Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,854 members, 7,802,738 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? (25257 Views)

Aftermath Of Super Eagles World Cup Qualification: 10 Funny Pictures / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup / AFCON Qualifiers: Mancity Writes About Iheanacho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
MadCow1:
Qualiwetin?

President Buhari should disband the Super Eagles until further notice. angry

Sack all the coaches too.. Their Salary too cost.

We don't have money to be wasting on sports when boys for street never chop. angry

The Boys should sponsor themselves for the remainder of the tournament. They should also train themselves, House themselves and kit themselves. If they qualify, we will refund them, if they dont, na their wahala.

The last time something like that happened under GEJ's era, FIFA threatened to ban Nigeria from all football tournament unless Nigeria retracts such move, and the Nigerian govt finally succumbed.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/nigeria/7867686/World-Cup-2010-Fifa-threatens-Nigeria-with-ban-over-teams-suspension.html
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 30, 2016
Caseless:
I was impressed with the play, I used this to console myself, but was angry that siasia had to play a lone striker(Ighalo) in a game we needed to win badly.

I'm a true Nigerian, and I feel the probing pain through my heart due to our failure to qualify for the tournament consecutively; the ouster of super eagle or the failure to qualify for the tournament back-to-back is a dent on our image as an "African football house".
We were hendecasyllabic in players just like the Egyptians, but we were not focused in the first-leg.

Comme ci , comme ca , they had a good play, unfortunately, they lost.

The Chadians withdrew from the qualifiers due to lack of funds to prosecute their remaining games in the qualifications. This decision by the Chadians puts us in the outright position of 'non-qualification' (permit me to put it this way) having lost to Egypt yestetday.

My question is, can we get the Chadians to rescind their decision if we take up the responsibility of funding their remaining matches and paying their players allowance? as this could still give our second place position in the group the needed value of qualifying us.

NB: I know we find it hard to pay our players and coaches , but trust Nigeria/Nigerians in a situation like this; we can play the big brother to our neighbors especially when we are going to benefit from them( e.g multinational task force , ceding of bakassi peninsula to cameroon , etc).

Yes, the same way we're still expecting Argentina's victory to be upturned because Maradona used drugs.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by witorwitoutyou(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Forget afcon,frm d match,dere's still sometin to take out of it,retain d coachin crew for continuity...
Retire Ahmed Musa compulsorily,send Mikel into an exile.Give d captain arm band to Onazi,den luk forward to 2018 world cup.dts all

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Habbatmakolly: 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Impossible: This is a Change era. Buhari can never accept your advice, even Goodluck can not do it.

If we do these to qualify, we must be ready to settle CAF and other team we are going to play during the Nations Cup.

You reason like Ben Bruce

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by justicejay(m): 12:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Guy,are you saying we should bribe abi fix the match?

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by tomholly: 12:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
na wa oh .since u
Caseless:
I was impressed with the play, I used this to console myself, but was angry that siasia had to play a lone striker(Ighalo) in a game we needed to win badly.

I'm a true Nigerian, and I feel the probing pain through my heart due to our failure to qualify for the tournament consecutively; the ouster of super eagle or the failure to qualify for the tournament back-to-back is a dent on our image as an "African football house".
We were hendecasyllabic in players just like the Egyptians, but we were not focused in the first-leg.

The Chadians withdrew from the qualifiers due to lack of funds to prosecute their remaining games in the qualifications. This decision by the Chadians puts us in the outright position of 'non-qualification' (permit me to put it this way) having lost to Egypt yestetday.

My question is, can we get the Chadians to rescind their decision if we take up the responsibility of funding their remaining matches and paying their players allowance? as this could still give our second place position in the group the needed value of qualifying us.

NB: I know we find it hard to pay our players and coaches , but trust Nigeria/Nigerians in a situation like this; we can play the big brother to our neighbors especially when we are going to benefit from them( e.g multinational task force , ceding of bakassi peninsula to cameroon , etc).
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Moz22: 12:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
By the way, where is Ifeanyi Uba?

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by AyoolaIgwe(m): 12:08pm On Mar 30, 2016
Caseless:

u must be foolish. did u say "unity"? for how many weeks?

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Moz22: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
AyoolaIgwe:

u must be foolish. did u say "unity"? for how many weeks?
haaba..calling him foolish isn't right. Its his thread and he is only giving his opinion.

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by MaziOmenuko: 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
I mentioned this when I heard of the news of their withdrawal.

Problem is, NFF is not proactive - they would have reached out to the Chadians football federation earlier before they finally pulled out. It's called soccer politics. If what op suggested is done right now, it will raise dust and trust me, their will be protest in CAF.

Next time, NFF should have some 'match-fixers' in their payroll that can see early signs like this, lunch and try to work out something before it becomes public information.not some pot-bellied folks sitting under AC at glass house daily.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by 3kay945(m): 12:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Unthinkable
undecided
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by gurunlocker: 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
bubu no like sport, he's even outta the country on a mission that doesn't concern him... so forget that thing
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by donvicky2007: 12:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nigeria should forget about the 2017 AFCON and concentrate on world cup qualification, if they are not out of the tournament already.
Super Eagle and NFF are a disgrace to football world and football administrative body.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by AyoolaIgwe(m): 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
Moz22:
haaba..calling him foolish isn't right. Its his thread and he is only giving his opinion.
I'm sorry. didn't know dat there were reasonable & highly matured nairalanders. how do I remove my comment?
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
Jarus:

Yes, the same way we're still expecting Argentina's victory to be upturned because Maradona used drugs.

Lol....some people still recall that match? grin

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by nairaimporter: 12:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
Caseless:
CAF knows the importance of having a country like Nigeria at the tournament. If chad decides to come back maybe give the reason that they can't pay the fine and have found another way of funding the remaining qualifiers, they should be considered and 're-integrated ' into the qualifiers.

If there's any article of CAF that for forbids that , just let me know pls.

Match fixing
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by nairaimporter: 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
Caseless:

Match fixing
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by treasuremi1(m): 12:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
Nice thinking op. Good idea, never mind those castigating ur reasoning. If Nigeria had qualified, they would watch and support the team with passion.
But what I keep wondering is which country has the slot meant for second in our group? Automatically ruling out the second slot cos a country in the group withdrew to me is unfair! It's a very foolish law.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by quickly: 12:33pm On Mar 30, 2016
Why did nff sack keshi after winning nations cup and taking them to 2nd round.
Forget about afcon 2017

Mikel and co.don chop belleful
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
makes sense . But can such happen for real
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Moz22: 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
AyoolaIgwe:

I'm sorry. didn't know dat there were reasonable & highly matured nairalanders. how do I remove my comment?
just modify and rewrite whatever u wanna write..em glad u admitted that u did wrong and God bless u for that.

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by vanilson(m): 12:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
I think the likes of ifeanyi ubah,orji uzor kalu and co can sponsor Chad conveniently to Nigeria's advantage
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by HRich(m): 12:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
Caseless:

Honestly you think upside down.

Chad have been Fined $20,000 already, and no coming back for them. Nigeria is out and that's the end.

1 Like

Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
That's corruption bro....that aside,are you that wicked?wishing your country to sponsor another all for football?are there no poor peepz around u?beg your neighbors to gather money for them 1st...charity begins at home
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by HRich(m): 12:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
Moz22:
By the way, where is Ifeanyi Uba?
For what to happen? You think he don't have a Football team to take care off?
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by HRich(m): 12:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
Benz4pimp:
That's corruption bro....that aside,are you that wicked?wishing your country to sponsor another all for football?are there no poor peepz around u?beg your neighbors to gather money for them 1st...charity begins at home
You can imagine an empty brain thinking. Did Egypt ask Nigeria not to win their matches? Nonsence.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by HRich(m): 12:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
vanilson:
I think the likes of ifeanyi ubah,orji uzor kalu and co can sponsor Chad conveniently to Nigeria's advantage
You mean apart from Igbo men that Nigeria and Nigerians don't Value Dangote can't sponsor them?
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by AyoolaIgwe(m): 12:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
Moz22:
just modify and rewrite whatever u wanna write..em glad u admitted that u did wrong and God bless u for that.
can't seem to be able to find d "modify" button o
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by Moz22: 1:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
AyoolaIgwe:

can't seem to be able to find d "modify" button o
just go back to that comment..u will find modify, quote, report and share underneath. Click and re-edit ur post.
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by stevoskyj(m): 1:12pm On Mar 30, 2016
succyblinks:
Buh guys dey try oh.. Imagine watching match dat is vry boring for Gud 90mins.. Na wa

This your post is more boring than a football match tongue

BTW i just veiw ur picture nd then my back buttom spoil now am stuck wit ur picture as my screensaver *xoxo*
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by damosky12(m): 1:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Isn't anybody thinking about qualification as best loosers?
Re: Can We Do This To Redeem Our Qualification To AFCON? by succyblinks(f): 1:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
stevoskyj:

This your post is more boring than a football match tongue

BTW i just veiw ur picture nd then my back buttom spoil now am stuck wit ur picture as my screensaver *xoxo*

Lol.. It's gud

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dalung Kicks Against Nigeria's World Cup Participation / Peter Crouch Retires At 38 / Tunisia Vs France: FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022. (1 - 1) On 30th Nov 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.