Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. (1974 Views)

A Ferrari Collector Just Bought This Classic 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO For N25b / See The Car I Spotted At Apapa This Afternoon / Monster Car I Saw In Newcastle, United Kingdom Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by femmykenny: 12:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
Please I have an issue with the car I just purchase.
The number on the side mirror and glass is owned by the previous owner and it is different from the plate number that is currently on the car now.
I was just told by a friend that the difference in the number will cause problem if the police inspect my car.
What is the way forward, do I need to change the whole glass or other step to be taken.
Thanks
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by consultancy: 12:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
femmykenny:
Please I have an issue with the car I just purchase.
The number on the side mirror and glass is owned by the previous owner and it is different from the plate number that is currently on the car now.
I was just told by a friend that the difference in the number will cause problem if the police inspect my car.
What is the way forward, do I need to change the whole glass or other step to be taken.
Thanks
as long as u hav ur change of ownership,along with a police report, you aint got any issues

1 Like

Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by Melahou(m): 1:06pm On Mar 29, 2016
there is no issue with that
it maybe the old number plate before he got a new number plate

in as much as you have all your papers intact
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by 400billionman: 1:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Obtain a police report from a filling station.

Sorry, police station..
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by femmykenny: 4:34pm On Mar 29, 2016
Thank you all for your comments.
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by pattybf(f): 7:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
400billionman:
Obtain a police report from a filling station.

Sorry, police station..

why cldnt u edit instead of saying sorry?

@op, d engraved no, which is d old no, must have been indicated on d new vehicle docs; allocation n proof. so u ve no issues.
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by Lexusgs430: 11:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
pattybf:

why cldnt u edit instead of saying sorry?

@op, d engraved no, which is d old no, must have been indicated on d new vehicle docs; allocation n proof. so u ve no issues.

Because his reply was tongue n cheek!!!
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by femmykenny: 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
More comments will be appreciated.
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by billyG(m): 5:41pm On Apr 09, 2016
I hav nottice similar issue with d car am about 2 buy,but got d change of ownership & police report of d old no: frm d seller b4 i bought d car.
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by billyG(m): 5:43pm On Apr 09, 2016
I hav nottice similar issue with d car am about 2 buy,i pointout d problem b/c of d Devil we call police in 9jeria,but got d change of ownership & police report of d old no: frm d seller b4 i bought d car.
Re: HELP - I Have Issue With The Car I Just Bought. by femmykenny: 7:32am On May 19, 2016
I now have all the necessary document ( police report and court affidavit ) Anyone with similar issue should do the same.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Tacoma: How Strong Is It And Durability / How Do I Go About Finding This Stolen Corolla Vehicle? / I've Been Accussed And I Apologise! !! Please Join In The Birthday Giveaway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.