Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? (2173 Views)

Stop Being Addicted To Your Phone By Doing This / Guys I Just Landed Myself An Iphone Doing This / Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 29, 2016
My appeal to the mods is to move this to the fp so that it can be sorted out ASAP.

On saturday, 26th March 2016, at around 2pm, I ordered for a Tecno J7 boom on parktel online for 24,500 plus 2000 for delivery which makes it 26,500 total. I made the payment in full through interswitch using my visa debit card. I stay in Owerri. There website stated that they deliver within 4 hours for orders made within Lagos and Abuja if it was made before 2:30pm. Orders made from other locations will be delivered within 36hrs. On monday, 28th, I called there Customer care line(the number for placing orders) and a female agent replied.

I told her about what I ordered and when I should expect it. Her reply was "Tecno J7 is no longer in the market" "have you paid?"
I said "yes, through interswitch"
and she replied "HMMM...we're not working today. But I'll check tomorrow(Tuesday)"
cuts.

Before I make any online purchase, I make sure I read their privacy policy, T&C's, etc. Theirs(Parktel) stated that they are not liable for any misinformation of any sort on their site and shall refund any payments made if a Customer orders for an item that is no longer in stock or whose price has changed.

This morning I have tried several times to reach them but they are not picking my calls. They have not also called to to notify me that my order is out of stock so we could change the order or they refund me. Does it mean that If I did not called to ask for when my order would be delivered I would be left in the dark until I deem it fit to call and inquire? 26,500 ain't little for a student. Its big money.

Is it that Parktel have poor Customer service, or they are scammers? Those that have transacted with them before should shed more light please. I'm getting fed up and I'm running out of options.

Advice please.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by MelodiousCity(m): 10:14am On Mar 29, 2016
zeemahn:
My apeal to the mods is to move this to the fp so that it can be sorted out ASAP.

On saturday, 26th March 2015, at around 2pm, I ordered for a Tecno J7 boom on parktel online for 24,500 plus 2000 for delivery which makes it 26,500 total. I made the payment in full through interswitch using my visa debit card. I stay in Owerri. There website stated that they deliver whithin 4 hours for orders made whithin Lagos and Abuja if it was made before 2:30pm. Orders made frim other locations will be delivered whithin 36hrs. On monday, 28th, I called there Customer care line(the number for placing orders) and a female agent replied.

I told her about what I ordered and when I should expect it. Her reply was "Tecno J7 is no longer in the market" "have you paid?"
I said "yes, through interswitch"
and she replied "HMMM...we're not working today. But I'll check tomorrow(Tuesday)"
cuts.

Before I make any online purchase, I make sure I read their privacy policy, T&C's, etc. Theirs(Parktel) stated that they are not liable for any misinformation of any sort on thier site and shall refund any payments made if a Customer orders for an item that is no longer in stock or whose price has changed.

This morning I have tried several times to reach them but they are not picking my calls. They have not also called to to notify me that my order is out of stock so we could change the order or they refund me. Does it mean that If I did not called to ask for when my order would be delivered I would be left in the dark until I deem it fit to call and enquire? 26,500 ain't little for a student. Its big money.

Is it that Parktel have poor Customer service, or they are scammers? Those that have transacted with them before should shed more light please. I'm getting fed up and I'm running out of options.

Advice please.

Nigerians like complicating their selves, so you didn't not see konga, jumia or phone stores in your city to buy from, it's park well or whatever we have not heard before nor come across on the net you decided to buy from? my brother you are OYO
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by LOVEGINO(m): 10:16am On Mar 29, 2016
My dear brother, the best way to shop online in naija is PAY ON DELIVERY. Shikenan

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Patented: 10:39am On Mar 29, 2016
Exactly, Pay on Delivery always. I recently bought the Droipad 7c pro from parktel at a price far below what Jumia and Konga are offering but i paid on delivery and had no problems.
LOVEGINO:
My dear brother, the best way to shop online in naija is PAY ON DELIVERY. Shikenan

1 Like

Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 10:43am On Mar 29, 2016
MelodiousCity:

Nigerians like complicating their selves, so you didn't not see konga, jumia or phone stores in your city to buy from, it's park well or whatever we have not heard before nor come across on the net you decided to buy from? my brother you are OYO

they had favourable online reviews, faster delivery time and cheaper phones.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by MelodiousCity(m): 10:45am On Mar 29, 2016
zeemahn:

they had favourable online reviews, faster delivery time and cheaper phones.

what happened to cell phone stores near you online shopping in Nigeria is at your own risk policy.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 10:59am On Mar 29, 2016
MelodiousCity:

what happened to cell phone stores near you online shopping in Nigeria is at your own risk policy.

I couldn't afford d phones in my area. It was cheaper on parktel
got it? J7 in my area cost about 30k. on parktel it was 26k5 with the delivery price
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Babalegba(m): 11:02am On Mar 29, 2016
The date of purchase does not appear to be correct. Have you waited over a year for delivery
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 11:14am On Mar 29, 2016
Babalegba:
The date of purchase does not appear to be correct. Have you waited over a year for delivery

thanks for pointing that out. I've modified my post.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 29, 2016
I don't know much about that particular online seller but when next you want to buy online, read reviews, ask question before even paying for an online services you are not sure of. My advice, Call their customer service center number again and explain, if they still claim your order is not currently available, then tell them to refund your money.

Konga, Jumia and Yudala is dir looking at you; why did you place an order on Parktel?
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Op, I don't think there is cause for alarm, at least not yet. Cmon u ordered for a product on Saturday and on Monday u are already complaining. Even if they promised 36hrs delivery, u got to give room for delays especially giving the fact that u ordered on weekend with easter holidays. U ordered from a store still in its infancy this kind of things are bound to happen. Even world class stores like Amazon do delay orders sometimes. I think u should give them like one more day or 2. Since u called and they said they do not have the phone in stock, they are probably trying to get stock, also price might have been more than what u paid for so they are probably trying to get the one with good deal. They should have removed the phone from their online store since they don't have stock.

Chiillax, it is one of the things we online shoppers face. I have ordered something from jumia that took 9 days before it was delivered. I have ordered from aliexpress and after paying they told me they don't have stock. I had to wait 8 days before they had stock and another 1 week to get my order. Its not a new thing bro.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by mosjames: 1:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Anytime i see 'Enter the last 4 digits of your card here' i press the back button ASAP.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
OK...they finally picked my call and told me that My money will be refunded after 3-4 days after payment has been confirmed since they don't have the product that I ordered. Thanks for your responses, I'll keep y'all updated.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
greenhulk:
Op, I don't think there is cause for alarm, at least not yet. Cmon u ordered for a product on Saturday and on Monday u are already complaining. Even if they promised 36hrs delivery, u got to give room for delays especially giving the fact that u ordered on weekend with easter holidays. U ordered from a store still in its infancy this kind of things are bound to happen. Even world class stores like Amazon do delay orders sometimes. I think u should give them like one more day or 2. Since u called and they said they do not have the phone in stock, they are probably trying to get stock, also price might have been more than what u paid for so they are probably trying to get the one with good deal. They should have removed the phone from their online store since they don't have stock.

Chiillax, it is one of the things we online shoppers face. I have ordered something from jumia that took 9 days before it was delivered. I have ordered from aliexpress and after paying they told me they don't have stock. I had to wait 8 days before they had stock and another 1 week to get my order. Its not a new thing bro.

thanks bruh. Best response so far. I'll be a bit patient and also keep you updated.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Mar 29, 2016
zeemahn:

thanks bruh. Best response so far. I'll be a bit patient and also keep you updated.

Cheers. Just keep us updated.
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 01, 2016
Update!

Its been 4 days(counting from Tuesday) since the Parktel Customer care assured me that the payment I made to them will be processed and refunded. Nothing has happenned yet. I will wait through the weekend and call them on Monday. I hope I will come out fine after all these.
zeemahn:
OK...they finally picked my call and told me that My money will be refunded after 3-4 days after payment has been confirmed since they don't have the product that I ordered. Thanks for your responses, I'll keep y'all updated.
Update!

Its been 4 days(counting from Tuesday) since the Parktel Customer care assured me that the payment I made to them will be processed and refunded. Nothing has happenned yet. I will wait through the weekend and call them on Monday. I hope I will come out fine after all these.

cc: greenhulk
Re: Why Is Parktel Online Doing This To Me? by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 02, 2016
zeemahn:
Update!

Its been 4 days(counting from Tuesday) since the Parktel Customer care assured me that the payment I made to them will be processed and refunded. Nothing has happenned yet. I will wait through the weekend and call them on Monday. I hope I will come out fine after all these. Update!

cc: greenhulk

Now that's taking too long. All these Nigerian company self na until person para for them before dem do normal. Anyway just give them this week, by Monday if they haven't refunded u then they are asking for another thing.

(1) (Reply)

My Experience While Using Airtel Night Plan / Do You Own An Android Phone? See What Maybe Happening To You Unknowingly / I Want To Buy This Phone.advice Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.