Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,507 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:09 PM

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating (32307 Views)

Egypt Vs Uruguay World Cup 2018: (0 - 1) - Full Time / Nigeria Vs Cameroon: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Cholls(m): 10:11pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:

Guess what? The last government had 2 Nations Cup misses (2012 and 2015). No government has ever had thtat record.

I don't believe these have anything to do with governments, but don't come here and make infantile inferences.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Mezuzah(m): 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2016
All those who hates Mikel Obi are just envious of his achievements. If we rate some of them in their area if at all they are not jobless, you will see ' empty tin that makes most noise' For your information Mikel won the young African footballer of the year twice. THE CUP WITH TWO BIG EYES - Champions League, Europa league, Four FA cups, Carlin Cup, Two EPL League cups , Capital one cups. AFRICA NATION CUP as the best player etc Now the Captain. Keep hating. Hatred sometimes is a catalyst to greatness that is why victims makes greater achievements than the pampered beings.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by HRich(m): 10:17pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:
Ladies ad gentlemen, it's official, there is fire on the mountain: Super Eagles failed to qualify for Nations Cup three times in 4 consecutive editions.

This is the same Nations Cup in which qualification was never our issue, the same Nations Cup that semi final (minimum) was our birthright.

Here we go again. Eagles faltered on big occasion.

Anyway, I still struggled to rate the players.

1. AKPEYI: Did well, especially in aerial balls, stopping a couple of goal-bound shots, but he could have done better in that goal, although he expected the defenders to be able to intercept that ball. But for that goal, had a good game. 5.5/10

2. ABDULLAHI: Not sure he is a Super Eagles material - at least yet. Didn't add much to the game. Faltered a couple of times. No sensible crosses or play with winger as expected of a full back. Alongside Ambrose, failed to intercept the ball that got into the net eventually. 3/10

3. AMUZIE: Again, struggled with Salah's speed. Also doesn't look like Super Eagles' material yet. 3/10

4. AMBROSE: Once again, failed to live to expectation as one that plays for a decent European club. Weak, defensively; poor link with midfield. 3/10

5. OBOABONA: Not seen much. Appeared to have lost confidence. Struggled with Egyptian forward. Poor clearing. 3/10

Imagine Nigeria rating of players,

Just because they lost the game

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by blezynetym(f): 10:18pm On Mar 29, 2016
Victor Moses and the keeper are the only super eagles there, others are super chicken. Siasia please drop Mikel. He is the worst among the super chicken
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Cholls(m): 10:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
Shortyy:
Whaaaaaat? * runs outta thread screaming
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by tall2ce(m): 10:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
please what was Aaron Samuel, Iwobi, Moses Simon doing on the bench and y were d eagles making backward passes for majority of 75minutes played and started making more forward passes in the last 15minutes, y wud eagles have their first shot around 78mins, someone Sia1 did not try for this second leg tie
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by oluwasegun007(m): 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
pls I need sunday olisehs address. ....he caused d damage beyond repair. ..

yeye guy...

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 10:27pm On Mar 29, 2016
Slimzjoe:

Jarus its Obvious You Hate Efe Ambrose Seriously.
What did he ever do to you? Beat you up in School?

Hate him for what? Because I'm his competitor?

Don't be petty.

Here is a 2013 rating, vs Burkina Faso, where I rated him 8/10.
https://www.nairaland.com/1192175/player-rating-nigeria-vs-burkina

I rate based on my observation, on match by match basis.

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by kakaG: 10:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:
12. IWOBI: Tried to bring bite to our attack when he came in. Tried through passes, but the recipients couldn't convert. He should be a little more daring himself. 5/10

13. ECHIEJILE: Came in early, but largely quiet. Looked rusty. Came in at a time we were attacking, and little defending to do. The Egyptians also stopped using the flanks and were using the central midfield to penetrate and banking on counter attack, so he wasn't call to test that much. 4/10

SIASIA: Not sure he has much blame, but we expected victory. I'm beginning to agree he's our best local coach. The players are letting us down, but it hardly has much to do with the coach. One thing: Siasia's team's trademark attack was seen in this game. I think he should be retained and given more time. 5/10

Nice rating.

However, I rather feel the boys did well except for the fact that the squad lacked technical backing. For God's sake didn't the technical crew study the Egyptians? How do you play Arial balls into the 18 yard box when they are taller than your stickers? How do you also play more of passes when the long legged opponents are sure to intercept your move? The technical crew should know better that our best chances of scoring would have been by shots at goal, that's all.

Let them just keep the present young, energetic and determined players together by playing more friendlies as they are sure to deliver some day.

Finally, in as it hurts us to hear this, we need a foreign experienced technical adviser.

2 Likes

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by edi287: 10:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
Etebo and aminu shouldn't have started. What happened to Onazi? Was he injured or something?
Time to focus on the Olympics and start building for 2019.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by FarukuWadata12(m): 10:45pm On Mar 29, 2016
so Egypt disgraced us again
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by suco01(m): 10:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
Your rating na rubbish, hw i wish we av 3 of moses in midfield to push for attack and striker like ighalo wud av seen chances on target and we wud av gotten smtin frm d match. Mikel is a gud midfielder bt not gud @ all in attack he likes sittin back which i dont like.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by vislabraye(m): 10:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:
12. IWOBI: Tried to bring bite to our attack when he came in. Tried through passes, but the recipients couldn't convert. He should be a little more daring himself. 5/10

13. ECHIEJILE: Came in early, but largely quiet. Looked rusty. Came in at a time we were attacking, and little defending to do. The Egyptians also stopped using the flanks and were using the central midfield to penetrate and banking on counter attack, so he wasn't call to test that much. 4/10

SIASIA: Not sure he has much blame, but we expected victory. I'm beginning to agree he's our best local coach. The players are letting us down, but it hardly has much to do with the coach. One thing: Siasia's team's trademark attack was seen in this game. I think he should be retained and given more time. 5/10

You dey mind the foolish NFF ? Why should Oliseh be given the job in the first place ? You give a rookie coach such responsibility and you think he will outdo the experienced ones
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by bouncesmail(m): 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2016
I[quote author=tunapawizzy post=44230787]Siasia is d major culprit here....watched musa waste away for good 90 minutes while iheanacho sat on d bench .......he didn't react early enuff....siasia was awful....

Well said , musa is just a bad player , he can't dribble or shoot, simple not gud enough
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by CORRECTMAN78(m): 11:00pm On Mar 29, 2016
darealsola:
plz, z 9ja out of the competition

YES, no remedy
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by sonyoung: 11:10pm On Mar 29, 2016
Nigeria self even with 3 Moses again again still did not defeat d Egyptians (Victor moses, ahmed MUSA and moses simeon)
It only took Israel jux one moses to show them pepper..lol
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by SirEurope(m): 11:12pm On Mar 29, 2016
Toluwarni:
Echiejele was very very useless, Moses deserves more than a 5, probably a 6.5, He was our only dangerous player. He made all the daring runs. I wonder why Iwobi wasn't started. And as for Ighalo, he shouldn't even think about leaving Watford, else he'll flop. Troy Deeney is helping him in Watford, Ighalo cannot perform as a lone striker, he needs a partner.

Please, what Zoo did those LB and RB crawl out from?
My dear no be foreign Zoo na Oba rojenny.......they were so annoying with that Umar of a thing....infact Siasia is the cause of everything....this is super eagles not u-23 team
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
Mezuzah:
All those who hates Mikel Obi are just envious of his achievements. If we rate some of them in their area if at all they are not jobless, you will see ' empty tin that makes most noise' For your information Mikel won the young African footballer of the year twice. THE CUP WITH TWO BIG EYES - Champions League, Europa league, Four FA cups, Carlin Cup, Two EPL League cups , Capital one cups. AFRICA NATION CUP as the best player etc Now the Captain. Keep hating. Hatred sometimes is a catalyst to greatness that is why victims makes greater achievements than the pampered beings.
Mikel's performance was outstanding. Don't mind the biased op
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by nkemjacob2(m): 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
Tins we have to observe in dis matches played. (1) We dont have a team. (2) NFF should let our coaches be. (3) keshi remains super eagles best coach for now. (4) NFF should stop politicing issues

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 11:28pm On Mar 29, 2016
blezynetym:
Victor Moses and the keeper are the only super eagles there, others are super chicken. Siasia please drop Mikel. He is the worst among the super chicken
you av no business watching football, the kitchen is ur place. If mikel with his super performance today is awful to you, I wonder what you know about football. Siasia's selection killed the game
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Drdonzeez(m): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2016
Kenzico:
Am Still Fuming with Our Players angry angry angry

Why do we lack so much Technical ability

We even get Porous defence
I doubt Mikel and co watch iniesta,busquet and rakitic play.Until Nigeria produces a midfielder with defence splitting passes, we have a long way to go.

Football is won in the midfield.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Naus(m): 11:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
Though its very sad we still cant make it to Afcon 2017 but i never expected less.

Egypt has always been difficult for us to defeat infact I cant remember the last time we defeated them not even in 1994 Afcon when we had the best team in Africa and in the same group with them,the result then was Nil-Nil but we eventually won the Cup.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by xest(m): 11:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:

young man u think u should go and rewatch the match. If u had been a football analyst,u wil mk a bad profession. In ur ratings,i rate u 2/10.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2016
Useless nd disappointing players. Disgraceful match..... Underwhelming performance.. No attacking threat all they can do is to pass the balls and make awful mistakes. And coach siasia stood there watching Musa nd Umar playing nonsense. And Ighalo wasting our chances when we have Iwobi nd Iheanacho even Moses simon is there buh, he kept Etebo that was playing like a clueless player. Bad selection poor sense of reasoning. The players know that without a win there they aint qualifying yet they refuse to attack when they have d chance... And wake up after conceding the goal, something that now seems common to the super eagles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by seyilabi(m): 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2016
Jarus:

God bless u Op for the last comment. Infact u've spoken my mind. Samson siasia is undoubtedly our best indigenous coach & should be retained. Cheers.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by tunapawizzy: 12:10am On Mar 30, 2016
Femeto:
Oga na back of T.V you watch.We only had 1 sub left after the Egypt goal.Iwobi was a better attacking option.Our defenders need to improve.
U can as well ignore if u don't understand my point
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by nonjebose(m): 12:17am On Mar 30, 2016
The selection was awful. When he invited players for the two legged matches, did he not realise that he needed to be specific in choosing his players right role for role? I watched oghenekaro at the u23 african youth tourney where he proved to be more of attacking player than a defensive one. Playing him alongside mikel was not a good idea. Leaving musa on for 90 mins! Ighalo playing the role of a 'benteke' upclose 9 for 90 mins! Not good enough
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by Nobody: 12:37am On Mar 30, 2016
Since Nigeria couldn't qualify for nation cup. Abeg next one let send biafra maybe they can qualify

1 Like

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by kobonaire(m): 1:26am On Mar 30, 2016
Baroba:
Nigeria has never had a good team since Okocha and friends left the scene..
No, I think they were pretty formidable in 2013 leading them to win AFCON that year.
Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by DOD1: 2:24am On Mar 30, 2016
Useless Igbo team all the time don't know if there are no good Yoruba players to be added to the team. It served them right as the absence of Oshaniwa cost them the victory in the first leg against Egypt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating by IamAtribalist: 3:22am On Mar 30, 2016
sonyoung:
Nigeria self even with 3 Moses again again still did not defeat d Egyptians (Victor moses, ahmed MUSA and moses simeon)
It only took Israel jux one moses to show them pepper..lol

cool Not funny and stale. cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen’s Family Leans Towards Al-hilal’s Record-deal / Dolores Aveiro Has Breast Cancer: Cristiano Ronaldo Mum ‘Fighting For Her Life’ / 10 Life Lessons From The Quarter Finals Of 2018 UEFA Champions League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.