₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1,916,297 members, 3,929,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 November 2017 at 11:57 AM

Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me (24131 Views)

Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City / I Started Masturbating At 4 After Seeing My Mum Go Unclad - Man Tells Pastor / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by 1kinggy(m): 12:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
i read your story and all i can see is paranoia, with a spiritual dimension. With all due respect, your mother's mind is in bondage of fear and some people (whatever their titles) are using her fears to manipulate her.

Don't let this get to you, stand your ground and be firm in your conviction. If need be, move away from her domain because this can rub on you and others around here.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by fof1: 12:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:
This will be really long, but I beg you to try to read to the end. Its long cos I want you to really understand the situation. This is one of the deepest parts of my life I am about to share. I should have opened a new account for it, but, well, does it change anything. I have to be real here. By the way, this issue cuts across both religion and family.

I am having serious problem with my mother. When I say serious I mean where its come to a do or die affair. The thing is that I am the first son, so I get to be told from my mum about my destiny, how I was born, what I have to do and that evil people want to spoil my destiny. My problem is that my mum has been attending a spiritual church where they see visions. Sometimes the vision could be as vague as "There is something bad in front of you in the spirit, pray against it" to visions of the past like " You use to steal/lie...go and make amend with God before coming back". My problem with the place is that it kept messing with my mind, I didn't know myself cos I was dependent on what one visioner says about me, my mind was revolving around too many things which in most cases re bad things. You know when your conscience i not calm, you are fighting so many thoughts and questions. I cant really explain it but a lot was going on in my head.

My mum is the complete definition of a home-based fanatic(she doesnt go about evangelizing), but her case is so bad that she doesnt even have any friends, and she made sure we never had or played like we should when we were kids all because, she felt our neighbours are evil, the mother of my primary school friend who she has seen just once is evil, our landlord and his wife who even doent live with us are evil and into juju against us, the house they lived in just after marriage was filled with evil people who are plotting against us, all our housemaids are evil and the people who sent them are evil and using them to plot against us, our 2 drivers who use to pick us from school are evil,anybody she quarells with is evil, and finally, Yoruba people are evil while all calabar girls are demonic, infact this caused tension when she said I must not select cross-river for my nysc choice of state because calabar girls are evil. If you have noticed, I have not talked about her view on my fathers relations because it warrants that I talk extensively about ut

My father's immediate brother is evil, his wife is also evil, they are plotting evil against us. His last brother in the village is evil, infact all of his siblings in the village are evil, and they are trying to bring him down. His mother is a witch, his 2 sisters are also witches, so travelling has always been an unpleasant journey I ve never anticipated doing with my mum because it becomes awkward when you try not to eat the general food cooked by all the wives in the family compound, because they are all evil and wicked people or when my mum publicly sprinkles holy water around family members in the compound(family compound) whie binding demons there. It got really bad when she said that my dad's recently divorced junior sister is evil, that they are all conniving together and plotting against us. This is how she puts it "the other day ozy(my aunt) came and was looking at us, when she saw me she started smiling and looking around, looking for where to penetrate and attack from, she now said 'have my children eaten', so that she will know whether to feed them poison." Its really sad and anytime I do not agree with her, a serious quarell ensues. And am really trying to stay on my own. Did I even talk about our tenants?, when we became landlords, one was calabar, so she was always fighting with her, and obviously she was seen as evil to the extent that anytime she called any of us concerning maybe water or light, my mother would be nervous, trying to ask too many questions, from me, before raining curses on her. And it doesnt ened there, we ve been doing all manner of fasting and prayers concerning all these people that God should destroy them and all. We engage into serious aggressive prayers saying that the woman is planning something in her kitchen against us and all, so we should bind the juju. So my mum makes us do all those prayers, that God should destroy all these people with my dad's family members, but they are all alive, living their lives. To her, my father is not himself, he is just the effect of a manipulation from his family members and any good thing that my dad brings to the house(like new car or promotion etc) is as a result of her prayers, cos my father is not himself.

And I am tired, I am really tired, this is not my life, this is not the life I bargained for.This has been on ever since I had consciousness, about 20 years now and yet the same story. My biggest problem which I see is that the more you pray, and yet nothing happens, convinces her that much more prayer is needed and the people are really evil, so more prayer, and hence more prayer for really really evil people. This is going into an endless pointm like a closed curve where you think you ve gotten to the end, but you are still on the same path, but with stronger conviction that you are dealind with something really deadly.

This is where my dad comes to the whole scenario. We are foundationally Catholics, but when I was young my dad, who is catholic before anything else, missed mass on sundays cos of work so was never really spiritual. My dad and mum are complete opposistes in this religion thing. He is not atheist, but he tends to dwell on scientific and logical paths before anything else. Let me say, he is just a simple christian and yess, he has very strong moral nd ethical values. He has never even prayed with us(family prayer). So with my parents being opposite, I guess that's why I wasnt fully indoctrinated doubtlessly into any path, as my mum was a fake catholic then who just went cos of marriage and for sunday ceremony and even held the chapel(spiritual visions church) in higher regard. So it took me a while(2013)to define and decide my stand, where I feel comfortable, and my conscience was at peace. I was one atheist, tho for a short period, but now, I consider myself catholic, tho not a strong one, cos I am not a full believer in all of catholic doctrines. I just can't be part of the Nigerian Pentecostal movement.

Since I have known my parents, they have always quarreled, which I know to be common in many marriages. So I don't know what happened first; whether its the visions given to her that came before the arguments started or the arguments led her to go deep in those vision thing and fully dwelling and basing life on it. My dad has made it very clear that he doesnt want to hear all these visions, he doesn't want to hear that you had a dream at night, infact he lost his mind one day, flared up, high bp took in and was hospitalized cos of this before. But to my mum, its still manipulation on him from the village.

So, my mum has been disturbing my life ever since. I have said that I don't want to be part of all these spiritual stories. It was only bringing complications. This life is too short to be spending it with complications which, at the end of the day, even the devoted mfm memebers go through the same life challenges and misfortunes as an atheist. Unless we want to decieve ourselves, even if Nigerians pray and fast from now to the end of the year, misfortunes or rather challenges will still come, and good things will also come. Luck will always favour some, while some will have to grind much harder for what they want, whether religious or atheist. Change will not come from prayers alone. My mum is part of the people that attributed GEJ's tenure to spiritual issues, that all Nigerians need to come together to pray for GEJ. I have never seen when americans needed a change and rather than fighting for it, decided to pray. It doesnt make any sense. My mum has gotten to the extent of coming to wake me every night to pray, that she saw something in the spirit, that she saw vision, that the house is being spiritually attacked.

The only way I can really explain this is like to be forcing a christian to be moslem, making it a do or die affair, like a life ambition. It cannot happen. Everyday, no peace. I have said I will just pretend for the sake of peace, she doesnt even want me to rest even when I pretend. I will be starting service soon, but what about before then and when next we see.When we pray in the morning, its always drama, because my mum says I must bind different kinds of spirits in my life, that I am praying petty prayer not meant for us. The only passage in the bible she knows is "Since the days of John, the kingdom of God suffered violence and the violent take it by force", and the psalms for war prayer.. We dont talk about the new testament or Gospels. Even when I try to be on my own, my mum wakes me up at night to pray mfm fire prayer, with all the annoying spiritual talks during the day. The other day, she said I should carry my certificate to mfm to pray. I cant do that.. Its not my life. I dont even understand the mindset people use in doing all that, but, I can never confront someone on his choice of beliefs. I believe its personal and as far as you find peace in it, and you are not constituiting nuisance, thats what matters.

I really appreciate my mum, with what she has sacrificed for me. But the fanaticism is really irksome. She has made it unequivocally clear that she wont stop till she sees me grrounded in battleground prayers. Anytime, we are together, she can just flare up and start telling me about all the evil people our family is contending with. Infact it was so bad that we reall had a tough time when the son of my dad' sister, young in his early 20's, came to stay with us after his school, so as to kickstart his career and setup himself. It was war everyday, he was seen as devil sent. This guy was earning 30k/month when he first came, and was trying to be self sufficient to a good extent...Yet my mum said that he was their route to monitor us. Nothing he did was considered good and my mum was forcing me to comply with it. It got so bad that he initially use to buy little stuff like bread and groundnut, when he saw that we were throwing it away, he stopped. My mum accused him of not showing warm regards by buying little things(which she will still throw away). That he is very evil and all. I was really wondering how someone who has a life ahead of him will be having time for all those rubbish. She made sure he didnt have peace till he left. It was so bad that she will be praying midnight, the go to his door and be raining curses on him and his family. Whenever she told me to pray and I didnt curse him also, we always quarreled. I am really tired.

My dad traveled recently, so she sent one of the visioners from the church to come talk to me. I felt stupid. And I have made it clear that I don't want any of those rubbish. I found peace in my choice of religious life in 2013 and made a decision to do away with all these spiritual stories, yet my mum never stops saying that "I will pray to go to the village to possess my possession and inheritance"

Please, is someone also going through this, please advice a brother. I am getting sick of all these.

MY GOOD FRIEND. PLS BE INFORMED THAT, FANATICISM IS NOT GOOD. UR MUM IS ENSLAVED MY HER MIND SET RATHER THAN SPIRITUALITY. EXTREMISM AND LEGALISM ARE NOT TRUE CHRISTIANITY. U PERSONALLY NEED JESUS CHRIST AS UR LORD AND PERSONAL SAVIOUR NO DOUBT BUT NOT TO SEE EVERY PERSON AROUND U AS EVIL.WHO THEN IS GOOD IN UR HOME? THIS IS SATANIC BONDAGE IN THE NAME OF SPIRITUALITY. SUCH NEED DELIVERANCE ALSO. U NEED TO SAVE UR MUM FROM THISVMIND SET BUT NOT BY QUARRELS OR FIGHTS. U TRULLY NEED JESUS IN UR LIFE.SEEK HIM SINCERELY IN PRAYERS TO ESTABLISH U IN TRUE SALVATION AND HE WILL LEAD YOU OUT OF THIS PATH OF DESTRUCTION AND SELF DELLUSION. MORALITY IS NOT CHRISTIANITY. NOT ALL VISIONS AND DREAMS ARE REVELATIONS FROM GOD, SO BEWARE.GOD CAN NOT CONFUSE U OR MAKE U ENEMIES OF ALL.SEEK DIVINE GUIDANCE URSELF THRO PERSONAL DEVOTIONS.REPENT OF UR SINFUL LIFESTYLE AND BE CONVERTED.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by OneManLegion(m): 12:58pm On Apr 10, 2016
Mctowel01, I mean no disrespect to your mom but I think she's suffering from schizophrenia. It's a psychiatric condition. Please and please, don't take this the wrong way 'cause I know it's offensive to be told that one's mom has mental issues, but I think this is what it is.

She's schizophrenic and the outlet is religion.

Now that you know what's up with her, you should know that when you stand your ground against her, she'll conclude that they've gotten to you and she'll only double her prayers.

My advice is, go(in connivance with your dad) and tell her story to a psychiatrist. Then go tell her you saw a vision where Jesus asked you and your mom to visit a man(who will happen to be the psychotherapist) and that he(Jesus) has made some revelations to the man(the psychiatrist).

From there, her psychotherapy will commence.

Hang on there, man.

4 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by sirnature: 1:05pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

Yes, madness church. Thank God i ve finally seen someone who knows about it. How did you get to know about it?
lol..i waz born into dat church as a child,i neva liked there doctrine, it got 2 a point dat I even get scolded @ home jst Bcus of wat the visioners saw abt me,they made me get confused abt life generally,but immediately I gained admission I got my freedom..right now am a free thinker and I luv my life d more now.Religion is jst mental slavery

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by julsuc: 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
emeraldknytt:
this one na wayray oh! Which kain advice be dat. Op no go jack your mama 4 neck o, cos by then she will take your name to mt. Zion mt. Everest + mt. Guguru grin this guy funny sha
my dear i wonder o.How can someone beat his or her mother,no matter what she has done.Remember whatsoever one sow shall d person also reap.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mctowel01: 1:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
sirnature:
lol..i waz born into dat church as a child,i neva liked there doctrine, it got 2 a point dat I even get scolded @ home jst Bcus of wat the visioners saw abt me,they made me get confused abt life generally,but immediately I gained admission I got my freedom..right now am a free thinker and I luv my life d more now.Religion is jst mental slavery
Are your parents still attending the place?
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mctowel01: 1:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
For those who have already suggested medical help. I have always had it at the back of my mind, but this is Nigeria na where mental issues are interpreted as either demonic or not. So my mother can never admit she has a mental issue. Anyway, i really appreciate everyone that took time to comment and those who shared their stories. At least, i am certain i am not the only one going through this.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by BuddhaPalm(m): 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
It's very likely a mental health issue.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by sirnature: 1:24pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

Yes, madness church. Thank God i ve finally seen someone who knows about it. How did you get to know about it?
...ur case is a small case self my father and my mother re both cross bearers in dat church and am d only son,so u can imagine what I went through, my mother is also a teacher..but as am talking to now none of them even dares to mention anyfin like visions to me..am jst living my life

3 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mctowel01: 1:27pm On Apr 10, 2016
flyca:
You sound too intelligent to allow your mum manipulate. The time to stop her is NOW.
You need to take charge for yourself, your future and your younger ones.
I won't advice any further as you have received enough good advice already.

But I have a short story to tell:
My sister is like this paranoid to evil, but on a much lower scale. Her favorite phrase is : "Life is more spiritual than physical". I'm already doing my best to stop her already. One day, I was telling her about my cousin, a medical doctor, married with a kid. He went to do his housemanship in a private university that wasn't accredited. After about 7 months, he got a posting to a Federal University now, and had to move. As we were gisting, she said "Flyca, shey you know that Doc has had this kind of issue before, he wasted one year before when he wrote his first jamb that he had his no-accreditation issue and he had to leave the school plus all the money that was spend in that private school. Maybe he should start seeking spirit..... undecided". Immediately, I heard 'spiri....', I just cut her off and left! I don't entertain such tales angry

Religion twists people's mindset. Religion is a manipulative tool. Have you wondered why Nigeria is too religious yet one of the most morally bankrupt nation on the face of the Earth? Abeg make I stop.

Nice seeing someone in the same situation. My sister also has such tendencies, so i worry at times why i am not like that considering we were raised under the same parents. Life has issues on its own and this spiritual talk tends to complicate problems more for me.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by fireforfire: 1:34pm On Apr 10, 2016
Chaii. .... ur mom na strong thing o.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mctowel01: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2016
lawrenzooo:
Unfortunately I find myself in same situation. Am the only child of my parent and my mum believe aside me and her mum every other person is evil and that every other person in the world is out to hurt her family (husband and son). They get driven to a point by this so called prayer houses where they are meant to believe that everybody is a witch and out to harm them. In my own case it was so unfortunate that I was mostly away and by the time I returned my mum was standing on the line between sanity and insanity. So I had to make her choose between me and her church and at first she choosed her church so I took my bag and left home after three weeks she called me that I should come home that she is ready to change her church. When I got home I discovered she had lost some part of her memory as she could no more call things by their name rather she describe them like if she wants to called Maggi or salt she would say that thing they use in cooking. We had to go see a doctor and on the first day her BP was reading 210/140 with time it came down and the doctor referred us to see a psychiatrist and it's been some time now and with the help of God as much prayer has been going on and the help of doctors gradually she is regaining her self.

So brother the first thing is u have to find a way to make ur mom leave that church else she would be driven to a point of insanity because even if u become independent and leave home when things get worst everyone would dessert her and u would be forced to come look after ur mom. There after seek the help of a clinical psychologist or psychiatric while you intensify prayers am sure nothing is beyond God. Wishing you all the best. Less I forget the best time to act is now that u are at home.
Bro, the truth is i know she won't leave the place. I know my mum well. I am just scared of how bad it will be in the future cos i know that none of these pastors or visioners will be there when things get very rough. I m just trying to be calm.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 10, 2016
I BET UR MUM IS CAPRICORN (JANUARY BORN)
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mctowel01: 1:41pm On Apr 10, 2016
Onegai:
This problem is all too common. I know someone who lost her marriage due to it. Her husband started spending too much time outside to avoid the toxic atmosphere (she claimed everything was spiritual and would prayer fire over anybody). He met a young woman and the rest was history. When the wife saw what was going on, she started inviting members of the church to come and skabash in the house. She couldn't believe it when he filed for divorce in court. She prayed against the "demons" in her marriage for 2 years until her older brother out of annoyance sent her abroad far away from the church. When her brain started calling down, she called her ex-husband to apologise. Paranoia and fear is how these churches lead their followers into doom.
Exactly my thought.
Believe me, my dad is really calm. I know i cant date someone with such mindset talkless of marriage.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by ibnzubair(m): 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2016
@ mctowel01

I think the solution is secrecy. Keep everything from her. Hold everything inside you. Be a mystery, spend more time away and alone. The very moment you get to leave use.

One more thing, don't get too used to secrecy... it kills people from within. And also, when your mom begins to call you evil, then your close to achieving your freedom.

All the best
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by 100Cents: 1:46pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

She is into teaching. I tell her she needs to stop listening to those people(visioners) but she says that if not for the visions and her prayers, i would have been useless, that the evil people in the village would have messed with my life and destiny and my father would have gone down.

Are you the only child ? Calm down, you will soon leave the house for her..

Some women and vision. Next step to watch out for in future is, when babe you wan marry come carry you go prayer house, just run.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by PastorOluT(m): 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:

Thank you.

I am so surprised of all the advice (tho some are ok) given no one is yet to really show u d problem. Ur mom is under serious bondage (religious bondage) which is one of the worst kind of bondage. Many claim to be set free from d bondage of the world only to inherit religious bondage.

Ur mom is under the influence of one so called man of God who in his selfishness is set out to destroy her life as long with many others. U really need to pray for ur mom n talk to her, this means that u also have to develop urself spiritually in order to be able to help her n others cos as it seems others lives too is as stake.

NB D way i see it great responsibility rest on ur shoulder. U have d option of saving urself at d expense of ur family members or/and saving all (urself n family members)
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by mctowel01: 2:02pm On Apr 10, 2016
sirnature:
...ur case is a small case self my father and my mother re both cross bearers in dat church and am d only son,so u can imagine what I went through, my mother is also a teacher..but as am talking to now none of them even dares to mention anyfin like visions to me..am jst living my life
I envy you o, even with their positions. My mum is just an ordinary member sef and it was war before she stopped disturbing me to go. Messages no dey finish there.
Your mother is a teacher or you mean visioner?
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by ManuelRichard(m): 2:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
Brother...!!! Set thy self free....!

my mum was a bit on this path in my early days...

buy trust me naa
..warri pikin?
....I was termrd stubborn when I became recentful.....n strictly assertive...

I chose my own place of worship..."living faith.".

I do it my way...I don't got to church Monday to Sunday...DAT is nt Gods intention fr Christianity..

BT i bliv God from my heart n without fear...

I pray 2..n i understand DT we wrestle not against flesh n blood BT against principalities n powers...

still no fear because I understand that d lord shall fight fr me n i shall hold my peace..a peace that paset all understanding..., a peace that quietens my thoughts n my heart..

I had delay in getting an education..BT 2day am a graduate ..abt to go fr service like you....I dunnot attribute my challenges n delays to people even when alot of people showed my family ill attention on d death of my father...i v known som bad tyms BT I v known a lot of good tyms too..n DT is what I fink life is...,b free expect d unexpected..,b grateful fr all u get..little or much...BT b really free...keep an open mind,u r educated.. don't allow religion mess up ur reasoning n peace of mind... as DT seem to b in vogue... pastors n visionerrs and their visions....hu vision help?

faith works,bible principles work....practice them

but set ur self free from your mothers madness.. #sorry to say.....love her buh you r no kid,..man up,have your say n mean it,u can b politely disobedient lol..i use that tactic n my mum says my heart is strong..

y ?because..I now have my say....Grow up man n b Free

2 Likes

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by 100Cents: 2:21pm On Apr 10, 2016
Larryfly:
My mom and I

When a girl says she prefers to marry a guy whose mom is dead, it ll be like the girl is evil

Shey na person go get this one as mother in law.

LMAO..
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by 100Cents: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2016
shamecurls:
What hurts me the most about religion is how Africans believed that a Man in Isreal died for there sins in Africa and same belief accounts for over 70% of the violence in Africa.

Religion is a scam! Its a white mans story.

So Chritians are violent in Africa ?

Cite examples.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by teeghurl(f): 2:28pm On Apr 10, 2016
Wow, i wonder how having this kind of a woman as a mother-in-law would be, Lord have mercy. Bro, u've got to be firm with ur choices, remember u still have a whole lot of life ahead of you. Sure it won't be easy for now but you still can cut the root before it becomes deeply rooted

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by shockwave(m): 2:29pm On Apr 10, 2016
[b][/b]
Onegai:
Paranoia and fear is how these churches lead their followers into doom.
Op, you're very correct!
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by shamecurls(m): 2:32pm On Apr 10, 2016
100Cents:

So Chritians are violent in Africa ?

Cite examples.

Not about Christians, its about the imported religions. Islam is not exceptional.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by thehomer: 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
mctowel01:
This will be really long, but I beg you to try to read to the end. Its long cos I want you to really understand the situation. This is one of the deepest parts of my life I am about to share. I should have opened a new account for it, but, well, does it change anything. I have to be real here. By the way, this issue cuts across both religion and family.

My mum is the complete definition of a home-based fanatic(she doesnt go about evangelizing), but her case is so bad that she doesnt even have any friends, and she made sure we never had or played like we should when we were kids all because, she felt our neighbours are evil, the mother of my primary school friend who she has seen just once is evil, our landlord and his wife who even doent live with us are evil and into juju against us, the house they lived in just after marriage was filled with evil people who are plotting against us, all our housemaids are evil and the people who sent them are evil and using them to plot against us, our 2 drivers who use to pick us from school are evil,anybody she quarells with is evil, and finally, Yoruba people are evil while all calabar girls are demonic, infact this caused tension when she said I must not select cross-river for my nysc choice of state because calabar girls are evil. If you have noticed, I have not talked about her view on my fathers relations because it warrants that I talk extensively about ut

My father's immediate brother is evil, his wife is also evil, they are plotting evil against us. His last brother in the village is evil, infact all of his siblings in the village are evil, and they are trying to bring him down. His mother is a witch, his 2 sisters are also witches, so travelling has always been an unpleasant journey I ve never anticipated doing with my mum because it becomes awkward when you try not to eat the general food cooked by all the wives in the family compound, because they are all evil and wicked people or when my mum publicly sprinkles holy water around family members in the compound(family compound) whie binding demons there. It got really bad when she said that my dad's recently divorced junior sister is evil, that they are all conniving together and plotting against us. This is how she puts it "the other day ozy(my aunt) came and was looking at us, when she saw me she started smiling and looking around, looking for where to penetrate and attack from, she now said 'have my children eaten', so that she will know whether to feed them poison."

Please, is someone also going through this, please advice a brother. I am getting sick of all these.

I'm not going through this but I have two possibilities that don't look or sound too good.

1. She may actually believe these things due to her deep religious convictions

2. I'm really sorry to say this and please don't take it the wrong way but it may be that she suffers from paranoid delusions which are a manifestation of mental issues. You may want to speak to a doctor who knows your family just to be on the safe side.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by asalimpo(m): 2:48pm On Apr 10, 2016
BiniShrine:
it's well with you for real... Can you hear yourself? Can't you leave the church and faith he chose to stand with than attack it? Kindly advise him and pray for his mum. Let love leads
ok, let's leave him to genuflect to his idols - in the name of love.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by asalimpo(m): 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2016
specimenC:

Another version of op's mum...lol this one na e-version.
is your sense of comparison working well at all? I condemned his mom's actions - but his religion (false)
is also an issue.
Grow up.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Ogundana1970(m): 2:59pm On Apr 10, 2016
I can see your fealings, you really try, you're are good christian. Keep it up. To be a christian is to be like Jesus.
1. Persiverance in all things.
2. Endurance in every situation.
3. Patient and prayer.
If you. Can not endure for your parent, how can you endure things for outsider?
Don't ever in your life raise your hand up to any of your parent, is a taboo. You have a time limit to stay with your parent, you can only succeeded it through patient, beside patient is woe. If your parent wrong you must submit. To him or her. You don't have any right my brother to even speak harshly with her. You can go into your closseth for prayer for her.
Your mum problem is ductrine I mean wrong ductrine she aquired in the chuch she's attending.
Now solution. Look for job that can take you out of that city you live, I mean the job outside the town. You will just be comming for. Visitation occassionaly, and when you're coming you will determine that you will not brovoke. What ever you experience at time be. The job you need may not fesh you much but atlist it will avert the provokeation.
Lastly, make up your mind that what ever way she's behaving it will not read many to you again. Take your mum as she is, so that you will not sin against God. Through her. May God see you through at this trial time.
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by Emyben(m): 3:06pm On Apr 10, 2016
asalimpo:

Your conversion isnt complete but move a lil closer to God from idols (mary and the sun wafer - see ya a jack chick comic near you or visit chick.com to know the frying pan you are in ).

You deserve to be insulted but there aint no need for it now.
Mctowel01 said he is a Catholic now which means that he is a Christian and you still open your gutter of a mouth to say that hr should move closer to God from Idols.

Did you hear him say that he is an idolater? or you are among those set of fanatics that believes their own sect of a religion is better? You are not different from the Mother who has been forcing him up and hating on others.

lastly, stop hating the Catholic Church and stop being a Judge. Christ condemned it. Its so evident in you.

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by cantara: 3:14pm On Apr 10, 2016
The case of mothers being over protective on children is a common phenomenon,but the case of your mother is somehow different-spiritual .
The act will not only compound tension within the family,it will also create more enemies and tag herself a witch.
My advise is be a Man by maintaining your stand,no matter how stuborn she may be there are some family members she just have to listen to- express your grief to these people, you will see changes.
The most important is to be independent of her financially,shelter.
My mum was getting to that level not spiritual though but i maintained my stand from childhood,
Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by cantara: 3:18pm On Apr 10, 2016
Majorly she is your mother irrespective of how she might be handling issues with you.
BE CAREFUL OF ADVICES especially on nairaland.
"A child's key to paradise lies below mother's feet".

1 Like

Re: Religion Is Causing Tension Between Me And My Mum! Please Advice Me by marca: 3:19pm On Apr 10, 2016
Jollymich:
At your age you are now a man and she is your mother and will always be your mother for sure but the issue here is " Absolute Control" she is trying to rob you of your fundamental right. Don't touch,assault,slap or beat her but if she tries to use physical force on you jack her throat against the wall for like 2mins just to instill fear on her so she will stop i pray she will not die she will be surprise. Protect your father so she will not cause HBP from her ignoramus. Seriously shout on her to stop . Me i beat my mama and she could not believe it i did not kill her if i dont beat her up the villagers would have set our house on fire but when they came to burn our house an saw me beating my mother they on rescued her and took her to police station for the crime she committed later our family when behind and bailed her since that time she remain loyal even report on time fear me more than her husband that is discipline. But the problem she is not following up so well with family affairs because i brought heavy shame on her andn she felt depressed till now some women are Adolf Hitler that require powerful invasion from manly acts. If you continue to do "Mpi-anya" you will die like one of my father and elder brother that lost there life listening to my mother. Now i made her realize that am incharge and i can send her home to her fathers house because i will occupy my fathers house and preside over it and not her what a rubbish.
so funny indeed! But truth is bitter,I like ur way

(0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Surprise Book Presentation On Pastor Adeboye In Pix With AgPresident, OBJ / Songs That Makes You Feel God's Presence? / 7 Biblical/ Wisdom Ways To Avoiding "RAPE" At All Cost In A Filthy World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.