Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:26 PM

Need Help On This Java Stuff! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Need Help On This Java Stuff! (1075 Views)

Help Me Solve This Java / Guys Pleaseeeee I Need To Understand This Java Thing! / Improve The Speed Of This Java Code. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help On This Java Stuff! by tjadeba(m): 3:40pm On Nov 09, 2006
somebody there help me on these,

build an online quiz/questionaire wherein the user tests his knowledge base by

solving a number of questions.the question will be of multiple choice type such that

there is only one timer to monitor the time taken by the user, which will also

automatically redirect the user to the next question if the time limit for each

question is exceeded.the questions for the quiz along with the answers for the quiz

would be typically stored in a database and would be accessed one at a time by the

application.At the end of the quiz ,the score is to be calculated based on the

performance of the user and is to be displayed.
*The core software to be used for the development will be based on the Java 2

platform and its APIs.
*The approach towards solving the problem must be object oriented.
*Data for the quiz must exist in an external data source and must be retreived using

DBMS suc as SQL server.(i.e JDBC API)
*Multithreading features can be used to implement the timer.
Re: Need Help On This Java Stuff! by sbucareer(f): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2006

Do you need a solution or help?

If you need help, first:

1. Design the database schema [Database table and their relations]
2. Use tomcat as your container [Since you would be using Java as the development tool]
3. Using JSP as your front controller and Servlet as you container listener
4. Using DAO (Data Access Object) as your relational mapper to your database, hence java POJO (Plain Old Java Objects)
5. Develop your questions and populate them into the database schema, thus with your answers
6. Develop a POJO threaded Class for your timer
7. Design the UI (User Interface)
8. Tire them together.

At any stage you get confused come back and ask questions. I think you would definitely come back for session problems and URL redirecting, till them do some work.

If you need a solution, I am open for consultancy, thus I need money now that I am studying till 2011.

Note

Do not try any EJB or Spring business. You could, but would require a great deal of Container knowledge and lots of other technologies like XML, Hibernate, Strut, Annotation, JNDI, ANT etc. Although you will encounter this with tomcat, it would be minimal
Re: Need Help On This Java Stuff! by tjadeba(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2006
at any rate,i need solution , just a beginner and in any case,am a student like you.just an assignment anyway!
Re: Need Help On This Java Stuff! by tjadeba(m): 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2006
thanks SBU,could you please let see an example of a typical GUI of an online quiz written in JAVA or some resources on it?
Re: Need Help On This Java Stuff! by Bossman(m): 11:13pm On Nov 09, 2006
Why don't you post what you have done and let us know exactly where you are having problems. It will not help you at all if someone just gives you the solution. Programming is not like a lot of other careers where you can just get by without knowing it. This is a hands-on career and you will need to prove yourself in the "real world" (at least here in the US) So, I'd suggest you take a stab at it first, and try to solve it. To survive in this field you need to be able to think logically and be able to analyze and solve problems. As already posted, take ti one at a time and think deeply about what they are asking you to do, after doing that you should be able to identify the key steps/flows that will help on solving this problem.
Re: Need Help On This Java Stuff! by sbucareer(f): 3:27am On Nov 10, 2006

Register to this practise test for UK theory driving test and see the sort of application your sort to develop, that will give you an insight.

(1) (Reply)

I Need List Of Computer Schools Where I Can Learn More About Vb6.0 Programming With Special Focus On / How do I learn programming without spending a fortune? / Hacker Hostels: Living On The Cheap And Dreaming Of Digital Glory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.