Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,336 members, 7,808,185 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1579) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11579904 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2017
Joebie:
Abi where was Ekong playing when he first got a look in by Naija?

Ehizibue has played almost every outfield position in his recent career. I think that's utility seeing him now play as a RB. That's another VicMo right there.

SE helped his career, no long talk about it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:59am On Sep 24, 2017
Kenya will no longer host next year’s CHAN, CAF invite fresh bids

By admin -
September 23, 2017, 8:19 pm

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have ruled that Kenya will no longer stage next year’s CHAN and have now called for fresh bids beginning tomorrow.

This decision followed a CAF executive committee meeting in Accra, Ghana, today.

A communiqué after the meeting said due to several delays CAF have decided to move the competition from the East African country.

The continental football governing body has therefore called for fresh bids from interested countries within the next week after which a decision will be taen on the new hosts for the tournament.

Morocco, who CAF confirmed will bid for the 2026 World Cup, are understood to be the front runners to now host the 16-team championship in January.

Nigeria are one of the qualifiers for this tournament.

As for AFCON 2019 in Cameroon, CAF are to appoint an audit firm that will inspect the facilities proposed to host the championship, which has now been expanded to feature 24 teams against the earlier 16 teams.

Morocco are also regarded as a last-minute hosts for this competition and their hosting of two major competitions in straight years could only boost their chances of hosting a 48-team World Cup in 2026.

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/09/23/kenya-will-no-longer-host-next-years-chan-caf-invite-fresh-bids/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Ability wise, Success is brilliant on the ball and also a good finisher. Watch his goal in the U20 World Cup where he made a fake short before the finish.

Against Manchester United last season, he came in for few minutes and I think completed the most dribbles on the field. He has the quality but he needs to get himself in the right atmosphere to excel.

I watched him at Granada, he was skilfull no doubt. But he's not that much clinical in front of goal.

if he really wants to play any part in next year's world cup, he should go back to Spain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Loogan(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2017
Joebie:
Abi where was Ekong playing when he first got a look in by Naija?

Ehizibue has played almost every outfield position in his recent career. I think that's utility seeing him now play as a RB. That's another VicMo right there.

I think I quite agree with you Otigba should by now be involved in the SE, ehizibue is an exciting prospect and I think he was in camp the first time they invited ebuehi, so maybe roah had made a choice on that, but I don't think he's there in terms of defensive quality and physicality to mix it in Africa, I hope he proves me wrong though.
On Otigbas spot maybe pinnick has some young dual nationality Nigerian he want there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
goldfish80:

What we called Pro league back in the 70's and 80's was nothing more than semi professional league where students played for league clubs. That was the reason why so many players of that era left Nigeria to go study in America. People like Okey Isima, Ofoje, Patrick Ekeji, Kenneth Boardman etc....

They hardly payed these guys then. They played for the love of the game and the fame that came with it. I know some of these ex players in person. Someone like Stanley Okoronkwo is actually like family. I can beat my chest and say you know little of what you're talking about.
My man u try o with d names u rolled out especially Ikechuckwu ofoje,hope u still remember Ifeanyi onyedika,Monday Eguavoen a senior bro to Austin,Augustine Igbinabairo,Osaro Obabaifo,Ndubuisi Okosieme senior bro to Nkiru of falcon fame,Taju Dusu junior bro to Tunde Dish,Waheed Akannni,Akinlotans brothers,Niyi Aderinoku(obodo) now a multi millionaire in oil and gas biz.This was d periods school boys played d league and it was fun,most find their way to US on scholarships.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 9:05am On Sep 24, 2017
Mujtahida:
Exactly two weeks to the Zambia game. Time is ticking. Mikel must go see Sharapova (abi what is his lady's name again) father ooo in Russia next year.

SHARAPOVA, grin grin grin,

you seems to hav unfinished biz with her right grin

abi nah LIM KIM him go go see cool

its OLGA bro, OLGA DELYANCHEKO

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2017
junnyjake:

I watched him at Granada, he was skilfull no doubt. But he's not that much clinical in front of goal.

if he really wants to play any part in next year's world cup, he should go back to Spain.
Success part of next year world cup?first he needs to discover his form,truly a skillful player but does skills do it alone,people championing Success are being sentimentals and are basking in d euphoria of past performance (Granada)truth be told he lacks it now and it w take a miracle for him to be in d squad going to d world cup.He is also injury prone, just like Joel Obi,no good coach want injury prone player in his team,no doubt d guy is talented but need to shape up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:54am On Sep 24, 2017
No Ehizibue requires a switch of allegiance. Whereas, Ebuehi never played for Holland's junior teams
Loogan:

I think I quite agree with you Otigba should by now be involved in the SE, ehizibue is an exciting prospect and I think he was in camp the first time they invited ebuehi, so maybe roah had made a choice on that, but I don't think he's there in terms of defensive quality and physicality to mix it in Africa, I hope he proves me wrong though.
On Otigbas spot maybe pinnick has some young dual nationality Nigerian he want there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2017
Joebie:
No Ehizibue requires a switch of allegiance. Whereas, Ebuehi never played for Holland's junior teams
If i go by icon4s,we need players who are better than d ones in d present squad,if they are not,then we should relax.If i may ask is Ehizibue better than d current players in d squad (Aina,Shehu,Ebuhei)or Nura Abdullahi who is a full Nigerian coz i believe we are covered in RB but if d guy can play CB like Felix Uduokhai or LB,then we can try him.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2017
junnyjake:

SE helped his career, no long talk about it.
Yes Super Eagles made Ekong.I remember Oshaniwa case,thegoodjoe said some player need national team to grow or to boost their career while some don't need it,watching Olympics and compared with what he offer now,SE is a blessings to Ekong.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:45am On Sep 24, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
Kenya will no longer host next year’s CHAN, CAF invite fresh bids

By admin -
September 23, 2017, 8:19 pm

The Confederation of African Football (CAF) have ruled that Kenya will no longer stage next year’s CHAN and have now called for fresh bids beginning tomorrow.

This decision followed a CAF executive committee meeting in Accra, Ghana, today.

A communiqué after the meeting said due to several delays CAF have decided to move the competition from the East African country.

The continental football governing body has therefore called for fresh bids from interested countries within the next week after which a decision will be taen on the new hosts for the tournament.

Morocco, who CAF confirmed will bid for the 2026 World Cup, are understood to be the front runners to now host the 16-team championship in January.

Nigeria are one of the qualifiers for this tournament.

As for AFCON 2019 in Cameroon, CAF are to appoint an audit firm that will inspect the facilities proposed to host the championship, which has now been expanded to feature 24 teams against the earlier 16 teams.

Morocco are also regarded as a last-minute hosts for this competition and their hosting of two major competitions in straight years could only boost their chances of hosting a 48-team World Cup in 2026.

http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2017/09/23/kenya-will-no-longer-host-next-years-chan-caf-invite-fresh-bids/

I am really having doubts over Cameroon's ability to host the 24 teams 2019 AFCON as this will require at least 6 match venues.

And if CAF wants to be hosting the 24 teams AFCON every two years it will get to a point where they would be searching for hosts. Tell me how many African countries that can produce 6 standard match venues. Except if they can consider the co-hosting strategy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:46am On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
If i go by icon4s,we need players who are better than d ones in d present squad,if they are not,then we should relax.If i may ask is Ehizibue better than d current players in d squad (Aina,Shehu,Ebuhei)or Nura Abdullahi who is a full Nigerian coz i believe we are covered in RB but if d guy can play CB like Felix Uduokhai or LB,then we can try him.

True bro.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 10:53am On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

I am really having doubts over Cameroon's ability to host the 24 teams 2019 AFCON as this will require at least 6 match venues.

And if CAF wants to be hosting the 24 teams AFCON every two years it will get to a point where they would be searching for hosts. Tell me how many African countries that can produce 6 standard match venues. Except if they can consider the co-hosting strategy.
the whole North African countries, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Zambia and Angola can afford it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2017
terzurum5:
"The New Super Eagles Thread: Russia 2018 World Cup and The Dawn of a New Era (The Next Golden Generation)".
Attention to u gurus in d house, just saw another thread by SuperNerd tagged d rise of Nigeria next's golden generation ..... ..... .....

Honestly am not against d thread,good to have different threads on Nigeria football but my concerns was i w not be happy if what am thinking was what led to d creation of d thread (disagreemens here)if it's, then what do we say about forgiveness who people tagged tribal for expressing his opinions.

I hope SuperNerd comes back.According to Michael2, nobody is irreplaceable but we need a great bond here irrespective where we all come from and make things work.

Pls henceforth no matter d provocation, don't let us descend so low and attack our parents,is nauseating and absurd.

CC:guys in d house

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:08am On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Attention to u gurus in d house, just saw another thread by SuperNerd tagged d rise of golden generation ..... ..... .....

Honestly am not against d thread,good to have different threads on Nigeria football but my concerns was i w not be happy if what am thinking was what led to d creation of d thread (disagreemens here)if it's, then what do we say about forgiveness who people tagged tribal for expressing his opinions.

I hope SuperNerd comes back.According to Michael2, nobody is irreplaceable but we need a great bond here irrespective where we all come from and make things work.

Pls henceforth no matter d provocation, don't let us descend so low and attack our parents,is nauseating and absurd.

these things you guys are saying is hitting me somehow. TheSuperNerd started all the insults, I swear I was shocked when even theGoodJoe and Safarigirl countered him openly(for the first time ever), and quite frankly he has a habit of having a go at just about everybody and he enjoys it. I am not saying the guy was right to have called his mom, absolutely bad for sure but that was in self-defence and even in a law court,anything done out of self-defence is pardonable. If he creates a new thread then that is just childish but good for him, we have better things to talk about. Abi no be forgiveness wey we call tribalist not long ago? Didn't he himself tag me a hater while theGoodJoe has been calling me a babylonian since? We accept insults from him and act like men so if he wants to act like a baby then fine and good, okwu a enweghi isi at all at all

7 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:09am On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
the whole North African countries, Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, Zambia and Angola can afford it

Take out Ghana and Zambia. And from the North African list take out Libya and Sudan. How many are left? Nigeria will also struggle to put together 6 AFCON standard stadiums.

CAF should consider AFCON once in 4 years as this will give enough time to the hosting countries to put together their facilities and also increase the excitement, expectations and glamour. Alternatively co-hosting option can be considered.

Consequently the WC qualifiers can be expanded to accommodate almost all the CAF nations in a bid to keep them busy as they wait for the AFCON every 4 years.

This is how it is done in Europe and South America.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:16am On Sep 24, 2017
That's a good standard. But why the talk of full Nigerian? Is he not even more Nigerian than Ebuehi who is biracial.
Ehizibue is probably better than Shehu, Ebuehi. And who knows maybe even Aina. Do we urgently need another RB? Maybe not. But Ehizibue can bring even more to the team.
Kog45:
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Gbam.
Icon4s:

Take out Ghana and Zambia. And from the North African list take out Libya and Sudan. How many are left? Nigeria will also struggle to put together 6 AFCON standard stadiums.

CAF should consider AFCON once in 4 years as this will give enough time to the hosting countries to put together their facilities and also increase the excitement, expectations and glamour. Alternatively co-hosting option can be considered.

Consequently the WC qualifiers can be expanded to accommodate almost all the CAF nations in a bid to keep them busy as they wait for the AFCON every 4 years.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:25am On Sep 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Zambia has better stadiums than Nigeria. Ghana has stadiums and have the finance to build more
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 24, 2017
Just saw supernerd's new thread.

I'm not really against it though but its way too chidish.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Mickael2:

these things you guys are saying is hitting me somehow. TheSuperNerd started all the insults, I swear I was shocked when even theGoodJoe and Safarigirl countered him openly(for the first time ever), and quite frankly he has a habit of having a go at just about everybody and he enjoys it. I am not saying the guy was right to have called his mom, absolutely bad for sure but that was in self-defence and even in a law court,anything done out of self-defence is pardonable. If he creates a new thread then that is just childish but good for him, we have better things to talk about. Abi no be forgiveness wey we call tribalist not long ago? Didn't he himself tag me a hater while theGoodJoe has been calling me a babylonian since? We accept insults from him and act like men so if he wants to act like a baby then fine and good, okwu a enweghi isi at all at all
please, let none of us grace that thread with his presence. I think virtually every one of us at one point or another has been insulted on thus thread badly. I have cried after collecting insults on vthis thread, I have taken a hiatus and I have returned many times. So, why does he want to be a baby?

Let him do whatever he damn pleases and be king of his own land. Only a foolish man sees corrections as condemnations. If he continues with such attitude, even that thread won't last.

None of us should give him the pleasure of our presence. That was a very disrespectful thing to do to the pioneers of this thread and he should be ashamed of himself

Cc icon4s, joseph1013, thegoodjoe, robosky02, kog45, Joebie, Omanbala1, Terzurun5, danycrusoe, certitude and every other member of this thread

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:34am On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
Zambia has better stadiums than Nigeria. Ghana has stadiums and have the finance to build more
Ghana has stadiums? Have you watched their home games in these World Cup Qualifiers? Please, where are they hiding these stadiums? Because the ones I have been seeing are abysmal at best
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:40am On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]My man u try o with d names u rolled out especially Ikechuckwu ofoje,hope u still remember Ifeanyi onyedika,Monday Eguavoen a senior bro to Austin,Augustine Igbinabairo,Osaro Obabaifo,Ndubuisi Okosieme senior bro to Nkiru of falcon fame,Taju Dusu junior bro to Tunde Dish,Waheed Akannni,Akinlotans brothers,Niyi Aderinoku(obodo) now a multi millionaire in oil and gas biz.This was d periods school boys played d league and it was fun,most find their way to US on scholarships.
You're so on point. Most of these guys left for the US on scholarship programmes. The league back then was semi professional. Players moved from various clubs with little or no documentation. I listened to John Mastroudes the other day talk about how he poached Abiola babes captain Ekpo. Players basically moved between clubs by mere word of the mouth and promise of a 2 bedroom flat.
Forgiveness know very little of what he's talking about.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:41am On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
please, let none of us grace that thread with his presence. I think virtually every one of us at one point or another has been insulted on thus thread badly. I have cried after collecting insults on vthis thread, I have taken a hiatus and I have returned many times. So, why does he want to be a baby?

Let him do whatever he damn pleases and be king of his own land. Only a foolish man sees corrections as condemnations. If he continues with such attitude, even that thread won't last.

None of us should give him the pleasure of our presence. That was a very disrespectful thing to do to the pioneers of this thread and he should be ashamed of himself

Cc icon4s, joseph1013, thegoodjoe, robosky02, kog45, Joebie, Omanbala1, Terzurun5, danycrusoe, certitude and every other member of this thread
My sister i dey surprise o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:46am On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Yes Super Eagles made Ekong.I remember Oshaniwa case,thegoodjoe said some player need national team to grow or to boost their career while some don't need it,watching Olympics and compared with what he offer now,SE is a blessings to Ekong.

Even Ekong is not yet the finished product. He still have a long way to go. He is lacking in some areas which could be exposed by more detailed opponents.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 11:48am On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
Zambia has better stadiums than Nigeria?this is d first time am hearing this,honestly i don't know,pls can u tell me more about Zambia stadiums.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
Ghana has stadiums? Have you watched their home games in these World Cup Qualifiers? Please, where are they hiding these stadiums? Because the ones I have been seeing are abysmal at best
Ghana have stadiums all they need to do is to renovate and upgrade the turf
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:50am On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Attention to u gurus in d house, just saw another thread by SuperNerd tagged d rise of Nigeria next's golden generation ..... ..... .....

My brother I understand perfectly the angle from which you are looking at it.

But the thing is we are all adults here. Also we are all young men and women. I don't think any of us here is above 50years old. It means we are all youths and things like these are expected where young people come together to discuss.

I must honestly commend forumites here on how we have managed to conduct ourselves all these years here.

We have disagreed and agreed over a million issues here. Some of us have formed permanent allies and some have become permanent enemies.

Insults keep wearing it's ugly head sporadically and with time we calm down and then move on.

We have called ourselves names here: hater, tribalist, conservatist, Babylonian, anti-foreign born, non-patriotic, etc but never has anybody's mother or father been insulted here. No matter what the grievance is it is not worth the mention of our parents for insults.

Now I don't care whether TheSuperNerd started the insults or not, he has every right to feel the way he feels.

On the issue of he opening a new thread, whether it be as a fall out of what happened yesterday or not, nairaland is a free place where you chose to visit or create any thread you so chose or not. If he chooses to only post on the thread he has created and not here so be it.

And if you chose to visit his thread or not the choice is yours. But one thing I know is nature has a way of settling things out and this one will not be different.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bayulll011(m): 11:51am On Sep 24, 2017
safarigirl:
they did not lose one match...they have lost many. They are in danger of getting relegated and he will get sacked before the season ends if they continue like this

u 're just sentimental cos of Nija boys there.

shakspare is a good coach.

the season just start biko
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zuchyblink(m): 11:52am On Sep 24, 2017
Kog45:
Zambia has better stadiums than Nigeria?this is d first time am hearing this,honestly i don't know,pls can u tell me more about Zambia stadiums.
my dear if you follow Zambian league you will be marvelled at the quality of stadiums they have
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:01pm On Sep 24, 2017
zuchyblink:
Ghana have stadiums all they need to do is to renovate and upgrade the turf
those turfs I saw are worse than the ones found in LEA Primary schools, they will need more than upgrades and renovations

(1) (2) (3) ... (1576) (1577) (1578) (1579) (1580) (1581) (1582) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: poshemmanuel(m), lordofstrings, TheSuperNerd(m), dijon, humility33(m), immobilare(m), Samueldodo781(m), joxxy01(m), Samueltemi337(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.