Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,850 members, 7,806,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11565701 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (16111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2017
promzyphyno:

"Zlat don't do trials " rememberAnd by the way what drill does ibra need??passing drills,pressing drills,shooting drills,or heading drills?

Well me I have said it....,nacho should move by the end of this season,anyways I trust pep,if u r not needed he sells you outrightly....don't b shocked when this happens

I still use pogba as a talking point...nacho should recive sense o....

O Pari!!

Teachability. When you think you know everything, you miss out on important lessons. Zlatan can continue scoring and pumping his fist. However, he will never know what would happen if he had obeyed Guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
goldfish80:

You're right on the money. Dani Alves playing as a centre back in back 3? When I thought I've seen it all on this thread.
lol. You are very very funny. Did you notice how the GoodJoe initially supported the guy? GoodJoe wil support anything and anyone that supports Pep Guardiola

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:46pm On Jan 23, 2017
promzyphyno:

"Zlat don't do trials " rememberAnd by the way what drill does ibra need??passing drills,pressing drills,shooting drills,or heading drills?

Well me I have said it....,nacho should move by the end of this season,anyways I trust pep,if u r not needed he sells you outrightly....don't b shocked when this happens

I still use pogba as a talking point...nacho should recive sense o....

O Pari!!

I use Pogba as a talking point. Nacho should stay.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:51pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

lol. You are very very funny. Did you notice how the GoodJoe initially supported the guy? GoodJoe wil support anything and anyone that supports Pep Guardiola

Point where I supported the guy. I said, Toure was never a top dog at Barcelona before he commented and I never changed my stance. I say if we are to complain of a player Guardiola putting Busquets over, it is Keita, not Yaya Toure because Keita was bigger than Yaya.

Now you want to twist it like Emmanuela pretending her face is not her face.
grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

bros, you no dey ever forget? You remembered every single thing, even the Echejile argument too. You win sha, although I think that most of them just want to get back to their clubs unlike Mane who wants the glory but well Cameroon havent been that great either
How I go forget that kind argument grin
At some point, I told someone I would be surprised if Algeria make it out of their nations cup group.
I didn't see Cameroun's game last night but my smart money will be on them beating Senegal to the semis.
Go Indomitable lions! Go!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 11:55pm On Jan 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Teachability. When you think you know everything, you miss out on important lessons. Zlatan can continue scoring and pumping his fist. However, he will never know what would happen if he had obeyed Guardiola.

If I take road one and got riches,who cares what road two would have looked like

Moses would have been history if not for loan spells that helped him stay relevant....today see what he is doing,he learnt from his sojourns my broda

Not every royal family member will get to the throne....applying this to nacho's case,not every player would break into their parent team,some need loan moves,some permanent moves...

Who could dennis suarez bench in barca back then,but his sojorun has helped him come back stronger??

D goodjoe think good jor o...lolz

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:56pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

I do not support Guardiola's choice of leaving Aguero upfront. I believe Aguero slows down the pace of our attack. I also want Sterling off. He might be fast but his not brilliant in his choices. Sterling's wrong decisions always slows us down too.

I hope to see Nacho, Gabriel Jesus, Sane playing up front for City. As for me, these are the best options for Guardiola's possession-heavy/high intensity attack style.

With De Bruyne and Silva behind them creating chances repeatedly.

So, does this sound like someone who supports everything Guardiola does? Say what you know.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:57pm On Jan 23, 2017
Mickael2:

LOL.. Sometimes observing this thread from afar is quite interesting.
TheGoodJoe and his pocket lawyerism when it comes to Lord Guardiola.
Remember one time he said Iheanacho will learn how to sleep from Guardiola.
That got me laughing for days grin grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:59pm On Jan 23, 2017
promzyphyno:

If I take road one and got riches,who cares what road two would have looked like

Moses would have been history if not for loan spells that helped him stay relevant....today see what he is doing,he learnt from his sojourns my broda

Not every royal family member will get to the throne....applying this to nacho's case,not every player would break into their parent team,some need loan moves....

Who could dennis suarez bench in barca back then,but his sojorun has helped him come back stronger??

D goodjoe think good jor o...lolz

It is not all about glory but becoming the best you can become. If Messi continued his route pre Guardiola, he would have landed on reaches but he would not reach the current height he achieved.

Dennis Suarez is learning loads from Enrique and the stars at Barcelona. He learnt at Sevilla and Villarreal. He has not yet reached his destination. It is a long route. I believe Nacho is on a faster route working with Guardiola.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 12:00am On Jan 24, 2017
goldfish80:
LOL.. Sometimes observing this thread from afar is quite interesting. TheGoodJoe and his pocket lawyerism when it comes to Lord Guardiola. Remember one time he said Iheanacho will learn how to sleep from Guardiola. That got me laughing for days grin grin

Lolz,like pep like d good joe....funny peeps
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 12:02am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

It is not all about glory but becoming the best you can become. If Messi continued his route pre Guardiola, he would have landed on reaches but he would not reach the current height he achieved.

Dennis Suarez is learning loads from Enrique and the stars at Barcelona. He learnt at Sevilla and Villarreal. He has not yet reached his destination. It is a long route. I believe Nacho is on a faster route working with Guardiola.

There you go again with ur "guadiola" line...

Is guadiola the only coach in d world

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:03am On Jan 24, 2017
goldfish80:

LOL.. Sometimes observing this thread from afar is quite interesting.
TheGoodJoe and his pocket lawyerism when it comes to Lord Guardiola.
Remember one time he said Iheanacho will learn how to sleep from Guardiola.
That got me laughing for days grin grin

Be laughing. Do not learn?
grin grin

At City, Guardiola wants all the players asleep before ten pm. He believes a long sleep is the best way to refresh the body after the strenuous training Guardiola puts the team through.

If a player works as hard Guardiola wants in training and he does not sleep well, he ends up getting injuries and gasses on the field during training and games.

Even your babe must satisfy her urge before ten pm. Ask Nasri.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:04am On Jan 24, 2017
promzyphyno:

There you go again with ur "guadiola" line...

Is guadiola the only coach in d world

Did you read Faster route? If you did, you will know there are other brilliant coaches but I believe Guardiola is the faster route for Nacho, not only route.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:05am On Jan 24, 2017
promzyphyno:

Lolz,like pep like d good joe....funny peeps

So funny but just sleeping early, did a lot in improving Messi.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 12:06am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Did you read Faster route? If you did, you will know there are other brilliant coaches but I believe Guardiola is the faster route for Nacho, not only route.

And I ask u again,why is he the "faster route"??
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:10am On Jan 24, 2017
promzyphyno:

And I ask u again,why is he the "faster route"??

Because we have seen Guardiola improve players in shorter time than most coaches. A good example is the few weeks Guardiola spent with Nasri. When he came on the field, he was faster, sharper and looked fit. I do not know any coach that has achieved such. Toure's midfield control which was something I complained about Toure's game has transformed in a few months.

In a short time, we see changes.

Secondly, his work in improving Messi and Lewandowski. Who else do you know have a history of improving some of the already best in the World.

For now, Best coach for Nacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:31am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Be laughing. Do not learn?
grin grin

At City, Guardiola wants all the players asleep before ten pm. He believes a long sleep is the best way to refresh the body after the strenuous training Guardiola puts the team through.

If a player works as hard Guardiola wants in training and he does not sleep well, he ends up getting injuries and gasses on the field during training and games.

Even your babe must satisfy her urge before ten pm. Ask Nasri.
Fair enough. Why stop at teaching sleeping habits. He should go abit further and teach him how to lace his boots, how to pee, how to comb his hair while at it he should also drill him on how to sneeze properly.
All these your ugba and nkwobi gist eh..
Funny dude.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:34am On Jan 24, 2017
goldfish80:

Fair enough. Why stop at teaching sleeping habits. He should go abit further and teach him how to lace his boots, how to pee, how to comb his hair while at it he should also drill him on how to sneeze properly.
All these your ugba and nkwobi gist eh..
Funny dude.

What is good for Messi is good for Our Nacho.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 12:37am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Because we have seen Guardiola improve players in shorter time than most coaches. A good example is the few weeks Guardiola spent with Nasri. When he came on the field, he was faster, sharper and looked fit. I do not know any coach that has achieved such. Toure's midfield control which was something I complained about Toure's game has transformed in a few months.

Secondly, his work in improving Messi and Lewandowski. Who else do you know have a history of improving some of the already best in the World.

Pep improved c.ronaldo abi,or griezman right,oh suarez,or mayb garethbale,see cavani self or okay he improved de bryune,oh ozil,no no mayb veratti,okay goalkeepers,stergen,nuer,dimaria

My guy,open ur eyes o
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 12:43am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

What is good for Messi is good for Our Nacho.
OK! I agree. Messi didn't know how to sleep. Lord Master Pep thought him how to sleep.
You don win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:00am On Jan 24, 2017
goldfish80:

OK! I agree. Messi didn't know how to sleep. Lord Master Pep thought him how to sleep.
You don win

Messi stayed awake watching football. Guardiola stopped it and Messi changed the habit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:01am On Jan 24, 2017
promzyphyno:

Pep improved c.ronaldo abi,or griezman right,oh suarez,or mayb garethbale,see cavani self or okay he improved de bryune,oh ozil,no no mayb veratti,okay goalkeepers,stergen,nuer,dimaria

My guy,open ur eyes o

Now you are doing what I call skateboarding. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 1:04am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Now you are doing what I call skateboarding. grin
Am trying to drill u
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 1:13am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Messi stayed awake watching football. Guardiola stopped it and Messi changed the habit.
When a team is in camp, there's always camp rules and code of conduct so to say.
Rules like 10pm lights out, no alcohol, sex etc is standard practice.
Everything in football is not all about Lord Pep.
It appears you've been initiated into a demonic Guardiola cult.
This fascination is getting out of hand. Just too unreal

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:37am On Jan 24, 2017
goldfish80:

On this thread, I said it that the Algerians were overrated 2 weeks before we played them.
I remember arguing it out with Mickael2 that only 3 of their players can get into out side.
He thought otherwise.
Our major contenders for the world cup is Cameron.
Not Zambia, not Algeria. And am not saying this with the benefit of hindsight.

For the trophy, I pick Ghana

And I've take up a scientific approach to studying the way good Joe talks.

First, when you make a statement of fact after he must have tried to argue it, he simply doesn't refer to it again. E.g

You: Bojan flopped under pep

Joe: Boljan never flopped under pep he didn't have playing time.

You: What are you saying? ( state the fact of Bojan and post)

Joe: ( diverts from the truth you just stated and move over with style to another player.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:41am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Faster indeed.

You mean to say Pellegrini is the faster route ba? Cos I agree that Manuel is still the best. By Season end you can now contest that fact. At least it will save you from.using 'was'
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 1:44am On Jan 24, 2017
daveP:

For the trophy, I pick Ghana

And I've take up a scientific approach to studying the way good Joe talks.

First, when you make a statement of fact after he must have tried to argue it, he simply doesn't refer to it again. E.g

You: Bojan flopped under pep

Joe: Boljan never flopped under pep he didn't have playing time.

You: What are you saying? ( state the fact of Bojan and post)

Joe: ( diverts from the truth you just stated and move over with style to another player.

Chop knuckle,

He alwaiz dudges ur questions cause he knws you are about to expose him....imaging sitting on d bench and drilling backwards....if nacho likes he stays,afterall am not eating frm his salary but if nacho goes to a lesser club in england mancity will clamour for his return...see nathan ake for example

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:49am On Jan 24, 2017
promzyphyno:

Chop knuckle,

He alwaiz dudges ur questions cause he knws you are about to expose him....imaging sitting on d bench and drilling backwards....if nacho likes he stays,afterall am not eating frm his salary but if nacho goes to a lesser club in england mancity will clamour for his return...see nathan ake for example
Nacho was and still is better under Pellegrini than under pep.

He hasn't played 1/8 of the total time he played under Manuel.

And Joe sees that as progress.

If he is truly progressing then it's simple to expect that pep would use him cos he progressed.

Well Joe will do a good Joe for NPFL if he gets a job there.

Meanwhile, I'm imagining if he meets Godwin Enakhena, Leye, Oma Akatugba, and all those TV show sport journalists, pundits, I wonder if he will bend like crayfish or still insist. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by promzyphyno(m): 1:55am On Jan 24, 2017
daveP:
Nacho was and still is better under Pellegrini than under pep.

He hasn't played 1/8 of the total time he played under Manuel.

And Joe sees that as progress.

If he is truly progressing then it's simple to expect that pep would use him cos he progressed.

Well Joe will do a good Joe for NPFL if he gets a job there.

Meanwhile, I'm imagining if he meets Godwin Enakhena, Leye, Oma Akatugba, and all those TV show sport journalists, pundits, I wonder if he will bend like crayfish or still insist. grin

The good joe to submitHELL NO,that one no dey him dictionary o...lolz

When I argue with him,I dnt expect him to submit. I argue with him just so that he won't think he is alwaiz right

Belive me,deep dwn he knws dat nacho is depreciating sorry to use dat bt its d truth

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by princesuko(m): 3:30am On Jan 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I Have been resisting the Urge to Quote the Rubbish you have been Spurning Out Since ,What's even More Surprising is the Fact that Other Dominant Member In this thread Have failed to Put You in your Place in this Guardiola Non-sense.

You Claimed to have Started Watching European Football during Mancini's Era in Man city. Yet You Lecture People Who watched Messi Before Pep's tenure in Barca.

Would Take You Serious if you can Provide a Link or Reliable Quote of the Statement You made Above.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:55am On Jan 24, 2017
princesuko:

I Have been resisting the Urge to Quote the Rubbish you have been Spurning Out Since ,What's even More Surprising is the Fact that Other Dominant Member In this thread Have failed to Put You in your Place in this Guardiola Non-sense.

You Claimed to have Started Watching European Football during Mancini's Era in Man city. Yet You Lecture People Who watched Messi Before Pep's tenure in Barca.

Would Take You Serious if you can Provide a Link or Reliable Quote of the Statement You made Above.

I am not ready to start digging articles now. I will just give a recent excerpt about Messi’s sleeping habit that improved him.

Nasri told French TV show L’Equipe du soir: “For him, his players’ sexual activity must take place before midnight in order to get a good night sleep – even if they are free tomorrow.

“He [Guardiola] said that he placed this rule on Messi and his muscles improved since.”

https://m.dreamteamfc.com/c/lionel-messi-news-pep-guardiola-imposed-sex-ban-improved-argentine/

Please, I did not say I started watching Manchester City In 2010. Before you run around saying you are quoting rubbish. If it is too controversial for your understanding, ask.

I watched Shaun Wright Phillips a young boy at City. I was watching City in the time of Darius Vassel. Watched City when Keegan was coaching them in lower divisions.

I watched almost every game of Nigeria '99. I watched almost every game of France' 98. Watched David Beckham, Gérard, Owen as young boys.

I watched Kanu, Overmars, Finidi George, Seedorf, De Boer twins, Edgar Davids as young boys. Before you think it is today I started following football.

I was analysing football deeply in the 90s.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:58am On Jan 24, 2017
princesuko:

I was watching Ronaldinho a small boy in '97. Watched Forlan as a small boy in 99. Please, chill before you think I am a 2010 analyst. You can not kill me with laugh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (16111) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jihday(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.