Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,096 members, 7,807,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:50 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11573083 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (16113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 7:52pm On Jan 21, 2017
Lazyerudite:

Dunno if better but he can get there. But for Sanchez, there is none

He's getting ripe, the rate at which iwobi is developing is very fast. Sometime, an heir can act as a king when the need arises. He can replace him nw.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ichel: 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2017
Am mostly an observer in this thread, always reading how TheGoodJoe defend every pep's move. So i will to know from him why 2weeks(if not one) EPL old gabriel jesus was named on the bench ahead of nacho. And please don't give me that 'learning the drill' line

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Pavarotti: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2017
Carl Ikeme Sent Off In Wolves Loss To Norwich

Super Eagles goalkeeper Carl Ikeme was controversially sent off during his club Wolverhampton wanderers match against Norwich City at Carrow Road

Goals from Naismith (13′ minutes), Howson (90’+1 minutes) and the controversial 75th minute penalty from Robbie Brady saw Norwich get a 3-1 win over the visitors . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/carl-ikeme-sent-off-wolves-loss-norwich/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2017
Kelechi really is not all that. In reality he truely can neither bench Aguero nor Gabriel. Besides Pep gave him chances but he never really stepped up in the games. So I can't fault PEP's decision to drop him.

He has the potential. But the Pep situation may not help him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ichel:
Am mostly an observer in this thread, always reading how TheGoodJoe defend every pep's move. So i will to know from him why 2weeks(if not one) EPL old gabriel jesus was named on the bench ahead of nacho. And please don't give me that 'learning the drill' line

Do you know how much Gabriel cost city?

Lol. Even if he doesnt play well, Pep will continue to line him up ahead of Kelechi just to justify the huge spending and prove a point.

Kelechi should be wise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ichel:

They did not play the same role for Guardiola. It was obvious Guardiola planned to give Aguero 90 mins. Gabriel came in for Sterling and played on the wing.

I do not know how else to explain. Nacho is not playing because of Aguero. It is so simple. Aguero is a big name for the club.

If Aguero was not in the picture, Nacho will see more games. When I talk of drills, is for Nacho improving as a player. We expect Gabriel to keep improving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:34pm On Jan 21, 2017
Loogan:
Absolute disrespect from pep, even if he has a love relationship with the gabriel guy at least iheanacho deserves a place in the starting lineup..
I used to support thegoodjoe on this but this is the final straw...iheanacho is too good and has done enough to be a starter for most EPL teams, I can't think of any EPL manager than would not want iheanacho...it's obvious oga pep dosent value him when he drops the best goal to ratio striker in epl history for a Brazilian kid that just about 2weeks ago...iheanacho should take a page from lukakus book, this kid is so special that he should only be in a team that seems him as priority.

I think for once, Pep deserves credit when he does well. Despite the challenges at the club, he refused to buy a top striker. From what I noticed, there is pressure to keep playing Aguero. That is where the problem is, not Gabriel Jesus. I still feel we are sharper with Iheanacho up front and I believe Guardiola feels the same.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
Wow what a beautiful write up by Kelechi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
onirugbon:
Kelechi really is not all that. In reality he truely can neither bench Aguero nor Gabriel. Besides Pep gave him chances but he never really stepped up in the games. So I can't fault PEP's decision to drop him.

Man city can't keep a 2 goal lead for less than 45 minutes and u are jumping on the bandwagon for Iheanacho to get kept on the bench, since when did he play defence?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jihday(m): 10:32pm On Jan 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

They did not play the same role for Guardiola. It was obvious Guardiola planned to give Aguero 90 mins. Gabriel came in for Sterling and played on the wing.

I do not know how else to explain. Nacho is not playing because of Aguero. It is so simple. Aguero is a big name for the club.

If Aguero was not in the picture, Nacho will see more games. When I talk of drills, is for Nacho improving as a player. We expect Gabriel to keep improving.
Gabriel needs to seat on the bench too,so he can be drilled appropriately and hasten his improvement

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I think for once, Pep deserves credit when he does well. Despite the challenges at the club, he refused to buy a top striker. From what I noticed, there is pressure to keep playing Aguero. That is where the problem is, not Gabriel Jesus. I still feel we are sharper with Iheanacho up front and I believe Guardiola feels the same.
believe u me when I say Iheanacho is in a hot soup..

now look at the bench.. who is kele gonna replace there?
even when aguero is out,either DE bruyne,nolito or jeseus is gon play there..

now delph is back, the squad is now much crowded as ever..and bench is made up of 5-6 players... now tell me..navas ain't there today,so tell me who iheanacho gon replace on the bench?

dude better go look for a club..or as usual keep learning the drills and thread the way of Scott Sinclair..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Segadem(m): 11:16pm On Jan 21, 2017
Ichel:
grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:49pm On Jan 21, 2017
krattoss:
believe u me when I say Iheanacho is in a hot soup..

now look at the bench.. who is kele gonna replace there?
even when aguero is out,either DE bruyne,nolito or jeseus is gon play there..

now delph is back, the squad is now much crowded as ever..and bench is made up of 5-6 players... now tell me..navas ain't there today,so tell me who iheanacho gon replace on the bench?

dude better go look for a club..or as usual keep learning the drills and thread the way of Scott Sinclair..

Sane once again put in a brilliant shift, yet he is not playing regularly. It is not just a Nacho thing. Nolito who is a senior player, is not playing.

Let us watch how things pan out. The team has not settled yet. De Bruyne and Nolito have not played much in the nine position. It is clear Guardiola values Iheanacho over both as the top striker.

Guardiola stuck to his words and played Jesus wide. Guardiola feels that is Gabriel Jesus natural wing.

Guardiola will need pace up front and with Gabriel Jesus and Sane wide, Iheanacho will get his chances. He is a bright young man and I see him living up to the challenge.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:56pm On Jan 21, 2017
jihday:
Gabriel needs to seat on the bench too,so he can be drilled appropriately and hasten his improvement

It is obvious you clearly do not understand the point. I said, I want Nacho to spend a year or two working with Guardiola because the drills in camp, lifestyle and high intensity training will mould him into a high quality player.

Iheanacho's stamina improved. He plays at a high rate and he is quicker. Gaining these is more important than playing time in a low rated team and us celebrating the goals he scored.

With time, he can fight for playing time. Same goes for Gabriel Jesus. Whether he is starting or not, what matters is the time he spent horning his craft with Guardiola. In a few years, he will become top quality playing regularly.

If Gabriel Jesus was competing for the nine role, he will sit on the bench for Aguero.

Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 2:44am On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is obvious you clearly do not understand the point. I said, I want Nacho to spend a year or two working with Guardiola because the drills in camp, lifestyle and high intensity training will mould him into a high quality player.

Iheanacho's stamina improved. He plays at a high rate and he is quicker. Gaining these is more important than playing time in a low rated team and us celebrating the goals he scored.

With time, he can fight for playing time. Same goes for Gabriel Jesus. Whether he is starting or not, what matters is the time he spent horning his craft with Guardiola. In a few years, he will become top quality playing regularly.

If Gabriel Jesus was competing for the nine role, he will sit on the bench for Aguero.

Simple.

I'm always with u TheGoodjoe, U always try to prove points and they are right as well. Positive and optimistic, I know Kelechi will get better and have his playing days in Man city. If he eventually doesn't make it here at city in few times which I doubt, dude should better look for a new club and if this happen, I'm seeing another Pogba scenario that happened to Pogba few years back at United.

Man city or No Man city, Kelechi got a very bright football career ahead. He may eventually break and settle in the team and i still believe in what Pep will mound him to.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:41am On Jan 22, 2017
Kelechi had a great season last year and he was expected to push on. Pep does not show the kind of confidence in Kelechi as Pellegrini.

The wise move for him is to get a premier league move to a club that will give him regular football. A strong last half of the season will give him the confidence to push on when he comes back to Man city.

Kelechi's full qualities are not being harnessed.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 4:55am On Jan 22, 2017
So, the saviour of Man City has arrived, and somehow they still couldn't nick a home win undecided.

I thought the guy would be banging in goals the second he steps on the pitch. Issorait, shebi all of us are watching. Many more games to go

Thegoodjoe, please, just take a raincheck on this one as concerns Kelechi's playing time.

@onirugbon, don't know what you're on about saying Pep gave him chances. Is it the five games without an appearance that was the chances ni? Or the brief cameo roles? Oh wait, two EPL starts of recent? Are those the chances?

They were probably all he would get considering he isn't name Kelechinho and didn't cost City £20 million

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:29am On Jan 22, 2017
safarigirl:
So, the saviour of Man City has arrived, and somehow they still couldn't nick a home win undecided.

I thought the guy would be banging in goals the second he steps on the pitch. Issorait, shebi all of us are watching. Many more games to go

Thegoodjoe, please, just take a raincheck on this one as concerns Kelechi's playing time.

@onirugbon, don't know what you're on about saying Pep gave him chances. Is it the five games without an appearance that was the chances ni? Or the brief cameo roles? Oh wait, two EPL starts of recent? Are those the chances?

They were probably all he would get considering he isn't name Kelechinho and didn't cost City £20 million

I quite agree, I just pray he keeps improving as an individual because this is key. We need our players improving
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 6:31am On Jan 22, 2017
onirugbon:

I don't think this is a fair statement, not because I am Nigerian but we can all see how gifted the guy is. He has proven himself time and time again. Just like Hart decision Don dey affect city, I hope iheanacho will not have the last laugh

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:48am On Jan 22, 2017
safarigirl:

As I said before, Sane who was absolutely brilliant against Arsenal and Brilliant today against Tottenham Hotspur is also not seeing games. Gabriel Jesus was also brilliant.

The person under threat by Gabriel Jesus arrival is Sterling so far. I hope Iheanacho can deliver when he gets another chance because I am convinced he can give us more than we are getting from Aguero.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:51am On Jan 22, 2017
Lazyerudite:

I don't think this is a fair statement, not because I am Nigerian but we can all see how gifted the guy is. He has proven himself time and time again. Just like Hart decision Don dey affect city, I hope iheanacho will not have the last laugh

Hart's decision is not affecting City. Our problem is creating clear cut chances and scoring. One of the reasons why the Cityzens play brilliantly is because of Bravo's amazing build-up plays. Unfortunately we are not converting our chances.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:54am On Jan 22, 2017
tbaba1234:
Kelechi had a great season last year and he was expected to push on. Pep does not show the kind of confidence in Kelechi as Pellegrini.

The wise move for him is to get a premier league move to a club that will give him regular football. A strong last half of the season will give him the confidence to push on when he comes back to Man city.

Kelechi's full qualities are not being harnessed.

Pellegrini was never going to bench Aguero for Iheanacho. He plays two strikers. That was why Iheanacho was able to see games. Iheanacho was still behind Bony in pecking order. Unlike Guardiola who sent Bony on loan and kept Iheanacho.

Iheanacho should keep working hard. Another chance will come. Aguero is there for Iheanacho's taking. When the next time comes, Nacho needs to blow.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ichel: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Now nacho is aguero backup *cool story*. Truth be told, pep is gradually doing to nacho what mourinho did to mikel. It's time to packup and leave.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 11:28am On Jan 22, 2017
Ichel:

Now nacho is aguero backup *cool story*. Truth be told, pep is gradually doing to nacho what mourinho did to mikel. It's time to packup and leave.
Dude, this your signature is one kain sha. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Ichel: 11:50am On Jan 22, 2017
joseph1013:
Dude, this your signature is one kain sha. grin
What about it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:07pm On Jan 22, 2017
Ichel:

WTF. That is basic. We have two top strikers at City. Iheanacho and Aguero. Gabriel Jesus can play there. My fear was Guardiola will play Gabriel Jesus there but Guardiola says he sees Gabriel Jesus as a winger. In the game, Guardiola also played him as a winger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

WTF. That is basic. We have two top strikers at City. Iheanacho and Aguero. Gabriel Jesus can play there. My fear was Guardiola will play Gabriel Jesus there but Guardiola says he sees Gabriel Jesus as a winger. In the game, Guardiola also played him as a winger.
Easy brother, don't get worked up
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Pellegrini was never going to bench Aguero for Iheanacho. He plays two strikers. That was why Iheanacho was able to see games. Iheanacho was still behind Bony in pecking order. Unlike Guardiola who sent Bony on loan and kept Iheanacho.

Iheanacho should keep working hard. Another chance will come. Aguero is there for Iheanacho's taking. When the next time comes, Nacho needs to blow.
I think as you can see from most comment on this section, most prefer the Iheanaacho of last season that was "Behind" Bony in pecking order.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:18pm On Jan 22, 2017
zicky:
I think as you can see from most comment on this section, most prefer the Iheanaacho of last season that was "Behind" Bony in pecking order.

That is understandable. When Aguero or Bony injured or not performed well, Nacho got to play because Pellegrini plays with two top strikers. That is all. Now we play with one under Guardiola. Simple.

I have said repeatedly, this is the time for development, not glory. A year or two under Guardiola will give him that development. After that, glory.

I said this before Guardiola joined City.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

That is understandable. When Aguero or Bony injured or not performed well, Nacho got to play because Pellegrini plays with two top strikers. That is all. Now we play with one under Guardiola. Simple.

I have said repeatedly, this is the time for development, not glory. A year or two under Guardiola will give him that development. After that, glory.

I said this before Guardiola joined City.
pls can u analyse d development that w take a year or two for Nacho to mature as a player.

Pls do not forget that Super Eagle can not wait for Nacho to develop for a year or two while player like Iwobi is becoming a force to reckon with under a world class coach like Wenger.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kog45:
pls can u analyse d development that w take a year or two for Nacho to mature as a player.

Pls do not forget that Super Eagle can not wait for Nacho to develop for a year or two while player like Iwobi is becoming a force to reckon with under a world class coach like Wenger.

A young player does not stop developing. Neymar was a quality player at sixteen but he still kept improving when he was working under Enrique.

To Nacho, it is about the philosophy. The high pressing system of the Barcelona teams. It takes a lot of hard work, conditioning, early sleeping, right diet, regular high intensity training which happens in every session.

With these, Nacho will keep getting better. He is already faster than he was last season, plays at a higher intensity, he has more control going after aerial balls. These make him a better player. He will keep improving under Guardiola if he continues working with him.

Just as we saw in the last Algerian game, Nacho's intensity was blistering and it helped the team. The Super Eagles is already benefiting from the hard work Nacho puts in training. And we will benefit more as he keeps improving.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26pm On Jan 22, 2017
Kog45:

Nacho is already a top force in the Super Eagles. The only thing he lacks is the dailies praising him like last season.

As I have said before, I am interested in Iheanacho improving in quality than early praises.

(1) (2) (3) ... (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) (479) ... (16113) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m), ddone and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.