Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,811 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (377) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11526829 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (16094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hey guys... I gotta tell ya... I am also really impressed with Tosin Adarabioyo tonight.

Gosh! This is a second-string City team and Nacho is producing this performance? Wow!!!

*smiles*

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:11pm On Dec 06, 2016
A good for Iheanacho today was critical for his confidence.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:12pm On Dec 06, 2016
Loooollllll..... He had always found the right net naa... That moment against the Parisiens was just unfortunate. tongue

safarigirl:
Thank God Iwobi found the right net this time tongue
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=safarigirl post=51697852]Thank God Iwobi found the right net this

Yeah. I hope PSG lose to Ludrogrets tonight so that Arsenal can top the group to save our Iwobi from the tantrums thrown to him by Arsenal fans.

I actually saw Iheanancho scoring today in my dream last night. Lols
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 06, 2016
terzurum5:
MTNF Nigeria Premier League 2016/2017 Belgium
Wilfred Ndidi discussing personal terms with Leicester City - Confidant

Leicester City-bound Wilfred Ndidi (right) with his foster family in Belgium

by Samm Audu

Genk star Wilfred Ndidi is now discussing personal terms with Premier League club Leicester City after his Belgian club agreed a fee for his transfer in January.

Leicester have reportedly agreed to splash out over 18 million pounds including add-ons for the Nigeria international midfielder.

The former Nath Boys of Lagos star is seen as a direct replacement for N’Golo Kante, who quit the Premier League champions for Chelsea in the summer.

“Ndidi told me that both Leicester and Genk have agreed a transfer fee and he is now discussing his personal terms,” a source close to the player revealed.

“The discussions have been going well and the contract with the English club will change Ndidi’s life forever.”

It’s a big jump for the former Nigeria U17 and U20 star, who has been staying with foster parents since he moved to Belgium two years ago.

The 19-year-old central defender-turned-defensive midfielder has made 17 appearances in the league this season for Genk.

Last season, he played 38 league games and scored four goals.

mtnfootball.com/news/669436/Wilfred-Ndidi-discussing-personal-terms-with-Leicester-City-Confidant

Leicester will be the team to beat in this year's Champions league.
Wilfred Ndidi will play a huge part to that effect.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 10:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
[quote author=Daninya11 post=51698336][/quote]
*smiles*
but y didn't u share ur dream earlier today-we for add u to d oracles wey de here. Anyway good for d lads. Make Musa too come do im own tomorow.

But wait, where is Baba Icon4s? His boys are running riot... Hoping for Lud.to hang on till d final whistle.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 10:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
tbaba1234:
Does anyone remember the original super mario? Mario Jardel... Great scorer but could not make the brazilian team at the time
Even Giovane Eiber could not translate his goal scoring form in club to international games... Ronaldo de lima was really the one pulling the strings for his country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
Icon79:

How in the world did Isaac Success made this list when the bobo has hardly played in the EPL so far?

What am I missing?

He was top 10 in Spain and his cameos in England have shown his quality.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kelechi did not play too well but it was a good run-out. With a few more games, he will be back to his best then Aguero will send him back to the bench.

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
tbaba1234:
Does anyone remember the original super mario? Mario Jardel... Great scorer but could not make the brazilian team at the time
I Was more interested in his super model sister Jordania Jardel. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Kelechi Iheanacho – 7.5

Kelechi put in a good performance, highlighted by his superb finish in the 8th minute. One thing which worries many City fans is the Nigerian’s link-up play, but those worries were put to bed today, as Kelechi did a good job of linking midfield and attack.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/12/06/manchester-city-1-1-celtic-player-ratings/

Why Shall I Not Shy. Yara Yara cover your eyes too.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39pm On Dec 06, 2016
Exactly the game I watched....

Kelechi did really good today.

TheGoodJoe:
Kelechi Iheanacho – 7.5

Kelechi put in a good performance, highlighted by his superb finish in the 8th minute. One thing which worries many City fans is the Nigerian’s link-up play, but those worries were put to bed today, as Kelechi did a good job of linking midfield and attack.

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2016/12/06/manchester-city-1-1-celtic-player-ratings/

Why Shall I Not Shy. Yara Yara cover your eyes too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:45am On Dec 07, 2016
Iheanacho's ratings vs Celtic with ManCity's second-string side.

Note: He can do more and will get better with even more games thanks to Aguero's suspension-induced absence YET AGAIN....

»»Daily Record UK- Iheanacho: 8

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/manchester-city-vs-celtic-player-9406110
»»Mirror UK- Iheanacho: 8

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-1-1-celtic-9406326

»»MEN, Manchester Evening News- Iheanacho: 7

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-player-ratings-celtic-12283214

»»Daily Mail UK- Iheanacho: 7

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4006318/Manchester-City-1-1-Celtic-Patrick-Roberts-strike-home-parent-club-earns-Brendan-Rodgers-point-Kelechi-Iheanacho-equaliser.html

Kelechi has started again now ooo... As usual, we know when Kun returns, it matters not If Kelechi scores 100goals in 5matches... Kun will start... grin isn't that right Sir TheGoodJoe? wink

Anyway, Keep it rolling Kelechi..... "The Alien Kid" smiley

P.S: Sir TheGoodJoe... I wonder what Pep thinks of Patrick Roberts after watching him send Clichy to the cleaners on two or three occasions including that first goal.

Tonight, in that game, was all about the Man City EDS. smiley I think Roberts can be better than Navas and even Sterling in the long run. Rodgers' work with him is quite impressive so far.

Anyway, Glad for the twin leaders of the new/rising "potential" golden generation of Nigerian football and The Super Eagles brand...... Alex and Kelechi smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:22am On Dec 07, 2016
I think if kelechi is consistent in this his celebration style... it will be a thing to remember him for just like c. Ronaldo, sturridge dance, who are consistent with their goal celebrations..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:50am On Dec 07, 2016
AIG07:

*smiles*
but y didn't u share ur dream earlier today-we for add u to d oracles wey de here. Anyway good for d lads. Make Musa too come do im own tomorow.

But wait, where is Baba Icon4s? His boys are running riot... Hoping for Lud.to hang on till d final whistle.

I dey. I was more fixed on the Bas vs Ars and PSG vs Lud game. I only saw Iheanacho's goal during HT reviews. Good for the boys. They can at least build their confidence back from there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:52am On Dec 07, 2016
tbaba1234:

Adarabioyo, decent, potentially one for the future if he is interested in playing for Nigeria.

Adarabioyo only on monday reiterated his preference to play for England.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:56am On Dec 07, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Iheanacho's ratings vs Celtic with ManCity's second-string side.

Note: He can do more and will get better with even more games thanks to Aguero's suspension-induced absence YET AGAIN....

»»Daily Record UK- Iheanacho: 8

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/manchester-city-vs-celtic-player-9406110
»»Mirror UK- Iheanacho: 8

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-1-1-celtic-9406326

»»MEN, Manchester Evening News- Iheanacho: 7

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-player-ratings-celtic-12283214

»»Daily Mail UK- Iheanacho: 7

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4006318/Manchester-City-1-1-Celtic-Patrick-Roberts-strike-home-parent-club-earns-Brendan-Rodgers-point-Kelechi-Iheanacho-equaliser.html

Kelechi has started again now ooo... As usual, we know when Kun returns, it matters not If Kelechi scores 100goals in 5matches... Kun will start... grin isn't that right Sir TheGoodJoe? wink

Anyway, Keep it rolling Kelechi..... "The Alien Kid" smiley

P.S: Sir TheGoodJoe... I wonder what Pep thinks of Patrick Roberts after watching him send Clichy to the cleaners on two or three occasions including that first goal.

Tonight, in that game, was all about the Man City EDS. smiley I think Roberts can be better than Navas and even Sterling in the long run. Rodgers' work with him is quite impressive so far.

Anyway, Glad for the twin leaders of the new/rising "potential" golden generation of Nigerian football and The Super Eagles brand...... Alex and Kelechi smiley

Good for Roberts. He has a bright future ahead of him. It is up to Guardiola to see what he can offer with the special ones on loan. Players like Denayer and Chidi Nwakali.

We hope to see more chances for the young players.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:23am On Dec 07, 2016
Icon4s:

Adarabioyo only on monday reiterated his preference to play for England.

Well, he is not yet good enough to play for either one..

I hope, he will not make a U-turn when it becomes obvious that England chance is not possible.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:18am On Dec 07, 2016
AF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Turkey
Lazio get new FIFA deadline to pay Ogenyi Onazi

Ogenyi Onazi

World football governing body FIFA have now given Serie A side Lazio till December 9 to pay Nigeria international Ogenyi Onazi his outstanding wages or face their wrath, the player has revealed.

FIFA earlier gave Lazio till November 29 to pay up, but the Serie A team asked the football governing body to send the letter in Italian.

"Lazio have now been given till December 9 by FIFA to respond to my letter asking for my wages,” Onazi disclosed.

"This was because Lazio said they need to translate the letter forwarded to them in English to Italian."

Lazio did not pay the midfielder for the last two months of his contract before he moved to Turkey in the summer.

By Olusola Alao

africanfootball.com/news/668673/Lazio-get-new-FIFA-deadline-to-pay-Ogenyi-Onazi

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:41am On Dec 07, 2016
Iwobi Scores Landmark Goal With First Ever Champions League Strike – Arsenal Confirms

The first ever champions league goal scored by Arsenal 20 year old Nigerian forward Alex Iwobi is a landmark goal for Arsenal in the year 2016.

Iwobi who scored an own goal in the previous tie against PSG, which ended 2-2 and almost killed off any chance of Arsenal finishing top of the goal rounded up a comprehensive 4-0 win for Arsenal with the fourth goal for the Gunners.

Arsenal were cruising at 3-0, when Iwobi started and finished off a move by tapping in Mesut Ozil well timed short cross in the 53rd minute, a goal that ended up as Arsenal’s 100th goal of 2016.

The win also helped the Gunners go top of the group after Ludogorets Razgard shock 2-2 draw away to French giants PSG.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/07/iwobi-scores-landmark-goal-with-first-ever-champions-league-strike-arsenal-confirms/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:45am On Dec 07, 2016
Iheanacho React To UCL Goal And The Task Of Filling In For Aguero

Kelechi Iheanacho says he is ready to carry the burden of Manchester City goal scoring responsibilities in the absence of Argentine forward Sergio Kun Aguero.

Iheanacho could now start in the Premier League clash with Leicester City at the weekend as Aguero begins a suspension for his two-footed tackle on Chelsea’s David Luiz at the weekend.

The Argentina international will also miss the games against Watford, Arsenal and Hull City before returning for the trip to face Liverpool at Anfield on Dec. 31.

“I have a responsibility to be the striker for the team, replacing Sergio when he is not around,” Iheanacho told reporters. “I have to prove myself, give my best and work hard for the team and make sure we get the wins we need.”

City were already assured a second-placed finish in Group C and manager Pep Guardiola took the opportunity to rest a number of his first-team players and gave starts to some younger members of his squad.

Iheanacho was delighted with his eighth-minute strike, but said he was disappointed not to win despite their being nothing riding on the result.

“It was a tough game today,” he added. “They are a very good side with quality players. We are pleased to get the draw but it wasn’t the result we were looking for.

“It was a great goal and a good response from our team collectively. I thank my teammates because they put the effort in to give me the ball to score.”

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/07/iheanacho-react-to-ucl-goal-and-the-task-of-filling-in-for-aguero/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:47am On Dec 07, 2016
Guardiola Thumbs Up Iheanacho – He Will Replace Aguero With Ease

Coach of Manchester City Pep Guardiola has praised the impact of Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho in his team 1-1 draw with Celtic in the UEFA Champions League.

The Nigerian forward drew City level with a well hit strike four minutes after Patrick Roberts has given Celtic the lead at the Etihad, and in Sergio Aguero’s absence he is expected to lead the line for City.

However Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola insists Kelechi Iheanacho is under no pressure to up his game during Sergio Aguero’s four-match suspension.

Aguero was sent off for a high and late challenge on Chelsea defender David Luiz during Saturday’s 3-1 Premier League defeat to leaders Chelsea.

Having already served a three-match ban earlier in the season, the Argentina international was dealt a more severe punishment this time around.

Aguero’s absence could see Iheanacho asked to lead the line in matches against Leicester City, Watford, Arsenal and Hull City.

But Guardiola has moved to deflect any pressure from the 20-year-old, who has scored 13 goals in 18 starts for City.

“There is no pressure on Kelechi Iheanacho, he just has to do his job,” Guardiola is quoted as saying by BBC Sport.

owngoalnigeria.com/2016/12/07/guardiola-thumbs-up-iheanacho-he-will-replace-aguero-with-ease/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 7:51am On Dec 07, 2016
Can we now trust P. Guadiola Time will tell....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:11am On Dec 07, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
long time dear, hope you're good

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:23am On Dec 07, 2016
Orkpekyandega:
Welcome. Good to have you back. One of our news.poster

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:30am On Dec 07, 2016
tbaba1234:

Consistency..
Babaginda consistent than Musa?I disagreed and i have my facts to disagree.

Tijani career spanned for 10 years in d eagles with 36 appearance and 5 goals

Musa is in 7th years with 61 appearances and 11 goals,this shows Tijani was not even regular,then where is d consistency.

Tijani club career appearance 249 with 76 goals,won league once with Ajax,KNVB cup twice and Turkish cup once

Musa club career so far,appearance 213 with 64 goals,won league thrice with cska Moscow,one Russian cup and two Russian super cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:58am On Dec 07, 2016
safarigirl:
long time dear, hope you're good
Am good just like you 1st Lady
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
Kog45:
Babaginda consistent than Musa?I disagreed and i have my facts to disagree.

Tijani career spanned for 10 years in d eagles with 36 appearance and 5 goals

Musa is in 7th years with 61 appearances and 11 goals,this shows Tijani was not even regular,then where is d consistency.

Tijani club career appearance 249 with 76 goals,won league once with Ajax,KNVB cup twice and Turkish cup once

Musa club career so far,appearance 213 with 64 goals,won league thrice with cska Moscow,one Russian cup and two Russian super cup.

I do not know when goals became the criteria for wingers especially in a Super Eagles teams that had so many potential scorers. You also failed to include that Musa played as a striker several times for CSKA and his stats are not that much better the Tijani. Tijani was purely a winger.

I can not remember a bad game for Tijani, point blank but I can remember several that Musa was frustrating.

Tijani was not always a starter in a star-studded Super Eagles team.

Musa will struggle to get into that team on his best day, he is even struggling to start nowadays with Simon Moses, what if he was dealing with Finidi.

To grade consistency, we need average performance rankings and more detailed statistics. Finidi George was not a scorer either but he created far more goals.

Would you say, Musa is more consistent because he scored more than Finidi?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2016
MTNF Nigeria 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers - Africa Belgium
LeicesterCity-bound Ndidi, Onyekuru rated among top stars in Belgium

Ndidi (right) with Genk teammate Leon Bailey. Both are named among the top talents in Belgium by Instat

by Samm Audu

Nigeria’s Wilfred Ndidi and Henry Onyekuru have been rated among the best players in the 2016-2017 half-term scoring report by top scouting agency Instat.

Ndidi, 19, is on the verge of joining Premier League champions Leicester in January on a reported fee that could go up to 18.6 million pounds.

He has made 17 appearances in the league this season for Genk, while last season, he played 38 league games and scored four goals.

The Instat scouting report nicknamed Ndidi ‘African Warrior’ and said he averages seven tackles a game.

The report read in part: “Wilfred is a tall player with good coordination and jumping. His abilities make it possible to use him on three positions while he prefers to play in the midfield.

“I can use my energy most effectively and spend more time with the ball as I am in the midfield,” Ndidi says.

“The African player is extremely tenacious in tackling (7 tackles per match). If his opponent failed to accelerate while Ndidi is going to close him down - he does not stand any chance to keep the ball.

“He moves properly between the flanks and timely covers the directions of through and lob passes (seven interceptions).

“However, Wilfred is not so good to cover gaps between the defenders as he does not always manage to do it in time. If his team controls the ball, Wilfred stays behind his teammates to control possible counterattacks.

“Defense is not the only area where Ndidi can act. After he tackles the ball, he takes immediate decisions, with clear confidence under pressure. He sees open teammates and passes them the ball at once.

“He can make excellent penetrating and diagonal passes.

“In addition, Wilfred joins his team’s attacks and makes hardest long shots like those he scored against Athletic, Anderlecht, and Brugge (this one was the best goal of the last season). He is also effective in the air, making him extremely useful at set pieces.

“Thanks to his universal capabilities and other advantages, several European top clubs have started to track his performance. If Wilfred Ndidi continues to develop his tactics and technique, he will be prepared to join a major club very soon.”

Compatriot Onyekuru has been going great guns at AS Eupen, who won promotion from the lower league this season.

The 19-year-old forward has scored seven goals in 17 appearances for Eupen amid rumours he is wanted by several top European clubs.

Other top stars in Belgium include Sofiane Hanni, Yoeri Tielemans, leander Dendoncker (Anderlecht), Leon Bailey (Genk), Landry Nany Dimata (Ostende) and Abdoulay Diaby (Club Brugge).

mtnfootball.com/news/669602/Leicester-City-bound-Ndidi-Onyekuru-rated-among-top-stars-in-Belgium

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
MTNF Nigeria Benin
NFF boss Amaju Pinnick seeks CAF executive seat

President of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Amaju Pinnick has formally submitted his nomination to contest for a seat on the executive committee of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) in March 2017.

Top CAF sources informed that the nomination papers of the NFF boss have been received.

Ghana Football Association (GFA) Kwesi Nyantakyi and Anjorin Moucharafou of Benin FA are the incumbent representatives of Zone 3 (Zone West B), which covers Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Togo, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire and Niger as well.

Nyantakyi is also on the FIFA council.

He will be open for re-election on March 16, 2017.

It would also be recalled that Pinnick, who is in his first term as NFF boss, was not endorsed for the September elections into the FIFA council, which got Nyantakyi to be among the decision makers of the world football governing body.

Former NFF presidents Ibrahim Galadima and Aminu Maigari have in recent times failed to be elected on the CAF executive committee.

Amos Adamu was the last Nigerian to seat on the CAF executive committee by November 2010 before he was slapped a three-year ban by FIFA for breaching bribery rules following a sting operation by The Sunday Times of UK.

mtnfootball.com/news/669807/NFF-boss-Amaju-Pinnick-seeks-CAF-executive-seat
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2016
yeah his play back to goal was a bit of while his passing was sloppy a times but mheenn dude has got mad explosive pace. took his goal well too thunder dey for the boy left leg. funny your point about him being sent back to the bench by aguero even when he gets back to his best. iheanacho can keep posting good to great performances to make it difficult for the coach to drop him. i'm confident with the next string of games he will get his mojo back.

tbaba1234:
Kelechi did not play too well but it was a good run-out. With a few more games, he will be back to his best then Aguero will send him back to the bench.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 2:46pm On Dec 07, 2016
MTNF Nigeria China PR
Nigeria'sAdegbenro, Leke James, Fred Friday scouted for top talents of Norway

Samuel Adegbenro has attracted interests from outside Norway after a great season at Viking

by Samm Audu

Top scouting agency Instat has named three Nigeria stars, Samuel Adegbenro, Leke James and Fred Friday, among the top stars for the past season in Norway.

Both James and Friday have already made good the huge promise they have shown in Norway by moving on to China and Netherlands before the season ended.

Adegbenro, who has a four-year contract at Viking, is an explosive attacking midfielder who averaged six successful dribbles last season and he has also caught the interest of clubs outside Norway.

Here are excerpts of the Instat Scouting report on the three players –

SAMUEL ADEGBENRO
“Samuel is a young attacking midfielder able to play on both wings. At the beginning of last year the Nigerian moved to Norway and in one season he has become irreplaceable player for Viking first-team.

“After he achieved significant progress, the African talent has attracted attention of scouts from all over Europe.

“Adegbenro is well-built from the physical point of view; due to this the midfielder is effective in challenges, winning aerial balls. The Nigerian possesses powerful acceleration and high speed that allows him to make box-to-box runs with the ball.

“Samuel is different from other pacey Africans due to high-quality ball control. In attacking zones he is moving zigzag making defenders’ task significantly more difficult.

“Last season he made 6 successful dribbles per game on average. When he gets to the goal-line, Samuel prefers to make low crosses, but the player more often cuts inside, threatening the opposition from there.

“The midfielder takes powerful shots with both feet and is able to finish with his first touch. Due to his stamina Adegbenro contributes much to the defensive side of the game. He helps full-back, not only closing down opposition wide players, but also blocking possible passing directions.

“Samuel is young; he is progressing rapidly and has successfully adapted to Europe. Due to being one-footed, he is often predictable and sometimes spends too much time trying to trap the ball to his right foot.

“Explosive acceleration and work-rate of the Nigerian will be helpful for counterattacking teams which put emphasis on fast transition from defense to attack.

“The player is popular not only in his home country, but in Norway as well. Local media reports predict him bright future in European top leagues. Samuel possesses quite humble self-image. He thanks God for his success in social networks, and shows quite serious attitude to religion.”

LEKE JAMES
“Powerful and agile forward — Actions in finishing phase View — Heading View — Use of dribbling View Leke James arrived in Norway straight from Nigerian team Julius Berger.

“He adapted to the new league quite fast and last season he played in all fixtures without being substituted.

“Leke stands out for consistent record scoring in every second game.

“James is an athletic footballer with excellent anthropometrical parameters. He possesses goodacceleration and pace for a player of his size. He is constantly involved into challenges including aerial duels.“One of Leke’s main strengths is his ability to battle for aerial balls. Due to strong body and proper positioning James wins most of them. He is able to jumpover defender from behind. The player can make precise nods. He is helpful during set-piece situations both in own and opposition penalty area. “Forward moves across the whole width of the pitch actively offering himself for a pass. He can keep control under pressure using tricks, movements to the opposite side or knocking the ball forward.

"Exchanges passes quickly and sends his partners into free areas. When he has areas in front of himself, Leke uses wide steps moving onto the wing and delivering crosses into the penalty area. James likes and has the ability to open at high speed behind defenders’ backs.

“He has good reflexes, it allows him to follow actions in attacking zones quickly. Often picks up neutral balls bouncing in the opposition area.

“Leke gets first to crosses or pushes through the opponent fighting for the ball. He is right-footed player, but he can shoot with his left one when it’s necessary. These a forward aimed at goal. Most of his shots are placed into corners.

"His set of skills allows coaches to use James in any tactical model. He is especially useful in situations when the team needs to move into the opposition half. James always tries to grab the ball and keep possession.

"But he has tendency to hold the ball too long under pressure while playing with his back to the goal. Moreover, he is a player of changing mood; it affects his activity in particular fixtures.

“At the same time, Leke is quite an ambitious person. Once, after having scored 2 goals in 5 matches, he continued to be unhappy with his results."

FRED FRIDAY
“Fred is a product of Bujoc Football Club from Lagos, similar to his teammate Bonke Innocent.

“In summer 2013 at the age of 18 he signed his first professional contract with Lillestrøm and became a player of its youth team.

“After completion of all steps and adaptation in Norway, Friday became main squad player.

“This is a versatile player of attacking group. He is capable of playing in different positions as a central or second forward.

“This footballer has excellent natural anthropometry. He is very muscular and stays firmly on his feet. Friday properly uses his torso and push opponents aside. Despite his tight physique,it is an explosive forward who always fits the tempo of attacking.

“He is good at playing on partners and has high football intelligence. Sees free zones and sends the ball there. Good at using his both feet.

“Has a firm shot what is confirmed by many goals scored outside the box area. One of his brightest qualities is dribbling. Fred is able to overplay several opponents in the limited space due to fast foot work. He uses non-standard tricks which are complicated even for experienced and good defenders.

“Friday uses his strong qualities which are shooting and strength in the finishing phase of attacks.

The player is able to take a powerful shot or calmly send the ball into corner of net.

“If we analyze footballer’s presence in social networks we can say that this is a cheerful guy who feels comfortable in Europe. Most of his photos are devoted to training and teammates.

“This is a player who will reach certain heights in football if continues progressing at the same tempo.

His tactical variety and natural characteristics are a great treasure, which could turn into a real diamond in a couple of years.”

mtnfootball.com/news/669797/Nigeria-s-Adegbenro-Leke-James-Fred-Friday-scouted-for-top-talents-of-Norway

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) ... (16094) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zellas, DrYa, jihday(m), Samueltemi337(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.