Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:41 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11584665 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (16119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You do not know. Simple.
The propaganda you come up with sometimes makes me Chuckle.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:57pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

And since Elderson recovered form his injuries where has our hero Oshaniwa been?

Props to Echiejile for the much improvement and I hope he continues improving. As for Juwon Oshaniwa, big props to him for his great service. When called upon, he did well. At the World Cup and AFCON qualifiers.

I wish the young man the best during his challenges and I hope his light shines again.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:58pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

The propaganda you come up with sometimes makes me Chuckle.

The fact you posted an article without reading is frightening. I mean, who does that?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 9:03pm On Jan 12, 2017
tglobal:
It's Nigeria, South Africa, Libya and Seychelles for 2019 Afcon
thanks for dis post.

I knew we won't be grouped wit an african power house-all thanks to our recent upward move on FIFA rankings...
We really have so many things to thank rohr for and not forgetting to shower some praise on nff for his appointment...

which country is hosting d 2019 edition?

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 9:22pm On Jan 12, 2017
safarigirl:
guess we'll be going for that AFCON....please tell me we play South Africa in March grin grin....let them be the first to enjoy these small boys in 2017

lol!. Qualifiers start in June
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 9:23pm On Jan 12, 2017
AIG07:

thanks for dis post.

I knew we won't be grouped wit an african power house-all thanks to our recent upward move on FIFA rankings...
We really have so many things to thank rohr for and not forgetting to shower some praise on nff for his appointment...

which country is hosting d 2019 edition?

2019 host is Cameroon

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:27pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The fact you posted an article without reading is frightening. I mean, who does that?
The article I posted shows that Elderson was injured prior to the world cup. It trashes your earlier postulation that Oshaniwa benched him at the mundial.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

[b]Echiejile was dropped by Keshi, not injured. You already exposed yourself when you were talking before Wo¡rld Cup. Echiejile was fit and on the bench. Terrible in games. Oshaniwa came in and the result switched[b/] .

This is basic stuff.
goldfish80:

The article I posted shows that Elderson was injured prior to the world cup. It trashes your earlier postulation that Oshaniwa benched him at the mundial.
TheGoodJoe:

Echiejile was dropped by Keshi, not injured. You already exposed yourself when you were talking before World Cup. Echiejile was fit and on the bench. Terrible in games. Oshaniwa came in and the result switched.

This is basic stuff.
Where you drunk when you made this statement? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 9:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

From my observations on this thread, TheGoodJoe's clamor for Oshanaiwa has been based on his World Cup performances and the fact that he displaced Echiejile after a series of poor performances in the AFCON qualifiers and not prior to Brazil as you claim

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
tglobal:

From my observations on this thread, TheGoodJoe's clamor for Oshanaiwa has been based on his World Cup performances and the fact that he displaced Echiejile after a series of poor performances in the AFCON qualifiers and not prior to Brazil as you claim
TheGoodJoe posted that Elderson lost his place and he wasn't injured.
I posted an article to prove Elderson was injured
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
"Elderson poor games cost Keshi his job"

This seems to be the worst thing after the Uruguayan FA President said Suarez was 'only playing' with Chellini!

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 13, 2017
Looking forward to the June clash between the Super Eagles and Bafana Bafana.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:06am On Jan 13, 2017
Daninya11:

Claudio Reneiri should understand that Ahmed Musa is a player who gets better and improves when he plays regularly eventhough he switches off in some games which is typically of every player.

If they want the best from him,he should get quality playing time.

Ndidi was impressive against Everton in his debut. I can't wait to see how the lad would fare against Chelsea this weekend.

Musa came in as a striker in that game. He has this excellent positioning ability.

I have made this call in the past: we have a lot as wing options maybe Rohr can start looking at a striking role for Musa. Recall he severally played as a striker at CSKA and more as a supporting striker to Seydou Doumbia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:23am On Jan 13, 2017
Icon4s:

Musa came in as a striker in that game. He has this excellent positioning ability.

I have made this call in the past: we have a lot as wing options maybe Rohr can start looking at a striking role for Musa. Recall he severally played as a striker at CSKA and more as a supporting striker to Seydou Doumbia.

I agree with u, i have called for this also.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:25am On Jan 13, 2017
CFCman:

Once they heard they had to play Nigeria their heads went down. They know we will come with an element of revenge, can't wait.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:26am On Jan 13, 2017
Fringes:

Baba ICON, I respect you o. Na in I take dey follow you for NL now. If you've followed ALL the Flying Eagles teams since 83, then you must be advanced in years and must be a great sports enthusiast. My first football tournament on TV was Japan '93..

That said however, your comment, on a thread you created, describing members of this team in such lofty terms, makes me wonder if you are the same person who wrote both...

Oga Fringes, I know I have had an encounter with you on a sports thread in the past.

I have read through your response and attachments. I am in on this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:02am On Jan 13, 2017
goldfish80:

Where you drunk when you made this statement? grin

You are really funny. You quote stuffs in an awful way.

Echiejile was dropped by Keshi, not injured. You already exposed yourself when you were talking before World Cup.
Echiejile was fit and on the bench. Terrible in games. Oshaniwa came in and the result switched.

As in. How can such a clear and precise statement be taken out of context, beats my imagination.

I never talked about the World Cup. It was you. I said, YOU, YOU, exposed yourself when you talked before World Cup. Not me.

The next line stated. Echiejile was fit and on the bench. This statement is continuing from my earlier point that it was after the World Cup.

Logically, someone like you should know Echiejile did not go to the World Cup. Talk less of fit and on the bench.

I said, Echiejile caused us in some games. You started talking of Echiejile was not dropped but injured.

I was, you exposed yourself because when talking of Echiejile causing us games, it is common knowledge that it was the AFCON.

You not knowing and Arguing is your style. Then went ahead the most shocking post of the thread by quoting an old article, without reading it to support your claim.

You already exposed you deficiency in this. You can continue your damage control.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by confun: 10:16am On Jan 13, 2017
CFCman:
dem go chop the beating of dir life, the revenge will be enormous...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:21am On Jan 13, 2017
zicky:

This seems to be the worst thing after the Uruguayan FA
President said Suarez was 'only playing' with Chellini!

Now get this for next time sake. I can understand some were not on threads like this prior to Keshi's AFCON success. Many missed the debates during the AFCON qualifiers.

Two games that would have secured our ticket to the AFCON Keshi missed were the games against Congo and Sudan. Winning these two games would have secured our AFCON ticket and reduced the chances of Keshi getting kicked out of office drastically. We lost against these two teams.

After dropping Echiejile, the team improved, the results changed. We did not lose a game in our last three matches, Winning two against the same Sudan and Congo. Drawing with SA.

Keshi's hesitation to drop Echiejile caused him badly.

Either way, Echiejile is a great national hero and I hope his improvement continues.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:25am On Jan 13, 2017
zicky:

11th October 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I am down with new players being invited regularly. The problem I have today is strategy.

Coach Keshi has coached some exceptional games and played some attractive football. I knew the return of Echiejile would worry the team. I was so happy he injured and did not go to the World Cup, if not Di Maria would have used Echiejile to win golden ball.

I feel Echiejile should be dropped first. Then Coach Keshi should return back to his possessive football. Finally, the team is too bulky. Oboabona and Omeruo are okay. Ambrose puts in his work.

Coach Keshi needs to bring in more skillful players and promote more wing play. This should be the end of long balls in our game.

https://www.nairaland.com/1936331/nigeria-vs-sudan-afcon-qualifier/50#27064117
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29am On Jan 13, 2017
zicky:

That was my recommendations to sort out our poor form back then. Top of my list was Echiejile. First, plug the gap on our left. When we did that, the result changed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That was my recommendations to sort out our poor form back then. Top of my list was Echiejile. First, plug the gap on our left. When we did that, the result changed.
I believe you watched the Afcon before that world cup, Elderson was the reason the football federation bought return ticket for the team before the ivory coast match.
Elderson was the reason keshi field below average players like Reuben and his likes.
Bros saying Elderson single-handed cost Keshi his job is very ridiculous, and only shows you can go to any length to discredit a player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 12:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
terzurum5:
Fenerbahce Coach Says He Doesn’t Need Rubin Kazan Bound Emenike

Coach of Fenerbahce Dick Advocaat says he has told Nigerian forward Emmanuel Emenike to look for another club, as there is no spot for him in his squad.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/11/fenerbahce-coach-says-he-doesnt-need-rubin-kazan-bound-emenike/
One of the mistakes of a blossoming career is dumping the national team. Yeah NPF get wahala, but it's your career and you need the national team, ask Jordan Ibe. Too bad.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jan 13, 2017
Icon4s:

I concur with you sir.
I have equally noticed that If Musa Plays as the arrow head or supporting striker,he strives well.

Remember the brace against Barcelona at the club world cup, so breathe- taking.If musa drives in from the centre,he will deliver more because of his direct style of place and pace.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:25pm On Jan 13, 2017
daveP:
One of the mistakes of a blossoming career is dumping the national team. Yeah NPF get wahala, but it's your career and you need the national team, ask Jordan Ibe. Too bad.

I do not agree. Scholes retired from England early and I think his career was elongated by that. You reduce your travel, no exhausting summer tournaments. Giggs played for Wales but they hardly qualified for anything.

Emenike could be temperamental sometimes, always having outbursts for one reason or the other.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 1:34pm On Jan 13, 2017
safarigirl, thegoodjoe Any idea where thesupernerd is?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:44pm On Jan 13, 2017
zicky:
I believe you watched the Afcon before that world cup, Elderson was the reason the football federation bought return ticket for the team before the ivory coast match.
Elderson was the reason keshi field below average players like Reuben and his likes.
Bros saying Elderson single-handed cost Keshi his job is very ridiculous, and only shows you can go to any length to discredit a player.

I have repeatedly praised Echiejile for his improved performance. Does that look like the actions of someone ready to go all length to discredit a player. The mistake happened. We learnt from it. We have moved on.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
joseph1013:
safarigirl, thegoodjoe Any idea where thesupernerd is?

No idea at all. I do not have another means of reaching him. confun, is there a way for you to check on him?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 2:24pm On Jan 13, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You are really funny. You quote stuffs in an awful way.

Echiejile was dropped by Keshi, not injured. You already exposed yourself when you were talking before World Cup.
Echiejile was fit and on the bench. Terrible in games. Oshaniwa came in and the result switched.

As in. How can such a clear and precise statement be taken out of context, beats my imagination.

I never talked about the World Cup. It was you. I said, YOU, YOU, exposed yourself when you talked before World Cup. Not me.

The next line stated. Echiejile was fit and on the bench. This statement is continuing from my earlier point that it was after the World Cup.

Logically, someone like you should know Echiejile did not go to the World Cup. Talk less of fit and on the bench.

I said, Echiejile caused us in some games. You started talking of Echiejile was not dropped but injured.

I was, you exposed yourself because when talking of Echiejile causing us games, it is common knowledge that it was the AFCON.

You not knowing and Arguing is your style. Then went ahead the most shocking post of the thread by quoting an old article, without reading it to support your claim.

You already exposed you deficiency in this. You can continue your damage control.
All these back and forth is pointless. No matter how long we argue this, you won't agree Elderson has been one of our most consistent performers. Going to an extent of comparing him with Oshaniwa shows how desperate you are.

For starters, Elderson has 52 caps and counting. Your much fancied bling bling, Babayaro has just 27 caps.
He has twice the caps Babayaro who you rate as the best Nigerian left back, yet you have no qualms throwing him under the bus. Probably oblivious to you that he has achieved more than what Babayaro managed to achieve with the Super Eagles let alone Oshaniwa.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:33pm On Jan 13, 2017
Chisom Egbuchulam deal to Tunisia fails, might now be heading to Turkey... So sad that these are the options for the league's best player.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2017
Ligue 1 side SC Bastia have offered a 2 year deal to Efe Ambrose.. Good news for him...

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
Deportivo La Coruna has signed Francis Uzoho, one of the reserve goalkeepers in Manu's 2013 under 17 side. That is a big move. Wishing him the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (16119) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, AlbertoIancu, dijon, Melvinity, Philosopher1979, Meliforme, victornoah(m), mkrest(m), dkay51(m), mank1234(m), Donmobi(m), M7even(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.