Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,240 members, 7,807,810 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta (3029 Views)

Boko Haram Gives South Africa 24 Hours To Stop Xenophobia / Ohanaeze gives Oba of Lagos 48 hours to withdraw threat to Igbos / Former Petroleum Minister, Rilwanu Lukman Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by strangleyo: 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2009
On behalf of the Joint Revolutionary Council, comprising of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta, The Reformed Niger Delta People's Volunteer Force & The Martyr's Brigade, we hereby issue a 72 hours ultimatum to AFREN Energy Resources (owned by the Petroleum Minister of the Nigerian State, Alhaji Rilwanu Lukman) to vacate all its operations in the Niger Delta.

Rilwanu Lukman is an ungrateful man. AFREN Energy Resources must leave the Niger Delta immediately.

But for the respect and privilege we owe the late Dr Aret Adams, whose company AMNI International has dealings with the dubious AFREN Energy Resources, we would have bombed AFREN's Armada Perkasa FPSO which today sucks our oil via the Okoro Setu development field owned by AMNI International in the Eastern Obolo area of Akwa Ibom state.

We wish to commend the governors of the states of the Niger Delta who have decided to stand up and speak up for their people in spite of the pseudo-intimidating antiques of the ungrateful Northern Cabal.

In particular, we commend the Governors of Rivers State, Delta State, Cross River State and Edo State for arising to give voice to the millions of people from the Niger Delta scattered all over the world in search of a better life which can not be provided for them as a result of the despoliation of their land and resources by oil exploitation and exploration activities.

In furtherance thereof, we promise, in the event that these governors continue to speak up for the people, that we shall, prefer to deal with an Armistice Committee set up by these governors rather than work with the dubious and incompetent Amnesty Committee set-up by the De Facto president of this contraption called Nigeria.

We wish to condemn with great vehemence, the southern elements in the so-called Federal Executive Council who sat still while Rilwanu Lukman and his evil cabal read out the riot act for the reversal of the planned upgrade of the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) in Effurun, Warri even after the Delta State government had authorised a contribution of about two hundred and fifty million naira (N250m) for the quick take off of the upgrade project.

In particular, we condemn the likes of Godsday Orubebe (Delta State), Diezani Allison-Madueke (Bayelsa State), Grace Ekpiweren (Delta State) and Odein Ajumogobia (Rivers State) who have turned out to be rubberstamps and a disgrace to the people whose interests they ought to protect by any means possible.

These people are a disgrace!

Therefore, with immediate effect, we demand the immediate recall of this bunch of incompetent stooges and rubberstamps ( Ajumogobia, Diezani Madueke, Godsday Orubebe) by the Governors of Rivers State- Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi, Delta State - Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan and Timi Sylva of Bayelsa State to immediately recall these incompetent bunch of stooges and rubber-stamps. They are not fit to serve their people.

Also, we demand the immediate inauguration of an Armistice Committee to be set up by the Governors of Rivers, Delta, Edo and Bayelsa States.

This committee should be made up of tested and proven leaders of various endeavors and should pull together the likes of Professor Wole Soyinka, Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi of Rivers State, Prince Tonye Princewill of Rivers State, Adams Oshiomole of Edo State, Yinka Odumakin of the Afenifere Renewal Group, Ex-Governor Donald Duke of Cross Rivers State and. They shall in turn, work out a relationship with a third party arbiter such Kofi Anan, former secretary-general of the United Nations.

This committee will have as principal advisors, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari and Henry Okah. These advisors will build the framework for quick peace within the remits of possibilities and eventualities.

We will not work with the Yar' Adua Amnesty Committee which was established to reward bandit elements within the ranks of the Just campaign for the redemption and emancipation of the people of the Niger Delta.

The Struggle is Unstoppable

Cynthia Whyte

Spokesperson, Joint Revolutionary Council

Source: http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3303:jrc-gives-rilwanu-lukmans-oil-company-72-hours-to-leave-the-niger-delta&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2009
Excellent. Kick the megidas back to their northern Madrasas.
If the North owns the oil, there wont be an entity called Nigeria.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 9:15pm On Jul 26, 2009
Before people start going gung-ho, how many shares does Lukman own in the company?

London, 24 July 2007 - Afren was notified today that Dr Rilwanu Lukman, non-executive Chairman, has sold 1,437,000 ordinary shares of 1p each at a price of 70.359 pence per share. The share sale was effected on 16 July and settlement took place on 20 July.

These shares have been held since the inception of the Company in 2004. Part of the proceeds will be used by Dr Lukman in support of the philanthropic endeavours in which he is involved in West Africa.

Following this disposal, Dr Lukman remains beneficially interested in 6,000,000 ordinary shares which represent 2.24 per cent. of the issued share capital of the Company.

http://www.afren.com/latest_327.asp

London, 18 December 2008 - Afren plc ("Afren" or the “Company”) announces that Dr Rilwanu Lukman, has been appointed as Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum Resources. Following Dr Lukman’s appointment as Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum Resources, he has stepped down from the Afren Board of Directors. Dr Lukman’s share options have lapsed and he has relinquished all rights under the Founders Investment and Warrants scheme. Dr Lukman has been awarded a bonus of 650,000 shares, which together with his existing shareholding in the Company, will be
held in blind trust.

http://www.afren.com/uploads/MicrosoftWordDrLukmanAppointmentReleaseFinal181208.pdf

By all means, destroy AFREN if you want - it will affect ND indigenes more than anyone else since Lukman owns about 3% of the company.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Beaf: 10:13am On Jul 27, 2009
debosky:

Before people start going gung-ho, how many shares does Lukman own in the company?

London, 24 July 2007 - Afren was notified today that Dr Rilwanu Lukman, non-executive Chairman, has sold 1,437,000 ordinary shares of 1p each at a price of 70.359 pence per share. The share sale was effected on 16 July and settlement took place on 20 July.

These shares have been held since the inception of the Company in 2004. Part of the proceeds will be used by Dr Lukman in support of the philanthropic endeavours in which he is involved in West Africa.

Following this disposal, Dr Lukman remains beneficially interested in 6,000,000 ordinary shares which represent 2.24 per cent. of the issued share capital of the Company.

http://www.afren.com/latest_327.asp

London, 18 December 2008 - Afren plc ("Afren" or the “Company”) announces that Dr Rilwanu Lukman, has been appointed as Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum Resources. Following Dr Lukman’s appointment as Nigeria’s Minister of Petroleum Resources, he has stepped down from the Afren Board of Directors. Dr Lukman’s share options have lapsed and he has relinquished all rights under the Founders Investment and Warrants scheme. Dr Lukman has been awarded a bonus of 650,000 shares, which together with his existing shareholding in the Company, will be
held in blind trust.

http://www.afren.com/uploads/MicrosoftWordDrLukmanAppointmentReleaseFinal181208.pdf

By all means, destroy AFREN if you want - it will affect ND indigenes more than anyone else since Lukman owns about 3% of the company.

. . .Something very fishy here. Conflict of interest?
I think this company needs to be relocated to Kaduna to go with the current fad.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by PapaBrowne(m): 10:29am On Jul 27, 2009
Beaf:

I think this company needs to be relocated to Kaduna to go with the current fad.

Yeah exactly! grin grin.They should even relocate the whole oil industry to Kaduna sef and also make Debosky the pro chancellor of the Petroleum Univesity there.
I am sure the next news we will hear from this Northern Cabal of a Government is that they are building a seaport in the middle of the Kano desert!
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 10:31am On Jul 27, 2009
Beaf:

No conflict, his shares are held in a 'blind trust' in line with international practice.

grin grin grin

Once oil is found there, Afren will be there. grin

Afren seems to be doing quite well for such a young company, they are spreading their net far and wide and are in Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Gabon and even Angola now.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 10:41am On Jul 27, 2009

We wish to condemn with great vehemence, the southern elements in the so-called Federal Executive Council who sat still while Rilwanu Lukman and his evil cabal read out the riot act for the reversal of the planned upgrade of the Petroleum Training Institute (PTI) in Effurun, Warri even after the Delta State government had authorised a contribution of about two hundred and fifty million naira (N250m) for the quick take off of the upgrade project.

In particular, we condemn the likes of Godsday Orubebe (Delta State), Diezani Allison-Madueke (Bayelsa State), Grace Ekpiweren (Delta State) and Odein Ajumogobia (Rivers State) who have turned out to be rubberstamps and a disgrace to the people whose interests they ought to protect by any means possible.

These people are a disgrace!

Therefore, with immediate effect, we demand the immediate recall of this bunch of incompetent stooges and rubberstamps ( Ajumogobia, Diezani Madueke, Godsday Orubebe) by the Governors of Rivers State- Rt Hon Rotimi Amaechi, Delta State - Dr Emmanuel Uduaghan and Timi Sylva of Bayelsa State to immediately recall these incompetent bunch of stooges and rubber-stamps. They are not fit to serve their people.

hehehehehehe. . . . . . Good governance, militia style!

JRC, I gbadun this una move.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 11:12am On Jul 27, 2009
Ibime:

hehehehehehe. . . . . . Good governance, militia style!

JRC, I gbadun this una move.
The militants are confused - did Amaechi appoint/elect minsters to the FEDERAL government simply because they came from Rivers that they now feel he has the powers to 'recall' them? 

Again they are chasing shadows - instead on focusing on how the allocations for June were spent, they are blowing hot air as usual. The ND states (minus Ondo and CR) received 31% of state allocations (~35bn) in June and we hear nothing about ensuring that is properly used.

The sheer amount of misinformation about this PTI issue is amazing - some folk out there are trying to gain popularity or credence from appearing to 'fight' the FG. . .
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by holyeye(m): 12:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
The erudite literary piece from the JRC spokeswoman will make a renowned scholar envious. Good piece i must say. Concise, precise and straight to the point too. Our so called cream of the crop helmsmen, are so full of grime and muck in their barren heads.
I personally believe the fire is about to leave the faraway mountain and move to inhabited land. Those are the signs of bad, misguided and dumb leadership. Anarchy looms. An indicator was the bombing or shelling of the Atlas Cove in Lagos without any resistance from the nation's award winning intimidating military at about same time as the purpoted amnesty package. chei. Even Aso rock will not be spared.

The government goofed. I personally do not think that a rush to enact the 'Amnesty package' without finese and a blue print on causes, effects, consequences, mitigating plans and lasting solutions was appropriate.

I personally will not support nor canvass for followership of this but i believe the charlartans and swindlers in government have failed Nigeria as a state. So help us GOD.

Worthy of mention is the replacement of Amnesty with Armistice grin

Yaradull, yu ar in trouble ooooo.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
debosky:

The militants are confused - did Amaechi appoint/elect minsters to the FEDERAL government simply because they came from Rivers that they now feel he has the powers to 'recall' them? 

Again they are chasing shadows - instead on focusing on how the allocations for June were spent, they are blowing hot air as usual. The ND states (minus Ondo and CR) received 31% of state allocations (~35bn) in June and we hear nothing about ensuring that is properly used.

The sheer amount of misinformation about this PTI issue is amazing - some folk out there are trying to gain popularity or credence from appearing to 'fight' the FG. . .

Are the aforementioned ministers? . . . .  I dont know whose jurisdiction they are under (federal or state), but whatever the case, in a Nigerian Government characterised by federal character and ethnic representation, their respective peoples have the political clout to call them back as they were probably appointed by FG just to appease their people in the first place. . . .
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 1:39pm On Jul 27, 2009
Ibime:

Are the aforementioned ministers? . . . .  I dont know whose jurisdiction they are under (federal or state), but whatever the case, in a Nigerian Government characterised by federal character and ethnic representation, their respective peoples have the political clout to call them back as they were probably appointed by FG just to appease their people in the first place. . . .
Respective peoples yes, but not governors who are alleged to be as illegitimate in terms of rigged elections as the much maligned Yar'adua is.

Those 4 ministers didn't take the decision in isolation and no one knows the actual goings on in the FEC when the decision was made.

Everyone is jostling and posturing  for a shot at getting their hands on a chunk of the purported 50bn 'amnesty' package. The more inflammatory statements you make, the more of a 'threat' you appear and thus increase your chances of being settled. In my view, this 'statement' by the JRC is just another example of such posturing.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 1:46pm On Jul 27, 2009
debosky:

Respective peoples yes, but not governors who are alleged to be as illegitimate in terms of rigged elections as the much maligned Yar'adua is.

Those 4 ministers didn't take the decision in isolation and no one knows the actual goings on in the FEC when the decision was made.

Again I ask. . . . are the 4 of them ministers?. . . . I honestly have never heard of them. . . .and if they are ministers, you should know that their appointment comes from state level, as is the way with PDP, and not according to the constitution.

debosky:

Everyone is jostling and posturing  for a shot at getting their hands on a chunk of the purported 50bn 'amnesty' package. The more inflammatory statements you make, the more of a 'threat' you appear and thus increase your chances of being settled. In my view, this 'statement' by the JRC is just another example of such posturing.

nah, this is codswallop. . . JRC is basically MEND and MEND have outrightly rejected the Amnesty. . . . I expect you to know better than to chat like this. . .
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 2:02pm On Jul 27, 2009
Ibime:

Again I ask. . . . are the 4 of them ministers?. . . . I honestly have never heard of them. . . .and if they are ministers, you should know that their appointment comes from state level, as is the way with PDP, and not according to the constitution.

They are federal ministers and are only nominated (in some cases the governor just has to agree with whom the president chose) by governors and then confirmed by the Senate.

nah, this is codswallop. . . JRC is basically MEND and MEND have outrightly rejected the Amnesty. . . . I expect you to know better than to chat like this. . .
I'm not convinced - there are lots of groups out there who will be posturing to show they have a voice so they can get their hands on some loot. There are genuine groups out there, but I'm not convinced by the JRC - they are obviously not well informed. So many people claim to be MEND or part of MEND these days and we will soon see some unraveling once loot sharing begins.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 2:09pm On Jul 27, 2009
debosky:

They are federal ministers and are only nominated (in some cases the governor just has to agree with whom the president chose) by governors and then confirmed by the Senate.

Sharrap. . . . you know how the system works. . . . stop feigning ignorance. . . . each state branch of PDP sends their reps to go and collect a piece of the national pie. . . . its not because Yar'Adua likes their work that he chose Abiye Sekibo, Odili and Udenwa as Ministers. . . . its because PDP branches in Rivers and Imo State selected them . . . . therefore JRC is right, because their respective State Governors have de-jure power to recall them.

debosky:

I'm not convinced - there are lots of groups out there who will be posturing to show they have a voice so they can get their hands on some loot. There are genuine groups out there, but I'm not convinced by the JRC - they are obviously not well informed. So many people claim to be MEND or part of MEND these days and we will soon see some unraveling once loot sharing begins.

JRC is MEND. . . . . take it from me. . . . this is classified info. cool

Besides, JRC will not send Okah and Dokubo to go and represent them if they are not MEND . . . . you seem to forget that MEND is observing a ceasefire for the next 60 days, so they have to post threats under their other pseudonym - JRC!
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2009
There is no such power - once appointed, the ministers often 'interfere' in state affairs and become rivals/competitors with their governors. Most of the time, the governors don't appoint as such, the appointees just claim a state of origin and that's all there is to it - remember Alaibe vs Alams and the other battles.

Ibime:

JRC is MEND. . . . . take it from me. . . . this is classified info. cool

Besides, JRC will not send Okah and Dokubo to go and represent them if they are not MEND . . . . you seem to forget that MEND is observing a ceasefire for the next 60 days, so they have to post threats under their other pseudonym - JRC!
So Dokubo is also in MEND? He's always made a distinction to separate himself from MEND's violent means, saying that he reduced oil exports massively without damaging infrastructure.

Again, these groups are nebulous and don't speak with much unity as JRC wants us to believe. This 'faction' may simply be trying to get it's voice heard before the money gets shared.

Let them attack Afren that is doing it's bit for the communities involved in it's operations and leave the true enemies robbing them blind alone.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
debosky:

There is no such power - once appointed, the ministers often 'interfere' in state affairs and become rivals/competitors with their governors. Most of the time, the governors don't appoint as such, the appointees just claim a state of origin and that's all there is to it - remember Alaibe vs Alams and the other battles.

Nah. . . . Alaibe got too big for his britches and set his eyes on the Governorship. . . .if Alams was in a strong position himself, he could have demanded Alaibe's recall with enough local support. . . . besides NDDC no be ministry. . . .  BTW, Alaibes pikins are here with me in London, spending that cash freely grin

debosky:

So Dokubo is also in MEND? He's always made a distinction to separate himself from MEND's violent means, saying that he reduced oil exports massively without damaging infrastructure.

Again, these groups are nebulous and don't speak with much unity as JRC wants us to believe. This 'faction' may simply be trying to get it's voice heard before the money gets shared.

Let them attack Afren that is doing it's bit for the communities involved in it's operations and leave the true enemies robbing them blind alone.

Dokubo has stated categorically that he is a member of MEND in an interview on AIT.

Cynthia White is also Jomo Gbomo.

WTF are you talking about?  grin

JRC is combrised of MEND, NDPFV (Asari-Dokubo) and Martyrs Brigade. All of them are card-carrying members of MEND so I dont see the need for another umbrella group.

As to JRC not doing their research properly, whilst it is true that the PTI at Efurun caters for a more voluminous spread of workers, the affront is at the relocation of the University to Kaduna. Is there something wrong with Akwa-Ibom, Edo, Ondo, Imo, Rivers etc that they have to relocate to Kaduna?

I am correct in saying that the university will produce Management-level employees, am I not?. . . .  and who will those "managers" from the North employ? Well the evidence so far suggests that it will be another WaZoBia whitewash of the oil industry with more emphasis on the Zo.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
I accept your points on MEND, you sef kuku be London coordinator. grin

Ibime:

As to JRC not doing their research properly, whilst it is true that the PTI at Efurun caters for a more voluminous spread of workers, the affront is at the relocation of the University to Kaduna. Is there something wrong with Akwa-Ibom, Edo, Ondo, Imo, Rivers etc that they have to relocate to Kaduna?

I am correct in saying that the university will produce Management-level employees, am I not?. . . .  and who will those "managers" from the North employ? Well the evidence so far suggests that it will be another WaZoBia whitewash of the oil industry with more emphasis on the Zo.

Ol boy there's too much misinformation going on

1. No university is being 'moved' or established anywhere.

2. The Kaduna thing is the upgrade of an NNPC training facility into an institute for policy and strategic studies that will train people already in the oil industry to increase their performance levels.

3. There is no whitewash - it will work similar to the NDA or NIPSS Kuru and other such bodies - once you reach a given level within the NNPC or other organisations you will go on courses at the NIPPSS and that's all there is to it - no degrees, no conferment of management cadre but just a means to bring together leaders and improve them.

4. The upgrade of the Kaduna college was even supposed to have begun in 2000 according to the most recent reports.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by nex(m): 3:44pm On Jul 27, 2009
They just woke up and decided they want Kofi Anan to come and mediate in the issue. Na wah O! Why Kofi Annan? Why not George Bush or Queen Elizabeth?

Meanwhile, as a minister of Petroleum, I don't think the man should be having any bonus share in a petroleum company, lest he be bias in the use of his good office.

Altogether, I really don't think at the age we are in Nigeria today, Rilwan Lukman should be holding any public office. Them wan change all our parastatals to retirement homes?
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by wirinet(m): 5:02pm On Jul 27, 2009
debosky,

I am very alarmed at your posture, you make excuses for the immoral exploitation of the Northern elites of the Niger Delta oil, her land and her people.

So you are saying that you have more information than the Niger delta Govs, on the downgrading of PTI, warri and subsequent setting up of a university or an institution in Kaduna. Are you saying that the Nigerdelta is allergic to an institution of higher learning or high management training institute and is only appropriate for low grade management training colleges?

I think you would make a better minister of information than Dora.

This argument of yours is really annoying;

You are quick to castigate states who receive 31% of a total allocation of about 30% of all revenue; but you do not even ask the monstrous Federal Government to show any thing they have done with the 55% of total revenue they collect every month.

Hypocrisy is too mild a word for you.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Mynigeria: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
I WILL NEVER STOP TALKING UNLESS THEY STOP DOING

What a Madness, i mean, what a crazy madness, Mr. President Sir, i wnat us to talk, lets talk it out.

I may wish to explain you wrongs to you, all you incompetencies should be brought to the table. You are a bloody failure, wao, i mean is this the Northern Oligarchy? Serious, so you have come again? wait a minute, you even have the locus operandi to move the PTI to Kaduna, useless, that is it.

I wish i have all that it takes, i will start the bombing from your cabinet. I mean academic and professiional bombing, not weapons of massive distruction oh? your mind have skipped now, men of bad will, that is it?

MEND, Please you guys are wasting more time now, start bombing
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2009
wirinet:

debosky,

I am very alarmed at your posture, you make excuses for the immoral exploitation of the Northern elites of the Niger Delta oil, her land and her people.

Exploitation? Because I am separating fact from sensationalism I am supporting exploitation? Really? undecided

So you are saying that you have more information than the Niger delta Govs, on the downgrading of PTI, warri and subsequent setting up of a university or an institution in Kaduna. Are you saying that the Nigerdelta is allergic to an institution of higher learning or high management training institute and is only appropriate for low grade management training colleges?

I think you would make a better minister of information than Dora.

Why thank you! When a credible government is elected, I will forward your recommendation.

Two things - I don't dwell on sensationalism and idle talk. Someone came out the other day and said the ND oil is flowing because the North allowed it to flow to the south - should I simply accept idle comments hook line and sinker? There is no downgrading of the PTI - I will repeat it 1,000 times over till someone shows me contrary evidence apart from people trying to seek relevance by making noise.

I have never said the ND is allergic to anything and I have given copious examples on other threads of institutions based in the delta and elsewhere as well.

This argument of yours is really annoying;
You are quick to castigate states who receive 31% of a total allocation of about 30% of all revenue; but you do not even ask the monstrous Federal Government to show any thing they have done with the 55% of total revenue they collect every month.

Hypocrisy is too mild a word for you.
I have castigated the FG on several occasions and will continue to do so - everyone has blame in this. If I live in Gbamaratu like the JRC members, what is more iaccessible to me? What the man in Asaba is doing or someone thousands of Kms away in Abuja?

The JRC need to focus on prudent management of the resources they have first and foremost - that is what will have the largest immediate impact on the residents of the Delta (assuming that is their aim, to improve people's lives).

There is a great saying that our problems are not what is far and remote from us but that which lies closely at hand. That is all I have said - no exculpation of the FG but doubt of the sincerity of these groups.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by ono(m): 7:42am On Jul 28, 2009
The PTI upgrade was mainly about facilities refurbishment, construction of new halls, office blocks and stuff. The issue of making the school a degree awarding institution has been on for years. Forces from within and without kicked against it.

The establishment of FUPRE in Effurun is the main issue. FUPRE is the Federal University that will be involved in everything oil and gas training and studies. That's what Rilwanu wants moved to Kaduna.

I'm in full support of anything/body that will blow up into smithereens all of the structures and interests of non niger delta oil moguls.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by mbulela: 8:33am On Jul 28, 2009
before anyone castigates me, kindly read my posts on this ND and militancy issue.
i have maintained that this whole militancy thing is criminality in its barest form.
the only ideology at stake is money.
forget all these half baked speeches and empty threats.
nothing dey happen!!
this country will burn not because of marginalisation of the poor or a lack of federalism.
it will burn because of the greed of the criminals who have been empowered by politicians in the name of resource control and the greed of the thieves in power.
the billions earmarked for the amnesty program will be the downfall of this govt.
why do we need millions for amnesty in the first place?
do you know how much these militants make?
there lifestyles have been forever altered by there acts.what makes you think that a single cash flow will be enough inducement to forgo that lifestyle?
wait until they start sharing the money, then you will witness a royal rumble.
the govt had oppurtunites to nip this militancy in the bud when it was in its infancy but because of the usual insincerity of the nigerian govt and the crappiness of the nigerian military we toyed around with fire now the monster we reared will consume us as a nation.
the govt has gone down this amnesty route because persons in power and their associates are out to embezzle money in the process.most of the amnesty deals will be coded as security matter and issues of national security, hence their will be no accountability.
how you wan take probe that one?
by the time billions have been filtered away in this manner and the thieves in power have stolen enough loot in this regard and the boys in the creeks and their counterparts in PH, Bonny and Yenegoa have been deprived of their means of livelihood (bunkering, kidnapping, monthly pay from oil coys and state govts and pipe line vandalisation), we will return to square one.
Yar Adua is incapable of solving the most basic of issues so certainly not this complicated,hydra headed ND issue.
if you believe this amnesty package or the rantings of JRC, MEND, Asari, Soboma or Ateke Tom, you of all men are to be most pitied.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Thor(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2009
MEND are a bunch of down and out criminals. They are not doing anything other than trying to line their own pockets.

They are not modern day Robin Hoods, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. They are criminals and should be exterminated. angry angry angry
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by nuraabi: 10:43am On Jul 28, 2009
WHY IS IT THAT ONLY NORTHERN CAN BE MINISTERS OF OIL

MALLAM LUKMAN IS HIS 2ND TIME IN THE BARREL SIT
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by nuraabi: 10:48am On Jul 28, 2009
QUESTION REMAIN

FEDERATION OR COFEDERATION

ONE DAY NIGERIA [AN IMAGINATION OF BRITAIAN] WILL ANSWER THIS QUESTION
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Thor(m): 11:37am On Jul 28, 2009
Because what else do Northerners have?

They only have sand and nothing of value lipsrsealed

Don't know what Britain has to answer for? The whole mess is Nigerian created angry
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by asha80(m): 11:42am On Jul 28, 2009
Thor:

Because what else do Northerners have?

They only have sand and nothing of value lipsrsealed

Don't know what Britain has to answer for? The whole mess is Nigerian created angry

You are still blaming the whiteman?
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by Thor(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2009
No, I am blaming Nigerians for this whole mess. To tell it like it is, Nigerians would have difficulty in organising a sex party in a brothel angry angry angry
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 11:57am On Jul 28, 2009
ono:

The PTI upgrade was mainly about facilities refurbishment, construction of new halls, office blocks and stuff. The issue of making the school a degree awarding institution has been on for years. Forces from within and without kicked against it.

Is the problem of the PTI it's inability to award degrees? What more paper qualifications do you need outside the ones available already? Do you know what the manpower problems in the oil industry really are? undecided

The upgrade was a LOT MORE than just office blocks - it was about retraining people both locally and abroad, revisiting the organisational structure and optimising it to meet the aims of it's establishment.

The establishment of FUPRE in Effurun is the main issue. FUPRE is the Federal University that will be involved in everything oil and gas training and studies. That's what Rilwanu wants moved to Kaduna.

Blatant falsehood - Rilwan is not moving anything anywhere, simply upgrading an institute that was previously passed up for upgrading as far back as 2000. Nothing is being moved anywhere - this falsehood has been repeated so often people are regarding it as truth now.

I'm in full support of anything/body that will blow up into smithereens all of the structures and interests of non niger delta oil moguls.

Lukman owns less than 3% of this company, Egbert Imomoh an ND indigene owns more shares than he does and is the Executive Chairman and the vast majority of shares are owned by international investors on the London AIM Exchange.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by ono(m): 3:27pm On Jul 28, 2009
When I used the word ''mainly'' up there, I already have some things at the back of my mind not mentioned along with the upgrades. I also said ''and some stuff''. That's because, in deed and in truth, those other things you mentioned do not really add up to the desires of the people of Delta State (and Niger Delta in general) for the PTI. They wanted a degree awarding institution. Not a ''middle level manpower'' institution.

When it became ''clear'' to the OBJ administration that Nigeria needs both middle and high level manpower producer - sited in thesame location where the resources to do this are present, he set up the FUPRE in Effurun alongside the PTI.

If Rilwanu did not move anything anywhere, he should have simply proposed a scrapping of the CPS in Kaduna - with some wonderful justifications that should read thus:

1. CPS Kaduna is not located in the right environment for research and studies in Petroleum Engineering. Kaduna is good for NDA - there's plenty of land for keeping munitions and training war veterans. The place already have enough of federal presence.
2. Making FUPRE work at this time will endear the FG to the heart of the Niger Delta People.
3. The FG will maximally benefit from locating both the middle and high level manpower training schools in the areas where oil and gas is found in abundance.
4. Delta State will now have a federal university they can call their own.
Re: JRC Gives Rilwanu Lukman's Oil Company 72-hours To Leave The Niger Delta by debosky(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2009
ono:

When I used the word ''mainly'' up there, I already have some things at the back of my mind not mentioned along with the upgrades. I also said ''and some stuff''. That's because, in deed and in truth, those other things you mentioned do not really add up to the desires of the people of Delta State (and Niger Delta in general) for the PTI. They wanted a degree awarding institution. Not a ''middle level manpower'' institution.

WHY do they want a degree awarding institute? Is a lack of graduates the problem of the delta vis a vis manpower in the industry? That is clearly not the case!

When it became ''clear'' to the OBJ administration that Nigeria needs both middle and high level manpower producer - sited in thesame location where the resources to do this are present, he set up the FUPRE in Effurun alongside the PTI.

There is no proof of this being clear - I believe the FUPRE was 'created' in name only to keep 'agitators' quiet and had no real vision or purpose.

If Rilwanu did not move anything anywhere, he should have simply proposed a scrapping of the CPS in Kaduna - with some wonderful justifications that should read thus:

1. CPS is not located in the right environment for research and studies in Petroleum Engineering.
2. Making FUPRE work at this time will endear the FG to the heart of the Niger Delta People.
3. The FG will maximally benefit from locating both the middle and high level manpower in the areas where oil and gas is found in abundance.
4. Delta State will now have a federal university they can call their own.
1. Strategy and policy is what the CPS is involved in, not petroleum engineering so what are you talking about?

2. Completion of the FG Polytechnic in Bayelsa and the technical institute in Bonny will have a more beneficial effect - the PTDF is already engaged in this, not some university with no defined aim.

3. It is not a given that 'maximal' gain will be obtained from siting 'high level' manpower training where oil and has is found in abundance - The best schools for studying oil and gas in the UK for example are Imperial College and Heriot-Watt - none is in Aberdeen the centre of the oil industry in the UK.

4. A Federal University claim should not be muddled into the strategic needs of the oil and gas industry in this case - it has not been done in the past and should not be done now.

Rilwan made an announcement on behalf of the FEC - we do not even know who and who participated in the decision in the first place!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enough is Enough Group takes Rally to Lagos ! / GEJ's Top Priorities Are Healthcare And Education / Statistics Of Northern Nigeria That Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.