Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

"Is Allah Like You?" - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Is Allah Like You?" (5885 Views)

Counter Thread To Misconceptions About Allah: Is Allah God? / Christians And Muslims, Pls What Is Allah's Name? / Who Is Allah? What Is The Origin Of Belief In Allah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Is Allah Like You?" by asalimpo(m): 11:25pm On Mar 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Touching. Really touching.
This is indeed a good question. Are the Muslims created in the image of allahh?
Cc: Empree. Scato, lexiconkabir, Deathstrook,

1 Like

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by Nobody: 5:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
analice107:
Touching. Really touching.
This is indeed a good question. Are the Muslims created in the image of allah?
Cc: Empree. S.cato, lexiconkabi.r, Deathstroo.k,
do you know what God Almighty look like?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 9:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
lexiconkabir:
do you know what God Almighty look like?
You don't?
Well, I don't know how allahh looks like, that's why I asked you, as for Yahweh, I know how he looks. When I look at my reflection in the mirrow, I see how my God looks like. He told me that I look like him, for he made me in his image.
He has all my features. He has eyes, mouth, ears, nose, head, feet, hands,
He has emotions, he laughs, gets angry. He gets happy. He loves. He is patient, he is kind, compassionate, etc.
How about allahh?

1 Like

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by Nobody: 6:22am On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:
does your god get scared too and regrets his actions?
analice107, I await your response to these questions.
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 7:12am On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:
analice107, I await your response to these questions.
Dont you think it will make more sense if you quote where Yahweh got scared?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:
does your god get scared too and regrets his actions?
You know? You are one of the very few muslims I respect in this NL, thats because I see you as level headed. That said. Kabir, when a question is posted to you, as a level headed person, you shouldn't leave what the discussion is about and deviate to something else.
Address the discourse.
You asked me if I know how my God looks like, and I said yes, do you know how yours looks like? But instead of addressing this, you jumped to my God being scared and changing His mind.
Kabir, Focus.

1 Like

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 02, 2016
analice107:

You know? You are one of the very few muslims I respect in this NL, thats because I see you as level headed.

interesting!
That said. Kabir, when a question is posted to you, as a level headed person, you shouldn't leave what the discussion is about and deviate to something else.

Nah, I didn't leave the discussion, I was on it!
Address the discourse.

that's what I'm doing
You asked me if I know how my God god looks like, and I said yes, do you know how yours looks like?

No one knows what my LORD looks like, and it is indeed a mercy unto us, because when musa(a.s) requested yo see Allah eyeball to eyeball, Allah asked him to look towards a mountain to see HIS reflection, if he(musa) can withstand his reflection, then he can see HIM(ALLAH) eyeball to eyeball, but what happened, after he looked at the mountain to see HIS(ALLAH) reflection, Musa(a.s) fainted, that being said no one can see my LORD. hrte is the word of Allah:
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

But instead of addressing this, you jumped to my God being scared and changing His mind.
Kabir, Focus.

I am addressing the issue, you said he had attributes of man, so I asked if he also gets scared or regrets on an issue, is that too much to ask?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 02, 2016
analice107:

Dont you think it will make more sense if you quote where Yahweh got scared?
you were the one that gave your god human attributes, so that's why I asked that question.

1 Like

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 10:03am On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:

interesting!

Nah, I didn't leave the discussion, I was on it!

that's what I'm doing

No one knows what my LORD looks like, and it is indeed a mercy unto us, because when musa(a.s) requested yo see Allah eyeball to eyeball, Allah asked him to look towards a mountain to see HIS reflection, if he(musa) can withstand his reflection, then he can see HIM(ALLAH) eyeball to eyeball, but what happened, after he looked at the mountain to see HIS(ALLAH) reflection, Musa(a.s) fainted, that being said no one can see my LORD. hrte is the word of Allah:
Say, "He is Allah , [who is] One, Allah , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

I am addressing the issue, you said he had attributes of man, so I asked if he also gets scared or regrets on an issue, is that too much to ask?
Now you have addressed the issue.
OK, but, I wonder why this your Musa's request to see Allah similar to the Biblical account of Moses requesting to see Yahweh. If you claim that these individuals are the same, why then is there no account of Allah writing out his commandments with His own hand to your Musa?
Why is he just a prophet to you muslims?

Where is the Law Musa received?

If Musa indeed is the same as Moses, why is there a need for Jibril ( I say Jibril, because there's no where is it written that it was Allah who dictated the Koran to Muhammed; again, the being who dictated the Koran didn't even introduce itself) to dictate the Koran which negates a lot of what Musa seemingly received from Allah?

Anyways, this discussion is not about seeing God with human eyes. God is a spirit so can't be observed with human physical eyes.
The discussion is centered on, whether, you as a Muslim looks like your God Allah. You then went on to ask if I know how the Almighty looks like, and I answered in the affirmative. How do I know? because, my God said I look like him. This led to me bringing out the attributes the Bible gives of God. I didn't give him the attributes, the Bible did. And from the mouth of Yahweh too, I hear Him talking about Himself using those attributes. Example: when He first encountered Moses, He said to him, in Exodus chapter 3:7-8.
And the LORD said, I have surely seen (He has to have eyes to see right?) the affliction if my people which are in Egypt, and have heard(He has to have ears to hear right?) their cry by reason of their taskmasrers; for i know their sorrows (He has to have a mind and consciousness and emotions to feel the pain of his people right?).

Kabir, I can go on and on. But, the question still remains, Are you 'Kabir', like Allah?

Does he hear you when you pray?

How do you know?

Has he ever spoken back to you when you speak to him?

What are the ways he has ever employed to communicate to you personally?

Yahweh through all the ages has continued to reveal himself to people. Speaks audibly to his people.
Jesus is even so obvious. People see him everyday, in dreams, in visions, some hear him audibly giving instructions, directions etc.
So, for the last time, my dearest Kabir, is Allah like you?

3 Likes

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 1:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir has been banned for 24hours, I wonder who reported me and why

analice107:

Now you have addressed the issue.
OK, but, I wonder why this your Musa's request to see Allah similar to the Biblical account of Moses requesting to see Yahweh. If you claim that these individuals are the same, why then is there no account of Allah writing out his commandments with His own hand to your Musa?

This is so because Allah the most gracious says:

"He has revealed to thee the Book with truth, verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Torah and the Gospel"

but as time went on, these scriptures were distorted which made Allah say:

"But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others)."

so on that account, you may see similarities, between the OT and the Quran, but we muslims dont believe entirely in the modern Torah or injeel, read this authentic saying of the prophet pbuh

"Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you"
I hope you now see why there are similarities?

Why is he just a prophet to you muslims?
what is he to Christians, god?

Where is the Law Musa received?
where else? mount Sinai of course

If Musa indeed is the same as Moses, why is there a need for Jibril ( I say Jibril, because there's no where is it written that it was Allah who dictated the Koran to Muhammed; again, the being who dictated the Koran didn't even introduce itself)
Are you sure jibril didn't introduced himself? read this authentic saying of the prophet related by at-tabari:

The Messenger of Allah said: "I have never abhorred anyone more than a poet or a mad man. I can not stand looking at either of them. I will never tell anyone of Quraish of my Revelation. I will climb a mountain and throw myself down and die. That will relieve me. I went to do that but halfway up the mountain, I heard a
voice from the sky saying ‘O Muhammad! You are the Messenger of Allah and I am Gabriel.’ I looked upwards and saw Gabriel in the form of a mputtinghis his legs on the horizon. He said: ‘O Muhammad You are the Messenger of Allah and I am Gabriel I stopped and looked at him. His sight distracted my attention from what I had intended to do. I stood in my place transfixed. I tried to shift my eyes away from him. He was in every direction I looked at. I stopped in my place without any movement until Khadijah sent someone to look for me. He went down to Mecca and came back while I was standing in the same place. Gabriel then left, and I went back home. I found Khadijah at home, so I sat very close to her. She asked: ‘Father of Al- Qasim! Where have you been? I sent someone to look for you. He went to Mecca and returned to me.’ I told her of what I had seen. She replied: ‘It is a propitious sign, O my husband. Pull yourself together, I swear by Allah that you are a Messenger for this nation.’ Then she stood up
and went to Waraqa and informed him. Waraqa said: ‘I swear by Allah that he has received the same Namus , i.e. angel that was sent to Moses. He is the Prophet of this nation. Tell him to be patient.’ She came back to him and told him of Waraqa’s words. When the Messenger of Allah finished his solitary stay and went down to Makkah, he went to Waraqa, who told him: ‘You are the Prophet of this nation. I swear by Allah that you have received the same angel that was
sent to Moses.’"

so do you now see?

They are several verses that called jibril the messenger of Allah, so by implication Allah sent jibril to dictate the Quran for Muhammad pbuh.

to dictate the Koran which negates a lot of what Musa seemingly received from Allah?
that's because it has been distorted like i showed earlier.

to be continued...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2016
analice107:

Anyways, this discussion is not about seeing God with human eyes. God is a spirit so can't be observed with human physical eyes.
what you just said has refuted all you've been saying since, if you in are God's image, then why aren't you a spirit?
The discussion is centered on, whether, you as a Muslim looks like your God Allah.
I have answered this by quoting a verse where Allah said he is comparable to none

You then went on to ask if I know how the Almighty looks like, and I answered in the affirmative. How do I know? because, my God said I look like him. This led to me bringing out the attributes the Bible gives of God. I didn't give him the attributes, the Bible did. And from the mouth of Yahweh too, I hear Him talking about Himself using those attributes. Example: when He first encountered Moses, He said to him, in Exodus chapter 3:7-8.
And the LORD said, I have surely seen (He has to have eyes to see right?) the affliction if my people which are in Egypt, and have heard(He has to have ears to hear right?) their cry by reason of their taskmasrers; for i know their sorrows (He has to have a mind and consciousness and emotions to feel the pain of his people right?).

Kabir, I can go on and on. But, the question still remains, Are you 'Kabir', like Allah?
Then I asked does he regrets like a human being? and No I'm not like Allah, I have told you why.

Does he hear you when you pray?
yes, he does.

How do you know?
because Allah says:

"When my servants ask thee concerning Me I am indeed close (to them); I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me; let them also with a will listen to My call and believe in Me; that they may walk in the right way."

He also says

“And your Lord said: Invoke Me (i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything ) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily, those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!”

I can go on and on..

Has he ever spoken back to you when you speak to him?

What are the ways he has ever employed to communicate to you personally?

Yahweh through all the ages has continued to reveal himself to people. Speaks audibly to his people.
Jesus is even so obvious. People see him everyday, in dreams, in visions, some hear him audibly giving instructions, directions etc.
No one has spoken to God directly only Musa has done that, but still Allah speaks to his believers through the Quran, so Muslims communicate with Allah once they open His Book, anyone that claims to have talked to God directly has seen nothing but a demon, he/she needs his/her head checked!

So, for the last time, my dearest Kabir, is Allah like you?
I've answered this already.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by Rilwon: 2:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
analice107:

You don't?
Well, I don't know how allahh looks like, that's why I asked you, as for Yahweh, I know how he looks. When I look at my reflection in the mirrow, I see how my God looks like. He told me that I look like him, for he made me in his image.
He has all my features. He has eyes, mouth, ears, nose, head, feet, hands,
He has emotions, he laughs, gets angry. He gets happy. He loves. He is patient, he is kind, compassionate, etc.
How about allahh?

Yahweh has mouth, so he could eat and pass out faeces.. Hehe..

Awon werey

2 Likes

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 3:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
Rilwon:

Awon werey
bros, them ban u sef?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by Rilwon: 3:42pm On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir2:
bros, them ban u sef?
Yes bro.. I'm on a week ban cry
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Rilwon:

Yes bro.. I'm on a week ban cry
mine is 24hrs, for "insulting and threating", which got me perplexed, cuz i didnt commit any of those, what were you banned for?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by Rilwon: 4:30pm On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir2:
mine is 24hrs, for "insulting and threating", which got me perplexed, cuz i didnt commit any of those, what were you banned for?

For replying a guy that first insulted me by saying 'thunder will fire me'.. I replied by saying trailer will crash him. About 2 minutes after I received a week ban.. The guy wasn't banned though
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 4:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
Rilwon:

For replying a guy that first insulted me by saying 'thunder will fire me'.. I replied by saying trailer will crash him. About 2 minutes after I received a week ban.. The guy wasn't banned though
lol.
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by asalimpo(m): 8:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir:
you were the one that gave your god human attributes, so that's why I asked that question.
The bible describes God - no one person defined Him. Stop twisting facts to make a point.
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by asalimpo(m): 8:07pm On Apr 02, 2016
Rilwon:

Awon werey
Ha! you sef think? God the source needs no sustenance!
He sustains all.
Maybe he could eat, but it will not be for sustenance but for pleasure.
Anyway, ... , that's irrelevant .
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
asalimpo:

The bible describes God - no one person defined Him. Stop twisting facts to make a point.
does your god regrets?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by asalimpo(m): 11:40pm On Apr 02, 2016
lexiconkabir2:
does your god regrets?
does yours?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 11:48pm On Apr 02, 2016
asalimpo:

does yours?
My Lord do not regret his actions, cuz he is far greater than that, so does your god regrets?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by asalimpo(m): 12:36am On Apr 03, 2016
lexiconkabir2:
My Lord do not regret his actions, cuz he is far greater than that, so does your god regrets?

your lord doesnt regret 9/11 because he is a psycopath.
He doesnt regret his jihads, his boko haram minions, his brussels.
Your lord leads his dumb soldiers by their d*cks - promising them unlimited or.gies in his paradise.

My God and your God are different. I see no reason to compare the two, which is what you're question is all about-"My God is better than your God".

One thing i know, my God can die for His Children,
and my God will never advice his children to physically fight for Him.
Your God on the other hand ... smh. The world regrets the day your prophet was born.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 1:17am On Apr 03, 2016
lexiconkabir2:
lexiconkabir has been banned for 24hours, I wonder who reported me and why

This is so because Allah the most gracious says:

"He has revealed to thee the Book with truth, verifying that which is before it, and He revealed the Torah and the Gospel"

but as time went on, these scriptures were distorted which made Allah say:

"But on account of their breaking their covenant We cursed them and made their hearts hard; they altered the words from their places and they neglected a portion of what they were reminded of; and you shall always discover treachery in them excepting a few of them; so pardon them and turn away; surely Allah loves those who do good (to others)."

so on that account, you may see similarities, between the OT and the Quran, but we muslims dont believe entirely in the modern Torah or injeel, read this authentic saying of the prophet pbuh

"Why do you ask the people of the scripture about anything while your Book (Quran) which has been revealed to Allah's Apostle is newer and the latest? You read it pure, undistorted and unchanged, and Allah has told you that the people of the scripture (Jews and Christians) changed their scripture and distorted it, and wrote the scripture with their own hands and said, 'It is from Allah,' to sell it for a little gain. Does not the knowledge which has come to you prevent you from asking them about anything? No, by Allah, we have never seen any man from them asking you regarding what has been revealed to you"
I hope you now see why there are similarities?

what is he to Christians, god?

where else? mount Sinai of course

Are you sure jibril didn't introduced himself? read this authentic saying of the prophet related by at-tabari:

The Messenger of Allah said: "I have never abhorred anyone more than a poet or a mad man. I can not stand looking at either of them. I will never tell anyone of Quraish of my Revelation. I will climb a mountain and throw myself down and die. That will relieve me. I went to do that but halfway up the mountain, I heard a
voice from the sky saying ‘O Muhammad! You are the Messenger of Allah and I am Gabriel.’ I looked upwards and saw Gabriel in the form of a mputtinghis his legs on the horizon. He said: ‘O Muhammad You are the Messenger of Allah and I am Gabriel I stopped and looked at him. His sight distracted my attention from what I had intended to do. I stood in my place transfixed. I tried to shift my eyes away from him. He was in every direction I looked at. I stopped in my place without any movement until Khadijah sent someone to look for me. He went down to Mecca and came back while I was standing in the same place. Gabriel then left, and I went back home. I found Khadijah at home, so I sat very close to her. She asked: ‘Father of Al- Qasim! Where have you been? I sent someone to look for you. He went to Mecca and returned to me.’ I told her of what I had seen. She replied: ‘It is a propitious sign, O my husband. Pull yourself together, I swear by Allah that you are a Messenger for this nation.’ Then she stood up
and went to Waraqa and informed him. Waraqa said: ‘I swear by Allah that he has received the same Namus , i.e. angel that was sent to Moses. He is the Prophet of this nation. Tell him to be patient.’ She came back to him and told him of Waraqa’s words. When the Messenger of Allah finished his solitary stay and went down to Makkah, he went to Waraqa, who told him: ‘You are the Prophet of this nation. I swear by Allah that you have received the same angel that was
sent to Moses.’"

so do you now see?

They are several verses that called jibril the messenger of Allah, so by implication Allah sent jibril to dictate the Quran for Muhammad pbuh.

that's because it has been distorted like i showed earlier.

to be continued...

First and foremost, I have to apologize because I can't break the comments in sections, so I would have to answer all together.

So you are saying Allah said he verified the book he gave before? Meaning the Torah and injeel?

Hmmmm. If Allah gave the Torah and the gospel, but men, mare men were able to distort it. (which part of it was actually distorted anyways?)

If Allah wasn't able to keep his eternal word from being corrupted by men, how can he keep the present Koran from corruption by the same men?

Wait!!!! There are so many abrogations in the Koran, you mean the Koran is so perfect, yet it gets abrogated every now and then? Apart from translating the Bible into different languages and versions, have u ever heard that the bible got abrogated? Have u ever heard that a part of the Bible was removed and another one replaced?

I didn't ask you the location where Musa received the commandments, I asked you where it is right now. I asked, if Musa and Moses are the same characters, Moses received the hand written commandments from God, where is it now, I'd it part of the Islamic ideology? What this means is that, are muslims bound by those commandments? because, they are not in the Koran, hadiths or sunnah.

No, Moses is not a god to Jews or Christians. But he was the one who got the Torah directly from God. He saw God, albeit, from behind. Did Muhammed include this message in the Koran? Or Moses was just one of those prophets like every other one who did nothing until Muhammed came?

I know you read the Bible, and I know that you know, the New Testament is not similar to the Old Testament, "It's a continuation". Why then is the Koran similar to the Torah and Gospels, instead of continuation, if they are from the same source?
My Twin looks like me, but she's not me.

Allah says that, because they broke their covenant "WE" punish them and hardened their hearts. That doesn't seem like the God of the Jews. Yahweh didn't headened the hearts of his people, he forgave them. And him and who are the, "WE" u people keep saying Allah is "mono", and yet he kept referring to himself as We. Will he by any chance referring to his three daughters, Allat, Mallat, and Uzzah?
Again, are u saying Allah couldn't protect his book?

You know? This case of Allah giving his book or books, to people, but being unable to prevent it from being corrupted, is the same case with Muhammed claiming he heard continuously from Jibril, but when Satan spoke to him, he could not differentiate between the voice of Jibril he kept hearing, from the voice of Satan who just spoke to him once. How then are we to believe the authenticity of the whole Koran? It was people around him who pointed out to him that what he dictated and was written down were satanic chants. All of a sudden Allah instructed him to abrogate that part of the Koran. Is that not the Infamous Satanic Verses? What if the people didn't raise alarm?
Those satanic chants will be part of the Koran today, won't they? And you all will claim it to be the word from allahh directly.

My point is, how are to accept Muhammed as a prophet if he listened to Satan and actually accepted what Satan instructed without knowing?
What if the whole Koran is satanic instructions.

Kabir, you didn't give me the Koranic verse where jibril introduced himself to Muhammed as Jibril an Angel from Allah. Give me a verse sir. Don't assumed that because the Koran often refered to him as the servant of Allah, means he came from God.

How many mouths does he have? He will call himself Jibril, and turn around and call himself Gabriel. You have read the Bible, Angel Gabriel, never called himself other name other than Gabriel.
I need a Koranic verse not what u copied from a website.

Again, if Jibril and Gabriel are the same entities, do Angels also lie and distort messages like humans?

Through out the Old Testament, Gabriel was seen introducing himself as "Gabriel who stands before the Lord", and has brought a message. He puts people at ease before delivering his messages. His central message has always been, the coming Messiah. To all the prophets, it was the promised Messiah, Where he will be born, how he will grow, what he will do, how he will suffer, and be killed, for how much they will sell him, how they will cast lots to share his clothes, how he'll resurrect. Etc etc.
Then, the time came when that Messiah was to be born, Gabriel still came. He was the one who gave the name of the Messiah as Jesus. He was one who called the son of God. He announced the purpose of the Messiah. He was the one who ministered to him after he fasted for 40days and nights.
He was the one standing by the grave to announce his resurrection, he was still the one who told his disciples that, the way they saw him go, that's the same way they Will see him come back.
Then 600 years later, that same Gabriel, appears to someone else far away from where he has made all this announcements, but this time, he changed his words, and said, No, Jesus is not the son God, he was just a slave to allah.

Really?

Listen, if you call my Pastor a lair,, I will walk away from you, because he is a man so is susceptible to making mistakes, but if u call an Angel of God, a lair, you have just called God who sent him a lair, because he speaks not his words, but the words of God who sent him.
ZACHARIA, the father of John the Baptised went dumb for 9nonths because he doubted the word of God through this same Angel Gabriel.

So, pls explain to me how an Angel is capable of distorting a message this big.

I think Allah has double mouth. Is it Allah or Muhammed? Muhammed was asked about the HereAfter, he said he didn't know where he was going, and that which ever area the Muslims were not clear in the koran, they shd ask the people of the book (Jews and Christians), now am seeing what you posted saying, Allah said, why ask the people of the book when you have your Koran? What should we take?

Why does Allah hate the Poets?

Do you know how many madmen Jesus healed?

In saying that the people of the book never asks muslims for anything that is revealed, is true because, there's no revelation in the Koran. If you are sincere, Kabir, as you read that Bible in your hand, you will never come across anywhere Yahweh sent any Angel to dictate his Mind to his prophets. He talks to them directly. Except to warn them or give them information on what to expect in future.
How can someone who has a direct line to call his father, and is certain that his call will receive answers, resort to depending on an intermediary? And since Muhammed died, Jibril and Allah went away for good.

Kabir, I hope u know you are not talking to a child?
You just said, Jibril introduced himself as Gabriel, Angel sent by God (Allah) to Muhammed to announce to him his prophethood. Jibril addressed Muhammed as the servant of Allah. What does that mean?
When Yahweh revealed himself to Moses the first time, Moses didn't know him. He introduced Himself to Moses. No physical struggling to make Moses succumb.
Did Muhammed know Allah before then? Was Muhammed a Muslim as at that moment? If yes, why didn't Muhammed know who Jibril was? Where did Mohammed got the instructions that were guiding him before jibril came?

And, why will Jibril introduce himself as an Angel of Allah whose Muhammed was a servant to, and yet, Muhammed came home to Kadijat, sulking like a baby?
Why did Muhammed need Waraga to confirm that it was indeed Allah that sent Jibril? Wasn't Muhammed the only one who heard from Allah?
Who was Waraga? Wasn't Waraga a Soothsayer? He was. Why will Kadijat take Muhammed to a Soothsayer to confirm the voice of a God whose servant Muhammed was?

And, you jumped the part that the so called Jibril was choking air out of Muhammed to have him succumb, On three occasions. You also jumped the part that Muhammed planed on killing himself because he believed he was possesed by a jinn. (evil spirit) and Aisha spoke about Muhammed practicing black magic to find out information, he often went to the graveyard at nights to do stuff. Why was that?
Was that not the main reason why Kadijat took him to go and consult a soothsayer Waraga?
Why shd a soothsayer confirm the prophethood of a prophet?

Remember, Allah just revealed himself to Muhammed through Jibril, not to anyone else, but Muhammed alone, but later, Waraga the soothsayer is seen swearing by the same Allah, confirming the prophethood of Allah. And Allah was known to talk only to Muhammed through the so called Jibril, so, which Allah was Waraga swearing by?

As you can see, I didn't copy and paste anything. Pls can we talk? Leave copying people's work.

1 Like

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 1:25am On Apr 03, 2016
Rilwon:

Awon werey
Rilwon, get serious. As you can see, I and Kabir are having a discussion, it's either you contribute or you leave, because u will just end up making mockery of yourself.
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by analice107: 1:30am On Apr 03, 2016
lexiconkabir2:
what you just said has refuted all you've been saying since, if you in are God's image, then why aren't you a spirit?
I have answered this by quoting a verse where Allah said he is comparable to none

Then I asked does he regrets like a human being? and No I'm not like Allah, I have told you why.

yes, he does.

because Allah says:

"When my servants ask thee concerning Me I am indeed close (to them); I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me; let them also with a will listen to My call and believe in Me; that they may walk in the right way."

He also says

“And your Lord said: Invoke Me (i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything ) I will respond to your (invocation). Verily, those who scorn My worship [i.e. do not invoke Me, and do not believe in My Oneness, (Islamic Monotheism)] they will surely enter Hell in humiliation!”

I can go on and on..

No one has spoken to God directly only Musa has done that, but still Allah speaks to his believers through the Quran, so Muslims communicate with Allah once they open His Book, anyone that claims to have talked to God directly has seen nothing but a demon, he/she needs his/her head checked!

I've answered this already.
Well answered. Everything you just said here, confirms that Allah and Yahweh are not the same.
You actually asked why am not a spirit? Am three in one sir. Am a spirit, who has a soul(comciousness) and lives in a body. Which is saying, God the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.

2 Likes

Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 7:12am On Apr 03, 2016
asalimpo:

[s]your lord doesnt regret 9/11 because he is a psycopath.
He doesnt regret his jihads, his boko haram minions, his brussels.
Your lord leads his dumb soldiers by their d*cks - promising them unlimited or.gies in his paradise.[/s]

My God and your God are different. I see no reason to compare the two, which is what you're question is all about-[s]"My God is better than your God".[/s]

One thing i know, my God can die for His Children, and my God will never advice his children to physically fight for Him.
[s]Your God on the other hand ... smh. The world regrets the day your prophet was born.[/s]
does your god regrets?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 8:45am On Apr 03, 2016
analice107:

Well answered. Everything you just said here, confirms that Allah and Yahweh are not the same.
You actually asked why am not a spirit? Am three in one sir. Am a spirit, who has a soul(comciousness) and lives in a body. Which is saying, God the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
If you want to break text and comment on it, put the text in between [quote][/quote]

Allah is not like Yahweh described in the bible, cuz my lord don't regret his actions.

we can see you, can we see your god?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by superior1: 8:58am On Apr 03, 2016
lexiconkabir2:

we can see you, can we see your god?

how are you able to see her/him, can you see allah?
Re: "Is Allah Like You?" by lexiconkabir2: 9:01am On Apr 03, 2016
superior1:

how are you able to see her/him, can you see allah?
No one can see Allah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Children's Day: Are Children Always Blessing From God? / Prometheus Has Probably Converted Me!!! / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.