason was i didnt put my Original WAEC CERTIFICATE,(I didnt put that cause i went to the waec office and they told me is not ready yet is after 3 yrs of finishing your secondary scholl before you will be able to get the Original certificate from them .) and i have paid for the whole 3 yrs fee and also paid 2 months of my accomodation fee, and they told me i have the right of appeal which i dont want to . So i gather all the docs they ask from me , I went to my working place to get a Notifacation letter addressed to the Embassy and also went to Waec office to explain to them and they gave me a Confirmation of Result to give the Embassy and l also get enough evidence to show that my sponsor is my inlaw .Then submit the application again , After about 1 month 2 weeks i was asked to come over to get my Application on getting there i was refused and this time here is the reason,
VISA LETTER 30 POINTS CLAIMED BUT THEY TOLD ME I DONT HAVE THAT .

In view of the fact that the letter you have submitted from South London College Does Not Contain the Mandatory information as specified in the guidiance you have not been awarded any points for the Visa Letter .You therefore do not meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 General Student and i refused your application under Paragraph 245zv b of the Immigration Rules

MAINTENANCE 10 POINTS CLAIMED BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT I DONT HAVE THAT WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND .

You have Claimed 10 Points for funds under Appendix C of the Immigration Rules and you state that you are being financially sponsored by your brother in law,Cary Wilger. How Ever as Tier 4 (General)Student you are required to show that you personally hold the required level of funds.The Documents you have Provided do not Demonstarte that you are personelly in Possession of the required levels of funds.I am therefore not Satified that you have achieved 10 points under the paragraphs 10 to 13 of Appendix C and meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General)Student) I therefore refused your application under Paragraph 245ZV (c)of the Immigration Rules.
I am tired and dont know what to do now .
I need an advice on this please , help me on this , i emailed my school and told them to change the date of my course to July .So do you all think i should on this, ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 2:15am On Jun 11, 2009
Guy you should go read the general guidlines for Tier for student Visa, I think there is a place where it states that you need certain ammount in Bonds or in cash or in bank acount for 28 days prior to your application, thats what the last line of your post reffers to, go and read up more on that.
Ps, those blank pages on the application form are for you to write on,ie, tell em about yourself, relationship with your sponsor, just a brief life story, it always help in explaining lil details to them B4 the take assumptions which they always do.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 2:43am On Jun 11, 2009
@erico2k2, thanks alot for your concern , I am kinda scared cause they ask me to deposit 7200 pounds into my account which is about 1.8million naira my sponsor deposited 2 million into my account hope that much money wont affect it ? secondly i have emailed and called the shool to resend me the Visa letter and they told me they are working on it ? I dont know how long it will take them to work on it cause i want to submit my application first week of next month.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by dearstan(m): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2009
samdams:

Hello to Every one on here , I am just a new member i register cause i have my own side of the story on this Visa problem and i think i will get help on here , Here is my story and i will need help on this,
Sometime last year i applied for a Visiting Visa in the UK, I was denied cause i have insuficient funds in my account , So i lost interest in going there but now i have a great interest to study in the UK.Before the Points Based System was introduced I applied as a student , Which i know that i put the necassary documents required cause i made alot of reserch from the internet before going to submit , Then i was refused again this time the reason is that i didnt Show relationship between me and my sponsor cause my inlaw was the one sponsoring me,they also told me i didnt state that i was once a worker in a company which i applied last yr as a visitor , Then the last reason was i didnt put my Original WAEC CERTIFICATE,(I didnt put that cause i went to the waec office and they told me is not ready yet is after 3 yrs of finishing your secondary scholl before you will be able to get the Original certificate from them .) and i have paid for the whole 3 yrs fee and also paid 2 months of my accomodation fee, and they told me i have the right of appeal which i dont want to . So i gather all the docs they ask from me , I went to my working place to get a Notifacation letter addressed to the Embassy and also went to Waec office to explain to them and they gave me a Confirmation of Result to give the Embassy and l also get enough evidence to show that my sponsor is my inlaw .Then submit the application again , After about 1 month 2 weeks i was asked to come over to get my Application on getting there i was refused and this time here is the reason,

In view of the fact that the letter you have submitted from South London College Does Not Contain the Mandatory information as specified in the guidiance you have not been awarded any points for the Visa Letter .You therefore do not meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 General Student and i refused your application under Paragraph 245zv b of the Immigration Rules

MAINTENANCE 10 POINTS CLAIMED BUT THEY TOLD ME THAT I DONT HAVE THAT WHICH I DONT UNDERSTAND .

You have Claimed 10 Points for funds under Appendix C of the Immigration Rules and you state that you are being financially sponsored by your brother in law,Cary Wilger. How Ever as Tier 4 (General)Student you are required to show that you personally hold the required level of funds.The Documents you have Provided do not Demonstarte that you are personelly in Possession of the required levels of funds.I am therefore not Satified that you have achieved 10 points under the paragraphs 10 to 13 of Appendix C and meet the requirements to be granted entry clearance under Tier 4 (General)Student) I therefore refused your application under Paragraph 245ZV (c)of the Immigration Rules.
I need an advice on this please , help me on this , i emailed my school and told them to change the date of my course to July .So do you all think i should on this, ?

Have you verified if the school has been accredited to issue visa letters? because not all schools visa letter is eligible for the 30points required. I advice you go seek help from a professional of which i recommend GEC at saka tinubu, victoria island, or you also try david abion at elephant house alausa.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by seyibrown(f): 12:45pm On Jun 11, 2009
@samdams

Please, stop revealing personal details in your postings! It is not safe!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 2:18pm On Jun 11, 2009
Oh boy Home ofice has applied to review our hearing which was allowed oh, whats the way forward now, my poor Bro
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 7:07pm On Jun 11, 2009
@ erico2k2 (m)

That was 22nd March, wots ur opinion ? contacted the BDHC and the said they had nto received a copy of the determination yet. That sounds very funny, since 22nd march .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 9:09am On Jun 12, 2009
@erico2k2 and mikkko, hi, when you say the home office applied for your hearing to be reviewed, what do you mean?

the determination of my appeal was allowed the 21st of May but i don't know if a copy has been sent to their home office here,

please keep us informed on any developments.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 9:43am On Jun 12, 2009
@awoll,I meant that the allowed appeal decision is going to be reviewd due to the fact that the Home office apllies to the Secretary of states for the hearing to be re heard, this nah be trouble oh, we are talking of settlement VISA here oh.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 11:30am On Jun 12, 2009
@dearstan thanks alot for your concern Yes the school is accredited and i called them and also search them on google and they are under the Bristish School .,Do u think i should still wait for the Visa Letter and reapply ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2009
@seyibrown thanks alot i will not review all my details on here again jsut being desprate needing help from others thats why i wrote that and i am sick and tired of the Visa stuffs.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 11:16pm On Jun 12, 2009
@erico2k2

ah, ok, i wish you the best, let them hear all they want a million times, when God says yes! nobody can say no, just pray about it, them no appeal aginst my own,

keep us posted still,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 11:38pm On Jun 12, 2009
abi oh, dem wan try dull things, place where I don live for like 7yrs now, anyway, Im waiting for thier new hearing date,I no run and prayers in abundance still, hope yours get resolved and you get a call son@awoll
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 9:22am On Jun 13, 2009
awoll:

hi mj2008, pataki, cvibe, mr crackles and everyone else! my sister called to tell me that d immigration judge allowed my appeal! praise God oo! i expect them to call me in the next few weeks!

il keep u all informed about each progress, thanks for ur advices and support particularly mj2008! God bless

You're welcome smiley So happy for you.

The embassy already called me up and I am now awaiting for my student visa, praise God!

awoll:

hi mj2008,

how are u? what's the situation with your progress now? was a copy of your determination faxed or emailed to the embassy here in lagos? or would we have to do teither of that? i haven't received an actual copy now, just that my sister scanned me copies of it,

what do we expect next? i heard it takes from four to six weeks before they call? true?

just checking, anyways, keep me informed, thanks, and God bless,

You will have your own copy mailed to you soon. Once you got it, you can email the embassy to inform that you got a positive result from your appeal. And wait for their reply and call, either way. About 1 month after the promulgation of your appeal.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 9:57am On Jun 13, 2009
samdams:

You can re apply at the same time lodge an appeal from your second application. Just address what has been raised in your refusal ie prove your relationship by providing concrete evidence such as your birth cert & your sister plus their marriage contract. You have also to present a certification of employment from work. I think you have a chance at appeal.

The new tier 4 is also quite tricky, it has new requirement from the visa letter, the old content of the visa letter does not cut it anymore. The school has to provide specific reasons in the visa letter why you were accepted. So look for that detail in your new visa letter.

Regarding 10 points for funding, I think the funds should be in your own personal account at least 28 days before application. Pls take note also of the required fundings, if you will stay within London area more funds are needed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 10:16am On Jun 13, 2009
paramajit:

hello cvibe,
   thnx so much for reply.i spoke with the school and told they dont know when to get the license yet from BAC but my friend who is already in the school told me that when he went for the new admission letter,he was told to bring my printed front page of my passport ,3 passport and the credentials which i used in applying but i am scared if they give me the new admission letter and later they were not accredited by the British Council,would i have problem of obtaining my VISA or is it possible i pay for part payment of another school and make it the same course and take it to the british high commission in abuja that called me.i awaits your response and thx for the response cvibe.God bless you

Maybe your school is awaiting for their license approval, meanwhile submit copies of your passport & credentials bec. they will be needing it for the new visa letter.  Just keep in touch with the school as to when are they going to get their accreditation.   Meanwhile be patient and wait for a positive result.

@ erico

The State has applied for a review of the allowed appeal which means that they can do so on the grounds of error of law, you have to wait for the response of the AIT whether they will accept the State's application for review.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2009
peter2010:

Can anyone in the house let me know what is happening at british high commission nigeria concerning my brother uk visa application it's has been like a month he submitted but till now no response from them, though it's another application when the first was refused. Is the IT problem they av that is affecting it or what? Someone hinted me dat maybe it's sucessful and in queue for approval. Plz let me know what is happening.

If I am not mistaken your brother's case is about work permit, right? I think there is a new rule concerning this, pls check the new Tier 1 General or something.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 11:54am On Jun 13, 2009
MJ200, the review has been granted oh, thats what Im talking about,they made the application within the 5 days limit,so the S of S granted it, we got the letter already
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2009
erico2k2:

MJ200, the review has been granted oh, thats what Im talking about,they made the application within the 5 days limit,so the S of S granted it, we got the letter already

I think you should consult an immigration lawyer in the UK. Maybe you need representation in the hearing, it is important to know the grounds the Sec of State used against the judge's decision.

Good luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:08pm On Jun 13, 2009
@mj2008,

congratulations oh, thats good news, to which email address did u mail them at? i could do that at the end of next week,

i pass out come the 7th of july,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2009
@MJ2008, Thanks alot for that Advice , I have checked the School and its accredited by the London Borad of Schools , I have scanned them the refusal letter just as they told me to do and now they have resend me another Unconditional letter and also the Visa Letter .About the Funding my sponsor has put the whole money into the account and thats where i am afraid of cause he put all the money into the account all at once , will that affect it ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 10:48pm On Jun 14, 2009
MJ2008:

I think you should consult an immigration lawyer in the UK. Maybe you need representation in the hearing, it is important to know the grounds the Sec of State used against the judge's decision.

Good luck!
Thanks loads, I have a barrister and he represented me in the initial hearing, and they are using the long time issue of me getting i nto the Uk 2k with dagbo kpali, I tire, these people no dey rest.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2009
@erico2k2,

LOL, abi you sef use dagbo kapli in the first place? anyways, that isn't the issue now, just pray and have faith cuz there is little else you can do for now,

talk man to God, He'll listen to you,

we wish you the best in the outcome,

@mj2008,

hi, how are you? please to which email address did you send the embassy an email?

please reply, did they call you before you sent the email or after?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 8:12am On Jun 17, 2009
@erico2k2, , haven't heard ur opinion on my last response ,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 4:17pm On Jun 17, 2009
@awoll  lol big boy no dey dis one oh, if you where to tavel like 10 years ago like I did, u go see the reason why nearly everyone then use dagboo,no be these days when every small piking dey get VISA back then nah the few chosen one oh  lol
@mikkko abeg no vex, man you need  to Email the determination team, I have thier Email address somewhere,I will try and get the contacts for you,they would be able to confirm if they have or have not sent your determination Docs to the BHC.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 6:11pm On Jun 17, 2009
@ erico2k2, thanx , will be waiting for the email addy, thanx a million bro
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2009
@erico2k2

na true u talk sha, i wish u the best anyways, afterall, u don pay your dues,

these people haven't called me but i plan to send them an email about the determination,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by me051: 10:39pm On Jun 17, 2009
hi everyone. im highly impressed by the way ppl respond to others prob. im new to this forum and hope i can get response from u lovely ppl.
my mum's visiting visa app was denied. the reason is that she did not show evidence of her circumstances in nigeria- employment. she actually submited an invitation letter from my hubby, his bank statement, my acct statement n my new baby pics, sponsorship letter 4rm my father in law and his bank statement with a very large balance, letter 4rm her office 2 show she's been granted annual leave, letter from my hubbys school 2 show he's paid his 1st,2nd and part of his final fees even thogh he was in 2nd yr then, tenancy agreement. infact we submited all we could just 2 let this ppl know dat she's only coming 2 see her 1st grandchild and has no plans of living in the uk. she was given the appeal pack which she filled and submited(paper hearing and no representative). she submited this on the 14/05/09 @ BHC Abuja with her bank statement showing her monthly salary, sponsors statement & identification letter from her employer. we focused on the reason for denial by the ECO and so didnt put all other docs used in her first application cos they were not returned with the refusal letter so they should still have them.
its 5weeks now and i would like to know how long it takes 4 AIT to acknowledge the receipt of the appeal and also if the docs submitted are ok cos its paper hearing.
would also lik to know when to contact the AIT office about this appeal cos 4 now we dont know wats happening and do not trust the nigerian postal services.

ur response will be much appreciated. God bless
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 7:35am On Jun 18, 2009
@me051, expect a response from AIT say 6-12 weeks. As far as your documents are right and genuine. U have nothing to worry about. But just have in mind that appeal process can take up to 1 year before sail through. Regards,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by mikkko: 7:36am On Jun 18, 2009
@me051, as I stated "APPEAL PROCESS CAN TAKE UP TO 1 YEAR" not in all cases, just some few cases.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2009
me051:

hi everyone. im highly impressed by the way ppl respond to others prob. im new to this forum and hope i can get response from u lovely ppl.
my mum's visiting visa app was denied. the reason is that she did not show evidence of her circumstances in nigeria- employment. she actually submited an invitation letter from my hubby, his bank statement, my acct statement n my new baby pics, sponsorship letter 4rm my father in law and his bank statement with a very large balance, letter 4rm her office 2 show she's been granted annual leave, letter from my hubbys school 2 show he's paid his 1st,2nd and part of his final fees even thogh he was in 2nd yr then, tenancy agreement. infact we submited all we could just 2 let this ppl know dat she's only coming 2 see her 1st grandchild and has no plans of living in the uk. she was given the appeal pack which she filled and submited(paper hearing and no representative). she submited this on the 14/05/09 @ BHC Abuja with her bank statement showing her monthly salary, sponsors statement & identification letter from her employer. we focused on the reason for denial by the ECO and so didnt put all other docs used in her first application cos they were not returned with the refusal letter so they should still have them.
its 5weeks now and i would like to know how long it takes 4 AIT to acknowledge the receipt of the appeal and also if the docs submitted are ok cos its paper hearing.
would also lik to know when to contact the AIT office about this appeal cos 4 now we dont know wats happening and do not trust the nigerian postal services.

ur response will be much appreciated. God bless

Personally I don;t always suggest the appeal process because of the time(by the time the appeal is held,your child would be old enough to visit the grandmum in Nigeria) and waste of Tax payers money.
Why not try resubmit the requested documents and request a RECONSIDERATION of Application from the ECM.
Morealso,you did not state your immigration status.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by me051: 11:18am On Jun 18, 2009
@mikkko thanks a lot. d docs are genuine.
@brownbono im a student dependant but my hubby invited my mum not me. we presented our acct statement with good balance to show our financial status in uk and tenancy agreement just to show my mum has where to stay. honestly we did all we could to prove money will not be a problem as there reason is always 'RECOURSE TO PUBLIC FUND'. u talked about reconsideration by ecm. is this possible now that she has submitted her appeal ? and i heard that nothing can be done until the appeal process is over. please throw more light on this

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.