Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process (276130 Views)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Advice On Visa Appeal / Uk Student Visa Appeal Or Immediate Reapplication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (116) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by me051: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2009
hi everyone,
Is it possible to make a fresh application when you have submitted an appeal? i never knew the appeal process takes so long. i have a newborn and really need my mum's assistance now

ur response is needed pls
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
Yes,you can actually withdraw an appeal and seek for reconsideration against the initial ECO refusal.
me051:

im a student dependant but my hubby invited my mum not me.
The immigration status of the sponsor matters.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by me051: 1:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
hi brownbono,
how do i go about it? We dont know where the appeal pack is at the moment cos we ve not heard from BHC Abuja or AIT.
how do we go for a reconsideration? i mean do we have to fill any form or write a letter to them or what? i need advice pls.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2009
me051:

hi brownbono,
how do i go about it? We dont know where the appeal pack is at the moment cos we ve not heard from BHC Abuja or AIT.
how do we go for a reconsideration? i mean do we have to fill any form or write a letter to them or what? i need advice pls.
A reconsideration letter addressed to the ECM will be ok
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2009
samdams:

@MJ2008, Thanks alot for that Advice , I have checked the School and its accredited by the London Borad of Schools , I have scanned them the refusal letter just as they told me to do and now they have resend me another Unconditional letter and also the Visa Letter .About the Funding my sponsor has put the whole money into the account and thats where i am afraid of cause he put all the money into the account all at once , will that affect it ?

As for your funding situation, be sure that you let the embassy know as to the origin of your money.  Maybe you can submit a receipt for fund transfer from your sponsor.

awoll:

@mj2008,

hi, how are you? please to which email address did you send the embassy an email?

please reply,  did they call you before you sent the email or after?

I'm fine thank you smiley  They contacted me after I sent the email and a follow up letter.  Pls check the website of the UK embassy for the address. 

erico2k2:

I suggest that you coordinate with your lawyer closely regarding your strategy to counter the Sec of State's challenge against your allowed appeal. If possible, a second opinion with other lawyer aside from your present one.

Good luck!

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
me051:

hi everyone. im highly impressed by the way ppl respond to others prob. im new to this forum and hope i can get response from u lovely ppl.
my mum's visiting visa app was denied. the reason is that she did not show evidence of her circumstances in nigeria- employment. she actually submited an invitation letter from my hubby, his bank statement, my acct statement n my new baby pics, sponsorship letter 4rm my father in law and his bank statement with a very large balance, letter 4rm her office 2 show she's been granted annual leave, letter from my hubbys school 2 show he's paid his 1st,2nd and part of his final fees even thogh he was in 2nd yr then, tenancy agreement. infact we submited all we could just 2 let this ppl know dat she's only coming 2 see her 1st grandchild and has no plans of living in the uk. she was given the appeal pack which she filled and submited(paper hearing and no representative). she submited this on the 14/05/09 @ BHC Abuja with her bank statement showing her monthly salary, sponsors statement & identification letter from her employer. we focused on the reason for denial by the ECO and so didnt put all other docs used in her first application cos they were not returned with the refusal letter so they should still have them.
its 5weeks now and i would like to know how long it takes 4 AIT to acknowledge the receipt of the appeal and also if the docs submitted are ok cos its paper hearing.
would also lik to know when to contact the AIT office about this appeal cos 4 now we dont know wats happening and do not trust the nigerian postal services.

ur response will be much appreciated. God bless

Did your mum submit an employment certification from her company? Since you lodged your appeal at the embassy, you have to wait for their reply. They can overturn the original decision or forward your appeal to the AIT in UK. You will be informed in due time like 6-8 weeks I think.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 2:38pm On Jun 19, 2009
Hello Every One ,,
I got my Visa Letter , But i dont know if i can apply with the previous documents that was sent to me in Febuary I dont know if the Date on my Visa Letter and the date on the accomodation letter will affect my application ? I am abit confused here i need help before i submit it .

I HAVE DIFFERENT DATE ON MY VISA LETTER AND ALSO DIFFERENT DATE ON MY ACCOMODATION RECEIPT .
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lucksee: 8:38pm On Jun 20, 2009
Hi there people, I'm new to these forums and hope you guys can help me.

I have got married in march in pakistan and applied for my wifes settlement visa, sadly that was refused and the Entry clearance officer gave her 3 documents, 1 being a appeal form. It has come to my attention that i failed to supply some evidence, e.g when our relationship began, and is my property freehold or not. Now looking at the ECO's points i have decided to appeal directly with AIT, the ECO says i have not provided any wedding photos where as i sent them 18 photos. The documents they have mentioned are being prepared by my solicitor and i hope to have them soon. Now the bit i fear is the long wait for court hearings, I have lodged the call with AIT and wana know can i send the new documents to AIT so the ECO can review his decision? or can i only produce the new documents in court? The ECO only needs 3 evidence from me is it possible i can get those to him so he can review my case in light of the new evidence. Any suggestions are welcome.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 5:10am On Jun 21, 2009
@ sam

I think you can go ahead with your app, it's the eco's duty to verify re your accom

@ lucksee

If you want the eco to see your evidences first, then I suggest you lodge your appeal with the embassy instead of AIT in UK. If you can provide a strong grounds of appeal there is a chance that the orig. decision be overturned. Good luck!
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 8:42am On Jun 21, 2009
lucksee:

Hi there people, I'm new to these forums and hope you guys can help me.

I have got married in march in pakistan and applied for my wifes settlement visa, sadly that was refused and the Entry clearance officer gave her 3 documents, 1 being a appeal form. It has come to my attention that i failed to supply some evidence, e.g when our relationship began, and is my property freehold or not. Now looking at the ECO's points i have decided to appeal directly with AIT, the ECO says i have not provided any wedding photos where as i sent them 18 photos. The documents they have mentioned are being prepared by my solicitor and i hope to have them soon. Now the bit i fear is the long wait for court hearings, I have lodged the call with AIT and wana know can i send the new documents to AIT so the ECO can review his decision? or can i only produce the new documents in court? The ECO only needs 3 evidence from me is it possible i can get those to him so he can review my case in light of the new evidence. Any suggestions are welcome.
you have to apply fo a reconsideration, this time includ all Documents cos the onus is on you, when this is done, do like I did, write a follow up statement and list all the documents you have include and number them so they know whats inside cos thtey could simply misplace them as thtey have done with you fotos.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by samdams: 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2009
@MJ2008 Thanks alot , But i want to know how many months will i print out in my account statement for me to attach it to my application for submission ?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lucksee: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2009
Thanks for you reply,

Can you please give me some info as to how i can lodge my call with the embassy that refused my visa, Do i fax the appeal form provided by the ECO to the embassy? If so can i provide copies of new evidence via fax to the embassy? or does everything need to be original? All i need to provide is Land regisrty copies, and a declaration from parents that i can live with them, and parents payslips. That is all i need to provide. My legal rep is asking for £2000 for taking the case to court and preparing some papers, thats why am thinking of sending the papers to the ECO.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by brownbonno(m): 4:55pm On Jun 21, 2009
@me051

forgot to add this

Is it possible to make a fresh application when you have submitted an appeal? i never knew the appeal process takes so long. i have a newborn and really need my mum's assistance now

[list]
[li][/li]
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/ecg/appeals/aplprocedures#9757142
[li][/li]
[/list]

APL1.20 Applicant makes fresh application while an appeal is outstanding

A person who has an appeal pending can make a fresh application for entry clearance in the same or any other category. There is no requirement for a person to withdraw an application. If an appellant is subsequently issued an entry clearance, Post must inform the AIT at: eco.contact@dca.gsi.gov.uk because only the AIT can stop the appeal.  The applicant needs to sign a withdrawal of appeal form.

APL1.21 Issue of entry clearance with appeal outstanding

Under section 9 of the 2006 Act, if an applicant has an outstanding appeal but makes a new application and is issued an entry clearance in a different category, any outstanding appeal against an entry clearance refusal will continue unless the appellant notifies the AIT that they do not wish to proceed with the appeal.  If an applicant does not want to continue with their appeal they must sign a withdrawal of appeal form.  Post need to notify the AIT.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tunnytox(m): 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2009
Sometimes is worthwhile to re-apply rather than waiting endlessely for the appeal . Its perfectly legal and acceptable to re-apply and appeal at the same time or with a pending appeal awaiting determination. Each application will be considered on its merit. And for most people inviting their parent its worthwhile to make sure they have their own bank account and possible a proof of their employment or business. No matter how much you have in your accounts your parent's circumstances still have to meet up with the required standard.

Goodluck all
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 5:19pm On Jun 22, 2009
samdams:

@MJ2008 Thanks alot , But i want to know how many months will i print out in my account statement for me to attach  it to my application for submission ?

The rule says at least 28 days before your app but you can submit anywhere from 3 mos to 6 mos imo.

lucksee:

Thanks for you reply,

Can you please give me some info as to how i can lodge my call with the embassy that refused my visa, Do i fax the appeal form provided by the ECO to the embassy? If so can i provide copies of new evidence via fax to the embassy? or does everything need to be original? All i need to provide is Land regisrty copies, and a declaration from parents that i can live with them, and parents payslips. That is all i need to provide. My legal rep is asking for £2000 for taking the case to court and preparing some papers, thats why am thinking of sending the papers to the ECO.

I think there is no fax facility in lodging an appeal to an embassy, you can do that with the AIT only.  You have to mail it to the embassy i.e. filled up Form AIT-2 along with your grounds and all relevant documents.  Paying GBP2k is a rip off imo, just do it yourself.  Address point per point the ECO's reasons in his notice of refusal and provide sufficient evidence to counter the eco's allegations.  New evidence are also welcome.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 6:22pm On Jun 22, 2009
@MJ2008,

hi, i got a call from the uk embassy telling to take my international passport to their office on any working day,

but i didnt get a chance to ask which (if the visa application at oregun-billingsway or the british embassy at walter carrington) will do,

also if to attach anything like a recent bank statement,

where did submit yours and with what else did u do? pls, i await your reply,

thanks so much for ur unflinching support to me and others u'v taken out time to advise,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 7:00pm On Jun 22, 2009
awoll, thank God for you oh, well you need to go to VI and take note of the number that called you.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 11:02pm On Jun 22, 2009
@erico2k2,

thanks,  the number they used in calling me was hidden,  so no call-back number,  il just go there tmr to drop my passport then maybe a copy of the determination.

this call came exactly a month after the promulgation. i be God pikin. lol.  thank God oo.

i wish u the best in urs, dont worry, it is well,  u'l give ur testimony soonest.

do u know if i might have to submit anything else like a statement,  etc?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by johnkent(m): 4:40am On Jun 23, 2009
awoll:

@erico2k2,

thanks, the number they used in calling me was hidden, so no call-back number, il just go there tmr to drop my passport then maybe a copy of the determination.

this call came exactly a month after the promulgation. i be God pikin. lol. thank God oo.

i wish u the best in urs, dont worry, it is well, u'l give ur testimony soonest.

do u know if i might have to submit anything else like a statement, etc?
U were specifically asked to drop-off ur passport. DO NOT attach anything else but ur passport.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 12:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
awoll:

@MJ2008,

hi, i got a call from the uk embassy telling to take my international passport to their office on any working day,

but i didnt get a chance to ask which (if the visa application at oregun-billingsway or the british embassy at walter carrington) will do,

also if to attach anything like a recent bank statement,

where did submit yours and with what else did u do? pls, i await your reply,

thanks so much for ur unflinching support to me and others u'v taken out time to advise,

It means upon going there and presenting your passport your visa will be given right away. I think you have to go to where you originally submitted your application.

You are much welcome I am glad that I could be of help !
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by me051: 5:26pm On Jun 23, 2009
@MJ2008
she submitted an identification letter from her employer as proof of her employment and 6 months acct statement showing her monthly salary from her company. we do wish 4 an overturn cos we cant do more than we ve done so far
will the embassy inform her if they wish to forward to AIT? cos right now we dont know d appeal status
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by miz4oxley(m): 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
Pleease Akolawole and everyone in the house,I applied for UK student visa and was denied , I did appealed and they have gotten my appeal and they mail me now to send any additional document .please I wil like to know what I could send to them.I want to send to them my new admission letter is that ok.please,
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by erico2k2(m): 6:18pm On Jun 23, 2009
you will have to tell the house what you sent initially then they could spot what you missed out.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by lucksee: 7:49pm On Jun 23, 2009
Thank you MJ2008 for your help so far.

I have now got all the documents the ECO asked for in the refusal letter. What i would like to know is can i send them to the application centre where i was refused for the ECO to check,even though i have loged an appeal with AIT?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2009
ok thanks, @johnkent, @MJ2008,.

i went to te embassy at walter carrington because i wasn't so sure of the visa application centre at ikeja and i couldn't reach the customer care for guide.

they took my passport and told me to be there next week wednesday,  i don't know why,  probably because they got it late.
i have an acknowledgement with reference though,  so that's fine.  i didn't add anything else with the int'l passport.

cheers.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by johnkent(m): 8:09pm On Jun 23, 2009
miz4oxley:

Pleease Akolawole and everyone in the house,I applied for UK student visa and was denied , I did appealed and they have gotten my appeal and they mail me now to send any additional document .please I wil like to know what I could send to them.I want to send to them my new admission letter is that ok.please,

If u are appealing ur visa application denial, then its totally up to you to submit documents to show that u do infact deserve a visa. Just sending a new admission letter isn't going to help with ur appeals process. U need to show bank statements (proof of sufficient funds) and strong ties to Nigeria.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 2:06pm On Jun 26, 2009
I would like everyone in the travel section to help me out on this.i read thru these travel section ever since the time i applied for a an entry visa to the UK for guides. For security i would hold back personal information.so, i applied for working holiday maker before it was scrapped to point base scheme and was denied but appealed which took several months and finally i won the appeal and was called to present some documents; bank statements, letter of employment, payslips, and internatonal passport. which i submitted and my bank was called which my account officer informed me of. actually i was given a slip to come back after 2weeks which i did go back and was told its not ready yet,and i should check back in 2weeks time again whcih after a week i tot i should send a mail to them regarding my case and which i got a reply the next day that it still not ready yet.after the 2 weeks given i decided to go over with my slip to ask as it is 2weeks already and to my suprise it still not ready and was told by the guy i met in room 2 to send a male to them again as he told me maybe its yet to be prepared. i got furious and went back home and even called some nairalanders on this travel section on this issue and was told not to worry that it will be ready.before the end of this week i got a male to check back again after 1 week and i really don't know wat to do now, either to mail them again or wat do you guys think i should do?
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by tunnytox(m): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2009
denmzy47:

I would like everyone in the travel section to help me out on this.i read thru these travel section ever since the time i applied for a an entry visa to the UK for guides. For security i would hold back personal information.so, i applied for working holiday maker before it was scrapped to point base scheme and was denied but appealed which took several months and finally i won the appeal and was called to present some documents; bank statements, letter of employment, payslips, and internatonal passport. which i submitted and my bank was called which my account officer informed me of. actually i was given a slip to come back after 2weeks which i did go back and was told its not ready yet,and i should check back in 2weeks time again whcih after a week i tot i should send a mail to them regarding my case and which i got a reply the next day that it still not ready yet.after the 2 weeks given i decided to go over with my slip to ask as it is 2weeks already and to my suprise it still not ready and was told by the guy i met in room 2 to send a male to them again as he told me maybe its yet to be prepared. i got furious and went back home and even called some nairalanders on this travel section on this issue and was told not to worry that it will be ready.before the end of this week i got a male to check back again after 1 week and i really don't know wat to do now, either to mail them again or wat do you guys think i should do?

My bro you have to be patient but keep mailing them every 2 weeks. these ppl are like that, its just a delay tactics once all your documents are genuine you'll get the visa. I faced a similar situation in 2006.
However, I'll advise you start planning what to do with after 2 years visa has expired because WHM visa is not renewable. however, what to plan for will depends on your personal future plans. Good luck
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 3:59pm On Jun 26, 2009
i appreciate your comments tunnytox. my brother the stuff don tire me ooooooo. just looking forward to them answering me ohh cause my fiancee as refused to leave without me. and we did submit a week interval.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by awoll(f): 9:15pm On Jun 26, 2009
@denmzy47, hi,

why has it taken this long? and why do you think you were told to submit those many documents after your appeal was allowed? didn't you submit all that for the hearing?

my appeal for the workng holiday maker visa was also allowed and i recently got a call from the embassy telling me to drop my passport on any working day,  i've done that already and look forward to next wednesday,  i wasn't told to add anything else.

i wish you Godspeed.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by denmzy47: 1:58pm On Jun 27, 2009
[/quote][quote author=awoll link=topic=30156.msg4096322#msg4096322 date=1246047300]
@denmzy47, hi,

why has it taken this long? and why do you think you were told to submit those many documents after your appeal was allowed? didn't you submit all that for the hearing?

my appeal for the workng holiday maker visa was also allowed and i recently got a call from the embassy telling me to drop my passport on any working day, i've done that already and look forward to next wednesday, i wasn't told to add anything else.

i wish you Godspeed.
my brother am looking on to God. cause it baffles me for this to take so long,but am looking to going
there next week tuesday as I am asked to check back after 1 week which monday makes it 1 week.
Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process by MJ2008(f): 2:55pm On Jun 27, 2009
me051:

@MJ2008
she submitted an identification letter from her employer as proof of her employment and 6 months acct statement showing her monthly salary from her company. we do wish 4 an overturn cos we cant do more than we ve done so far
will the embassy inform her if they wish to forward to AIT? cos right now we dont know d appeal status

Yeah you will be informed by the embassy regarding your appeal if it goes to AIT, anyway AIT will send you the acknowledgement as well
lucksee:

Thank you  MJ2008 for your help so far.

I have now got all  the documents the ECO asked for in the refusal letter. What i would like to know is can i send them to the application centre where i was refused for the ECO to check,even though i have loged an appeal with AIT?

I dont think you can do that, but you can try to send a letter with your new docs addressed directly to the ECO.
denmzy47:

I would like everyone in the travel section to help me out on this.i read thru these  travel section ever since the time i applied for a an entry visa to the UK for guides. For security i would hold back personal information.so, i applied for working holiday maker before it was scrapped to point base scheme and was denied but appealed which took several months and finally i won the appeal and was called to present some documents; bank statements, letter of employment, payslips, and internatonal passport. which i submitted and my bank was called which my account officer informed me of. actually i was given a slip to come back after 2weeks which i did go back and was told its not ready yet,and i should check back in 2weeks time again whcih after a week i tot i should send a mail to them regarding my case and which i got a reply the next day that it still not ready yet.after the 2 weeks given i decided to go over with my slip to ask as it is 2weeks already and to my suprise it still not ready and was told by the guy i met in room 2 to send  a male to them again as he told me maybe its yet to be prepared. i got furious and went back home and even called some nairalanders on this travel section on this issue and was told not to worry that it will be ready.before the end of this week i got a male to check back again after 1 week and i really don't know wat to do now, either to mail them again or wat do you guys think i should do?

You should write a strong letter to the embassy stating what has happened, and to follow up regarding your allowed appeal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (116)

Bus Fare Within Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria - Show Us Nigeria Through Your Pictures / Lithuania Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.