Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,461 members, 7,808,643 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

World's Longest Non-Stop Flights - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / World's Longest Non-Stop Flights (8962 Views)

Airlander 10: The “flying Bum” Is Currently The World’s Longest Aircraft. / Longest And Most Confusing Pedestran Bridge In Nigeria / China Constructs World's Longest Glass Walkway On A Mountain (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 5:18am On Mar 29, 2016
The world's 10 longest non-stop flights criss-cross the world, cutting down travel time and making journeys easier and comfortable.

While the longest non-stop flight in the world will take over 17 hours, the longest domestic flight in India -- from Kochi to New Delhi -- takes three hours.

The top 10 non-stop flights cover a distance of 82,702 miles, connecting big cities across the world.

Take a look at the world's 10 longest non-stop flights...

Emirates
Route: Dubai to Panama City
Distance: 8,588 miles
Duration: 17 hours and 35 minutes
One of the world’s biggest airlines, Emirates plans to launch services to Panama City from February 2016, making it the longest non-stop flight in the world.
The service to Panama City will start with a daily flight operated by a Boeing 777-200LR aircraft.
Currently, it operates four longest non-stop commercial flights.

Qantas
Route: Dallas to Sydney
Distance: 8,578 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 55 minutes
Qantas is Australia’s national airline and has the record of being the safest airline as well.
Founded in 1920, the third oldest airline in the world flies to 20 domestic destinations and 21 international destinations in 14 countries. Qantas also owns the low-cost airline, Jetstar.

Saudia
Route: Jeddah to Los Angeles
Distance: 8,332 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 55 minutes
Founded in 1945, Saudi Arabia’s flagship airline flies to over 120 destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Europe and North America.
The airline is the third largest in the Middle East in terms of revenue, after Emirates and Qatar Airways.

Delta Airlines
Route: Johannesburg to Atlanta
Distance: 8,439 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 40 minutes
The oldest airline operating in the United States, started off as Huff Daland Dusters in 1924. The airline and its subsidiaries operate over 5,400 flights daily across 334 destinations in 64 countries.

Emirates
Route: Dubai to Los Angeles
Distance: 8,339 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 35 minutes
The largest airline in the Middle East, Emirates operates services to 147 destinations in 81 countries in Europe, North America, South America, the Middle East, Africa, South Asia and Far East and Australasia.
Since its launch in 1985, Emirates Airline has received more than 500 international awards.

Etihad
Route: Abu Dhabi to Los Angeles
Distance: 8,390 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 25 minutes
Founded in 2003, Etihad is the second-largest airline in United Arab Emirates.
The airline operates more than 1,000 flights per week to over 120 destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the United States.

Emirates
Route: Dubai to Houston
Distance: 8,168 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 20 minutes

http://www.rediff.com/business/report/pix-special-worlds-10-longest-non-stop-flights/20150814.htm

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 5:21am On Mar 29, 2016
American Airlines
Route: Dallas to Hong Kong
Distance: 8,123 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 20 minutes
American Airlines, which started operations in 1934, is the world's largest airline in terms of passengers flown, fleet size and revenue.
The airline established itself by merging 82 small airlines through acquisitions in 1930.

Etihad
Route: Abu Dhabi to San Francisco
Distance: 8,158 miles
Duration: 16 hours and 15 minutes

Cathay Pacific
Route: New York to Hong Kong
Distance: 8,072 miles
Duration: 16 hours
Cathay Pacific. founded in 1946, flies to 200 destinations in 52 countries across the world.
The airline has been ranked as ‘World's Best Airline’ four times.
Its subsidiary, Dragonair, operates to 44 destinations in the Asia-Pacific region from its base in Hong Kong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by GboyegaD(m): 5:32am On Mar 29, 2016
Awesome! Would love to fly these destinations some day.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by moneybag100: 5:39am On Mar 29, 2016
Count me out, I dey fly 2hours self my mind never rest, I dey pray make we quickly land as the turbulence dey shake the plane vigorously like say e wan crash talk less of 17hours.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 5:39am On Mar 29, 2016
Longest Domestic Flights Within the United States:

The U.S. is comprised of 50 states, the federal capital in Washington D.C., and five territories - Puerto Rico, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa. Of the 50 states, only Alaska and Hawaii are outside the continental United States.

In the U.S., the longest flight within the contiguous 48 states and Washington D.C., is the Miami (Florida) to Seattle (Washington) route which is a 2,724 nautical mile journey with a flight time of 6 hours and 40 minutes.

On the other hand, the longest non-contiguous domestic flight within the U.S. is that from New York (JFK airport) to Honolulu, Hawaii. The flight distance between both cities is 4,983 nautical miles and the flight time is 10 hours and 50 minutes. The flight in the opposite direction lasts for 9 hours and 45 minutes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 5:41am On Mar 29, 2016
moneybag100:
Count me out, I dey fly 2hours self my mind never rest, I dey pray make we quickly land as the turbulence dey shake the plane vigorously like say e wan crash talk less of 17hours.
Lol. I actually enjoy flying. But my maximum tolerance is between 8-10 hours.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 5:48am On Mar 29, 2016
cc: justwise, Explorers, Boeing777Pilot
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by moneybag100: 5:51am On Mar 29, 2016
CFCman:

Lol. I actually enjoy flying. But my maximum tolerance is between 8-10 hours.
I enjoyed flying too but my last experience was bad due to the high turbulence, I let the fear gripped me and bad thoughts ranged my mind. So for now, I wouldn't go near airplane if not thoroughly necessary.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 5:52am On Mar 29, 2016
GboyegaD:
Awesome! Would love to fly these destinations some day.
Especially on Emirates and Etihad flights. The journey would be a destination in of itself.

1 Like

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 5:56am On Mar 29, 2016
moneybag100:

I enjoyed flying too but my last experience was bad due to the high turbulence, I let the fear gripped me and bad thoughts ranged my mind. So for now, I wouldn't go near airplane if not thoroughly necessary.
Eyah..
For me, I'm mostly calm if its only a little turbulence. I've never been through 10 mins or more of turbulence.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Explorers(m): 6:18am On Mar 29, 2016

3 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by moneybag100: 6:19am On Mar 29, 2016
CFCman:

Eyah..
For me, I'm mostly calm if its only a little turbulence. I've never been through 10 mins or more of turbulence.
This was almost throughout the flight.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by GboyegaD(m): 7:14am On Mar 29, 2016
CFCman:

Especially on Emirates and Etihad flights. The journey would be a destination in of itself.

My next trip maybe.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 29, 2016
Explorers:
Cool, i also learnt that by 2018, Singapore Airlines is expected to run a 19-hour non-stop flight from Singapore to New York.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-3458732/The-aviation-race-Carriers-compete-offer-world-s-longest-non-stop-flight-s-Singapore-Airlines-mammoth-19-hour-trek-lined-title.html
Wow. At least, 2 flight crews would be needed on that flight.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Qualer: 8:52am On Mar 29, 2016
CFCman:

Wow. At least, 2 flight crews would be needed on that flight.

might not be necessary. modern planes these days more or less fly themselves when at cruising altitude. So most of the time, the pilots are actually chilling on long haul flights! smiley

the major work in flying modern commercial jets will be taking off and landing, mostly!
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 29, 2016
Great ...Lagos to Maiduguri by road undecided
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
Qualer:

might not be necessary. modern planes these days more or less fly themselves when at cruising altitude. So most of the time, the pilots are actually chilling on long haul flights! smiley

the major work in flying modern commercial jets will be taking off and landing, mostly!
Cool.
My earlier opinion was based on a doc about British Airways that I watched on YouTube. The BA flight was an 18-hr one, and one of the pilots said they'd usually had 2 crews on such flights.
I have to say, overall, that pilots have the coolest jobs.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Boeing777pilot: 2:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
I have been part of a crew that operated a 16hr flight from the Middle East to the United States.

It's pretty much interesting as we have two sets of crew members who share the flight time. It's really not that difficult per SE.

As a passenger, I have flown from Johannesburg to Heathrow.

As a passenger, you would enjoy long haul flights in the business class.

And yes my baby the Boeing 777 family is one of the best long haul airplanes in existence. grin

3 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Boeing777pilot: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Qualer:

It's not necessary It's compulsory.
We usually have two sets then another set on standby.
And no we don't exactly chill on long haul flights , there's a lot of other things we do during that period.

3 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 2:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

It's not necessary It's compulsory.
We usually have two sets then another set on standby.
And no we don't exactly chill on long haul flights , there's a lot of other things we do during that period.
Stuff like monitoring the systems and communicating with ATC, ensuring that you haven't strayed into a no-fly zone, right?
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 3:01pm On Mar 29, 2016
Boeing777pilot:
I have been part of a crew that operated a 16hr flight from the Middle East to the United States.

It's pretty much interesting as we have two sets of crew members who share the flight time. It's really not that difficult per SE.

And yes my baby the Boeing 777 family is one of the best long haul airplanes in existence. grin

The one plane that I haven't flown in is the A380. I've heard people say it's so quiet that they barely knew the engines were on.

BTW, how long was the journey from JNB to Heathrow?
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Boeing777pilot: 3:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
CFCman:

The one plane that I haven't flown in is the A380. I've heard people say it's so quiet that they barely knew the engines were on.

BTW, how long was the journey from JNB to Heathrow?

That's very true about the A380. It's a modern aviation marvel.

JNB -LHR is 11hours 20-30 mins. Depending on the tailwinds.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 3:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

That's very true about the A380. It's a modern aviation marvel.

JNB -LHR is 11hours 20-30 mins. Depending on the tailwinds.
Wow. That's quite a long flight.

The longest flight I've been on was a 12hr 30 min flight from Gatwick to St Louis, Missouri on the defunct TWA Airlines. I was 12 yrs old at the time, and I'd say it was enjoyable because of the in-flight movie
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by ClassCaptain(m): 3:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

boss.. You a pilot.?
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 29, 2016
The longest domestic flight within Nigeria can't be more than 2 hours?
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Boeing777pilot: 4:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
ClassCaptain:

boss.. You a pilot.?

Yes sire.
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Boeing777pilot: 4:38pm On Mar 29, 2016
CFCman:
The longest domestic flight within Nigeria can't be more than 2 hours?

Most likely Lagos to Sokoto, maiduguri or katsina maybe two hours plus
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Funjosh(m): 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2016
Who owns the Emirate Air and Etihad Air
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Boeing777pilot: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
CFCman:

Stuff like monitoring the systems and communicating with ATC, ensuring that you haven't strayed into a no-fly zone, right?

Yeah and more. And at certain times we have to "check in " with different ATC so they are aware we are in their airspace and maintain our assigned cruising altitude.

We are also aware of other aircraft flying within the same airspace . A whole lot of work

3 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Boeing777pilot: 10:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Funjosh:
Who owns the Emirate Air and Etihad Air

Google is free sir.

2 Likes

Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by ClassCaptain(m): 11:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
Boeing777pilot:

Yes sire.

please i will need your help and assistance. But first,pls kindly read this book.

http://okadabooks.com/book/about/awuff_dey_bust_belle/10506

,,thank u
Re: World's Longest Non-Stop Flights by Nobody: 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Black American Wants To Move To Nigeria - Need Advice! / Where Is Your Holiday Destination This Yuletide? / Re Trip To Cross River State (calabar + Obudu)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.