Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:32 AM

What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! (5053 Views)

Blogging For Profit: 15 Secrets On How To Make Money With Blogging / How To Build A Successful Online Brand With Blogging - Naijatechguy / How To Get Started With Blogging In Less Than 5minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
Jayboy2026:
Please Can You Help Me To Design Or Customize My Blog Menu Item To Look Like Naijagists.Com Or Have Some Add Menu Like News, Celebrity Sport Culture Entertainment Jokes Etc Instead Of Having Just Homepage
What's your blog url?
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Please,I want to start up a blog. How do I go about it...what do I need to know?
Click on my signature and grab my free ebook on how launch a blog the right way. It covers everything you need to know before starting a blog.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 06, 2016
emmalexdboy:
Click on my signature and grab my free ebook on how launch a blog the right way. It covers everything you need to know before starting a blog.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

Alright,thanks.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
cc: vaca1

Here's what I discovered and recommend after checking your blog:

1. Most of your blog posts are copied from other sites. to really make money from your blog or attract traffic, especially from serach engines, you must write unique content on your blog. copying and pasting will not take you anywhere. even if you source articles from other sites, write a unique version on your blog.

2. the template you use on your blog has a terrible layout and it's not responsive, especially when the web version is viewed. change that template with one that's responsive and has the right side-bar layout.

3.Create a facebook page or group for your blog and post daily job vacancy and [b]practical [/b]job search tips with a link to your blog. your traffic stats will increase.

4.Your about page needs some update as you used the . url to address your readers. Also, you used the term: "our" to state your objectives, mission and vision. Are you a team? If not, as I suspect, change it stating who you're and how you can help readers get their dream jobs.

People love to deal with a real person, so put a picture of yourself or team (as the case maybe) there. You can visit my about page to see how I structured mine, to give an idea.

5. Lastly, move your blog to the self-hosted version of Wordpress. Blogger has a lot of downsides that'll hider your success.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by haryomikun(m): 9:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Caspian22:
Thanks for this thread emmalexdboy I've already downloaded the eBook and I'm hoping to learn from it.

My blog is www.youmustgethealthy.com. It's a good health blog, I'm proud of it. I just want to get better and go ahead. So please take a look at it and tell me where I need to improve on.

I can vouch for Caspian bro

But baba Mah no lie oh... Me sef dey find traffic gan. That's my only problem for now and its a very very very big one

The person wey fit solve that problem for me or give me correct tips I fit give am Mouth Gig sef

Emmalexdboy
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by vaca1: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
emmalexdboy:
cc: vaca1

Here's what I discovered and recommend after checking your blog:

1. Most of your blog posts are copied from other sites. to really make money from your blog or attract traffic, especially from serach engines, you must write unique content on your blog. copying and pasting will not take you anywhere. even if you source articles from other sites, write a unique version on your blog.

2. the template you use on your blog has a terrible layout and it's not responsive, especially when the web version is viewed. change that template with one that's responsive and has the right side-bar layout.

3.Create a facebook page or group for your blog and post daily job vacancy and [b]practical [/b]job search tips with a link to your blog. your traffic stats will increase.

4.Your about page needs some update as you used the . url to address your readers. Also, you used the term: "our" to state your objectives, mission and vision. Are you a team? If not, as I suspect, change it stating who you're and how you can help readers get their dream jobs.

People love to deal with a real person, so put a picture of yourself or team (as the case maybe) there. You can visit my about page to see how I structured mine, to give an idea.

5. Lastly, move your blog to the self-hosted version of Wordpress. Blogger has a lot of downsides that'll hider your success.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

thanks boss.
need guidance on number 5.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 9:29am On Apr 07, 2016
vaca1:

thanks boss.
need guidance on number 5.
Get in touch with me on whatsapp, if you want me to help you do it: 08039185233.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by orbitame2011: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
You can also learn from other Bloggers on

The Nigerian Bloggers Community and Blog directory

http://allblogsdirectory.com

Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2016
Caspian22:
Thanks for this thread emmalexdboy I've already downloaded the eBook and I'm hoping to learn from it.

My blog is www.youmustgethealthy.com. It's a good health blog, I'm proud of it. I just want to get better and go ahead. So please take a look at it and tell me where I need to improve on.

Your blog looks okay to me but I must tell you this:

1. You're in a super-competitive niche that'll make it very hard, if not impossible, to gain traction. "Bigwigs" like about about.com, WebMD, MayoClinic, Health.com ... will never let you see the light of day. Even renowned SEO experts like Brian Dean couldn't make it in this niche, let alone you.

So, I advice you to either find a less competitive niche like natural weight loss remedies or target weight loss in Nigeria for your blog instead of going global.

2. Most of your blog posts are very short. These kind of post offer no help to readers. So, write well detailed post on each topic with stellar illustrations and explanations. This kind of posts ranks well in search engines and attract traffic from long tail keywords.

3. Do extensive keyword research and optimize your posts creatively for your target keywords.

4. On your about page, you use the word: "we", when you're a solo blogger. Please change it and tell readers who you're and how you can help them. You don't need to claim what you're not. Also, put a picture of yourself there.

5. Start promoting affiliate products with your affiliate link ASAP, there's no time to waste.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Dumdum217(m): 11:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
Alright bro, nice job you are doing here, I must confess.

Please help review my own too www.dumnelo-shares.com

Thanks
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Caspian22(m): 12:22am On Apr 10, 2016
emmalexdboy:
Your blog looks okay to me but I must tell you this:

1. You're in a super-competitive niche that'll make it very hard, if not impossible, to gain traction. "Bigwigs" like about about.com, WebMD, MayoClinic, Health.com ... will never let you see the light of day. Even renowned SEO experts like Brian Dean couldn't make it in this niche, let alone you.

So, I advice you to either find a less competitive niche like natural weight loss remedies or target weight loss in Nigeria for your blog instead of going global.

2. Most of your blog posts are very short. These kind of post offer no help to readers. So, write well detailed post on each topic with stellar illustrations and explanations. This kind of posts ranks well in search engines and attract traffic from long tail keywords.

3. Do extensive keyword research and optimize your posts creatively for your target keywords.

4. On your about page, you use the word: "we", when you're a solo blogger. Please change it and tell readers who you're and how you can help them. You don't need to claim what you're not. Also, put a picture of yourself there.

5. Start promoting affiliate products with your affiliate link ASAP, there's no time to waste.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

Thanks for your observations and your opinions.
I will try to;

1. Ponder over switching to just Nigerian health topics. I usually target foreigners because Nigerians hardly care about health n fitness info. I'll just think about it first.

2. I make sure my posts are over 600words, but I'll improve on that.

3,4. I'll do just that.

5. I applied for AdSense and I got rejected, I plan on reapplying soon. If it doesn't work then I'll see about the affiliates.

Thanks Again.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Toniosparlet(m): 12:35am On Apr 10, 2016
I never knew copying and pasting would deter my success.... But apart from that, what else?..........Fartherblog.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 12:00am On Apr 12, 2016
Toniosparlet:
I never knew copying and pasting would deter my success.... But apart from that, what else?..........Fartherblog.
If you're a copy and paste blogger, you'll definitely not go too far with your blog.

That's the fact! Google has zero tolerance for duplicate content and penalizes sites that practice this.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 12:10pm On Apr 12, 2016
Dumdum217:
Alright bro, nice job you are doing here, I must confess.

Please help review my own too www.dumnelo-shares.com

Thanks
The layout of your blog looks nice but I have some recommendations you need to work on:

1. You don't have an about page on your blog, most readers will love to know the person behind a blog. So, create one.

2. Remove the sharing buttons on your contact page. Also, give readers many options (like phone no, email) to contact you. Not everyone loves filling a contact form. Visit my contact page for an idea.

3.I got numerous "Gateway Timeout" message while visiting your blog. Your web host is terrible, if you ask me. I advice you move to a more reliable web host. I recommend Siteground. I have a super detailed on my blog on how to set up a blog Wordpress using Siteground. Just ask and I'll provide the link

4. The author's name for your posts is Admin. Please change that, use your name. I hope you're not using "Admin" has your backend username?

5. You're in the health niche which is very competitive and will definitely crunch you no matter how had you try. So, I advice you to change the focus of your blog to one that caters for a Nigerian audience which is less competitive.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Dumdum217(m): 12:25pm On Apr 12, 2016
emmalexdboy:
The layout of your blog looks nice but I have some recommendations you need to work on:

1. You don't have an about page on your blog, most readers will love to know the person behind a blog. So, create one.

2. Remove the sharing buttons on your contact page. Also, give readers many options (like phone no, email) to contact you. Not everyone loves filling a contact form. Visit my contact page for an idea.

3.I got numerous "Gateway Timeout" message while visiting your blog. Your web host is terrible, if you ask me. I advice you move to a more reliable web host. I recommend Siteground. I have a super detailed on my blog on how to set up a blog Wordpress using Siteground. Just ask and I'll provide the link

4. The author's name for your posts is Admin. Please change that, use your name. I hope you're not using "Admin" has your backend username?

5. You're in the health niche which is very competitive and will definitely crunch you no matter how had you try. So, I advice you to change the focus of your blog to one that caters for a Nigerian audience which is less competitive.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

Your review is spot on bro
My host is a very terrible one as I get messages that my site is down almost every 3minutes.

The rest of your advice, I will work on them.. Though "about us page" is incorporated with contact us page.. i.e, if you place your mouse
on contact us page, it will highlight all the pages..i.e, privacy policy, contact us and about us.

Please I will appreciate if you can share me the link on how to use Siteground.

thank you.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Nobody: 12:51pm On Apr 12, 2016
www.healthlog247..com

In dire need of traffic....THANKS
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by nze4al(m): 3:36am On Apr 13, 2016
Nice work bro wink ... Here is mine www.techmzy.com.ng
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by mubitechnology: 5:58am On Apr 13, 2016
You are doing a wonderful job here, please review my blog at techarewa.com
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Jayboy2026: 9:16am On Apr 13, 2016
emmalexdboy:
What's your blog url?
my Blog Url Is Www.Jollygist.Com
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Benedict44(m): 3:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
i have a problem , my blog was enabled to apply for adsence recently but whenever i click on sign up bottom , am taken to the next page where i am asked to select language and when i select english and click continue , nothing will me moving talk of seeing the application page....what do i do
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 9:08am On Apr 15, 2016
Dumdum217:

Your review is spot on bro
My host is a very terrible one as I get messages that my site is down almost every 3minutes.

The rest of your advice, I will work on them.. Though "about us page" is incorporated with contact us page.. i.e, if you place your mouse
on contact us page, it will highlight all the pages..i.e, privacy policy, contact us and about us.

Please I will appreciate if you can share me the link on how to use Siteground.

thank you.
Here's the link to set up a blog on Wordpress using Siteground which I promised: http://www.onlinebloggingincome.com/how-to-setup-a-blog-on-wordpress/

It covers everything you need to know with step-by-step screenshots and illustration. I'll be bringing it down soon so use it ASAP!
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 9:56am On Apr 15, 2016
Benedict44:
i have a problem , my blog was enabled to apply for adsence recently but whenever i click on sign up bottom , am taken to the next page where i am asked to select language and when i select english and click continue , nothing will me moving talk of seeing the application page....what do i do
I hope you're not using your phone to do this. If yes, pls use a PC and the sign up process will go smoothly. By the way, what's your blog's url? I will love to help you check it out!
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 10:05am On Apr 15, 2016
Toniosparlet:
I tried visiting your blog but I got a message, it has been deleted by the author. Why did you delete your blog?

Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Benedict44(m): 11:31am On Apr 15, 2016
emmalexdboy:
I hope you're not using your phone to do this. If yes, pls use a PC and the sign up process will go smoothly. By the way, what's your blog's url? I will love to help you check it out!
.....www.benedictboniface..com....i would like you to review it before i apply....
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 3:29pm On Apr 22, 2016
Benedict44:
.....www.benedictboniface..com....i would like you to review it before i apply....
I'll help you check it out!
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Toniosparlet(m): 8:33am On Apr 23, 2016
emmalexdboy:
I tried visiting your blog but I got a message, it has been deleted by the author. Why did you delete your blog?

I took your advice and opened a new one. No more copy and paste, but the challenge im having now is getting my site registered on search engines and i need traffic
www.Tweakytechs.
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by emmalexdboy(m): 6:45pm On Apr 23, 2016
Toniosparlet:

I took your advice and opened a new one. No more copy and paste, but the challenge im having now is getting my site registered on search engines and i need traffic
www.Tweakytechs.
The template of your new blog looks nice, you chose a very nice theme.

Also, your blog posts reads fine to me. Just make them a little detailed with useful illustrations and images. Aim 1000 words per post.

Add an about page, contact page and privacy policy page to your blog. It's very important.

As for registering your site to search engines, you don't need it as that doesn't guarantee you'll get traffic from search engines. According to Google, once you register a domain name or create a blog, they know.

So, don't bother yourself with that. Instead, implement this tips:

1. Leave comment on blogs that're related to your niche.
2. Promote your posts on facebook and other social media platforms.
3.Write guest posts on other blogs in your blog.

These tips will help your blog get indexed in search engines fast.

Lastly, move your blog to the self hosted version of wordpress. Your free blog will not take you anywhere as the monetization restriction is just too humane. I'm serious!

Read this post to fully understand why you should not start your blog on a free blogging platform: http://www.onlinebloggingincome.com/can-you-start-a-free-blog

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Toniosparlet(m): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2016
emmalexdboy:

Also, your blog posts reads fine to me. Just make them a little detailed with useful illustrations and images. Aim 1000 words per post.

Add an about page, contact page and privacy policy page to your blog. It's very important.

As for registering your site to search engines, you don't need it as that doesn't guarantee you'll get traffic from search engines. According to Google, once you register a domain name or create a blog, they know.

Lastly, move your blog to the self hosted version of wordpress. Your free blog will not take you anywhere as the monetization restriction is just too humane. I'm serious!

Read this post to fully understand why you should not start your blog on a free blogging platform: http://www.onlinebloggingincome.com/can-you-start-a-free-blog

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

Thanks bro.... With all this, I dnt think i have any questions... Would read the post on that site
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Toniosparlet(m): 11:22pm On Apr 23, 2016
emmalexdboy:

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

Thanks bro.... With all dis information, I dnt think i have any question... Would read the post on that site
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Toniosparlet(m): 12:00am On Apr 24, 2016
emmalexdboy:

Regards,
Emmalexdboy.

Thanks bro.... With all this, I dnt think i have any questions... Would read the post on that site
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by Nobody: 12:18am On Apr 24, 2016
Thank you for such an amazing offer. kindly check out mine in my signature. my adsense request has been disapproved twice. It is a health and beauty blog. thanks
Re: What's Your Biggest Frustration With Blogging? Drop Them Here, I'm Here To Help! by KONJIKILLER(m): 9:50am On Apr 24, 2016
please i aim at getting more pageviews from USA than Nigeria...I get less than 50 pageviews daily which is quite discouraging. From google analytics,I get 50% from direct,43% from google search engine and d rest from twitter n other sources,this is my average analysis,my blog is a month old plus. What is the solution pls

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Download Free Linda Ikeji's Blog Blogger Template / 8 VPS Hacks / Everything you need to know about Blogging/website + Google adsense In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.