Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,677 members, 7,801,951 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone (22811 Views)

5 Things You Should Know About The New Infinix Note 5 Before Buying It. / "Anytime You Buy Fairly Used Phone, You Could Be Buying Your Way To Prison".PICS / 11 Android Specifications To Look Out For Before Buying A New Phone (2016) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by TechsNG: 6:55am On Mar 29, 2016
The mobile market is big. I mean, very big. Month in, month out, we constantly hear reports of newly released phones, soon to be released phones and hopefully to be released phones.

In as much as there are lots of phones in the market, you sure wouldn’t want to make a mistake of buying a phone you will later end up wishing you never did. If you’ve heard that experience, am sure you wouldn’t want to have it again.

I mean, we sure cannot point out numbers of people who have rushed to buying a smartphone only for them to start laying complains. Complains that makes you wonder if they knew what they were buying before they bought it.

Due to this issues and in other to reduce the occurrence of this complains (of course we can’t stop it), we have decided to talk extensively on 5 things you should do before buying your next smartphones.

1. Make A List : A popular saying has it that variety is the spice of life. So also, economics has proven that human wants are unlimited. Due to the fact that there are numerous phones in the market, it is always nice to make a list of phones you’d rather choose from. See it as having a plan A, Plan B, Plan C etc.

Depending on what you actually look for in a smartphone, you can base your list on that. It could be design, camera, performance. There are lots of phones these days that can fit in perfectly with those attributes. Hence, trust me, making a list is important.

Come to think of it, how many times have you gone to shop for a phone hoping to buy a particular one only for you to return home with another? Ehn ehn! So you see.

2. Set A Price Range: I remember those days when sophisticated phones and computers weren’t so common. We’d usually go to the cafe whenever we have anything to do with the internet. I remember usually going to the cafe with the mindset of not buying more than one hour browsing time and when I am done, I’d realize I’ve bought a total of 3 hours browsing time. Have you actually had a similar experience?

Same spirit can work with smartphones. You can budget buying a smartphone for around N30,000 and just because you want with extra cash, you could probably end up buying a smartphone with N40,000.

In other to avoid this, it’s really important that you set a price range and stick to the price range when making a list of phones to choose from as stated in point one. Thanks to online retail stores, you can get an idea as to how much a particular phone cost which should further aid you with setting a price range.

3. Read Reviews: One thing I’ve come to realize during my course of research is that most people don’t read online reviews of a smartphone before choosing to buy. They tend to go with word of mouth and funny enough, some of these people advising customers to buy a particular phone, haven’t actually used the phone. They probably must have seen the phone and maybe because of the design, you advise people around them to go get it.

Thanks to OEMs releasing phones lately with stylish designs. I mean, it’s very catchy. Our ladies love them but my dear, design and specs are two different things. A phone could look very stylish, elegant, kin-kin, you name it. But performance could be below average. *In Chris Brown’s Voice* You don’t wanna go there.

Please, save yourself from stories that touch and take some time in reading online reviews of your list of phones before making a choice or making choices. I understand there are lots of biased reviews online but then, there are still some unbiased reviews. Try to read from different sources before making a final decision.

4. Take A Proper Look At The Specs : This kinda relates to what we talked about reading reviews. Just see this as a continuation from point 3 lol.

Now, you would agree with me that 80% of our ladies do not know what specs of a phone means. Most of the time, what they care about is the design of the phone as well as the CAMERA. As a matter of fact, Camera is the koko.

I wouldn’t want to point out any name or model of a phone but there is a current trending phone with a beautiful design and really nice camera. But, performance (in my opinion) doesn’t meet up. During the course of multitasking within a short pace of time, I noticed much lagging.

Our ladies while on their phone, do quite a number of multitasking. Facebook, Twitter (maybe), BBM, WhatsApp, Gallery and of course, not forgetting candy crush (their best game I guess). Most 1GB RAM phone these days, will at some point, lag when you are continuously multitasking. You will at some point, get tired of a phone when it begins to lag. In other to avoid that experience too often, please look properly at the specs of the phone which includes processor, RAM size, camera and others before making a list of phones to choose from.

5. Don’t Go Shopping Alone : Now, this is also important. Especially if you don’t have vast knowledge on the subject matter.

I recently shared a story of a man who went to the market to purchase an iPhone only to return home and find a cloned Nokia phone with antenna. You wouldn’t want to have such experience would you? So please, try to always go with someone who’s got vast knowledge on phones whenever you are going to shop for a smartphone.

So, there you have it. Very lengthy right? Yeah I know. Don’t mind me but then, I am quite sure the points stated above will really come in handy and leave you smiling for a very time after purchasing your next smartphone.

Source: http://www.techsng.com/2016/03/5-things-buying-next-smartphone.html

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Akinonnairaland(m): 6:56am On Mar 29, 2016
You nailed it! I want to add this, after doing all this, walk to any phone selling shop to get your device not an umbrella gathering sellers in alaba or ikeja. Same market where that person purchased the cloned Nokia phone, another will come get a device with guarantee.

Am not surprise you make it to the front page here cos as i said earlier, you nailed it!

5 Likes

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by gidimasters(m): 7:16am On Mar 29, 2016
Akinonnairaland:
see dis bros
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Akinonnairaland(m): 7:18am On Mar 29, 2016
gidimasters:
see dis bros
lol
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by SonicGlows(m): 7:25am On Mar 29, 2016
A nice and well written write-up.The RAM of a phone matters a lot,never settle for a 1GB of RAM on a phone.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by CertifiedSamuel: 7:34am On Mar 29, 2016
CC : seun, lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Nobody: 7:35am On Mar 29, 2016
1. make money : make a lot of money, don't mind broke or myopic men telling you tecno j8 can do everything A Samsung s6 can, when you use quality you'll know.

2. sell your current device : don't be wasteful, convert every item into an asset. Try OLX

3. don't be carried away by battery life gionee m5 is good but it's heavier than a laptop, trust me its weight will rupture your pocket. Can't say the same about iphones and Samsung devices. So do the needful.

4. design matters: it speaks a lot about you. Infinix devices totally sücks when it comes to design. Your world, your choices tho' look out for premium designs that fits your lifestyle.

5. Data: some people will buy a phone above #50k and still be looking for free browsing tweaks, seriously? Bruh save for data if you must use an android phone.

Ok that's all... cheesy

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by seyema(m): 9:18am On Mar 29, 2016
Story story
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by JaypeeAnics(m): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2016
Before u buy a brown new smart fone....1st consider d economy. 2ndly.....look buy a fone DAT can download and store fuel.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by greatness22(m): 9:21am On Mar 29, 2016
Make i buy land.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by grbgrb4(m): 9:24am On Mar 29, 2016
nice one.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Houseofglam7(f): 9:25am On Mar 29, 2016
People still dey buy phone?
Dem no need light to charge am ni
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by HRich(m): 9:26am On Mar 29, 2016
I just bought one yesterday,
should i return it and wait till i do all this things?

1 Like

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Chimdiebere(m): 9:28am On Mar 29, 2016
I see....
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Kaxmytex(m): 9:28am On Mar 29, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by prestige2013: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2016
JaypeeAnics:
Before u buy a brown new smart fone....1st consider d economy.
2ndly.....look buy a fone DAT can download and store fuel.

BROWN
what if I prefer a brand new phone over a Brown new phone?

18 Likes

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by demarc001: 9:31am On Mar 29, 2016
I already bought it on Saturday and sincerely I did all OP stated
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by siegfried99(m): 9:36am On Mar 29, 2016
OK
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Kk4(m): 9:37am On Mar 29, 2016
Great write up... my lumia 535 have 1G Ram and no lagging.. Microsoft Rocks

1 Like

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Rajosh(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2016
see adults booking space like children.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by spacyzuma(m): 9:39am On Mar 29, 2016
Good points, OP

The 5th Point is very important. Trusted Experience matters.

You can do all the research, but someone who is more experienced will still know more than you.
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Lovexme(m): 9:41am On Mar 29, 2016
Before I get a new phone, I make an extensive research on it ranging from the price, the specifications, the reviews (both positives, and negatives), if it'd fit into what I want in a new phone, e.t.c.

Never buy a phone until you've made some satisfactory inquiries about it.

1 Like

Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by EbiJUNIRO(m): 9:42am On Mar 29, 2016
Securing my pojishon
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by Badbreathcure81(m): 9:46am On Mar 29, 2016
Focus on life and stop wasting away your future on smartphones!!
Re: Here Are 5 Things You Should Do Before Buying Your Next Smartphone by teejaypee: 9:50am On Mar 29, 2016
SonicGlows:
A nice and well written write-up.The RAM of a phone matters a lot,never settle for a 1GB of RAM on a phone.
. . Lol what about phones with 512mb ram

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno P3: Is It Better Than Other Low End Smartphones? / Basic And Detailed Information About Android Rooting (things You Never Knew) / Ending Mtn's Impunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.