Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor (28355 Views)

President Buhari Arrives Maiduguri, Received By Borno Governor Shettima(pics) / Teachers Absent As Borno Governor, Shettima, Takes Roll Call In Schools. PICS / Why I Didn’t Call GEJ After Chibok Girls Were Abducted By Boko Haram — Borno Gov (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by dre11(m): 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
Borno State Governor, Kashim Shettima, on Monday said for 19 days after over 200 girls were abducted from their dormitory in Chibok, former President Goodluck Jonathan failed to call him or any official of the state government to make enquiry or empathise with the state over the incident.

Mr. Shettima made the disclosure on Monday when former President Olusegun Obasanjo, who is on a two-day visit to the University of Maiduguri, visited him at Government House in Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.

In a lengthy speech filled with encomiums for Mr. Obasanjo, the governor said he was confident that the abduction of the Chibok girls would have been handled differently were the former President (Obasanjo) in power at the time of the incident.

The girls were abducted as they prepared for exams in April 2014. Many Nigerians, including Mr. Obasanjo, blamed government’s inability to locate the girls on Mr. Jonathan’s poor handling of an incident that sparked global outrage and concern.

Hosting Mr. Obasanjo on Monday, the Borno governor recalled how the former President, who left office nine years ago, fought vigorously for peace during his tenure, repeatedly telephoning governors, traditional rulers and other peacemakers in trouble spots across the country.

“In our own case, Your Excellency, after the Chibok abduction of over 200 schoolgirls in April, 2014, it took 19 days for me to receive a call from the Presidency,” Mr. Shettima said.

“I brought this mainly to show the difference, because we will only appreciate scenarios when we make comparisons.”
The governor added, “”Your Excellency, Sir, I was privileged to have worked closely with Chief Innocent Audu Ogbeh as Honourary Adviser to me on Agriculture. He selflessly assisted us in fine-tuning our Agricultural programs from 2012 to 2015 which made him to frequent Maiduguri at the heat of the Boko Haram insurgency. I remember that in one of his visits, we had one conversation in 2014 after the Chibok schoolgirls abduction. I was actually lamenting to him on governance at the Federal level with relations to poor handling of the Boko Haram insurgency.

“As I was lamenting to him, Chief Ogbeh said something to me and I quote; “Look, I might have had some political difference with President Olusegun Obasanjo but to say it as it is, if Obasanjo had been President while this insurgency is happening in Borno and other parts of the northeast, you would have witnessed what responsive Leadership entails”.

“Chief Audu Ogbeh went further to say that from his point of view, His Excellency, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo was one of Nigeria’s most hard working President. He described President Obasanjo as a highly energized workaholic. Chief Ogbeh made these remarks as a leader in the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria at a time Baba Obasanjo was a PDP leader.

“Besides Ogbeh, I had a conversation with a former Governor who told me that while he was a sitting Governor during Baba Obasanjo’s regime as President, there was a time Baba called him countless number of times in one day to get update over a crisis that erupted in the Governor’s State.

“Someone even told me that as President, Baba Obasanjo had phone numbers of traditional rulers and resident heads of security establishments in States that were prone to crisis and he sometimes spoke with them directly to get first hand information.

“Without crisis, he created time to call traditional rulers to make enquiries about communal stability, ethno-religious coexistence and community policing in order to forestall problems. In our own case, Your Excellency, after the Chibok abduction of over 200 schoolgirls in April, 2014, it took 19 days for me to receive a call from the Presidency. I brought this mainly to show the difference, because we will only appreciate scenarios when we make comparisons.”

The former President’s visit to the state is at the instance of the University of Maiduguri (UNIMAID), following his request to excuse himself from the forthcoming UNIMAID convocation billed to hold soon.

Mr Obasanjo, who arrived Maiduguri at about 11am, immediately visited Mr. Shettima, at the Government House.
The governor said Monday’s visit was the former president’s first call at the Borno Government House since 1976.

Mr. Shettima could not hide his excitement, describing himself lucky and privileged to receive Mr. Obasanjo in his office as a sitting governor.

“Your Excellency, Sir, majority of Nigerians salute you; we adore and respect you and we shall forever be grateful to you for standing for the unity, continued existence and the recovery of Nigeria when Nigerians needed you most,” he added.

Mr. Obasanjo, who commended the Borno State governor, called on the Federal government to embark on detailed research to document the Boko Haram insurgency for posterity to learn from.

At the university, the former President is to commission the newly renovated Convocation Square and inspect some ongoing projects in the university, hosted to a dinner.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/200942-jonathan-only-called-me-19-days-after-chibok-girls-abduction-borno-governor.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by madridguy(m): 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
Instead of GEJ to attend to the Chibok girls issue, he went for PDP rally where he was photographed dancing with some women with big ukwu.

He still waited for Malala advise before he invited the Chibok girls parent for meeting. Then turned his blame to US for not selling arms while Dasuki office was used to steal over 2.1 Billion dollars.

Today is exactly a year we the good people of this nation voted out the clueless and wicked man.

Thank God for PMB, Thank God for APC.

160 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by jbl007(m): 7:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hmmmmmn...maybe d committee in charge of Jona's phone battery were on recess. Just saying sha.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by ojun50(m): 7:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Must u wait for him befor u act, make una leave dat guy alone make we face d current change wey dey on ground

263 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by 4reala(m): 8:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Haba Oga, u can lie o shocked

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Opinedecandid(m): 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
Your desperate attempt to paint our golden-hearted hero black had already shattered before you even thought of it.

Jonathan is not like some people who are insensitive, blood-sucking, and violent-promoting.

So stop the smear campaign.
it won't work.

President Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan, Nigerians love you. We miss you.

No hate and bitter propaganda weaponed against you will be able to prosper!

Edited:

So GEJ did not call you and you didn't deem it fit to call him.
Who then did you call?
Which country's President did you call?

No wonder they said in different quarters that you planned the whole drama, so it is true.
Because if your hand was clean, you wouldn't be afraid to touch the immaculate white garment of Goodluck Jonathan in search for help.

279 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Goddex: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
[size=13pt]So, what stopped the governor from calling the presidency to report the incidence?

These APC scammers are sometimes laughable.
[/size]

347 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by OfoIgbo: 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
So for 19 days, this Boko governor did not call the then president to inform him of this tragedy.

So if gej hadn't called 19 days afterwards, this buffoon of a governor had no intention of officially informing the federal government, of the disaster he masterminded

This was the same governor that insisted that schools in that vicinity remained open, against the advice of the Wike-led ministry of Education.

279 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by ki02020(m): 8:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
The question is was there really an abduction in the first place or it just mere politics

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by chefremy(m): 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Opinedecandid:
Shut up, you de lie.
how can you prove he is lying...if u dont hav any thing to say...thanks.
4reala:
Haba Oga, u can lie o shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Chanchit: 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
No be you be governor? Na Jonathan kidnap them? Abi Buhari call ambode when the three school girls were kidnapped. If GEJ no call you, you sef suppose call am since you need him and he does not know. Or maybe you've now seen the girls after he called you. If you can't control your state just gerrarahere mehn!

240 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by babdap: 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
DiarisGod oooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Demdem(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
That cursed decision and action of jonah-daft is still hunting us till date. Only if the bastard had responded on time with his security agents, we wouldnt be where we are today as regards the chibok girls.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
What did he do as a sitting governor? Even if GEJ did not react proactively, what was he doing as the chief security of the state?

Governor Ambode did not wait for Buhari to call or send down delegates from Abuja before he swept into action when girls in Lagos states school. Buhari did not even comment or commend him. . .but Ambode went into swift action as a chief executive of Lagos state. So Shettima should shut the hell up. He has failed in his responsibilities, he should face the shame and stop throwing blame here and there.

We dont need blame, we dont the talking. We need actions and relentless effort from the locals, state government, federal govt and the general populace to retrieving those girls from the claw of this blood monsters called boko haram.

93 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by richeso: 8:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
FOLYKAZE:
What did he do as a sitting governor? Even if GEJ did not react proactively, what was he doing as the chief security of the state?

Governor Ambode did not wait for Buhari to call or send down delegates from Abuja before he swept into action when girls in Lagos states school. Buhari did not even comment or commend him. . .but Ambode went into swift action as a chief executive of Lagos state. So Shettima should shut the hell up. He has failed in his responsibilities, he should face the shame and stop throwing blame here and there.

We dont need blame, we dont the talking. We need actions and relentless effort from the locals, state government, federal govt and the general populace to retrieving those girls from the claw of this blood monsters called boko haram.

my guy free the monk na... u even believe there was kidnap ? LOL.. its 1 year now under BUHARI..where is the girls ? them them say BOKO is gone but where is the girls ? abeg no believe that rubbish joo

Americans came, uk came, russia came, other relations came yet them no see any girl them go back. Abeg make we leave talk for market women joo.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by 4Kemzy(m): 8:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
For Pete's sake you guys got to leave GEJ alone, Election is gone and he has moved on. Stop the Chibok propaganda. Btw has Buhari openly condemned or rebuke the wreckage done in Agatu and other villages by his nomadic bloodthirsty brothers. Has he even publicly commiserated with the families of the slained or shown sympathy thus far.

92 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by ndcide(m): 8:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Did buhari call ambode when the school girls were kidnapped?
We all knew they masterminded the chibok issue. No need jare

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by omenka(m): 8:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
madridguy:
Instead of GEJ to attend to the Chibok girls issue, he went for PDP rally where he was photographed dancing with some women with big ukwu.

He still waited for Malala's advise before he invited the Chibok girls parent for meeting. Then turned his blame to US for not selling arms while Dasuki office was used to steal over 2.1 Billion dollars.

Today is exactly a year we the good people of this nation voted out the clueless and wicked man.

Rotflmao... cheesygrin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by ProfessorPeter(m): 8:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
madridguy:

He still waited for Malala advise before he invited the Chibok girls parent for meeting. Then turned his blame to US for not selling arms while Dasuki office was used to steal over 2.1 Billion dollars.

But this almajiri governor has refused to tell the world that he ignored WAEC report written to him that he should provide security or change the venue of the examinations. Now he is exonerating himself and blaming GEJ . My prayer is that may the blood of those girls hunt people like Sheltima and his co conspirators forever

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by nnachukz(m): 9:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
These people self. I hope Buhari is now calling you everyday for everything Abduction, bomb blast and Boko Haram killings in your State. Even when he hardly stays in Nigeria when it happens. Neither do we see any sign of concern in him.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
richeso:

my guy free the monk na... u even believe there was kidnap ? LOL.. its 1 year now under BUHARI..where is the girls ? them them say BOKO is gone but where is the girls ? abeg no believe that rubbish joo

Americans came, uk came, russia came, other relations came yet them no see any girl them go back. Abeg make we leave talk for market women joo.

You kids lack any iota of intelligence. Chibok girls is lie? Why didnt PDP sponsor debunking by going with full media into Chibok and show the world that those girls alledged to be kidnapped are living fine in the street.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by StCapital: 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
They should arrest the Isi Efi Governor for not officially informing the Former President and it shows that he knows something about the abduction of the Chibok girls. The then minister of Education wanted to relocate those girls before the examination because of the security report, he told ministry of Education that he will take care of their security, we did not know that he planned the abduction with APC and the principal of the school,the principal withdrew her daughter and daughters of some top Government officials from the school on the day of their planned abduction just to use it to witch hunt Jonathan during the election,if president Buhari is sincere to locate this chibok girls if they are really missing,they should ask Shetima, the principal and some APC members to produce the chibok girls.

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by 4reala(m): 9:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
chefremy:
how can you prove he is lying...if u dont hav any thing to say...thanks.
I don't knw why some pple will never mind their bizness, alwaz pocknosing. I will soon poke dat nose for u cool

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by 4nobody4every1: 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
angry angry

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
What do u expect from an ineffectual Buffoon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Every week there is a desperate attempt to distract public attention from governmental inactivity and the myriad of problems they are sweating to tackle. Jonathan remains the nightmare of many long after he peacefully strolled off the stage for a seemingly more seasoned actor.

39 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
Maybe he is handling hangover
Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by northvietnam(m): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2016
And you r telling us how many months after.

Sabo

3 Likes 1 Share

Leave
Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
What impudence? This governor must be high on coke. Are you not the that should brief the president on the situation of your state? He even called you and you are complaining. I don't blame you, I blame the Otuoke Drinkard

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Only Called Me 19 Days After Chibok Girls’ Abduction — Borno Governor by edwife(f): 9:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
Stale undecided

[size=18pt]The problem with Nigerian political parties and politicians is they know how to de-market others but do not know how to market themselves![/size]

Continue with the blame game... undecided

26 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Visit America And Be Absent At 2019 Election – Prophet Dares Atiku Abubakar / Melaye Damaged 2 Police Vehicles While Attempting Escape From Custody – Witness / Why Must Rufai Oseni Always Argue With Every Guest On Arise TV?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.