Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,280 members, 7,807,939 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today (165798 Views)

Top 19 Lucrative Business You Can Start In Nigeria With Less Money / What Type Of Lucrative Business Can One Start With #500,000 / Check The 101 List Of Lucrative Businesses You Can Do. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 1:47am On Jul 27, 2009
HELLO TO MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS

MY NAME IS OLUSANMI, I AM IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING BACK TO NIGERIA AFTER 10 YEARS WORKING OUTSIDE NIGERIA AS A PROGRAMMER. I HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE IN LAGOS NIGERIA, COUPLE OF CARS, FUNDS AVAILABLE AND ALSO KNOW FEW PEOPLE WITH THE RIGHT CONNECTIONS, BUT I AM VERY MUCH SCARED AND CONFUSE ABOUT WHAT KIND OF BUSINESS IN NIGERIA IS RIGHT FOR ME.

I DO NOT PLAN TO WORK FOR ANYBODY OR TO WORK AS A PROGRAMMER. I AM VERY FLEXIBLE, VERSATILE AND VERY MUCH OPEN TO ANYTHING ELSE, AS LONG AS IT IS LEGAL.
I AM DESPERATE AND NEED TO COME UP WITH AN ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I WILL APPRECIATE ANY ADVISE THAT I CAN GET FROM YOU GUYS, PLEASE NOTE THAT EVERY SINGLE POST ON THIS TOPIC IS PRICELESS TO ME.

THANKS.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by franel79(m): 5:23am On Jul 27, 2009
You said you have funds available. If this is correct get yourself a stock manager and invest in stocks (bonds to be precise)
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by funso77(m): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2009
Hi Sanmi,

read your post on nairaland and am interested in doing business with you legitimately. I have been pondering over a mini club/bar business plan with ideas in place and already conducted my feasibility study and assets to be purchased but i need a financier to help put me on on operation. if you are interested you can call me on 08087187930 or send me an e-mail at ayoosuntokun@yahoo.com to discuss in details and on one-on-one. anticipating your immediate response.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by great107: 2:08pm On Jul 27, 2009
i will advice you that you must start something that every one out there are in need, and what am i talking about, so simple, have u had about laptop, i know you must have, that means you are in more money, just venture in to this business i mean it, i can hold by hand and show details, because i am laptop engineer and i trained people how to repair laptop, if you want to know more pls, call 07033861791
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by Depilot(m): 2:14pm On Jul 27, 2009
@Sanmi:
2 key points for you:

1. Be very careful of 419.
In Nigeria today many 419ers prefer to pick on fresh blood journey just come like yourself. I'm not saying everyone is 419 and out there to get you, I'm just advising you to be smart and watch out.

2. The best way to discover a lucrative business in Nigeria that is also compatible to your life-style is to come on down and taste the water. Give yourself up to 5 months to really understand the system. If you don't take time out to first understand the system, you will be a lost soul for a very long time.

For someone who has been gone for 10 years and doesn't want to work for anybody, here are some business ideas:
1. Gas and Oil
2. Importing goods from China
3. Importing cars and trucks
4. Importing car and truck parts
5. Getting all kinds of Contract work (construction, information technology, commercial maintenance etc)
6. Bar and restaurant
7. Farming
8. Tent and chair rental

I hope this helps.

12 Likes

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by hedgesfun(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2009
Hello Mr Sanmi,
From what you say if I read correctly, you have no single problem yes you don't want to work as a programmer fine but there are still other closely related business you can do that doesn't necessarily have to be programming businesses such as ISP, consultancy in technology in business etc also you claimed you have some friends who have the right connections, then what else do you want why not use your connections to get supply contracts to companies and organizations and you can be ret assured you are readily on your feet since you have the money and the cars to show, you can start to supply petroleum products or other such office equipments, safety equipments raw materials etc to such organizations with your connections all you just have to do is to just do some due diligent enquiries about the business you wanna go into and then since the funds is available, the connection is there and you have cars which is what people look before they give you contract, then you are on.
However if you are not interested in those ones then you can contact me for more personal businesses I have with adequate studies on them but mind you I don't like to issue them out but if we discuss and I see you are trustworthy, then we can reach an agreement on them.

1 Like

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by ifyalways(f): 4:51pm On Jul 27, 2009
@Poster,take your time to go through the different threads here at Nairaland Business and money section,you can push it further to the fashion,computers and phone section . . . .I'm sure you would come out with positive ideas when you are done.
note:DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ANYONE YOU MEET ONLINE,BE VERY CAREFUL OF GET RICH QUICK VENTURES AND IF ITS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE,BROS ITS SIMPLE NOT TRUE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 1:17am On Jul 28, 2009
I THANK YOU ALL FOR POSTING GREAT REPLIES.

@franel79
WHAT KIND OF BOND CAN ONE BUY IN NIGERIA?

@funso77
I'LL LOVE TO PARTNER WITH SOMEONE, BUT AT THIS POINT I'M NOT SURE IF THIS IS THE RIGHT IDEA. BUT I DO APPRECIATE YOUR RECOMMENDATION.

@great107
GETTING INVOLVED IN LAPTOP BUSINESS SOUNDS LIKE A BRIGHT IDEA. BUT WHERE CAN I GET MY SUPPLIERS FROM (CHINA OR UNITED STATES) AND WHAT MARKET SHOULD I BE TARGETTING, (COMMERCIAL, GOVERNMENT OR INDIVIDUAL BUYERS)?

@Depilot
I APPRECIATE YOUR GREAT ADVICE.
YOU HAVE LISTED FARMING, ARE YOU REFERRING TO FISH FARM? IF SO, COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION ON HOW EXACTLY I CAN GET STARTED? WHERE IS A GREAT LOCATION TO SETUP THIS TYPE OF FARM? WHERE CAN I GET CUSTOMERS FROM?
YOU ALSO LISTED GAS AND OIL. THIS ALSO SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. COULD YOU PLEASE SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO GET STARTED. WHERE CAN I GET CUSTOMERS FROM AND HOW CAN I GET SUPPLIERS?

@hedgesfun
YOU MENTIONED OFFICE SUPPLY, OFFICE EQUIPMENT AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT. COULD YOU PLEASE LIST EXAMPLES FOR EACH CATEGORY? 

@ifyalways
I APPRECIATE YOUR POST. THANKS FOR YOUR GREAT ADVICE.

@Thethy
THE SITE IS VERY INTERESTING, I PLAN TO SPEND MORE TIME STUDING THE CONTENT. THANKS

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR TIME. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET THAT EVERY SINGLE POST IS PRICELESS TO ME. MORE BLESSING TO ALL.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by Depilot(m): 2:27pm On Jul 28, 2009
@Depilot
I APPRECIATE YOUR GREAT ADVICE.
YOU HAVE LISTED FARMING, ARE YOU REFERRING TO FISH FARM? IF SO, COULD YOU PLEASE GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION ON HOW EXACTLY I CAN GET STARTED? WHERE IS A GREAT LOCATION TO SETUP THIS TYPE OF FARM? WHERE CAN I GET CUSTOMERS FROM?
YOU ALSO LISTED GAS AND OIL. THIS ALSO SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING. COULD YOU PLEASE SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS STEP BY STEP ON HOW TO GET STARTED. WHERE CAN I GET CUSTOMERS FROM AND HOW CAN I GET SUPPLIERS?

Sanmi:
I will be honest with you, I do not know much about fish farm business in Nigeria, but I was told by many Nigerians that the business is very lucrative and it requires less to get started.
Once you get yourself a nice location and with money in the pocket, I think the rest will come together gradually.
Getting customers shouldn't be that difficult, Nigerians will patronize your business if the quality of what you're selling is high and the price is not too expensive.
Getting a location depends on where you reside in Nigeria, I heard that Jos is not a bad area in the north and Ogun state (very close to Lagos) is another great area for this type of business.

I can get you more info on Oil and Gas business through a third party (my brother) for free. Just post your email address or send me a good email address and you will hear from me.

Good luck, my brother.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by skfa1: 2:44pm On Jul 28, 2009
@ Poster

The fish farming that was mentioned above is really booming in Nigeria. For example my friends dad has this type of business and they making it from there, and also using the money to sponsor my friend in schl in the uk

Secondly my sister in Nigeria studied BSc Agric and Econs, she is serving in Jos now, so she saw the business booming in Jos where she is serving and started one in our state(Ondo state,AK city). She got big fishes now and she is making money.

Thirdly I know a man right from when I was a kid, he is a millionaire for a long time now, he does this same fish business in Nigeria.

There is another business like, contracting with MTN to be generating MTN numbers or selling cards. You can be a distributor if u have the money. Calling credit business is quite good cause everybody uses air time everyday.

@ Depilot

Lets share everything here, pls no usage of mail.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by Toks2008(m): 9:56pm On Jul 28, 2009
Hi Poster,

I'm Mr Olatokunbo, a business consultant and an entrepreneur.

Over the years, i have come to understand that investing in a business is not just about the money in your hands but its all about investing in a viable business that people can not help but patronize.

There are basically four sectors that fall into this category and they are: Food,Energy.communication and transportation.

I would recommend Food or communication as they are less cumbersome to start. There are also some service oriented businesses that are very important to the populace.

You don't have to partner with anyone. If you have up to a million, i can guide you through the setting up of a standard iceblock making venture that will yield you not less than 5 to 10k daily. or a standard tokunbo phones and accessories marketing/repairs

Just send a mail to my messenger adress which u will find in ,y profile section so i can take you by the hands into setting up a viable and profitable business.

N.B: This is to some nairalanders who mail me for business ideas and develop a cold feet when asked to pay a token. I do not run a charity service. This is one of my vocations and it is what put food on my table so please if you are the type that wants to get life changing info free of charge then try somewhere else.

Many people contact me for recharge cards printing and i tell them point blank that its a no go area explaining in details how i lost over 500k in the business and they appreciated my advice. I did not ask them for a dime since i know there is no prospect in that sector except you want to do it really big investing millions.

So when i charge you for a fee, know for sure that i will not disappoint you.

Thanks

Toks
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 2:33am On Aug 06, 2009
Hello friends:

Can someone please recommend an institution in UK or USA that gives oil and gas industry training?
I was told by family and friends that you can not do wrong by getting involved in oil and gas business in Nigeria.

I have couple of connections in Nigeria that can make this possible, but I know nothing about oil and gas. I think it is important to know something about this business before diving into it.

Please help, your response will be greatly appreciated.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by cvibe: 6:01am On Aug 06, 2009
@ Sanmi,

Don't mix things up in your desperation. It is not about the business that is right for you.

IT IS THE PASSION IN YOU FOR THE BUSINESS YOU WANT TO START. ARE YOU FIRED UP?

Passion is the flame that keeps you going despite all odds against the business. It is what makes your baby grow from strength to strength. Without passion for your bussiness you will give up easily if things are not going as you plan.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2009
I clearly understand this fact and I also thank you.

Is these anyone with any info on an institution in UK or USA that gives oil and gas industry training?
Your recommendation will be greatly appreciated.

Sanmi.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by Akesan: 2:17pm On Aug 06, 2009
Oil & Gas training you are asking for is too ambigious. What exactly are you looking for? Is it Technical, commercial, consulting, upstream or downstream, etc? Any of these is so wide an area that you just have to be more specific.

If you make your search on google, just type the words as have it in your mind on google search and I'm sure you will be guided.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by donsilas(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2009
Hello Poster!

The best thing that can ever happen to any young person is being an Entrepreneur - one that has a business.

The economic meltdown in the world is also affecting us. People are spending less on luxury and buying products/services or patronising brands that meet their basic needs.

In a couple of years from now, given the economic realities of life, businesses that will survive are businesses that meet the BASIC NEEDS of its target customers!

I do not intend divulging an idea i'm working on in this thread. I am always online btw 0700hrs GMT to 1600hrs GMT. Add me on your yahoo contacts and lets chat. My email is silas2000ks@yahoo.com
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by hedgesfun(m): 7:22pm On Aug 06, 2009
Mr Sammi,

By Office supplies I mean office utencils like writing pads, banded jotter, office pins and other related stuffs

By office equipments I mean computers, printers, copiers, fax and other related stuffs

By Safety equipments I mean workers uniforms, safety boots, safety helmets, raincoats, reflective jackets etc.

1 Like

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 12:50am On Aug 07, 2009
Mr Sammi,

By Office supplies I mean office utencils like writing pads, banded jotter, office pins and other related stuffs

By office equipments I mean computers, printers, copiers, fax and other related stuffs

By Safety equipments I mean workers uniforms, safety boots, safety helmets, raincoats, reflective jackets etc.
My man, this is a great idea. As my people say: one way doesn't enter market, there are many ways Translation: If you have the ability and resources, there is nothing better than multitasking (multiple businesses multiple blessing)
I will definitely look into this great idea.
Could you please be kind enough to list where I can get all these stuffs, someone said China is the best spot.

I will be looking for your post.

Thanks and more blessing to you.

Olusanmi.

1 Like

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by Depilot(m): 9:13pm On Aug 09, 2009
Sanmi:
If you have the money and the right connections, you can not do wrong by getting these stuffs from China. I also agree that one has to mix things up in Nigeria to be a successful business owner.
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by benalways(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2009
@Sanmi,
If you have interest in oil and gas, i could guide you thru. The sector is so big like someone mentioned earlier.We have the upstream and downstream sector.Upstream has to do with exploration and production which has the major international oil companies involved in joint venture with our national oil company. While the downstream deals with distribution of the finished products. I knw what it takes to get registered or licensed in nigeria to start business in the oil and gas sector but u have to know which area interests you.Am already experienced in the area of contract procurement which has to do with procurement of oilfield engineering equipment from original equipment manufacturers in europe and america and supplying to the oil majors who are into production.If you need further info on this area i could be of help.
Rgds
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 3:09pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Sanmi,
If you have interest in oil and gas, i could guide you thru. The sector is so big like someone mentioned earlier.We have the upstream and downstream sector.Upstream has to do with exploration and production which has the major international oil companies involved in joint venture with our national oil company. While the downstream deals with distribution of the finished products. I knw what it takes to get registered or licensed in nigeria to start business in the oil and gas sector but u have to know which area interests you.Am already experienced in the area of contract procurement which has to do with procurement of oilfield engineering equipment from original equipment manufacturers in europe and america and supplying to the oil majors who are into production.If you need further info on this area i could be of help.
Rgds
I'm looking into getting involved with the downstream sector, which involves distribution of the finished products. I will also appreciate any recommendation of downstream sector training in UK or USA.
@benalways: I will be looking out for your reply.

Thanks.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by oluseyi3: 6:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
hi, make sure you do your calculation very well before u spend a penny carrying out your plans. I was in the same situation some months ago. I started building hotel.  I miscalculated because i spent too much money on Land property. Now it's more or less like an abandoned project, i have to come back to Switzerland to do some dirty shit jobs i thought of never going back to do  to raise money to complete my project, if you come out with better ideas, I'm interested as well, tired of serving this people here.  good luck! seyi
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by benalways(m): 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2009
@Sanmi
Am sorry i might not be able to give you much advice as regards downstream sector as am only experienced in the upstream sector. Nevertheless, a rough sketch of downstream is about redistribution which will invlolve getting products from the depots and delivering to clients at a profit.Or importing products from overs and reselling here at a profit. In the first case you can use a registered business while the later will involve been a limited liabilility coy.
Also, be informed that redistribution of pdts does not involve much technical knowlegde as you think. It is as ordinary as buying pdts from the depot at a given price and adding some profit to sell to your client. But large scale importation of pdt will require import knowledge and storage management. Thou storage management can be handled by leasing already available facility. I really cant help with recommending any school for acquiring knowledge.
Rgds.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 2:23pm On Aug 11, 2009
@benalways, first, I will like to thank you and others for educating me on these new business ventures. May God bless each and everyone of you.

On your last post, you indicated that looking for downstream training is unnecessary because redistribution of finished products does not involve much technical knowledge, you also stated that all it takes to get going is getting products from the depots and delivering to clients at a profit.
Now, my questions are:
1. What are the requirements to register the business in Lagos or Abuja?
2. How can I connect with the depots?
3. Is there any brand names (eg shell, total or conoil) involvement when selecting a depot?
4. How or where can I get my clients from?
5. Finally, if I'm starting this business next week, what exactly do I need? (please list these things).

I also understand that you do not know much about downstream sector, but whatever info you can give will be appreciated. I will also appreciate others input as well.

Thanks,

Olusanmi.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
@olu-seyi, I agree with you. This is why I'm doing all the research I can do before diving into anything. But so far so good, it is unbelievable to know how much one can get from connecting with people on this forum.

I thank you for your advice and good luck with everything.

1 Like

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by KunleA2(m): 7:17pm On Aug 11, 2009
olu-seyi:

hi, make sure you do your calculation very well before u spend a penny carrying out your plans. I was in the same situation some months ago. I started building hotel.  I miscalculated because i spent too much money on Land property. Now it's more or less like an abandoned project, i have to come back to Switzerland to do some dirty shit jobs i thought of never going back to do  to raise money to complete my project, if you come out with better ideas, I'm interested as well, tired of serving this people here.  good luck! seyi

Good read. Everything shall be OK. You can always keep me/us posted via this forum how everything is going. Or can update me via: promise72@yahoo.com

Good luck in everything.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by benalways(m): 10:57pm On Aug 11, 2009
@Sanmi,
I will attempt your questions:
1. Registration of a business is done at the CAC and you have 2 options. You either register as a limited coy or register a business name. Pls check requirement at http://www.cac.gov.ng/Pages/Cacservices.htm.
2. We have so many depots and alot of them are around the apapa axis of lagos. Once you have your money and truck you go into any of them and negotiate the buying of products. You make payment into their accounts and once confirmed you qeue up with your truck to get loaded. Thou loading doesnt come easy as you have to grease elbows to get things moving fast(Nigerian factor),
3. There are brands invoved but not the ones you have mentioned. You can get pdts from coy like capital oil, zenon oil e.t.c
4. The market is large and if you are sincere you can use the loyalty factor to break even.You have private estates, factories, banks, telecom coy e.t.c who need pdts
5.a,You need a very good truck and your finance will determine the capacity to start with.
b,You need a very good driver with mechanical knowledge to handle some minors
c,You need a very hardworking guy who will double in many roles
d,You need a manager to co-ordinate the office
e,You need a marketer
Rgds

1 Like

Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by sanmi2000: 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2009
You have been great, more blessing to you, my man.
Please email me your email address.

Thanks for everything.
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by benalways(m): 9:51pm On Aug 12, 2009
@Sanmi,
You can check my profile for my messenger id and leave me ur email address offline.
Rgds,
Re: List Of Lucrative Businesses One Can Start In Nigeria Today by viazi: 3:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
Please Nigeria is tricky , however we render free Legal advice ohhhhhhh, let us advice u legally before u commit yr money to anything in Nigeria

contact

hybridsolicitor@yahoo.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Free Pick For Football Matches. Happy Earnings / 5 Legitimate Ways Nigerians Can Build Residual Income On The Internet / How To Make Serious Income Online With CPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.