Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,297 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1286) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11580427 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bossto(m): 4:35pm On Aug 17, 2017
kennysville:
Abeg O ye people, where is SuperNerd? If him dey vex, make we all go appease am O! Where u dey bruh? Seriously, we miss ya.
You are on point broh....it's been ages i saw his comments here!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Actually, the player's name is Samuel Okon.

Icon4s:

The last time I heard about Edwin Okon he was about to get married.

Zaharadeen Bello is with Kano Pillars.

The defenders from that FIFA U17 WC crop have not progressed well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AndreTAyodeji(m): 4:46pm On Aug 17, 2017
tbaba1234:

Austria Wien have officially announced Kayode's move to Man city:

http://twitter.com/FKAustriaWien/status/898115517701128192

Thanks for the update man,just super happy for this dude.Some folks were saying he shoulda opted for Newcastle but he would have also suffered the same fate onazi`s move to England suffered as he wont also get a work permit.People forget it was Pep himself who sanctioned his transfer after watching his videos and you know Pep wont buy a player who doesnt suit his style. Also, I dont even see the difference between Newcastle and Girona as both are coming from relegation and both can also go back to their championship so its still a win-win for Kayode.Hope he hits double-digits for them before going back to City!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
Nigeria's U15 team known as the Future Super Eagles lost by 1goal to Nil to their Moroccan counterpart in a test game Yesterday.

They are expected to play another test game Today against the Moroccans before they return Tomorrow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:32pm On Aug 17, 2017
The Whereabouts of Golden Eaglets Class of 2013
Player positions listed according to U17 World Cup

1. GK Dele Alampasu --> Feirense (Portugal First Tier)
2. MF Akinjide Idowu --> CSF Speranta (Moldova First Tier)
3. DF Aliyu Abubakar --> FC Dila Gori (Georgia First Tier)
4. MF Habib Makanjuola --> Free Agent (Last report said trials Leicester City)
5. MF Chigozie Obasi --> Osun United (Nigeria Second Tier)
6. DF Musa Muhhamed --> Baseksehir (Turkey First Tier)
7. DF Samuel Okon --> Akwa United (Nigeria First Tier)
8. DF Denis Okon Nya --> Unknown (Last report said trials Red Bull Salzburg)
9. MF Abdullahi Alfa --> FK Ventspils (Latvia First Tier)
10. FW Isaac Success --> Watford (England First Tier)
11. FW Kelechi Iheanacho --> Leicester City (England First Tier)
12. MF Musa Yahaya --> FC PortoB (Portugal Second Tier)
13. MF Saviour Godwin --> Roaselare (Belgium Second Tier)
14. DF Chidiebere Nwakali --> Sogndal (Norway First Tier)
15. DF Raymond Japhet --> Unknown (Last report said training with Ostersund FK)
16. GK Abdulazeez Abubakar --> Unknown
17. FW Chidera Ezeh --> Portimonense (Portugal Second Tier)
18 FW Taiwo Awoniyi --> Mouscron (Belgium First Tier)
19 DF Zaharadeen Bello --> Kano Pillars (Nigeria First Tier)
20 MF Baba Salihu --> Uknown
21 GK Francis Uzoho --> Deportivo Fabril (Spain Third Tier)

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2017
Joebie:

Portimonense are in the portuguese top flight this season.

Uzoho is in Deportivo first team this season.

Otherwise, good list.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:08pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yes thanks for the correction about Portimonense.

However, Uzoho has been loaned to Deportivo Fabril

Modified.
You are actually right on that as well

tbaba1234:

Portimonense are in the portuguese top flight this season.

Uzoho is in Deportivo first team this season.

Otherwise, good list.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:16pm On Aug 17, 2017
Another case we need to consider. In my opinion Fabian likes the challenge of being the first to do it with Nigeria, because in his words there are so many good players in Germany -- it's easier to win the world cup with Germany.

Germany born midfielder, Fabian Senninger has revealed that he wants to play for Nigeria’s senior national team – Super Eagles and win the World Cup.

Hannover’s 20 year old German/Nigerian right-back Fabian Senninger dreams of playing for the Super Eagles. He’s currently with the U21 team pic.twitter.com/IDx9LviWsW

— Football Naija (@Football_Naija) December 29, 2016

The 20 year old player who also plays right back stated in a recent interview.

“My father is saying I should play for Germany like my uncle, but me myself personal I want to play for Nigeria, there are so many good players in Germany and it’s easy to win the World Cup with Germany but I want to win the World Cup with Nigeria and get the first star”.

The 20 year old, who recently joined German youth side Hannover 96 from Nike Academy said his father wants him to play for Germany, like his uncle did but he wants to play for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:23pm On Aug 17, 2017
The second match between Our Future Eagles and their Moroccan counterpart ended 1-1

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
Joebie:
Actually, the player's name is Samuel Okon.
Yes but he also bears Godwin. I erroneously typed Edwin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:09pm On Aug 17, 2017
Daninya11:
Nigeria's U15 team known as the Future Super Eagles lost by 1goal to Nil to their Moroccan counterpart in a test game Yesterday.

They are expected to play another test game Today against the Moroccans before they return Tomorrow.

Was the game against the Moroccan U15 side?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
blueto:
I think the coach wants to monitor the imminent saturday and sunday games first to see the best in form players to prosecute the game.

The coach already knows his players.

I would rather say he may want to know those among his players that will remain fit (free of injuries) after the 'imminent' weekend games.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:48pm On Aug 17, 2017
Uzoho missing in Deportivo La Coruna's last 3 pre-season fixtures. Proof of official squad list below.

After more research I discovered he was among two players called up to join teammates at Deportivo Fabril for a game against Real Madrid Castilla. on their official websites:
http://www.rcdeportivo.es/noticia/edu-exposito-y-francis-en-la-lista-del-fabril-para-el-trofeo-manolo-martin?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:54pm On Aug 17, 2017
Okay I meant to say Samuel initially and not his former teammate Denis
Icon4s:

Yes but he also bears Godwin. I erroneously typed Edwin.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:59pm On Aug 17, 2017
Joebie:
Another case we need to consider. In my opinion Fabian likes the challenge of being the first to do it with Nigeria, because in his words there are so many good players in Germany -- it's easier to win the world cup with Germany.

Germany born midfielder, Fabian Senninger has revealed that he wants to play for Nigeria’s senior national team – Super Eagles and win the World Cup.

Hannover’s 20 year old German/Nigerian right-back Fabian Senninger dreams of playing for the Super Eagles. He’s currently with the U21 team pic.twitter.com/IDx9LviWsW

— Football Naija (@Football_Naija) December 29, 2016

The 20 year old player who also plays right back stated in a recent interview.

“My father is saying I should play for Germany like my uncle, but me myself personal I want to play for Nigeria, there are so many good players in Germany and it’s easy to win the World Cup with Germany but I want to win the World Cup with Nigeria and get the first star”.

The 20 year old, who recently joined German youth side Hannover 96 from Nike Academy said his father wants him to play for Germany, like his uncle did but he wants to play for Nigeria.

I remember him really well, I watched him play three games for Burnley FC U21 in the Summer of 2015. As a left back unfortunately he wasn't offered a contract.

Really nice well behaved young man, quite fast too.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
Thanks for that info. Never new he tried out in England.

Oh yes and I watched the video of when he talked about playing for Nigeria. It shows character, when he says he wants to take up the more difficult challenge as it has to do with winning the World Cup. To be the first star means he wants that special name that special or unique thing added to his resume(considering Nigeria has never won the world cup or has a slimmer chance of doing so), a decision he thinks his peers will not normally take. That's a professional decision, not necessarily that he feels more Nigerian. On the flip side he acknowledged that Germany has a lot of good players.. Let's consider this case.

komekn:

I remember him really well, I watched him play three games for Burnley FC U21 in the Summer of 2015. As a left back unfortunately he wasn't offered a contract.

Really nice well behaved and young man.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2017
Joebie:
Uzoho missing in Deportivo La Coruna's last 3 pre-season fixtures. Proof of official squad list below.

After more research I discovered he was among two players called up to join teammates at Deportivo Fabril for a game against Real Madrid Castilla. on their official websites:
http://www.rcdeportivo.es/noticia/edu-exposito-y-francis-en-la-lista-del-fabril-para-el-trofeo-manolo-martin?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

He is the Deportivo third choice keeper for the season. He will play mainly reserve team games unless there is a major injury crisis.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:17pm On Aug 17, 2017
Yes thanks for the info. He's been promoted. But he was called up for that game. Having Alampasu as 2nd choice for a first tier side, and Uzoho as a 3rd choice for a first tier side is definitely good news for us. I guess we are still scared to use them in the SE.

tbaba1234:

He is the Deportivo third choice keeper for the season. He will play mainly reserve team games unless there is a major injury crisis.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
Icon4s:

Was the game against the Moroccan U15 side?

Yh sir.
Reports has it that they were physically more imposing than our boys but our boys gave a good account of themselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Kayode in Girona

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2017
edi287:
Wrong place. Go do this on some other thread
We are used to giving them the silent treatment.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2017
wayodude:

If that's what he is after instead of playing for bigger clubs then that's good for him. But from arrival in England as a footballer (not on loan or as a youth team player) to getting your hands on a British passport would take at the very least 6 years. If Nacho signed a professional contract when he turned 18 in October 2014 (i.e this is when his work permit would have started) then the earliest date he would be eligible for a British passport would be in October 2020.So he is less than half way there. All good though, a man's got to do what he's got to do.

all the more reason he decide to stay put, befor you think it, two years is upon us,
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2017
*missing* thesupernerd
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2017
Joebie:

thanks man
if you lay your hands on 2015 sets pls give us
and i hope spotkik will not disapoint us this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:18pm On Aug 17, 2017
Onazi could not get a work permit?? That's tragic. It means very few Nigerian players can with our football ranking and failure to qualify for AFCONs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:26pm On Aug 17, 2017
A committee should be set up to look for THESUPERDERD asap,

cc: TBABAB, THEGOODJOE, SAFARIGIRL, ICON4S, JOEBIE, OPARI MASTER, WAYUDUDE, NIGERDELTABOI, ESEOSA, oya oooo

. from DO4LUV SIGNED
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:34pm On Aug 17, 2017
I will do my research on furnishing you that list sir.

I'v been checking for updates on Spotkik or at least an official statement from them

maidaboi:
thanks man
if you lay your hands on 2015 sets pls give us
and i hope spotkik will not disapoint us this season
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:36pm On Aug 17, 2017
Maybe school matter..

if you are going to tag people please do well to spell their monikers accurately, so it will notify them in form of a mention.

do4luv14:
A committee should be set up to look for THESUPERDERD asap,

cc: TBABAB, THEGOODJOE, SAFARIGIRL, ICON4S, JOEBIE, OPARI MASTER, WAYUDUDE, NIGERDELTABOI, ESEOSA, oya oooo

. from DO4LUV SIGNED
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:38pm On Aug 17, 2017
Are we not "begging" the UK now? Everything points back to developing your own so you have something to fall back to.

tbaba1234:
Onazi could not get a work permit?? That's tragic. It means very few Nigerian players can with our football ranking and failure to qualify for AFCONs
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:41pm On Aug 17, 2017
Joebie:
Maybe school matter..

if you are going to tag people please do well to spell their monikers accurately, so it will notify them in form of a mention.

yessss...... Sir.......... Ah dine hear grin cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (1283) (1284) (1285) (1286) (1287) (1288) (1289) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CaptainStephen(m), superbloke(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.