Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,438 members, 7,801,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People (4320 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze And Other Atheist Are Wasting Their Time / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? / Atheist Are Right After All.my Eyes Have Open!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2016
In the era of common sense I want to ask people who do not believe in God and believe the world just evolved those people can categorically say that "facebook" evolved also and has no founder or maker "facebook" just came into being without no make and has no purpose for being made. think of this statement in the context of God. If you can believe facebook was made by man ask Yourself who made You and why are you on earth? We have an owner surely we never wished anything into existence and it happened
I would take us back to primary school where we were taught words and opposite and I believe these words and opposite is what keeps the world on a balanced scale

Words Atheist Opposite
Boy confused Girl
Credit " Debit
Negative " Positive
Weak " Strong
Good " Evil
God " Devil

I could go on and on, but now above is a tabular representation of where Atheist stand, In business studies in secondary school (common sense0 we all learnt that there is no Credit transaction without a debit somewhere in order for your books to be balanced. Nobody likes debit transaction but dosent mean it will not occur. If you can believe this simple law of accounting and you refuse to believe that there is a God (positive) and Devil (negative) that is how the world remains balanced.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:27am On Mar 29, 2016
No Mind them OP...

An Ediot wakes up one morning and claims "free thinking"...

As if his brain has brought any useful thing to us in Nigeria...

Some people needs to be flogged and preached to!!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by finofaya: 11:31am On Mar 29, 2016
OP how can you be this uninformed about an issue and still claim to have an opinion? You are a spectator of this topic of atheism for now. Stop running into the field.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 12:29pm On Mar 29, 2016
Its easy to critize @finofaya, Kindly make a valid point and I would reply You informatively
finofaya:
OP how can you be this uninformed about an issue and still claim to have an opinion? You are a spectator of this topic of atheism for now. Stop running into the field.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kaykaymil:
Its easy to critize @finofaya, Kindly make a valid point and I would reply You informatively
We don't believe Facebook was made by man. We know Facebook was created by a college kid named Mark Zuckerberh and his friends. If you want to meet him, you know where to find him. Having or not having a Facebook account doesn't stop you from socializing with friends on other networks. Facebook has official pages via which we can contact them for enquiries or information regarding their platform. Facebook regularly updates and informs each user about what updates were made and what new features were added. You can quit Facebook without losing your internet.

I hope you get the message.

I agree that nature is complex and mystery. Why create another 'mystery' to 'complex' the 'complex"? grin

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:09pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kaykaymil:
In the era of common sense I want to ask people who do not believe in God and believe the world just evolved those people can categorically say that "facebook" evolved also and has no founder or maker "facebook" just came into being without no make and has no purpose for being made. think of this statement in the context of God. If you can believe facebook was made by man ask Yourself who made You and why are you on earth? We have an owner surely we never wished anything into existence and it happened
I would take us back to primary school where we were taught words and opposite and I believe these words and opposite is what keeps the world on a balanced scale

Words Atheist Opposite
Boy confused Girl
Credit " Debit
Negative " Positive
Weak " Strong
Good " Evil
God " Devil

I could go on and on, but now above is a tabular representation of where Atheist stand, In business studies in secondary school (common sense0 we all learnt that there is no Credit transaction without a debit somewhere in order for your books to be balanced. Nobody likes debit transaction but dosent mean it will not occur. If you can believe this simple law of accounting and you refuse to believe that there is a God (positive) and Devil (negative) that is how the world remains balanced.
so who created God?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by finofaya: 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kaykaymil:

If you have information you would have used it in the OP.

Your Facebook analogy misses the mark entirely. The point it addresses does not even favour you, since I can equally ask you how God could have came into being in a different manner from Facebook. Tell me, if you believe that Facebook did not evolve but was created, how can you believe that God was not created but evolved? Are you trying to say that something can come from nothing? The mistake you're making is thinking that the problem of how anything came into existence can be explained away by calling on God.

Arguing for the existence of God on the ground that anything which exists must have been created by God is a self defeating argument, since God is also a thing which exists and must therefore have been created by God. It also begs the question; why must anything which exists be created by God? The answer to that question is also self defeating, as sonofLucifer has explained.

That matter of words and opposites in your OP is a joke. I hope you don't take it seriously.

So you now have a rough idea of where to start from next time you want to address the concerns of atheists

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 4:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
It was asked in the last Jamb and I swear everybody failed it, why because it is a mystery its like you asking me who created "gravity"? .
Oluwaseytiano:
so who created God?
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 4:50pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nice we were "told" mark Z created facebook I was not there with him I can as well say facebook evolved and Mark Z is trying to take the glory. but sometimes we just have to believe even if we did not see dont we? but why is the story of God so touchy I get your message Mr Lucifer thats why its a "mystery" we can argue all day and we would both still be right.

sonOfLucifer:

We don't believe Facebook was made by man. We know Facebook was created by a college kid named Mark Zuckerberh and his friends. If you want to meet him, you know where to find him. Having or not having a Facebook account doesn't stop you from socializing with friends on other networks. Facebook has official pages via which we can contact them for enquiries or information regarding their platform. Facebook regularly updates and informs each user about what updates were made and what new features were added. You can quit Facebook without losing your internet.

I hope you get the message.

I agree that nature is complex and mystery. Why create another 'mystery' to 'complex' the 'complex"? grin

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by TrajansKong: 4:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
BiafraBushBoy:
No Mind them OP...

An Ediot wakes up one morning and claims "free thinking"...

As if his brain has brought any useful thing to us in Nigeria...

Some people needs to be flogged and preached to!!
Yes! Flog them, and then burn them alive and send them to hell for the fire forever.
God is good o!

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Richirich713: 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Yes flog, rape them Nd burn them, hell what's wrong about that?

I mean we atheists have no moral foundation, so there's nothing truly wrong about rape, murder, stealing, etc. Stalin wasn't truly wrong, it's survival of the fittest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by UyiIredia(m): 7:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
finofaya:

If you have information you would have used it in the OP.

Your Facebook analogy misses the mark entirely. The point it addresses does not even favour you, since I can equally ask you how God could have came into being in a different manner from Facebook. Tell me, if you believe that Facebook did not evolve but was created, how can you believe that God was not created but evolved? Are you trying to say that something can come from nothing? The mistake you're making is thinking that the problem of how anything came into existence can be explained away by calling on God.

Arguing for the existence of God on the ground that anything which exists must have been created by God is a self defeating argument, since God is also a thing which exists and must therefore have been created by God. It also begs the question; why must anything which exists be created by God? The answer to that question is also self defeating, as sonofLucifer has explained.

That matter of words and opposites in your OP is a joke. I hope you don't take it seriously.

So you now have a rough idea of where to start from next time you want to address the concerns of atheists

How many times must theists explain that God is self-existent and as the first cause requires no explanation for his existence. The weakest argument one can bring is that God's existence requires explaining. By definition, God requires no explanation.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 29, 2016
Richirich713:

I mean we atheists have no moral foundation,
Boko Haram. The Catholic Church. Nigerians. Try again bro.

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Richirich713: 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Boko Haram. The Catholic Church. Nigerians. Try again bro.

Still no moral foundation. Try again
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 7:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
Richirich713:

Still no moral foundation. Try again
Rich in ignorance, deliberate?

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Richirich713: 7:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Rich in ignorance, deliberate?

Rich in denial, seriously?
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 7:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
Richirich713:

Rich in denial, seriously?
Poor rebuttal, obviously..
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Richirich713: 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Poor rebuttal, obviously..

Poor rebuttals , try again
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 29, 2016
Richirich713:

Poor rebuttals , try again
No need to rebut. God stops you from raping and maiming people. I'm happy with that.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by ValentineMary(m): 8:44pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kaykaymil:
It was asked in the last Jamb and I swear everybody failed it, why because it is a mystery its like you asking me who created "gravity"? .
Gravity is being "created" by mass. That is why d higher d mass, the more d gravitational pull. So my dear intelligent theist go back to d qus and answer WHO MADE GOD?

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by ValentineMary(m): 8:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

How many times must theists explain that God is self-existent and as the first cause requires no explanation for his existence. The weakest argument one can bring is that God's existence requires explaining. By definition, God requires no explanation.

So tell me wise one why can't u believe in an auto made universe if u can believe d bolded

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by finofaya: 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
UyiIredia:

A self existent thing should be the explanation for its own existence. Such a thing does require explanation, with the qualification that it should explain itself. It is not explained by any other thing. If you say God is self existent and requires no explanation then you don't have a concrete grasp of the concept of self existence. There are in fact many explanations for a self existent God and they are rejected by atheists.

When you say that God is self existent you are making two claims; that there is something which is self existent and that this thing is a deity. The latter does not follow from the former so it is hardly an open and shut matter to say that God is self existent.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 8:37am On Mar 30, 2016
Who created mass and invented gravitational pull, I need more enlightenment Miss physicist? Indulge me in your vast knowledge of mystery understanding.
ValentineMary:

Gravity is being "created" by mass. That is why d higher d mass, the more d gravitational pull. So my dear intelligent theist go back to d qus and answer WHO MADE GOD?
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by ValentineMary(m): 10:09am On Mar 30, 2016
Kaykaymil:
Who created mass and invented gravitational pull, I need more enlightenment Miss physicist? Indulge me in your vast knowledge of mystery understanding.
Your parents told u to listen during ur science lessons for a reason. Mass is just condensed energy. After the big bang, the high amount of energy condensed to matter (this is just a summary) and gravity is d curvature in space time we fell. It is a whole complex stuff which I doubt u would understand if I go into details now.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Weah96: 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
finofaya:

A self existent thing should be the explanation for its own existence. Such a thing does require explanation, with the qualification that it should explain itself. It is not explained by any other thing. If you say God is self existent and requires no explanation then you don't have a concrete grasp of the concept of self existence. There are in fact many explanations for a self existent God and they are rejected by atheists.

When you say that God is self existent you are making two claims; that there is something which is self existent and that this thing is a deity. The latter does not follow from the former so it is hardly an open and shut matter to say that God is self existent.

Your arguments are too strong for him.

4 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by Kaykaymil(m): 6:57am On Mar 31, 2016
I guess your parents forgot to tell You to listen In Christian Religious Study classes because If You can believe in Big Bang theory and doubt the existence of God I have to rest my case.
ValentineMary:

Your parents told u to listen during ur science lessons for a reason. Mass is just condensed energy. After the big bang, the high amount of energy condensed to matter (this is just a summary) and gravity is d curvature in space time we fell. It is a whole complex stuff which I doubt u would understand if I go into details now.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by jayriginal: 8:38am On Mar 31, 2016
UyiIredia:

By definition, God requires no explanation.

Flowing from the above, anything can be defined into existence and be exempted from explanation.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by UyiIredia(m): 9:35am On Mar 31, 2016
jayriginal:

Flowing from the above, anything can be defined into existence and be exempted from explanation.

Not so. God's position is a solution to the uniques question of a cause for the universe.
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2016
God is eternal- no beginning , no end
Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by jayriginal: 9:53am On Mar 31, 2016
UyiIredia:

Not so. God's position is a solution to the uniques question of a cause for the universe.

We are saying the same thing. For any insurmountable problem, just define the solution into existence.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 11:01am On Mar 31, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

No need to rebut. God stops you from raping and maiming people. I'm happy with that.

I am always scared of people who do not find any need for a moral and ethical behaviour towards other humans unless they are being threatened by some freaky monster with a burning torture chamber to be moral.

Always be scared and suspicious of such person because such person have no moral compass, idea or position of his/her own but needs to be controlled by something else, cannot think for himself.

Morality is the product of a society, so everybody in a society has an obligation towards one another for the well being of the society and continuation.

I shudder in fear when i see people talk like that, cus he has shown without the idea of a torture hungry god, he would be maiming and causing havoc on the society.

I murder, steal, rape as much as i want and the much is 0

Somehow he is right we have no morality and that morality i am referring to is one roped in the ideas of his religious doctrines.

I have sex with any consenting adult i want and fuc_k what his religion thinks.

I do not go to church and that is an immoral act according to his religion.

Maybe those are the morals atheists don't have.

What i find moral is actions towards others and that is all..

If people cannot find reasons to be good to others unless threatened to do so then humanity is a sorry lot indeed.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reasons Why Atheist Are Confused People by johnydon22(m): 11:03am On Mar 31, 2016
Richirich713:
Yes flog, rape them Nd burn them, hell what's wrong about that?

I mean we atheists have no moral foundation, so there's nothing truly wrong about rape, murder, stealing, etc. Stalin wasn't truly wrong, it's survival of the fittest.

Of course i do all these things. I murder, rape and steal as much as i want and the much i want is zero (0)

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin's Wife, Anthonia Reveals Plans For Her N30m Gift / Do You Think Juju Only Effects Africans? / The Wisdom Of Allah's Law Of Retribution (A Bad copy Of the Law Of Moses)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.