Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,122 members, 7,807,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (589) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11573511 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (16113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:37pm On Feb 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Peter Utaka?

Why not lets also invite Obinna Nsofor, Chinedu Obasi, Taye Taiwo and Yakubu Ayegbeni. What did we achieve with those players?
Their era is gone!

A player's era isn't determined by his age. Ogbeche played when he was 20 or so, his own era ended before he even turned 25, Zidane's era was supposed to end around 2005, but he came out of retirement to lead his nation to the 2006 world cup final, if not for Keshi's biased team selection, Martins ought to have been a constant regular in the team right now, ahead of Ideye and Ighalo atleast. When did he ever stop performing? USA, Levante, China you name it, all of them he has scored goals and played well too. If we can't find a suitable back-up left back then Taiwo deserves a look-in too, he was immense for Kemi in the norwegian league last season, he was their top scorer at some point! And if his era is gone then what is Mikel still doing in the team? It baffles me that you use 'experience' to justify the inculsion of one player but you neglect it totally when it comes to another player

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by sutod: 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 7:39pm On Feb 23, 2017
joseph1013:

I will take Obafemi Martins over Ighalo. We've given Ighalo too many chances, we've been very unfair to Martins despite his high goal ratio for the Eagles.

not just for the Eagles, everywhere he has played
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 8:57pm On Feb 23, 2017
I'm a bit skeptical on recalling our antiquated players.

The team is presently undergoing a true 'rebuilding process'. Incorporating old bricks will mar this project-going forward we must stick to youthfulness n vigor.

This is no attack on personalities. I like Obagoal. But he is not getting younger and I don't think he'll cut in if called upon. There generation has rendered their service to the nation. It's time we allow them to enjoy their retirements...

Let's start looking for capable feet either home or abroad who can deliver. presently we have more than enough in the attack and our major concerns should be our defence line... All four positions are still up for grab. We need strong backups for Leon(injury prone) and Ekong(currently sitting on d bench at his club) solid and versatile fullbacks- i think this should be worrying us more than calling some 'arugbos'.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Certitude(m): 9:28pm On Feb 23, 2017
mr mickael2, Taiwo is useless.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2017
Goal by Simon Moses against Spurs

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:47am On Feb 24, 2017
AIG07:
I'm a bit skeptical on recalling our antiquated players.

The team is presently undergoing a true 'rebuilding process'. Incorporating old bricks will mar this project-going forward we must stick to youthfulness n vigor.

This is no attack on personalities. I like Obagoal. But he is not getting younger and I don't think he'll cut in if called upon. There generation has rendered their service to the nation. It's time we allow them to enjoy their retirements...

Let's start looking for capable feet either home or abroad who can deliver. presently we have more than enough in the attack and our major concerns should be our defence line... All four positions are still up for grab. We need strong backups for Leon(injury prone) and Ekong(currently sitting on d bench at his club) solid and versatile fullbacks- i think this should be worrying us more than calling some 'arugbos'.

The future is the present.

If the old bricks are better than the new ones why build a house with new bricks that will fall down. Please let me use old antiquated bricks that will stand strong and not fall down.

The question is, are these so called young future quality potential football players who are playing in obscure low level leagues better than our tried and tested, proven quality experienced players.

Let players be selected on merit not future promised potential.

I remember when Rabui Ibrahim was widely hailed as the new JJay, Chrisantus as the new Yekini and others who all flattered to decieve dramatically.

Future potential is not enough, if I can win with old antiquated players please bring them. After all how old was Cameroons Roger Milla.

To be honest what we are calling youth in reality is not always youth. if we are to be truly honest with ourselves. Football age is still alive and kicking.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:56am On Feb 24, 2017
Spurs got beaten by a team that is 7th in the Belgian League. Komekn. I told you that the league is good.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:57am On Feb 24, 2017
Taiye Taiwo was one of our best ever left backs. If he can still cut it then he should be given a chance. After all how old was Maldini before he retired.

For those who have forgotten him the video below should remind you of what we are missing. One thing is clear is that the present crop of new breed are far behind the so called old group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHsQ3eqKEBw
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:15am On Feb 24, 2017
Glad we have Rohr running the Super Eagles because these suggestions of bringing back the old legs when we have players with great promise is miss leading. We are building a team for the World Cup and the next AFCON. These senior players will become a year older.

Rohr has a good history of working and grooming young players. With his knowledge, he can select and absorb the best legs from our shining bright young stars.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:19am On Feb 24, 2017
How can we have players like Iheanacho, Iwobi, Success, V. Moses (who can play as a forward), Aluko, Onyekuru, Tammy Abraham and many others and we are talking of bringing back Martins.

We need to keep working for a Super Eagles team made of the very best that will gel in the long run after continuous screening and testing.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26am On Feb 24, 2017
zicky:
Aguero wasn't as spectacular as you paint him, he was Mia all through the first half, raise his game in the second half bt still the Aguero we know, if Gabriel returns he goes back to the bench.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDyov53Xalc

Watch as Aguero dropped deep repeatedly to connect with the midfield, build-up play and win the ball. This helps prevent the defenders from stopping Aguero’s game and gives him more time on the ball.

With more time on the ball, the striker has the chance of having more good plays than poor ones.

Aguero also dropped to the wings too. This is what I hope Iheanacho picks up.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:01am On Feb 24, 2017
komekn:
Taiye Taiwo was one of our best ever left backs. If he can still cut it then he should be given a chance. After all how old was Maldini before he retired.

For those who have forgotten him the video below should remind you of what we are missing. One thing is clear is that the present crop of new breed are far behind the so called old group.

This video is gold. Robben could not believe it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:02am On Feb 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:
Glad we have Rohr running the Super Eagles because these suggestions of bringing back the old legs when we have players with great promise is miss leading. We are building a team for the World Cup and the next AFCON. These senior players will become a year older.

Rohr has a good history of working and grooming young players. With his knowledge, he can select and absorb the best legs from our shining bright young stars.

The super eagles belong to every Nigeria u cannot shut the door on anyone young or old. Besides what happened to the guy who said bring them all to camp and see who is best?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by zicky(m): 7:33am On Feb 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDyov53Xalc

Watch as Aguero dropped deep repeatedly to connect with the midfield, build-up play and win the ball. This helps prevent the defenders from stopping Aguero’s game and gives him more time on the ball.

With more time on the ball, the striker has the chance of having more good plays than poor ones.

Aguero also dropped to the wings too. This is what I hope Iheanacho picks up.
I speak from the full 90mins game I watched not highlight, Aguero was annoyingly poor in the first half
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 7:53am On Feb 24, 2017
komekn:

The future is the present.

If the old bricks are better than the new ones why build a house with new bricks that will fall down. Please let me use old antiquated bricks that will stand strong and not fall down.

The question is, are these so called young future quality potential football players who are playing in obscure low level leagues better than our tried and tested, proven quality experienced players.

Let players be selected on merit not future promised potential.

I remember when Rabui Ibrahim was widely hailed as the new JJay, Chrisantus as the new Yekini and others who all flattered to decieve dramatically.

Future potential is not enough, if I can win with old antiquated players please bring them. After all how old was Cameroons Roger Milla.

To be honest what we are calling youth in reality is not always youth. if we are to be truly honest with ourselves. Football age is still alive and kicking.
sir, these babas u are clamouring for are already are already passed it. I don't see them bringing anything new to the team.

Don't u think these guys are even much older than the ages they claim considering that age cheating was rampant n d order of d day during their time?

These men have seen it all. They've played in practically all international competitions there is. They no longer have d hunger we see in young talented boys who are eager to make names for themselves in both home n abroad.

We need guys who are hungry for success and ready to give their all for the team knowing fully well that their careers depends on it.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 7:54am On Feb 24, 2017
komekn:

ʍɑӀժíղí ԹíɾӀօ MíkҽӀ

Եհҽվ ɑӀӀ ԹӀɑվҽժ ςօղŚíŚԵҽղԵӀվ ƒօɾ Եհҽíɾ ղɑԵíօղɑӀ ԵҽɑʍŚ

Եɑíաօ'Ś ςɑŚҽ íŚ ժ탃ҽɾҽղԵ

ςɑӀӀíղց մԹ TAIWO íŚ Ӏíkҽ Եɑkíղց մŚ ҍɑςk 2 Śզմɑɾҽ օղҽ
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:35am On Feb 24, 2017
There is a season for everything. We must have faith in the future. It's risky but it might yet prove profitable rather than threading the safe, old weather beaten path of the past or of the present that that has so little in it for the future. Bringing back Martins or Taiwo smacks of laziness - the laziness of doing the hard job of looking for players of their ilk and stripe among the present crop of players. Bringing Martins back might be good for the short term but in the long run it would prove to be a wrong decision because Martins would be playing the role which a young Osimhen, Isaac Success etc (or any player among the present crop) for example should be playing and honing their skills, getting more experienced and even lasting longer in because they are still quite young.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:36am On Feb 24, 2017
CC:MICHAEL2

A player's era isn't determined by his age. Ogbeche played when he was 20 or so, his own era ended before he even turned 25, Zidane's era was supposed to end around 2005, but he came out of retirement to lead his nation to the 2006 world cup final, if not for Keshi's biased team selection, Martins ought to have been a constant regular in the team right now, ahead of Ideye and Ighalo atleast. When did he ever stop performing? USA, Levante, China you name it, all of them he has scored goals and played well too. If we can't find a suitable back-up left back then Taiwo deserves a look-in too, he was immense for Kemi in the norwegian league last season, he was their top scorer at some point! And if his era is gone then what is Mikel still doing in the team? It baffles me that you use 'experience' to justify the inculsion of one player but you neglect it totally when it comes to another player [/quote]

Consistencies in d Super Eagle separate Mikel and Obagoal.Mikel has been consistent for past 5 years and still played our last international match with a goal while Obagoal played last 5 years ago.So they are incomparable when it comes to era issue.

I remember Keshi gave Obagoal a chance during one of d qualifying match,if i can remember one or two matches,though d rest history.If i may ask whom w u picked between Obagoal,Ideye,Ighalo in d last 5years.

There are way to this,played to your potential and no coach w ignored u,if Rohr believe Obagoal is d answer,he should be call ASAP.I don't buy d idea that Martins is too old for Eagles but it w take a grace for a player that have left d stage 5 years ago to stage a comeback when we are having young ones craving for d shirt

Mind u i rate martins higher than both Ighalo and Ideye when it comes to talent but when u don't manage d talent,d mediocre w take over your position.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 9:33am On Feb 24, 2017
Mujtahida:
There is a season for everything. We must have faith in the future. It's risky but it might yet prove profitable rather than threading the safe, old weather beaten path of the past or of the present that that has so little in it for the future. Bringing back Martins or Taiwo smacks of laziness - the laziness of doing the hard job of looking for players of their ilk and stripe among the present crop of players. Bringing Martins back might be good for the short term but in the long run it would prove to be a wrong decision because Martins would be playing the role which a young Osimhen, Isaac Success etc (or any player among the present crop) for example should be playing and honing their skills, getting more experienced and even lasting longer in because they are still quite young.
U nailed it all.It seem we are underrating this young team and i want tell anybody who care to listen that this is d first time in d history of super eagle winning two matches in a row home and away in world qualifying.So what a fuss.

I believe our last two matches should be our justification in analysing this boys and no sane coach w disrupt his winning team except there are crisis which w don't pray for,judging from last two matches i w say our right full back has been an issue and is for grab for a player who worth it,against Zambia Echiejele had a poor game but against Algeria he performed extremely well but notwithstanding a solid back up or even a displacer is needed but i don't think Taiwo can do that,our CB need solid back up coz we are having solid Leon with injury issue and Ekong who i believe is not yet there but w raise his game up by having enough playing time,now having less playing time.

The attack and midfield is our unique selling point coz we have them in abundance,so any new players coming in to this area must have something new to provide for d team coz if anybody is telling me Martins have something special to offer than bench Nacho of man city is a joke.

We already have a team but it is now left for Rohr to continue building d team to their potentials which i believe it w be attained.Winning Zambia and Algeria wasn't easy coz i remember most of us here doesn't even believe d team w qualify when d group was announced(Algeria,Cameroon,Zambia,Nigeria)but our last two matches changed everybody perspective towards d team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:00am On Feb 24, 2017
jotey:

ʍɑӀժíղí ԹíɾӀօ MíkҽӀ

Եհҽվ ɑӀӀ ԹӀɑվҽժ ςօղŚíŚԵҽղԵӀվ ƒօɾ Եհҽíɾ ղɑԵíօղɑӀ ԵҽɑʍŚ

Եɑíաօ'Ś ςɑŚҽ íŚ ժ탃ҽɾҽղԵ

ςɑӀӀíղց մԹ TAIWO íŚ Ӏíkҽ Եɑkíղց մŚ ҍɑςk 2 Śզմɑɾҽ օղҽ

it is better to just say u don't like Taye Taiwo because non of the reasons why we should not select him makes sense. The man is in the top flight in Switzerland, we should at least wait to see how he fares. I can't agree with overlooking a player in a good league.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:19am On Feb 24, 2017
Being picked for the Eagles in the past was not always about capability and ability. Unfortunately this has been the achilles heel of indigenous coaches that has plagued Nigeria for decades.

Certain players should have been consistent regulars in the Eagles but politics and corruption pushed them out. Now we have a coach who is only interested in what you bring to the top of the table NOT UNDER IT.

Look at the world cup half the players were TOTAL WASTE MEN who should never have tasted an Eagles shirt compared to those left behind.

We have pkayers who are playing in Bosnia, Slovak and even a 3rd tier Portuguese league being considered for Eagles, that is simply unacceptable. If we have experienced older players playing at top clubs week in week out. We should by pass them for some supposed unproven youngsters who cannot get into the youth team of the clubs they are playing at.

If you cannot cut it at a good competitive level it's not at the world cup you will learn.

I take the view, If you are old enough you are good enough, whether young or old.

Consider how old was Teribo West playing competitive football for at top clubs. Old age is not the issue but present continous quality performance not just potential.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 10:31am On Feb 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Mikel, Ighalo and Ideye. That's all.
I did love to go with John Mikel, Aaron Samuel and Ideye Brown

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:48am On Feb 24, 2017
goldfish80:

He didn't meet up to the performance contract clauses in his contract.

Initial transfer fee
€1,880,000 upon Ilori’s registration to play Liverpool
€3,000,000 by July 2014 (note: we signed Ilori in August 2013)
Total transfer fee = €4.88m
Performance bonus:
15 Liverpool apps = €500,000
30 Liverpool apps = €500,000
45 Liverpool apps = €500,000
Total performance bonus = €1.5m
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/423h2i/full_details_of_tiago_ilori_transfer_leaked/
He didn't meet any of those required clauses in his Liverpool contract. That's why he's a failure and bad investment grin

Atleast you don learn a thing or two about players contracts today grin
You should thank me for this info I dey download give you grin..

Have a look at his Reading contract ;

Read the bolded carefully oh.... The Reading deal of about 3M includes add ons and appearance bonuses, you can see similarities with the Liverpool contract earlier BASED ON APPEARANCES AND ADD ONS. In reality, Liverpool have not made a gain from his transfer because Reading did not make an upfront payment of 3M.
If you can't understand this simple breakdown then I can't help you.
Even his Aston Villa deal if one is to scrutinise the terms and conditions binding on the contract, Villa would not have payed a dime to Liverpool because he didn't make a single appearance for them all season.

I wonder what it is you will gain by hawking this straw man all over the place. Seriously, am curious.

bhuhahahahahahah! grin Now, let me post the fuuuul article and let us see what you are hidding. grin

Full details of Tiago Ilori transfer leaked (self.LiverpoolFC)

submitted 1 year ago * by MostRetardedUser

Hi everyone, surprisingly this went under the radar (I think). A website called football leaks has been leaking documents relating to player transfers, agent agreements, and some other stuff for the past few months. Most of the documents relate to Spanish and Portuguese clubs’ transfer dealings.

Tiago Ilori's transfer agreement between Sporting and Liverpool was posted back in early December. I won’t link to the contract directly (because I’m not sure if I’m allowed to) but footballleaks2015. is the website leaking all of this stuff.

Everything on the site appears legit, obviously I can't prove this, but have a look yourself if you wish.

Without further ado, here's the TL;DR of the contract

Initial transfer fee

Performance bonus:

Future transfer:

Sporting receive 25% of any profit made on a future transfer

Liverpool will notify sporting of any accepted transfer bids to allow Sporting a chance to match the transfer bid

Clauses:

Liverpool shall not transfer Ilori to Benfica, Porta or Braga unless they receive an offer of €60m. If this should happen, Sporting would receive 50% of the transfer fee. (This clause expires in September 2018)

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/423h2i/full_details_of_tiago_ilori_transfer_leaked/

@bolded has rendered this exhibit as counterfeit. Therefore, it shall be rendered nulled and void. grin

sorry. grin I need concrete evidence from the official wedsite of anfield or a statement from them and not from bloggers. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:23am On Feb 24, 2017
terzurum5:

I did love to go with John Mikel, Aaron Samuel and Ideye Brown
i think aaron samuel is in europe he move to russia former musa club from china what a nice move i must say

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:29am On Feb 24, 2017
Why is it that no body rates Ahmed Musa highly in the area of attack. The memories of his performance against Argentina are still fresh with me.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:45am On Feb 24, 2017
Expanded W/Cup: Africa Demands 10 Slots

[img]https://4.bp..com/-McoLrjkK5sE/V-uJhjJzFCI/AAAAAAAABXY/KmYR37dL-kgXVs61DZBv6xSZIkEuDH2tACPcB/s1600/John-Obi-Mikel-L-of-Nigeria-vies-for-the-ball-with-Jakob-Blabjerg-C-of-Denmark.jpg[/img]

The continent’s football association presidents have told football’s world governing body Fifa that they want at least 10 spots in the 48-team World Cup.

“All associations back the idea to expand the World Cup and there is hope that Africa can have10 places,” said South African FA chief Danny Jordaan.

That would be double the five places Africa has at the 2018 and 2022 events. Europe is seeking a minimum of 16 places, up from 13, and wants its sides to be separated in the opening group stage.

The first phase will see 16 groups of three teams, with the top two advancing to a 32-team knockout phase under plans approved by Fifa last month.

Asia are expected to get eight to nine places, compared to 4.5 now, and South America,which has 10 member countries, a total of six, also up from 4.5.

The Concacaf region, made up of the Caribbean, Central and North American countries, would get 6.5 places, compared to 3.5, with Oceania, the small Pacific Islands confederation, having one automatic place at the finals instead of 0.5.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/02/expanded-wcup-africa-demands-10-slots.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 11:48am On Feb 24, 2017
forgiveness:

bhuhahahahahahah! grin Now, let me post the fuuuul article and let us see what you are hidding. grin

Full details of Tiago Ilori transfer leaked (self.LiverpoolFC)

submitted 1 year ago * by MostRetardedUser

Hi everyone, surprisingly this went under the radar (I think). A website called football leaks has been leaking documents relating to player transfers, agent agreements, and some other stuff for the past few months. Most of the documents relate to Spanish and Portuguese clubs’ transfer dealings.

Tiago Ilori's transfer agreement between Sporting and Liverpool was posted back in early December. I won’t link to the contract directly (because I’m not sure if I’m allowed to) but footballleaks2015. is the website leaking all of this stuff.

Everything on the site appears legit,
obviously I can't prove this[/b], but have a look yourself if you wish.

Without further ado, here's the TL;DR of the contract

Initial transfer fee

Performance bonus:

Future transfer:

Sporting receive 25% of any profit made on a future transfer

Liverpool will notify sporting of any accepted transfer bids to allow Sporting a chance to match the transfer bid

Clauses:

Liverpool shall not transfer Ilori to Benfica, Porta or Braga unless they receive an offer of €60m. If this should happen, Sporting would receive 50% of the transfer fee. (This clause expires in September 2018)

@bolded has rendered this exhibit as counterfeit. Therefore, it shall be rendered nulled and void. grin

sorry. grin I need concrete evidence from the official wedsite of anfield or a statement from them and not from bloggers. grin

You've lost the argument already. Running from pillar to post have shown you up for what you are grin

First of, no club releases the full details of their player's contract. Details in contracts are confidential.
We only know from whistle blowers and third party websites about these details in players contracts.

You can check this link ; http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2016/12/07/5848111122601d2c5f8b4635.html
It's rather a tad classless of you to continue this argument.

N/B: you should read the bolded carefully. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:49am On Feb 24, 2017
CAF Elections: South Africa Refutes Endorsing Hayatou

[img]https://4.bp..com/-RMV47Rl_vx8/WK-O8UX0NqI/AAAAAAAADIU/XAc8S1vuMEs2uxHw8G63HMZp4JdnwygPwCLcB/s1600/vllkyt3n5f80silksg.7d16ed0b.jpg[/img]

South Africa’s sports minister, Mbalule Fikile has denied claims by CAF president Issa Hayatou that he has been endorsed for re-election by South African President Jacob Zuma.

Hayatou met with President Zuma last weekend in Johannesburg, during the Africa Super Cup tie between Mamelodi Sundowns and TP Mazembe.

Afterwards a statement on CAF website declared that Zuma had thrown his weight behind Hayatou’s bid for another term. He has been on saddle since 1988.

However, Fikile said: “After being informed of Mr. Hayatou’s candidacy by South Africa Football Association president Danny Jordaan, President Zuma wished him good luck as he would have done to the other candidates…

President Jacob Zuma has not given his personal support nor thatof the South African government to Hayatou.”

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/02/caf-elections-south-africa-refutes.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Orkpekyandega(m): 11:53am On Feb 24, 2017
Pinnick Discards Hayatou’s CAF Presidential Re-Election

[img]https://2.bp..com/-PVNRZ-JQz5A/WE5VUJxwNyI/AAAAAAAACRw/IGLH01XTvkAxQr2ph_PhClVWGzi6WwdXwCPcB/s1600/Amaju-Pinnick-2.jpg[/img]

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick has called for a change of power ahead of this year’s Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) Presidential election.

Cameroonian’s Issa Hayatou is the current CAF President and has been on the seat since 1988. However, he faces a tough challenge from, Ahmad Ahmad, who is the head of Madagascar’sFA.

NFF president Amaju Pinnick told the BBC the election will be “a defining moment for African football”.He said Ahmad was “courageous” in coming forward to challenge Mr. Hayatou.

Pinnick said CAF needs a “new generation” of leadership, following the change at the top of the world governing body FIFA.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/02/pinnick-discards-hayatous-caf_24.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 12:18pm On Feb 24, 2017
komekn:

There has been a trend by Sporting which is at the centre of this approach. To give youngster who show promise opportunities in the first team. Then sell them off as exceptional players. That's Sporting business model.

I didn't omit or ignore your article just did not consider it to have enough credence to sway my opinions.

My deductions are not coined from newspaper articles or the comments of supposed informed pundits who may or may not have vested interests or are talking from hearsay.

But my opinion emanates entirely from first hand observations. I have watched him Tiago Ilori train and play up front, close and personal. On the other hand you have chosen to ignore my observations which are first hand.

If there is any handicap I have its probably I have a higher standard quality expectation for players to be considered for the G. Eagles.

They sell them off as exceptional players but they turn out to be gabage, is that what you mean?

Even if that is their businesss model. Do you think Sporting Lisbon will like to soil soil their name and destroy their business model by selling garbage players at a very high rate?

Who will do business with a system that produces flops? grin

Bros, Sporting Lisbon has been testesd and found reliable by those who did business with them. grin

Do you know Ronaldo, Figo, Nani, Moutinho, Bruma and host of these great players are/were products of so called 'bad' marketer Sporting lisbon? shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (586) (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) ... (16113) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: immobilare(m), lovewins, Kingjite1, Philosopher1979 and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.