₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,884,876 members, 3,815,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 26 September 2017 at 08:31 AM

Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me (23802 Views)

Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam / I Started Masturbating At 4 After Seeing My Mum Go Unclad - Man Tells Pastor / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Onegai(f): 10:44am On Apr 10, 2016
This problem is all too common. I know someone who lost her marriage due to it. Her husband started spending too much time outside to avoid the toxic atmosphere (she claimed everything was spiritual and would prayer fire over anybody). He met a young woman and the rest was history. When the wife saw what was going on, she started inviting members of the church to come and skabash in the house. She couldn't believe it when he filed for divorce in court. She prayed against the "demons" in her marriage for 2 years until her older brother out of annoyance sent her abroad far away from the church. When her brain started calling down, she called her ex-husband to apologise. Paranoia and fear is how these churches lead their followers into doom.

8 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2016
Most Nigerian mothers are like this, don't know why.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by obowunmi(m): 10:51am On Apr 10, 2016
Move out of the house.

Until then, goodluck~

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by JuicyGee(f): 10:52am On Apr 10, 2016
YelloweWest:
Op stop going to any church where they see vision.
Go to a real bible based church and trust God to fill in the blanks.
I was once like u. Only trusting and believing what visioner said. The moment I decided to stop attending those kind of places, starting attending an Anglican church, God has turned my life around. Everything started falling into place. Try it.
so true tho.. My mum too started acting funny after she started attending one deliverance church in warri, infact she even relocated from abuja to go nd live in the prophetess house in warri. But thank God her eyes opened.. But she's still over-spiritual till now, everything to her has a spiritual meaning. Personally i think deliverance churches instill fear on their members, they give so much power and credit to the devil, they make u believe everything that happens to you is the devil's handiwork.

7 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by HaneefahRN(f): 10:54am On Apr 10, 2016
I'm sorry, I don't think this is about religion. Your mum has paranoia and that church is worsening it. She needs help.

It's common to a lot of people especially mothers though. Just endure and tolerate her till you are able to stand on your own. Be wise in your interactions with her.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mctowel01: 10:55am On Apr 10, 2016
akike:
mctowel01, there is nothing yoiu can do.

I meant no offence but your mum has mental issues, we all have ours however hers is a bit extreme. I understand you have been firm with but i think you need to change your approach. Stop arguing or talking to her on the matter. Let her speak, listen and when she is done, smile, leave or move away. Trust me,. it works. It stops you from getting too mad or upsetting her too. You have been doing all that. also you need to work on tuning her out when she starts.

I assume you will be married sometime in future. Please, do not let your wife disrespect your mum, do not let your mum disrespect your wife. make it a point to be available whenever your mum is close to the family. And do not let your mum and wife get close no matter what.

This is your cross, you must bear it.
Thank you.. I ve been taking your approach for a while, being calm, and it seems to be working. At least no midnight visits and unexpected flaring. Though part of me thinks she is in hibernation mode, and she can resume again. I m just watching.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by lenmafon: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2016
Larryfly:
My mom and I

When a girl says she prefers to marry a guy whose mom is dead, it ll be like the girl is evil

Shey na person go get this one as mother in law.

this bros u wicked o! grin but wetin u talk get truth inside. by the time op bring babe to mumsi, she go declare 40days of fasting to prove the babe no be witch.

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by BeauHomme: 11:01am On Apr 10, 2016
Acute paranoia, not entirely your mum's fault though.

it is a personality disorder requiring psychiatric evaluation and medication. It seems like religious fanatism because her case uses christianity as sanctuary. there are also non-christians suffering same, babalawo addicts as a clear example.

It's more medical than religious. I pray you get a solution soon

8 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Nobody: 11:02am On Apr 10, 2016
I hope u are not married yet....

but if i were u, id bann this woman from my life, even if for a year...

twenty years of mfm bondage is too much a toll to bear again with her, for the remainder of her life.

She has chosen to be miserable, the churches had poisoned her into extreme paranoia...

i wish there would be a law in Nigeria banning mbistries or pastors from praying "die deaths or send back to sender" stuff....its really a crime against humans.

Jesu said to his disciples: ‘Love one another, as I have loved you.’ That’s what we have to do today and every day

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by akike: 11:06am On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

Thank you.. I ve been taking your approach for a while, being calm, and it seems to be working. At least no midnight visits and unexpected flaring. Though part of me thinks she is in hibernation mode, and she can resume again. I m just watching.
keep at it even when she is not in her hibernation mode. See how it goes after few months smiley
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Ramanto(m): 11:07am On Apr 10, 2016
can't help laughing out loud after going through the whole story

everything she does is a typical symptom of visual and auditory hallucination. she hears voices and also sees vision. she could be helped medically. one day she will be tempted to attack you violently if she feels you are too rigid.
religious schizophrenia is what your mum is suffering from. just get your freedom and never introduce your fiancee to her save you'v noticed change in her.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by ghostwritter(m): 11:19am On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

Azn, ahe has made it clear that it will never end. She has close alliance with many pastors and MOG's so she keeps reporting me to them. So if they see me, they want to talk to me
op...I guess u took after ur dad's mentality on d religious affairs which is good. Ur mum is sick and highly delusional which I'm sure ur dad can't cope with any longer. if care is not taken, they will soon divorce.
OP...i'm also in same shoes as u and I know how u feel (mine is less complicated shaa). I am planning of packing out of d house to go get my own apartment.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by MikeB3(m): 11:20am On Apr 10, 2016
Live your life bro and stop letting her influence your spiritual and physical display! #Itiswell
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Kaycee625(m): 11:22am On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:
This will be really long, but I beg you to try to read to the end. Its long cos I want you to really understand the situation. This is one of the deepest parts of my life I am about to share. I should have opened a new account for it, but, well, does it change anything. I have to be real here. By the way, this issue cuts across both religion and family.

I am having serious problem with my mother. When I say serious I mean where its come to a do or die affair. The thing is that I am the first son, so I get to be told from my mum about my destiny, how I was born, what I have to do and that evil people want to spoil my destiny. My problem is that my mum has been attending a spiritual church where they see visions. Sometimes the vision could be as vague as "There is something bad in front of you in the spirit, pray against it" to visions of the past like " You use to steal/lie...go and make amend with God before coming back". My problem with the place is that it kept messing with my mind, I didn't know myself cos I was dependent on what one visioner says about me, my mind was revolving around too many things which in most cases re bad things. You know when your conscience i not calm, you are fighting so many thoughts and questions. I cant really explain it but a lot was going on in my head.

My mum is the complete definition of a home-based fanatic(she doesnt go about evangelizing), but her case is so bad that she doesnt even have any friends, and she made sure we never had or played like we should when we were kids all because, she felt our neighbours are evil, the mother of my primary school friend who she has seen just once is evil, our landlord and his wife who even doent live with us are evil and into juju against us, the house they lived in just after marriage was filled with evil people who are plotting against us, all our housemaids are evil and the people who sent them are evil and using them to plot against us, our 2 drivers who use to pick us from school are evil,anybody she quarells with is evil, and finally, Yoruba people are evil while all calabar girls are demonic, infact this caused tension when she said I must not select cross-river for my nysc choice of state because calabar girls are evil. If you have noticed, I have not talked about her view on my fathers relations because it warrants that I talk extensively about ut

My father's immediate brother is evil, his wife is also evil, they are plotting evil against us. His last brother in the village is evil, infact all of his siblings in the village are evil, and they are trying to bring him down. His mother is a witch, his 2 sisters are also witches, so travelling has always been an unpleasant journey I ve never anticipated doing with my mum because it becomes awkward when you try not to eat the general food cooked by all the wives in the family compound, because they are all evil and wicked people or when my mum publicly sprinkles holy water around family members in the compound(family compound) whie binding demons there. It got really bad when she said that my dad's recently divorced junior sister is evil, that they are all conniving together and plotting against us. This is how she puts it "the other day ozy(my aunt) came and was looking at us, when she saw me she started smiling and looking around, looking for where to penetrate and attack from, she now said 'have my children eaten', so that she will know whether to feed them poison." Its really sad and anytime I do not agree with her, a serious quarell ensues. And am really trying to stay on my own. Did I even talk about our tenants?, when we became landlords, one was calabar, so she was always fighting with her, and obviously she was seen as evil to the extent that anytime she called any of us concerning maybe water or light, my mother would be nervous, trying to ask too many questions, from me, before raining curses on her. And it doesnt ened there, we ve been doing all manner of fasting and prayers concerning all these people that God should destroy them and all. We engage into serious aggressive prayers saying that the woman is planning something in her kitchen against us and all, so we should bind the juju. So my mum makes us do all those prayers, that God should destroy all these people with my dad's family members, but they are all alive, living their lives. To her, my father is not himself, he is just the effect of a manipulation from his family members and any good thing that my dad brings to the house(like new car or promotion etc) is as a result of her prayers, cos my father is not himself.

And I am tired, I am really tired, this is not my life, this is not the life I bargained for.This has been on ever since I had consciousness, about 20 years now and yet the same story. My biggest problem which I see is that the more you pray, and yet nothing happens, convinces her that much more prayer is needed and the people are really evil, so more prayer, and hence more prayer for really really evil people. This is going into an endless pointm like a closed curve where you think you ve gotten to the end, but you are still on the same path, but with stronger conviction that you are dealind with something really deadly.

This is where my dad comes to the whole scenario. We are foundationally Catholics, but when I was young my dad, who is catholic before anything else, missed mass on sundays cos of work so was never really spiritual. My dad and mum are complete opposistes in this religion thing. He is not atheist, but he tends to dwell on scientific and logical paths before anything else. Let me say, he is just a simple christian and yess, he has very strong moral nd ethical values. He has never even prayed with us(family prayer). So with my parents being opposite, I guess that's why I wasnt fully indoctrinated doubtlessly into any path, as my mum was a fake catholic then who just went cos of marriage and for sunday ceremony and even held the chapel(spiritual visions church) in higher regard. So it took me a while(2013)to define and decide my stand, where I feel comfortable, and my conscience was at peace. I was one atheist, tho for a short period, but now, I consider myself catholic, tho not a strong one, cos I am not a full believer in all of catholic doctrines. I just can't be part of the Nigerian Pentecostal movement.

Since I have known my parents, they have always quarreled, which I know to be common in many marriages. So I don't know what happened first; whether its the visions given to her that came before the arguments started or the arguments led her to go deep in those vision thing and fully dwelling and basing life on it. My dad has made it very clear that he doesnt want to hear all these visions, he doesn't want to hear that you had a dream at night, infact he lost his mind one day, flared up, high bp took in and was hospitalized cos of this before. But to my mum, its still manipulation on him from the village.

So, my mum has been disturbing my life ever since. I have said that I don't want to be part of all these spiritual stories. It was only bringing complications. This life is too short to be spending it with complications which, at the end of the day, even the devoted mfm memebers go through the same life challenges and misfortunes as an atheist. Unless we want to decieve ourselves, even if Nigerians pray and fast from now to the end of the year, misfortunes or rather challenges will still come, and good things will also come. Luck will always favour some, while some will have to grind much harder for what they want, whether religious or atheist. Change will not come from prayers alone. My mum is part of the people that attributed GEJ's tenure to spiritual issues, that all Nigerians need to come together to pray for GEJ. I have never seen when americans needed a change and rather than fighting for it, decided to pray. It doesnt make any sense. My mum has gotten to the extent of coming to wake me every night to pray, that she saw something in the spirit, that she saw vision, that the house is being spiritually attacked.

The only way I can really explain this is like to be forcing a christian to be moslem, making it a do or die affair, like a life ambition. It cannot happen. Everyday, no peace. I have said I will just pretend for the sake of peace, she doesnt even want me to rest even when I pretend. I will be starting service soon, but what about before then and when next we see.When we pray in the morning, its always drama, because my mum says I must bind different kinds of spirits in my life, that I am praying petty prayer not meant for us. The only passage in the bible she knows is "Since the days of John, the kingdom of God suffered violence and the violent take it by force", and the psalms for war prayer.. We dont talk about the new testament or Gospels. Even when I try to be on my own, my mum wakes me up at night to pray mfm fire prayer, with all the annoying spiritual talks during the day. The other day, she said I should carry my certificate to mfm to pray. I cant do that.. Its not my life. I dont even understand the mindset people use in doing all that, but, I can never confront someone on his choice of beliefs. I believe its personal and as far as you find peace in it, and you are not constituiting nuisance, thats what matters.

I really appreciate my mum, with what she has sacrificed for me. But the fanaticism is really irksome. She has made it unequivocally clear that she wont stop till she sees me grrounded in battleground prayers. Anytime, we are together, she can just flare up and start telling me about all the evil people our family is contending with. Infact it was so bad that we reall had a tough time when the son of my dad' sister, young in his early 20's, came to stay with us after his school, so as to kickstart his career and setup himself. It was war everyday, he was seen as devil sent. This guy was earning 30k/month when he first came, and was trying to be self sufficient to a good extent...Yet my mum said that he was their route to monitor us. Nothing he did was considered good and my mum was forcing me to comply with it. It got so bad that he initially use to buy little stuff like bread and groundnut, when he saw that we were throwing it away, he stopped. My mum accused him of not showing warm regards by buying little things(which she will still throw away). That he is very evil and all. I was really wondering how someone who has a life ahead of him will be having time for all those rubbish. She made sure he didnt have peace till he left. It was so bad that she will be praying midnight, the go to his door and be raining curses on him and his family. Whenever she told me to pray and I didnt curse him also, we always quarreled. I am really tired.

My dad traveled recently, so she sent one of the visioners from the church to come talk to me. I felt stupid. And I have made it clear that I don't want any of those rubbish. I found peace in my choice of religious life in 2013 and made a decision to do away with all these spiritual stories, yet my mum never stops saying that "I will pray to go to the village to possess my possession and inheritance"

Please, is someone also going through this, please advice a brother. I am getting sick of all these.
bro i understand your plight, continue to stand your ground and when its time for Nysc leave, and live your life as you dim it fit. Goodluck
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by phanshark(m): 11:24am On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:
This will be really long, but I beg you to try to read to the end. Its long cos I want you to really understand the situation. This is one of the deepest parts of my life I am about to share. I should have opened a new account for it, but, well, does it change anything. I have to be real here. By the way, this issue cuts across both religion and family.

I am having serious problem with my mother. When I say serious I mean where its come to a do or die affair. The thing is that I am the first son, so I get to be told from my mum about my destiny, how I was born, what I have to do and that evil people want to spoil my destiny. My problem is that my mum has been attending a spiritual church where they see visions. Sometimes the vision could be as vague as "There is something bad in front of you in the spirit, pray against it" to visions of the past like " You use to steal/lie...go and make amend with God before coming back". My problem with the place is that it kept messing with my mind, I didn't know myself cos I was dependent on what one visioner says about me, my mind was revolving around too many things which in most cases re bad things. You know when your conscience i not calm, you are fighting so many thoughts and questions. I cant really explain it but a lot was going on in my head.

My mum is the complete definition of a home-based fanatic(she doesnt go about evangelizing), but her case is so bad that she doesnt even have any friends, and she made sure we never had or played like we should when we were kids all because, she felt our neighbours are evil, the mother of my primary school friend who she has seen just once is evil, our landlord and his wife who even doent live with us are evil and into juju against us, the house they lived in just after marriage was filled with evil people who are plotting against us, all our housemaids are evil and the people who sent them are evil and using them to plot against us, our 2 drivers who use to pick us from school are evil,anybody she quarells with is evil, and finally, Yoruba people are evil while all calabar girls are demonic, infact this caused tension when she said I must not select cross-river for my nysc choice of state because calabar girls are evil. If you have noticed, I have not talked about her view on my fathers relations because it warrants that I talk extensively about ut

My father's immediate brother is evil, his wife is also evil, they are plotting evil against us. His last brother in the village is evil, infact all of his siblings in the village are evil, and they are trying to bring him down. His mother is a witch, his 2 sisters are also witches, so travelling has always been an unpleasant journey I ve never anticipated doing with my mum because it becomes awkward when you try not to eat the general food cooked by all the wives in the family compound, because they are all evil and wicked people or when my mum publicly sprinkles holy water around family members in the compound(family compound) whie binding demons there. It got really bad when she said that my dad's recently divorced junior sister is evil, that they are all conniving together and plotting against us. This is how she puts it "the other day ozy(my aunt) came and was looking at us, when she saw me she started smiling and looking around, looking for where to penetrate and attack from, she now said 'have my children eaten', so that she will know whether to feed them poison." Its really sad and anytime I do not agree with her, a serious quarell ensues. And am really trying to stay on my own. Did I even talk about our tenants?, when we became landlords, one was calabar, so she was always fighting with her, and obviously she was seen as evil to the extent that anytime she called any of us concerning maybe water or light, my mother would be nervous, trying to ask too many questions, from me, before raining curses on her. And it doesnt ened there, we ve been doing all manner of fasting and prayers concerning all these people that God should destroy them and all. We engage into serious aggressive prayers saying that the woman is planning something in her kitchen against us and all, so we should bind the juju. So my mum makes us do all those prayers, that God should destroy all these people with my dad's family members, but they are all alive, living their lives. To her, my father is not himself, he is just the effect of a manipulation from his family members and any good thing that my dad brings to the house(like new car or promotion etc) is as a result of her prayers, cos my father is not himself.

And I am tired, I am really tired, this is not my life, this is not the life I bargained for.This has been on ever since I had consciousness, about 20 years now and yet the same story. My biggest problem which I see is that the more you pray, and yet nothing happens, convinces her that much more prayer is needed and the people are really evil, so more prayer, and hence more prayer for really really evil people. This is going into an endless pointm like a closed curve where you think you ve gotten to the end, but you are still on the same path, but with stronger conviction that you are dealind with something really deadly.

This is where my dad comes to the whole scenario. We are foundationally Catholics, but when I was young my dad, who is catholic before anything else, missed mass on sundays cos of work so was never really spiritual. My dad and mum are complete opposistes in this religion thing. He is not atheist, but he tends to dwell on scientific and logical paths before anything else. Let me say, he is just a simple christian and yess, he has very strong moral nd ethical values. He has never even prayed with us(family prayer). So with my parents being opposite, I guess that's why I wasnt fully indoctrinated doubtlessly into any path, as my mum was a fake catholic then who just went cos of marriage and for sunday ceremony and even held the chapel(spiritual visions church) in higher regard. So it took me a while(2013)to define and decide my stand, where I feel comfortable, and my conscience was at peace. I was one atheist, tho for a short period, but now, I consider myself catholic, tho not a strong one, cos I am not a full believer in all of catholic doctrines. I just can't be part of the Nigerian Pentecostal movement.

Since I have known my parents, they have always quarreled, which I know to be common in many marriages. So I don't know what happened first; whether its the visions given to her that came before the arguments started or the arguments led her to go deep in those vision thing and fully dwelling and basing life on it. My dad has made it very clear that he doesnt want to hear all these visions, he doesn't want to hear that you had a dream at night, infact he lost his mind one day, flared up, high bp took in and was hospitalized cos of this before. But to my mum, its still manipulation on him from the village.

So, my mum has been disturbing my life ever since. I have said that I don't want to be part of all these spiritual stories. It was only bringing complications. This life is too short to be spending it with complications which, at the end of the day, even the devoted mfm memebers go through the same life challenges and misfortunes as an atheist. Unless we want to decieve ourselves, even if Nigerians pray and fast from now to the end of the year, misfortunes or rather challenges will still come, and good things will also come. Luck will always favour some, while some will have to grind much harder for what they want, whether religious or atheist. Change will not come from prayers alone. My mum is part of the people that attributed GEJ's tenure to spiritual issues, that all Nigerians need to come together to pray for GEJ. I have never seen when americans needed a change and rather than fighting for it, decided to pray. It doesnt make any sense. My mum has gotten to the extent of coming to wake me every night to pray, that she saw something in the spirit, that she saw vision, that the house is being spiritually attacked.

The only way I can really explain this is like to be forcing a christian to be moslem, making it a do or die affair, like a life ambition. It cannot happen. Everyday, no peace. I have said I will just pretend for the sake of peace, she doesnt even want me to rest even when I pretend. I will be starting service soon, but what about before then and when next we see.When we pray in the morning, its always drama, because my mum says I must bind different kinds of spirits in my life, that I am praying petty prayer not meant for us. The only passage in the bible she knows is "Since the days of John, the kingdom of God suffered violence and the violent take it by force", and the psalms for war prayer.. We dont talk about the new testament or Gospels. Even when I try to be on my own, my mum wakes me up at night to pray mfm fire prayer, with all the annoying spiritual talks during the day. The other day, she said I should carry my certificate to mfm to pray. I cant do that.. Its not my life. I dont even understand the mindset people use in doing all that, but, I can never confront someone on his choice of beliefs. I believe its personal and as far as you find peace in it, and you are not constituiting nuisance, thats what matters.

I really appreciate my mum, with what she has sacrificed for me. But the fanaticism is really irksome. She has made it unequivocally clear that she wont stop till she sees me grrounded in battleground prayers. Anytime, we are together, she can just flare up and start telling me about all the evil people our family is contending with. Infact it was so bad that we reall had a tough time when the son of my dad' sister, young in his early 20's, came to stay with us after his school, so as to kickstart his career and setup himself. It was war everyday, he was seen as devil sent. This guy was earning 30k/month when he first came, and was trying to be self sufficient to a good extent...Yet my mum said that he was their route to monitor us. Nothing he did was considered good and my mum was forcing me to comply with it. It got so bad that he initially use to buy little stuff like bread and groundnut, when he saw that we were throwing it away, he stopped. My mum accused him of not showing warm regards by buying little things(which she will still throw away). That he is very evil and all. I was really wondering how someone who has a life ahead of him will be having time for all those rubbish. She made sure he didnt have peace till he left. It was so bad that she will be praying midnight, the go to his door and be raining curses on him and his family. Whenever she told me to pray and I didnt curse him also, we always quarreled. I am really tired.

My dad traveled recently, so she sent one of the visioners from the church to come talk to me. I felt stupid. And I have made it clear that I don't want any of those rubbish. I found peace in my choice of religious life in 2013 and made a decision to do away with all these spiritual stories, yet my mum never stops saying that "I will pray to go to the village to possess my possession and inheritance"

Please, is someone also going through this, please advice a brother. I am getting sick of all these.
pls hw old are you?
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by GboyegaD(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

Azn, ahe has made it clear that it will never end. She has close alliance with many pastors and MOG's so she keeps reporting me to them. So if they see me, they want to talk to me

I will suggest you become more assertive. When next she brings her talk, tell her politely you are not interested and she should please stop bugging you with such. When she calls you for prayer, tell her you don't want to and will pray when your spirit wants to. She will shout and say all sorts but just keep your cool so that you don't come out as been rude. Within a week, she sure will adjust.
For the men of God, once you greet them and they want to start their epistle, tell them you got things to attend to and walk away from their presence.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by janvier27(m): 11:34am On Apr 10, 2016
A major life challenge for men is how to manage the women in their lives. Op you can't do much to change your mum. She means well. Be clearly seen to belong somewhere, in this case Catholic church. Secure your independendence & be firm in your choices, she'll let you be. She went this far cos you appeared neither here nor there, and that is understandable since you are fully under her.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by byvan03: 11:45am On Apr 10, 2016
She will ruin your life with this madness, you need to break out from her bondage.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Coldfeets: 11:49am On Apr 10, 2016
Jollymich:
At your age you are now a man and she is your mother and will always be your mother for sure but the issue here is " Absolute Control" she is trying to rob you of your fundamental right. Don't touch,assault,slap or beat her but if she tries to use physical force on you jack her throat against the wall for like 2mins just to instill fear on her so she will stop i pray she will not die she will be surprise. Protect your father so she will not cause HBP from her ignoramus. Seriously shout on her to stop . Me i beat my mama and she could not believe it i did not kill her if i dont beat her up the villagers would have set our house on fire but when they came to burn our house an saw me beating my mother they on rescued her and took her to police station for the crime she committed later our family when behind and bailed her since that time she remain loyal even report on time fear me more than her husband that is discipline. But the problem she is not following up so well with family affairs because i brought heavy shame on her andn she felt depressed till now some women are Adolf Hitler that require powerful invasion from manly acts. If you continue to do "Mpi-anya" you will die like one of my father and elder brother that lost there life listening to my mother. Now i made her realize that am incharge and i can send her home to her fathers house because i will occupy my fathers house and preside over it and not her what a rubbish.

Jollymich:
The mother is the real witch and witches do not deserve pity if you pity them they will bring bad luck so let her down after all your father bring the money she only annex it that women selfish nature my wife has freedom over everything around my but there are times and limitations i put i place to supervice her excesses and omissions she wouldn't want me to raise eyebolw or fronw i thank God she is responding to my condition. As in if you do peace on right platform you will enjoy freedom of peace as long as you are good once you mess up I loose my flippancy and she hates it i supports her very as in making monetary provions and some domestic chores calling water tanker to fill overground tank and and buy fuel for daily use but cannot tolerate her painting finger nails when she's suppose make meal for the family and my precious koko mama lol and my mum is now good Because new sheriff is in town and no bail out.

Ewoooo!!! Chineke meeeehhh!!!!

Abeg, who be dis guy o

Dis guy is the funniest guy on nairaland grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by shockwave(m): 11:53am On Apr 10, 2016
I really do understand how you feel bro. I have similar people around me infact both of them (my parents) though theirs is very mild compared to your mom's. Nevertheless the issue of protecting oneself against the 'evil eye' (What it's called in Islam)is very true. That's why the last three chapters of the Holy Qur'an are specifically dedicated to seeking God's protection from the evil eyes. One should just not let it form the basis of one's life such that one lives for nothing other than think every being including the ants in your house are evil. It's weakens your faith, making you believe more in the harm evil can bring you than the protection of the mercy and grace of God!
I was born into a Christian family but became a Muslim at a very young age, about 10yrs of age, not by anybody's compulsion. Anybody would wonder what a 10 year old understands about religion. If I didnt stand my ground, my mother would probably have been able to convince me otherwise.
So my brother, stamp your feet on the ground, fortify your faith, create a space for yourself and compel your mother to respect your clear-cut boundary!

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by YelloweWest: 11:54am On Apr 10, 2016
JuicyGee:

so true tho.. My mum too started acting funny after she started attending one deliverance church in warri, infact she even relocated from abuja to go nd live in the prophetess house in warri. But thank God her eyes opened.. But she's still over-spiritual till now, everything to her has a spiritual meaning. Personally i think deliverance churches instill fear on their members, they give so much power and credit to the devil, they make u believe everything that happens to you is the devil's handiwork.
You are right. I decided to let God fight my battles without knowing where it is even coming from. So far it has worked for me. I don't have to look at everyone as a devil.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by orunto27: 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
You are an adult. Follow your heart. Always feel something, think about it and reason on it. Your mum is a little paranoid. You are her son. She holds a responsibility to see you through in life until she dies. It is a sceptre you bear and the Bible instructs you to honour her even when you are an adult and follow your heart.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mrjerrfrac(m): 12:03pm On Apr 10, 2016
Well op, i would say my mum was and still like that. Tho mine isnt like urs. The only way u can avoid this is getting ur own place and staying far away from her. My mum then even when i'm in school calls me all the time and never ends the calls until she ask me of my dream any damn time she calss. It got so frustrating that even when i'm with my friends i have to excuse my self just to tel her my dreams because to her every dream has its spiritual meaning. One day i told her to stop asking me of any dream anytime she calss that if i have any important dream i will call her and tell her.since the n she stoped. Even when u move out and relocate, ur mum wil stil call u to tel u who and who to avoid. So my advice. U are no longer a kid. U have to be a man and tell her your mind
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by teekay213(m): 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

i think we are in he same shoe bro,that is the epistle of my mother.i think the problem comes from those pastors she surround herself with.if you can cut tide with those pastors she will be redeem if that is even possible.do it now or future wife will also be seen as evil.she 's been brainwash talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Funkybabee(f): 12:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
Jollymich:
At your age you are now a man and she is your mother and will always be your mother for sure but the issue here is " Absolute Control" she is trying to rob you of your fundamental right. Don't touch,assault,slap or beat her but if she tries to use physical force on you jack her throat against the wall for like 2mins just to instill fear on her so she will stop i pray she will not die she will be surprise. Protect your father so she will not cause HBP from her ignoramus. Seriously shout on her to stop . Me i beat my mama and she could not believe it i did not kill her if i dont beat her up the villagers would have set our house on fire but when they came to burn our house an saw me beating my mother they on rescued her and took her to police station for the crime she committed later our family when behind and bailed her since that time she remain loyal even report on time fear me more than her husband that is discipline. But the problem she is not following up so well with family affairs because i brought heavy shame on her andn she felt depressed till now some women are Adolf Hitler that require powerful invasion from manly acts. If you continue to do "Mpi-anya" you will die like one of my father and elder brother that lost there life listening to my mother. Now i made her realize that am incharge and i can send her home to her fathers house because i will occupy my fathers house and preside over it and not her what a rubbish.
you need to ask for forgiveness of God and her because u have sinned against God if u haven't done that before. because u don't have right to do that even if she is a real witch that your neighbors know, her heart we be melt whenever she is seeing u and she might be raining curse on u that u might not know since u said she still fear u more than her husband that how ur living can be fruitful and meaningful even Yoruba says 'omo to Mon iya re loju oshi ni o ta pa kama tun wa so nina '.i pray may God deliver you from that Bond and forgive u.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by DaBullIT(m): 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

I am assuming you are the only one still living with your mum, if I m right, your case na sorry

Travel to another city or state and live there,

change your mobile number

Create another Facebook, inst and twitter page

While your mum might be genuinely scared or have her reasons, too much of everything is bad

So, change everything about you and let her know through your success. That you can handle yourself unless of course if you are mummy's boy
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Nobody: 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
Jollymich:
At your age you are now a man and she is your mother and will always be your mother for sure but the issue here is " Absolute Control" she is trying to rob you of your fundamental right. Don't touch,assault,slap or beat her but if she tries to use physical force on you jack her throat against the wall for like 2mins just to instill fear on her so she will stop i pray she will not die she will be surprise.

Mad-Man grin grin grin grin
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by usmanktg2(m): 12:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
Just become a Muslim. I swear to give you my Paradise for your hellfire if you regret it in the hereafter.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by barcaboi(m): 12:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
U'd be on ur own soon....just 1 advice....don't ever let her stay long in ur home wen u marry.....the survival of ur relationship or marriage depends on it....I'd have gone berserk if I was d 1

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by alien1: 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

My mother is not a witch.
Mfm mentality would make you suspect everyone and everything which might include one pursing his/her helpers away! Your best bet is to leave home without her knowing.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by sitibemfen: 12:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
Use God's word as yardstict for your position

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Snipes009: 12:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hey mctowel01 , I read through all your epistle but the part that caught me was where you brought in "moslem". That's a really bad analogy. Why is it that you people can't do without bringing Islam into your misery? O boi, that's a bad analogy please...Islam is not a religion that advocates the use of force to get accepted or practised, contrary to your obviously brainwashed opinion and whatever the media and agencies of hate propagates. Kindly edit that part please. Thanks.

On the issue of your mom's "fanticism", most Nigerian parents are in the same shoes. Yours just seem too much. You've been coping with it for years, try and cope more till you can be living on your own. With that, it won't stop unless you gonna disown your mother, but it will certainly reduce cos you can easily control the frequency of her visits to your place and your rapport....

Be easy!

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rihana's Where Have You Been Video: Illuminati? / Ogoja Catholic Diocese Welcomes Their New Bishop (Photo) / 10 Bible Promises That Can Keep You Up In Any Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 378
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.