Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,601 members, 7,801,742 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:40 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11525816 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (16094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:48pm On Jun 25, 2017
This Ondoa is a very good goalkeeper.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Chaaaiiiiii.... our team young die.... abeg... let our team grow quickly biko... Hahahahahahahahaha.....

P.S: Chief Icon4s... hope you can see the quality of Ekambi.... good player indeed. Told you he is another option in attack but Aboubakar remains their no.1

Yeah. But overall Cameroon does not have good strikers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:53pm On Jun 25, 2017
A really long way to go My Brother. Really really long.... sad

delana:
To think African champions are losing to this young German side shows African football has a long way to go
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:57pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Chaaaiiiiii.... our team young die.... abeg... let our team grow quickly biko... Hahahahahahahahaha.....

P.S: Chief Icon4s... hope you can see the quality of Ekambi.... good player indeed. Told you he is another option in attack but Aboubakar remains their no.1

Imagine, 5 of the players that started that SA game were 20year olds. Others like Iwobi 21, Shehu 23, Ekong 23, Kayode came in 23yr, Musa 23, Osimhen 18. That was supposed to be the team we would have sent to Rio last year if not for the massive withdrawals. Echijile, Onazi and Ekpeyi would have passed for the 3 over-aged players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2017
True talk.... that is why Aboubakar is the best they just have to stick with. Not that Aboubakar is that clinical sef. But he can be dangerous when eyes are taken off him.

But they do have a certain choupo moting... Don't know what is up with him. He is one of the players who shunned invites to the Afcon Cameroun eventually won.

Iheanacho is far more lethal than Aboubakar.

It has been good studying this Camerounian team with you all and with You Chief Icon4s... been a pleasure. smiley

Icon4s:

Yeah. But overall Cameroon does not have good strikers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2017
True talk again..... It is on record as the youngest African XI to play a competitive Fifa fixture at senior level.

Such a young team we paraded with huge potentials but experience is always a super factor for every balanced side. Hopefully we grow better after that SA mishap.

Germany's team to this Confed cup is far more experienced than the Nigerian XI that started against SA.

Icon4s:

Imagine, 5 of the players that started that SA game were 20year olds. Others like Iwobi 21, Shehu 23, Ekong 23, Kayode came in 23yr, Musa 23, Osimhen 18. That was supposed to be the team we would have sent to Rio last year if not for the massive withdrawals. Echijile, Onazi and Ekpeyi would have passed for the 3 over-aged players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2017
So sad reading/hearing this.... sad

Icon4s:

Yeah Patrick Ekeng-Ekeng died I think last year.
He collapsed on the pitch
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
True talk.... It is on record as the youngest African XI to play a competitive Fifa fixture at senior level.

Such a young team we paraded with huge potentials but experience is always a super factor for every balanced side. Hopefully we grow better after that SA mishap.

Germany's team to this Confed cup is far more experienced than the Nigerian XI that started against SA.

Three of the experienced players caused the team problems in that game. The term to use is top quality and not experience.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:10pm On Jun 25, 2017
I call him "The Wall"

Icon4s:
This Ondoa is a very good goalkeeper.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:12pm On Jun 25, 2017
Looooollll...
I really don't wanna talk about those three abeg... We don overflog the matter already... Hahahahahahahahaha

So lemme just say I meant, "Top quality Experience- in balanced proportions" grin

TheGoodJoe:

Three of the experienced players caused the team problems in that game. The term to use is top quality and not experience.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Looooollll...
I really don't wanna talk about those three abeg... We don overflog the matter already... Hahahahahahahahaha

So lemme just say I meant, "Top quality Experience- in balanced proportions" grin

No need to be political here.

When even Rohr himself admitted the team lost due to Gross inexperience.

I guess the word 'experience' should be deleted from the English dictionary.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2017
Hmmm Una dey try ooo, dis past week jst strong like dis for me, but oluwa see me thru, thanks JEH for his mercies

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2017
grin grin grin

Hahahahahahahahaha..... Hahahahahahahahaha....

I just wan balance am naa....... cheesy

But Experience is vital. Delete from which dictionary? Loolll... naah..... not happening. It is a super prominent word even in the dictionary of football.

Icon4s:

No need to be political here.

When even Rohr himself admitted the team lost due to Gross inexperience.

I guess the word 'experience' should be deleted from the English dictionary.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
I have a question! It might as well be a food for thought. Why dont NFF have football development project the same way Germany is having for the last 15 years?

I believe NFF should engage our foreign technical adviser to assemble best legs in the local league, and kind of make them into a club playing in the professional league. That way, we have a ready gelled team. Heck, we can assemble them so as to blend very well. A team that plays together under the tutelage of a quality foreign tech adviser will have all his ideas drilled into the team. A good team to start with will be NPFL all stars.
If NFF will not make it into their avenue for Siphoning money and will really be interested in the development of soccer, I think we will have a good team on our hands and there will be good home grown talents with technical input.
What yall think? Anyone?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2017
Awwwwwwn.... Sir Do4luv14.... hope you are much better now... sad

Great to know you pulled through okay.... it is well. smiley

But how is your recovery rate now?

do4luv14:
Hmmm Una dey try ooo, dis past week jst strong like dis for me, but oluwa see me thru, thanks JEH for his mercies

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:09pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Awwwwwwn.... Sir Do4luv14.... hope you are much better now... sad

Great to know you pulled through okay.... it is well. smiley

But how is your recovery rate now?

still getting strong, actually went to church today thought very late, my first outing since Tuesday,

also, the lose of a dear uncle

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:11pm On Jun 25, 2017
Fatai Nets Brace In UFA ’ s Pre-Peason Friendly Win

Nigerian forward, Kehinde Fatai, bagged a brace for his Russian to league side, FC UFA's 2-0 pre-season friendly win against Russian second division club FC Yenisey Krasnoyarsk on Sunday, Completesportsnigeria.com reports.

Fatai gave UFA the lead when he scored in the fourth minute.
And in the ninth minute, he got on the score sheet again to make it 2-0 for UFA.

Last season, Fatai scored six goals in 22 league appearances for UFA.

At the end of last campaign, UFA finished seventh in the 16-team Russian topflight.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/fatai-nets-brace-ufas-pre-peason-friendly-win/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:14pm On Jun 25, 2017
kennysville:
I have a question! It might as well be a food for thought. Why dont NFF have football development project the same way Germany is having for the last 15 years?

I believe NFF should engage our foreign technical adviser to assemble best legs in the local league, and kind of make them into a club playing in the professional league. That way, we have a ready gelled team. Heck, we can assemble them so as to blend very well. A team that plays together under the tutelage of a quality foreign tech adviser will have all his ideas drilled into the team. A good team to start with will be NPFL all stars.
If NFF will not make it into their avenue for Siphoning money and will really be interested in the development of soccer, I think we will have a good team on our hands and there will be good home grown talents with technical input.
What yall think? Anyone?

you actually don't see that happening do you,
this is Africa, Nigeria for that matter, where the present Nff started a program, that will take 10-15 years to yield dividend, then you don't trust the new NFF who will assume office in two years time to carry on do you

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2017
Okay Sir... but wow! you haven't left your home since Tuesday.... woah!

That's quite serious... thanks Goodness you are back on your feet again. But please don't stress yourself too much now okay.... take things a little easy with yourself.

How about drugs? You may have to give thoughts to seeing a doc close to your area or known to you so as to assess your health and know what drugs you need okay.

And again... my condolences on your uncle's departure. It is well My good man. I know the psychological effect of that loss makes the illness even worse but Be strong okay... You got a life of beauty ahead of you My Friend. smiley

Plsss man... be strong abeg... Don't want you having a relapse of what you are gradually recuperating from.

I should ask what "illness/infirmity" it is but I don't wanna get too personal as I understand you won't wanna reveal so many personal stuffs online.

It is well okay. smiley

My KO man... plsss recover oooo... do you want the First lady to see you like this? wink

do4luv14:

still getting strong, actually went to church today thought very late, my first outing since Tuesday,

also, the lose of a dear uncle

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2017
do4luv14:

you actually don't see that happening do you,
this is Africa, Nigeria for that matter, where the present Nff started a program, that will take 10-15 years to yield dividend, then you don't trust the new NFF who will assume office in two years time to carry on do you

Quite frankly? Honestly? Er.... No . I dont see it happening. The same NFF that couldnt take delivery of Caf balls for an Afcon match? Leaves its teams stranded, high and dry? Sabotage well meaning individuals?

I was only musing out loud and stirring up some thought provoking conversation, hoping that someone will see this as an idea to be considered.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:26pm On Jun 25, 2017
Nolito Out As Guardiola Drops Hint On Iheanacho Future At Manchester City

A hint over the future of Manchester City Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho has been provided by coach Pep Guardiola in an interview where he discussed the potential signings and departures from the club.

In an interview picked up by Owngoalnigeria.com online editor, the manager expressed his happiness with their business so far in the transfer window, while hinting that some players might also depart the club.

Already Spanish forward Nolito is close to agreeing a move to Sevilla, one year after joining Man City and according to the manager very few players will leave the club unless they are able to do some business in the ongoing transfer window.

He said some young players will be allowed to leave the club on temporary loans, while other will leave the club on special arrangements which will in the long run benefit the team and the player.

It appears he was referring to the case of Kelechi Iheanacho when he mentioned special arrangements as the Nigerian who is now the third choice striker at the club has been told he can leave but with a buy back clause.

West Ham United and Leicester City have all failed to meet City requirements for the buy back and it has held up their move for the 20 year old Nigerian, who is keen on staying in England.

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/25/nolito-out-as-guardiola-drops-hint-on-iheanacho-future-at-manchester-city/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Okay Sir... but wow! you haven't left your home since Tuesday.... woah!

That's quite serious... thanks Goodness you are back on your feet again. But please don't stress yourself too much now okay.... take things a little easy with yourself.

How about drugs? You may have to give thoughts to seeing a doc close to your area or known to you so as to assess your health and know what drugs you need okay.

And again... my condolences on your uncle's departure. It is well My good man. I know the psychological effect of that loss makes the illness even worse but Be strong okay... You got a life of beauty ahead of you My Friend. smiley

Plsss man... be strong abeg... Don't want you having a relapse of what you are gradually recuperating from.

I should ask what "illness/infirmity" it is but I don't wanna get too personal as I understand you won't wanna reveal so many personal stuffs online.

It is well okay. smiley

My KO man... plsss recover oooo... do you want the First lady to see you like this? wink

lolzzz , thanks man you are a PADI TU SURE cool cool
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2017
Your post is noted Sir Kennysville. And you made sense okay...

It is a large topic to discuss and at different times in times past many forumites including myself here have dropped thoughts on the matter. Really deep thoughts.

But hey... it is still open to more discussions. smiley

kennysville:

Quite frankly? Honestly? Er.... No . I dont see it happening. The same NFF that couldnt take delivery of Caf balls for an Afcon match? Leaves its teams stranded, high and dry? Sabotage well meaning individuals?

I was only musing out loud and stirring up some thought provoking conversation, hoping that someone will see this as an idea to be considered.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:38pm On Jun 25, 2017
Exclusive: Genclerbirligi S.K. Testing The Waters For Arsenal, Man Utd Linked Midfielder Etebo

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Turkish Super Lig club Genclerbirligi S.K. have set the ball rolling in their bid to sign one of the most talented young players in Africa, Oghenekaro Etebo.

An intermediary that claims to represent the capital club has held preliminary talks with Etebo's camp ahead of a swoop in the summer transfer window.

The 21-year-old Etebo will enter the final twelve months of his contract with CD Feirense in July, and has refused to rule out a departure from the Portuguese club before the close of the transfer market.

The likes of Manchester United, Arsenal, Leicester City, West Brom and Lyon are thought to be keeping tabs on the attacking midfielder, having posted scouts to watch him in Portugal and national team matches.

Tijani Babangida, Ekigho Ehiosun and Isaac Promise have represented Genclerbirligi S.K in the past.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23535

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2017
Trabzonspor Reject € 5 m Chinese Chinese Club Bid For Onazi
By Johnny Edward

Trabzonspor have turned down a €5m euro offer for Super Eagles vice captain, Ogenyi Onazi from an unnamed Chinese
club, Completesportsnigeria.com has reliably gathered.

Onazi who is angling for a move away from Turkey has also been linked with some top clubs in Spain Italy and in England, is eager for for a move this summer.

But Trabzonspor manager, Ersun Yanal, is desperate to keep the 24 year old ahead of the new campaign.

Yanal who signed the 24 year old last summer from Italian side SS Lazio for a reported fee of €3.5m has been pleased with his performance for the Black Sea team in his debut season.
The Nigeria international scored twice and provided one assist in 38 games last season.

Completesportsnigeria.com gathered that Onazi will most likely leave Trabzonspor this summer for a top team in Europe, but not China.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/trabzonspor-reject-e5m-chinese-chinese-club-bid-onazi/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 7:41pm On Jun 25, 2017
kennysville:

stop the griping's it. Isn't their fault they are trying their best, what you should be asking is what had the sport minister done so far, nothing,

the point you stated can happen to any federation not jst Nff alone, they had been trying all over heir programs had been for the development of our coaches, referees, and by extension the league,

by partnering and sending our coaches out for attachment,
nut those thing need money and backing wich dey don't have, even the coaches salary had been anoda thing,

business. They keep pressing on, if I am not mistaken, AIITO is their second sponsor, after the first pull out, due to sport minister backed Giwa,

las-Las, nobody or organization is perfect
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
If you like count it as one.... Fact is he scored three as a starting CF in those games. Those are what the records state okay. And there is nothing you, me or anyone can do about it.

You asked for how many goals and I gave you his stats, now you ask for how many matches... next question will be how many competitive matches has he scored in?

Oga... like it or not... Nacho is the best CF we have for now and by far our best goals scorer upfront.
That is the painful truth for you but the simple truth for some of us.

Nacho is also our finest and most lethal finisher. None of the CF options we have can be trusted to finish the way Nacho does and with emphasis too. His deadliness is well underlined... best goals ratio in World's toughest league since August 2015 no be beans biko! A few bad games does not change that or dampen such quality.

Consider the highlighted text in bold.

I am truly at loss as to what you are trying to prove. KC is an excellent striker no doubt world class only time will. Is he among the top 10 strikers in the EPL, I have my doubts.

Statistics when used correctly can be absolute but at other times they are indicative. KC has played 64 games for City and scored 21.

As a ratio of goals to games it's very good but it's not amazing. So what exactly are you trying to say that he is ahead of Aguero or new boy Gabriel who has played 11 games and scored 7. But to say he is the best is stretching patriotism in the name of, I must support my Nigerian player.

The way you use the stats is misleading to put it lightly. I want to presume you are using a ratio of minutes played to goals scored. If that is the case it's a weak use of statistics as a basis for true quality. In this regard it is only telling half the story.

Everybody manager wants to win and will generally play thier best players for the system they adopt.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

KC is a very good work in progress he has done very well. I do feel his true test of quality, resilience and adaptability will be when he leads the forward line at Leicester and West Ham or even Swansea. He needs games to develop.

Finally with regards to Osimhen until he proves he can cut it in his club. Wolfsburg is far from the elite in European football and as such if he cannot cut it there and be a first team regular, he is not a consideration in my book.

Moise Kean is 17 has already played for first team at Juventus incidentally he was born in Italy. I say this cause I initially had doubts about his age. But here is a teenager that is showing outstanding and undoubted top class at such a young age. This is the kind of class our teenagers need to show before we start calling them new Neymar or Drogba, etc.

Rumours are that Arsenal are on his radar amongst quite a few other top clubs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:07pm On Jun 25, 2017

19-year-old Nigerian set to make breakthrough at Arsenal sooner rather than later
By Mosope Ominiyi

After excellent performances at the u17 World Cup in 2015, Kelechi Nwakali was a wonderkid whose stock rose rapidly before finally completing a five-year deal to join Arsenal in March last year.

The talented Nigerian, who won the Golden Ball at the tournament too, has been tipped for future stardom by many and was loaned out to MVV Maastricht for the whole of last season in an attempt to build valuable experience in Europe.

Many Gunners fans may not know a lot about the youngster, so who is he?

Playing style and strengths

Nwakali is a versatile youngster and one that can play in a range of different attacking positions.

Where he’s best suited is in the number 10 role just behind the striker where he can constantly get on the ball and create chances whilst being given opportunities to dribble his way towards the goal.

He’s agile, deceptively quick given his frame and equally tough to shrug off the ball. This makes him harder to isolate once he does get going, and there are definitely a few dribbles and deft moves that have ‘highlight reel’ potential from last season alone.

His passing range is an under-rated strength within his game while he’s naturally skillful too, though it’s unfair to say he can perform as a deep-lying playmaker at present – he doesn’t have the defensive discipline needed to perform effectively there.

He loves to get on the ball and will take it from deeper positions though, especially if his side are losing or need to score a goal.

It helps give them a lift to see a more attack-minded player dropping deeper to receive passes into his feet, where he can scan for forward options and create a goalscoring chance within seconds.

Weaknesses

In terms of weaknesses, there’s one which is typical for most teenagers and Nwakali himself will probably identify it as an area to improve upon in future. It’s his level of consistency and one which fluctuates, especially when playing in a position different to his most preferred or against tough opposition that have taken steps to try and nullify his attacking threat.

There were a handful of occasions last season where Nwakali played out on the flanks for instance. For someone with his attributes, it’s understandable that he’d be played there but he is far more influential with the ball at his feet than constantly having to make runs in-behind a defence or calling for it, where he’d attract unnecessary attention in the process.

His decision-making at times can seem rushed, as he has an eagerness to make things happen and can make mistakes which see possession squandered as a consequence. It’s something that he’ll change with experience and maturity, becoming more composed in dangerous situations before punishing opponents to devastating effect with more regularity.
He has shown he’s able to do that, just not as frequently as he would’ve liked to yet.

Potential at Arsenal?

It’s easy to forget that Nwakali only turned 19 at the start of this month, yet he is mature off the pitch and regularly impresses on it too.

It’s refreshing to see a highly-rated prospect like him flourish out on-loan and given his performances at Maastricht, it’s no surprise that top tier sides in the Bundesliga and Belgian Pro League are interested in a season-long loan deal ahead of the new campaign.

Nwakali is good enough to continue his development elsewhere before staking a first-team claim and it’d be counter-productive to see him return to the club’s u23 side.
His five-year contract highlights the potential for him to succeed in north London and he’s one of the Academy’s top talents within his age-group.

Where he’d be deployed once he makes his senior breakthrough remains to be seen at present, although he could emulate Alex Iwobi by playing on the wing and alternating with a more creative midfield presence when others such as Mesut Özil do not feature.

The future is bright for Nwakali and he has genuine potential to make a breakthrough at Arsenal in the next two seasons.

Source: http://dailycannon.com/2017/06/19-year-old-nigerian-set-to-make-breakthrough-at-arsenal-sooner-rather-than-later/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:17pm On Jun 25, 2017
Naaah.... the way I read stats is just fine. It is rather the way you don't wanna read it that is alarming.

Nacho boasts such credentials and you want me to shut up about it?? Is that it??

But you won't shut up if it is about Moussa Dembele... your beloved nephew. wink

And Read Sir Komekn... read... The Stats is for 59 players with 10+ EPL goals since August 2015. So bringing in Gabby Jesus is utter nonsense and way out of line. Has he scored 10 EPL goals??

To Skysports and to The EPL it is something amazing and outstanding which is why they carry such stats on their records.

WhoScored.com carried it too. So if you don't wanna reckon with it.. that is your personal problem. Not mine.

And Yes... in terms of Clinicality, Iheanacho is the best in the EPL... The EPL says so. The Stats also say so... so what are you saying Sir??

And I know about Moise Kean... so what about him?? Was he a major part of Juve's success last season? grin

And Arsenal also came for Osimhen... #fact... Osimhen is just 18 and is also a very outstanding young Super talent in world football today. #fact... This is why he is highly rated at Wolfsburg and by The Super eagles Coach Gernot Rohr.

Why do you keep asslicking foreign born players and lashing the Nigerian top youngsters?? See why your comments lack credibility most times?

komekn:

Consider the highlighted text in bold.

I am truly at loss as to what you are trying to prove. KC is an excellent striker no doubt world class only time will. Is he among the top 10 strikers in the EPL, I have my doubts.

Statistics when used correctly can be absolute but at other times they are indicative. KC has played 64 games for City and scored 21.

As a ratio of goals to games it's very good but it's not amazing. So what exactly are you trying to say that he is ahead of Aguero or new boy Gabriel who has played 11 games and scored 7. But to say he is the best is stretching patriotism in the name of, I must support my Nigerian player.

The way you use the stats is misleading to put it lightly. I want to presume you are using a ratio of minutes played to goals scored. If that is the case it's a weak use of statistics as a basis for true quality. In this regard it is only telling half the story.

Everybody manager wants to win and will generally play thier best players for the system they adopt.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/top-scorers

KC is a very good work in progress he has done very well. I do feel his true test of quality, resilience and adaptability will be when he leads the forward line at Leicester and West Ham or even Swansea. He needs games to develop.

Finally with regards to Osimhen until he proves he can cut it in his club. Wolfsburg is far from the elite in European football and as such if he cannot cut it there and be a first team regular, he is not a consideration in my book.

Moise Kean is 17 has already played for first team at Juventus incidentally he was born in Italy. I say this cause I initially had doubts about his age. But here is a teenager that is showing outstanding and undoubted top class at such a young age. This is the kind of class our teenagers need to show before we start calling them new Neymar or Drogba, etc.

Rumours are that Arsenal are on his radar amongst quite a few other top clubs.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:24pm On Jun 25, 2017
do4luv14:

stop the griping's it. Isn't their fault they are trying their best, what you should be asking is what had the sport minister done so far, nothing,

the point you stated can happen to any federation not jst Nff alone, they had been trying all over heir programs had been for the development of our coaches, referees, and by extension the league,

by partnering and sending our coaches out for attachment,
nut those thing need money and backing wich dey don't have, even the coaches salary had been anoda thing,

business. They keep pressing on, if I am not mistaken, AIITO is their second sponsor, after the first pull out, due to sport minister backed Giwa,

las-Las, nobody or organization is perfect

I will do my best without resorting to disrespect. Trolling me is not the way to go. This is not a case of sports minister. It is a case of a clueless NFF with little ideas as to move the nation's football forward.. I dont remember which era it was, bit i recall there was a season in which U20 played against the U23 and U20 won. And I sure as hell know it was not this pinnick Era. And the idea certainly had nothing to do with the sports ministry then. What I was talking about is all about football development @ grassroot. A well funded team in the NPFL. Funded by the FA, with the best of players, trained by an a world class or at least a coach with depyh and quality.

For the last couple of hundreds of pages , I have seen people talk about harvesting Nigerian born English talents. Truth is if England never groomed them, there wont be anything to harvest. We can call britain all manner of names but in reality, what have we invested that we think we so deserve these players? At best SPERM! We talk about Agbonlahors, Dele Allis, Solankes, Ejarias. But the question really is what have we done?

This is a time to call a spade a spade and not call it agricultural implement. When you run for leadership in a body like NFF, have plans for development. END OF STORY!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Greek Champs Olympiakos Readying N0.81 Billion Bid For Emenike

Greek Super League champions Olympiakos are reportedly in advanced talks with Fenerbahce over the signing of former Super Eagles star Emmanuel Emenike.

Matching press reports in Turkey and Greece claim The Reds have agreed personal terms with Emenike, and will lodge a two million euros (N810 million) bid for the attacker this week.

Olympiakos are in the market for a striker after the sale of Brown Ideye to Tianjin Teda in February and had already agreed a deal to sign Dieumerci Mbokani, only for the Congo star to fail a medical.

The 30-year-old Emenike has fallen out of favour at Fenerbahce, and the Turkish powerhouse are willing to bid farewell to him before the end of his contract next summer.

Sivasspor and Goztepe are among the teams keeping tabs on
his situation at the Yellow Canaries.

**Ifeanyi Emmanuel
Photo Credit : fenerbahce.org

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23536
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:55pm On Jun 25, 2017
German-Nigerian Forward Sarenren Bazee Hands Rohr Good News Ahead Cameroon Clash

Highly rated Nigerian forward Noah Joel Sarenren Bazee has posted a video of himself doing individual trainings in his bid to return to full fitness ahead of the start of the Bundesliga.

Bazee plays for newly promoted Bundesliga side Hannover 96, but injury badly interrupted his season last time out as his team secured promotion to the top flight in Germany.

The injury also cost him the chance to make his debut with the senior national team of Nigeria after committing his international future to Nigeria ahead of Germany, where he was born.

Judging by the video he posted on Facebook, it’s clear to see he has recovered from the injury setback he suffered towards the end of last season, and the 20 year old can now finally fulfil the potentials that made Arsenal try to sign him before the end of the last season.

” Noah is hot on preparations after a long time, he can train completely painless for the first time”, Florian Goll who handles his fitness regime said in an interview on Sportbuzzer.

Speaking in the same vein, Bazee who could make his debut for Nigeria against Cameroon in the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers as he already has a Nigerian passport says he is eager and ready to prove himself in the Bundesliga.

” I have been in special training for a week now and I work twice a day with my personal coach in the gym and on the pitch. It makes me eager to enter the stadium again, especially as it will be in the Bundesliga “, he said.

” I’m really hot about measuring myself with the best of Germany, if not Europe”. He concluded.

**Ade Emmanuel

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/25/german-nigerian-forward-sarenren-bazee-hands-rohr-good-news-ahead-cameroon-clash/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (16094) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, Kingjite1, enlady(f) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.