Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (586) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11578328 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (16117) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:06pm On Feb 21, 2017
forgiveness:

There is nothing you can say again to save face. breeze don blow, foul yan don show. grin

The way you are writing, it is as of Falcao is Solanke.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
Icon4s:
@ Forgiveness,

For ur pool of Central Midfielders u listed: Mikel Obi, Raheem Lawal (u were trying so had to market him grin. We need for that. We knw him very well), Ogenyi Onazi, John Ogu. I wonder why you did nt mention Ovie Edjarie. I would put Onazi in the pool of DMFs.

This is a position Nigeria is currently not much gifted in. Yes, there is a Mikel but currently in Mikel's absence I dnt think Raheem or Ogu would be a capable replacement. I hope Kelechi Nwakali leaves up to expectations.

There are so many players T forgot to mention on my list. It was not intented. grin Why u come put Ovie, since he is yet to settle is nationality palaba? hope you are not using double standard for here oooo. grin

In the CMF, Mikel Obi is my number one choice and he is not playing, Onazi will be my second choice. But I think Raheem Lawal is very good CMF.

Currently, Raheem is helping his team team to win big games but the only problem is, his attitude.

I als saw John Ogu play and he impressed me. I think we just need totry these two players and see how they fair that position.

Hopefully, Rohr could give them a call fot the two friendlies.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:11pm On Feb 21, 2017
forgiveness:

Liverpool to make profit on Tiago Ilori transfer after Reading agree £3.75million deal

ByKristian Walsh,
09:32, 9 JAN 2017

Tiago Ilori is on the brink of completing his £3.75million move [/b]to Reading – ensuring Liverpool have turned in a profit on the Portuguese defender.

[b]The 23-year-old cost the Reds £3.5million from Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2013
, sad sad grin in a deal which potentially could have risen to £7million.

The club agreed the fee late last week, and have also inserted a 25% sell-on clause in the contract.

The deal should be completed in the next 24 hours.

The centre back moves to the Royals to aid their promotion push, with Jaap Stam’s side currently third in the Championship.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-make-profit-tiago-ilori-12424521

dey deceive yaself. @bolded explained all. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Did you read only attackers on my comment? I repeat, We all know clubs pay more for attacker and mildfielders. And we all know Ndidi, Success and Ademoola fall into those categories. EOD

You shot down the pivot of your argument with the bolded. grin
The deal that took him to Liverpool would have risen to 7M.

Your point about his loan spells at Bordeaux and Granada being successful have come to Nutts with this single bolded sentence because Liverpool would have payed up to 7M if he hit a certain plateau but the straw man had an underwhelming outing which was why he was shipped out for a knock down FEE cheesy

Everything still goes back to what I said initially. "Thiago Ilori is in a steady decline and he is not better than anything we have" grin
I hope he finds his level at Reading grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:14pm On Feb 21, 2017
Icon4s:
@ Forgiveness,

For ur pool of DMFs u listed: Wilfred Ndidi, Mikel Agu, Anderson Esiti and Ryan Sanusi. I will add Ogenyi Onazi to this pool.

Onazi and Ndidi stand tall from this list. Who ever becomes favorite to pick the starting shirt from the two would depend on how the rest of their season would go. Mikel Agu and Esiti are also good players but I dnt see them in the same capacity as Ndidi and Onazi. As for Ryan Sanusi, I dnt rate a player I dnt know so well.

On this one, you right on point. I will just like to add Agbo. grin

but that Mikel Agu dey good ooo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:15pm On Feb 21, 2017
goldfish80:

You shot down the pivot of your argument with the bolded. grin
The deal that took him to Liverpool would have risen to 7M. Your point about his loan spells at Bordeaux and Granada being successful have come to Nutts with this single bolded sentence because Liverpool would have payed up to 7M if he got to a certain plateau but the straw man had an underwhelming outing which was why he was shipped out for a knock down FEE cheesy
Everything still goes back to what I said initially. "Thiago Ilori is in a steady decline and he is not better than anything we have" grin
I hope he finds his level at Reading grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

did he go on loan for free? grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
Icon4s:
@ Forgiveness,

From ur list of Centre backs: Leone Balogun, Kenneth Omeruo, William Troost-Ekong, Kenedy Otigba, Chidozie Awaziem.

Balogun, Omeruo and Troost-Ekong are the regulars from this team. Good enough both Balogun and Omeruo can also play RB.

Kenedy Otigba, though I pushed for his inclusion into the Keshi's team to Brazil 2014. I would nt whole heartedly do same now because he not been having a good season.

Chidozie Awaziem, once chanted as our best Center back here on this forum grin. He is still at the pupa stage of his development. Needs more time.

You are right about this one too. Only that, Chidozie will not make my list. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
Icon4s:
@ Forgiveness,

For RB u listed: Brian Idowu, Tyrone Ebuehi, Musa Mohammed and Nura Abdulahi.

I will aslo include Shehu Abdulahi, since I dnt mention him as part of the DMF.

I cannot rate Idow and Ebuehi yet. Let them feature in any of the friendlies first. As for between Shehu and Musa. I would go for Shehu who is a more tested player and has also done creditably well. Musa Mohammed is still developing. Nura Abdulahi, well, he belongs to the group of John Lazarus and Sincere Seth. RBs of the future.

i will comment on this tommorow. grin grin grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
forgiveness:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

did he go on loan for free? grin grin

The loan deal with Aston Villa was worth 1M with an option to buy[b] if he impressed [/b]
It's a pity your guy couldn't muster one single appearance at Aston Villa. grin

Jezz..... The more I dig, the more dirt I find on this guy. Its getting scary grin
No wonder Tim Sherwood is an object of ridicule in the football world these days. He won't be getting a decent gig with shitty transfers like this.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
Did anyone watch Kylie Mbappe this night? I've been taking about this dude for the past few months here.

I was telling a friend as we watched the Monaco Vs Man city game earlier that if this boy named Mbappe decides to play of Cameroun, we may not beat them over the two legs.

That boys Celine is damn too high. He has the potential to win the World footballer of the year if he keeps up at the rate he is going.

Watching him makes me feel bad for Iheanacho because I know he would have been just as good if Man city had developed him properly.

For what it's worth, as an African, I want Mbappe to play for Cameroun but only after our double header in August.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:14am On Feb 22, 2017
goldfish80:

It's a pity you don't know intending managers go for compulsory internship, either assisting a manager or working with the reserves/academy before handed Uefa Pro licence grin

Nwa teacher, Wikipedia don open your yansh grin
This is the Wenger replacement and Arsenal will start winning UCL.

They have lil problem attacking, but defending and Stam is the jigsaw to fit grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:18am On Feb 22, 2017
forgiveness:

I don;t know why my mind is no longer with Ighalo after his move to China. I just want him out of the team.

Instead, I will bring Obafemi Martins back into the team. grin Suprised!? grin

I will never consider Iheancho in that 4-5-1 formation because he is best utilized as a second striker.

In a 4-4-1-1 formation, Iheancho can be deployed behind the striker but as a point man, it is a no for me. grin

i will prefer Aaron as my first choice, followed by Ideye. grin Martins Obafemi may come in. grin
You want "Mathematical". Position on the goalscorers' log of almost decades to be changed?

That's why I smell politics too.

On a goal can be all time 3rd or 2nd if given 5 more games with eagles and with someone like Rohr.

Yekini-37
Odegbami-23
Yakubu-21
Martins-18
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 1:21am On Feb 22, 2017
Icon4s:

I dnt know why u guys keep hoping on Brown Ideye. Its like u dnt know him well.
he is one of our best tactical options before the new blood came around. His experience is still needed around and not even that, this guy just knows what to do faster than other strikers we have once in the box 18.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 1:59am On Feb 22, 2017
goldfish80:
Did anyone watch Kylie Mbappe this night? I've been taking about this dude for the past few months here.

I was telling a friend as we watched the Monaco Vs Man city game earlier that if this boy named Mbappe decides to play of Cameroun, we may not beat them over the two legs.

That boys Celine is damn too high. He has the potential to win the World footballer of the year if he keeps up at the rate he is going.

Watching him makes me feel bad for Iheanacho because I know he would have been just as good if Man city had developed him properly.

For what it's worth, as an African, I want Mbappe to play for Cameroun but only after our double header in August.
France would rather die than let him play for Cameroun. It's a no brainer really. The guy is the new Henry.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xzbit91: 7:02am On Feb 22, 2017
edi287:

France would rather die than let him play for Cameroun. It's a no brainer really. The guy is the new Henry.

But they have Benzema, Griezman, Martial, Giroud, Lacazette and a host of other attacking midfielders who double as attackers. Why do they want to poach another African talent!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Xzbit91:

But they have Benzema, Griezman, Martial, Giroud, Lacazette and a host of other attacking midfielders who double as attackers. Why do they want to poach another African talent!
Because he has MASSIVE potential. Benzema is out of the NT, Martial is an option but off form, Giroud is 30, Lacazette is overrated. They can not afford to let someone as prodigiously as Mbappe slip through their fingers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justicejay(m): 8:10am On Feb 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
I pointed out How Aguero was brilliant in our last game against Huddersfield. Even though he did not score, he showed immense quality dropping deep to help the team. Just like what I expect from Nacho. The comment below is from the Bluemoon forum.

Sergio is finished my fucking arse. MOTM, never stopped running, tracked back like a 'Pep' player and the second was shear class. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Aguero showed improvement despite Limited playing time.
I agree, u don't see aguero much in the box again. Always in midfield building up attack.
That's defiantly a 'pep style'.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justicejay(m): 8:13am On Feb 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
I missed a brilliant game.
What?
You mean u didn't watch that game.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by justicejay(m): 8:17am On Feb 22, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
I missed a brilliant game.
It was an end to end game.
Its all attack, attack, attack, attack from both side and nothing else.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:30am On Feb 22, 2017
forgiveness:

There are so many players T forgot to mention on my list. It was not intented. grin Why u come put Ovie, since he is yet to settle is nationality palaba? hope you are not using double standard for here oooo. grin

In the CMF, Mikel Obi is my number one choice and he is not playing, Onazi will be my second choice. But I think Raheem Lawal is very good CMF.

Currently, Raheem is helping his team team to win big games but the only problem is, his attitude.

I als saw John Ogu play and he impressed me. I think we just need totry these two players and see how they fair that position.

Hopefully, Rohr could give them a call fot the two friendlies.

Are you new to the national team?

We have tried both players on several occasions. They are not capable replacements for Mikel.

We know what Ogu and Raheem can bring to the national team.

Instead we just convert Etebo to a CM. You saw how he played that role against Egypt and Algeria.

No room for needless forward and backwards testing.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:40am On Feb 22, 2017
forgiveness:

I don;t know why my mind is no longer with Ighalo after his move to China. I just want him out of the team.

Instead, I will bring Obafemi Martins back into the team. grin Suprised!? grin

I will never consider Iheancho in that 4-5-1 formation because he is best utilized as a second striker.

In a 4-4-1-1 formation, Iheancho can be deployed behind the striker but as a point man, it is a no for me. grin

i will prefer Aaron as my first choice, followed by Ideye. grin Martins Obafemi may come in. grin

Brown Ideye is also reported to be on the verge of a China move, so u would drop him too.

Forgiveness and his ways.

The Aaron Samuel u are picking as your first choice striker was it not the performance he posed for the national team(under Keshi) when he was in the Chinese league that informed ur decision?

You are asking me where Emmanuel Daniel plays. Did you not see him perform at Rio?

The other time too u wrote -off Etebo bc he was playing in the NPFL.

And I was right about ur romance with Obafemi Martins just as I said the News of his clamor for a recall to the national team would interest you.
If we must call back Martins then Yakubu and Taye Taiwo also need a recall. grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 8:48am On Feb 22, 2017
justicejay:

It was an end to end game.
Its all attack, attack, attack, attack from both side and nothing else.

It was a very enjoyable match. very entertaining.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:00am On Feb 22, 2017
Brown Ideye joins Mikel in China

Super Eagles and former West Brom forward Brown Ideye has made a shocking move to china, as he becomes the latest Nigerian player to join the Chinese moneybags.

Former Olympiakos striker who has been on Tianjin Teda's radar before the close of the transfer window in January has completed a transfer fee of 12Milllon Euros to join Super Eagles captain John Mikel Obi, With about 3.5 million euros every season becoming the sixth highest paid Nigerian player.

Ideye was West Brom's record club signing when he joined The Throstles from Dynamo Kiev in 2014, however, he did not perform to expectations, scoring just seven goals in thirty-one appearances in all competitions for the Baggies before he left for Olympiakos, where he resurrect his career back on track

The 28-year-old scored 13 goals in his first season in Greece and help Olympiakos win the Greek Super League, having started this season with 15 goals in all competition, surpassing his previous goal feat last season

It's no news anymore as the Chinese Moneybags are scouring all over the world to bring in new players to the league before their transfer market closes later this week, ahead of the start of the new season next month.

Tianjin Teda signed Ideye's Nigerian teammate John Obi Mikel from Chelsea during the January transfer window and now the Chinese outfit adds Brown Ideye as their latest marquee signing.

Source: http://cheapgoals.com/official-brown-ideye-joins-tianjin-teda

Forgiveness, oya drop Brown Ideye too from ur list.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:11am On Feb 22, 2017
Xzbit91:

SIMPLE every player you mentioned in your list is in the wrong side of 25 or even hitting 30.

Amazing this small boy infact this pikin is only 18 years old and they hold ground like seseaoned striker. Furthermore for the doubters no football age here he was born in France, bona-fide true 18 years old.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xzbit91: 4:53pm On Feb 22, 2017
komekn:

SIMPLE every player you mentioned in your list is in the wrong side of 25 or even hitting 30.

Amazing this small boy infact this pikin is only 18 years old and they hold ground like seseaoned striker. Furthermore for the doubters no football age here he was born in France, bona-fide true 18 years old.

Even Martial and Lacazette? embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Xzbit91: 4:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
edi287:

Because he has MASSIVE potential. Benzema is out of the NT, Martial is an option but off form, Giroud is 30, Lacazette is overrated. They can not afford to let someone as prodigiously as Mbappe slip through their fingers.

I guess they're spoilt for choice so they can drop any of them for flimsy excuse
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 6:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
Xzbit91:

Even Martial and Lacazette? embarassed

Sorry apart from Martial every body is over 25. Although Martial is only 21 he hasn't been able to live up to the hype in the national team or at Manchester United.

This really means Mbappe is the Golden boy of French football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
edi287:

His dad is an ex Camerounian international. You never can tell....
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:28pm On Feb 22, 2017
goldfish80:

If Kelechi had gone to FC Porto, by now he would have become a better player than what he is now.

I just wonder what his handlers keep thinking day in day out.

I hope some one will not say Mbappe's performance is not as a result of blablablabla you all know what I mean.

Iheanacho must leave Man city for a Club than can guarantee him good playing time, if and only if he wants to play for the Super Eagles.

Super Eagles may not need an Iheanacho who keeps warming the bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:31pm On Feb 22, 2017
Rohr Hasn’t Abandoned NPFL Players – Salisu

[img]https://4.bp..com/-X-r9GV9oa4Q/WK027ZYiZ8I/AAAAAAAADG0/6_1XhFU0dRABATZs--8aB71M6fIQB2N0gCLcB/s1600/Salisu-Yusuf.jpg[/img]

By Augustine Akhilomen

Super Eagles Chief coach, Salisu Yusuf has confirmed that the players playing in the Nigeria Professional Football League still have a place in the senior national team.

He made this statement after two of the Nigerian clubsides booked their place in the round of 32 of the CAF Champions League qualifying stages, where Enugu Rangers held JS Saoura of Algeria to a goaless draw to qualify on the away goal rule after playing a 1-1 draw in the first leg in Algiers while Rivers United smashed AS Real Bamako from Mali 4-0 in Port Harcourt on Sunday.

Having managed teams such as Enyimba FC and El Kanemi Warriors in the NPFL, Salisu pointed out to Soccernet.com.ng that Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr has not abandoned the home based players despite putting more faith in the foreign pros.

“I don’t believe on this idea that the home based players have been abandoned by the Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr. I am of the view that some of the home based players will still play a major part in the team’s World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations qualifying series,” Salisu told Soccernet.com.ng.

“Rohr has always love to give every players equal opportunity to play in the senior national team regardless of your club status and I am so sure they will be given a look in if they continue to improve their standard.

“Besides, you can observe that even the standard of the Nigerian league has improved, something which has caught the attention of the technical adviser and also myself. Mind you, I am the eyeball of the NPFL and I won’t be happy if we ignore the NPFL stars.”

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/02/rohr-hasnt-abandoned-npfl-players-salisu.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2017
Champions League: Leicester City Will Shock Sevilla - Musa

[img]https://4.bp..com/-_5bWv4VWhX0/WK054925ReI/AAAAAAAADHM/nvaWt96JiRseE62BKwTFCu8fIXsKgfvEgCLcB/s1600/ahmed-musa-with-ranieri.jpg[/img]

By Augustine Akhilomen

Ahead of Wednesday’s UEFA Champions League tie against Sevilla, Super Eagles winger, Ahmed Musa believes the team can pull a big surprise against their host at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán Stadium.

The Nigeria international has managed to score a handful of goals for the Foxes as the reigning Premier League champions are struggling to avoid relegation this season.

Despite Leicester City’s impressive form in the European competition, losing just one of their six matches to top their group, however, they face a tough task against an in-form Sevilla side that will be buoyed by their vociferous home support.

Rather than get scared of being beating, the former CSKA Moscow winger believed that the team could get a positive result against Sevilla.

"We are going there to do our best," the Nigeria international told Leicester City’s official website. "I think with the confidence we have with the boys at training ground, we are going to go there and play very well. If we can win there, I think the confidence will be back.

"It is a very good experience. It is one of the tournaments people want to play in. For the group, we are happy to be in next round. We are working very hard to try to go there and win."

www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/02/champions-league-leicester-city-will.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 7:58pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ezekiel Bassey – Life And Football Are Totally Different At Barcelona

Ezekiel Bassey has said he is quickly adapting to life at FC Barcelona even as he expects to start playing official games for the Catalan giants immediately he secures his work permit.

The Enyimba winger was signed on loan by the five-time European champions in January for an initial six months’ with the possibility of signing for an additional two years if he impresses at the club at the end of the current season.

In a chat with the npfl.ng, the former Akwa United winger revealed that life at the home of the Catalan giants is totally unique, while stating that he is adapting very quickly.

“Life and football are totally different at Barcelona. I’m working very hard to quickly adapt because it is different.

Already, there is that language barrier and all, so working hard is key to settling down very fast at the club. I have been welcomed and seen as a brother and a member of the Barcelona family since I joined them,” Bassey revealed.

He added: “Playing for Barcelona is a great privilege I’ll cherish for years to come. I’ll be playing soon, I’m actually back in the country to sort out issues regarding my work permit.

I’ll resume immediately I’m done which should be in a few days. I can’t wait to play my first official game,” the former NPFL All-Stars winger stated.

A delighted Bassey also shared his experience so far at the club.
“It’s been a great start for me. I’ve had the privilege to train with some of the best players in world football. Yes, we’ve had a combined training of Team A and B, we do that twice a week. I’m already inspired and will work very hard to play with these very best players,” said Bassey.

Bassey is expected to depart Nigeria for Spain latest Friday.
*Courtesy- Npfl.com.ng

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/21/ezekiel-bassey-life-and-football-are-totally-different-at-barcelona/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 8:01pm On Feb 22, 2017
Ex Chelsea Ace Explains Why Wenger Keeps On Picking Alex Iwobi Ahead Of Lucas Perez

Arsenal Spanish forward Lucaz Perez is reportedly unhappy over his lack of game time at Arsenal, where he is being made to play second fiddle to Nigerian teen Alex Iwobi.

Perez has been very effective for Arsenal in Cup games, with goals in the UEFA Champions League and the Emirate FA Cup, but he has found games hard to come by in the League and also in key games.

Arsene Wenger favours Alex Iwobi ahead of the Spaniard in key games, and according to former Chelsea left full back Celestine Babayaro, Iwobi best understands how Arsenal plays than the Spaniard.

” It’s simple to see why Iwobi is playing ahead of Perez. Iwobi plays the Arsenal way, which is running into space and playing others in but Perez is a Spanish breed, he wants the ball at his feet”, Babayaro told Owngoalnigeria.com.

” Perez has to change his style of play if he wants to be picked ahead of Iwobi. He has to adapt to the Arsenal way, attack the space behind the defenders and play others in quickly”.

owngoalnigeria.com/2017/02/21/ex-chelsea-ace-explains-why-wenger-keeps-on-picking-alex-iwobi-ahead-of-lucas-perez/

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (583) (584) (585) (586) (587) (588) (589) ... (16117) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.