Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,818 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (676) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11576035 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (16116) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
tbaba1234:

Lol

Okeowo on Instagram:
okeowo1: Baba Baba baba God ooo thank you for everything in my life God God God ooo

http://www.instagram.com/p/BR8lD4KDmrp/
na so baba God pick him call grin God works in a mysterious way cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
tbaba1234:

Well, he should just do his best to impress the coaches.. I do not think he will be invited again though..

At least, he will have it on his resume
Yes just like a friend Dayo Ajoge who made Super Eagles team against Jamaica in London due to non availability of some players but fortunately for him he played like 10 mins as a sub.

Checking my guy profile u w always see ex Super Eagles player
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
tbaba1234:
Peckham All Stars 'keeper Tope Okeowo drafted into the Super Eagles due to the delayed arrival of invited keepers.

Tope Okeowo
Goalkeeper
Biography: Tope Okeowo is Peckham Towns First Team Keeper. Tope is also the Former Nigerian U17 goalkeeper

Tope has been at Peckham Town for many years helping his team get promotion from Division Two to Division One in their First season in the Kent County League

Tope has produced some outstanding performances in 2015-16 Season which saw him help his team win promotion into the Premier Division of the Kent County League

Tope is an outstanding and quality Goalkeeper, Powerful, athletic and a huge presence between the posts.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/peckhamtownfootballclub/teams/5640/player/tope-okeowo-1402049

I shock !!! infact I am shocked with high voltage

Are you telling me that in the whole of Englands league system we do not have one Nigerian origin goalkeeper

I know Africans don't like to be keepers but this is crazy we pick somebody from almost Sunday pub football. Please this cannot be happening to go and play against Senegal.

I haven't looked in depth I admit.

But I think a reserve goalkeeper from the premiership should be better than somebody playing pub part-time football.

In case they don't know there is, Tony Aghayere he is the U23 goalkeeper for Burnley FC.

I really expected the NFF to do more in terms of finding better options. Or is this a case of arrangements taking place because I am completely perplexed. And that is just from memory I am certain there are others but this is the first one that comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 10:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Icon4s:

just like likes of Okoro and Chukwudi slipped through abi?

yes
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:21pm On Mar 22, 2017
Did anybody just see Lucas Podolski's goal against England?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:24pm On Mar 22, 2017
komekn:

Are you telling me that in the whole of Englands league system we do not have one Nigerian origin goalkeeper

I know Africans don't like to be keepers but this is crazy we pick somebody from almost Sunday pub football. Please this cannot be happening to go and play against Senegal.

But I think a reserve goalkeeper from the premiership should be better than somebody playing pub part-time football.

In case they don't know there is, Tony Aghayere he is the U23 goalkeeper for Burnley FC.

I really expected the NFF to do more in terms of finding better options. Or is this a case of arrangements taking place because I am completely perplexed. And that is just from memory I am certain there are others but this is the first one that comes to mind.

Bros not to worry. Daniel Akpeyi will arrive London early tomorrow morning.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:29pm On Mar 22, 2017
Icon4s:

The MRI test started from them. We are beginning to reap the fruits of MRI test.

Still beats me how Stanley Okoro and Fortune Chukwudi scaled through that test.

I have talked enough about MRI scans in past posts what MRI does is tell you the age range you cannot be not what age you are.

Using wide aggregate parameters to make an absolute deduction on what age range you cannot be.

That's why a Nigerian boy born in the USA where you know there is automatic data capture of births failed in Nigeria an MRI scan for U17 Eaglets.

Chukwudi I can talk about because he was my friends senior in secondary school who finished in 1999, do the mathematical probability and you see he was way above it.

But how can we ask that question we are Nigerians we sharp we always find ways.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by whizola: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2017
The "Yak", Yakubu rocked up to Hive this evening to encourage the boys in training this evening.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
Icon4s:
Did anybody just see Lucas Podolski's goal against England?

Yes seen it coming he had a few close chances.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:40pm On Mar 22, 2017
krattoss:
ALUKO is gone for good.
WHY? not good enough?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2017
komekn:

Don't u always say Anglo-Nigerians can't succeed because of race? Maybe thats why he is still playing pub football.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2017
komekn:

Na arrangeee na.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:05pm On Mar 22, 2017
komekn:

I have talked enough about MRI scans in past posts what MRI does is tell you the age range you cannot be not what age you are.

Using wide aggregate parameters to make an absolute deduction on what age range you cannot be.

That's why a Nigerian boy born in the USA where you know there is automatic data capture of births failed in Nigeria an MRI scan for U17 Eaglets.

Chukwudi I can talk about because he was my friends senior in secondary school who finished in 1999, do the mathematical probability and you see he was way above it.

But how can we ask that question we are Nigerians we sharp we always find ways.

So where is the Chukwudi today?
His supposed mates are in Europe and in the Super Eagles making waves. He chose to play with players much younger than him.

No be Kayode, Omeruo, and Onazi dey Super Eagles so? The then midfield maestro Ramon Azeez has also played for the Super Eagles.

He simply peaked at that U17 tourney and that's it.

He thought he was cheating FIFA. Now who has been cheated?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
komekn:

Tony Aghayere is also playing Pub football with Colne Football Club on loan.

http://www.colnefootballclub.com/teams/44230/player/tony-aghayere-1657996

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:06pm On Mar 22, 2017
forgiveness:

Na arrangeee na.
No be nepotism again?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:10pm On Mar 22, 2017
whizola:
The "Yak", Yakubu rocked up to Hive this evening to encourage the boys in training this evening.

The Yak! I like that guy then sha.

I almost lost my head while defending him on Kickoffnigeria. But that was before that 2010 WC miss o.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
Icon4s:

No be nepotism again?

Na still d same 'bad habit'.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2017
forgiveness:

Na arrangeee na.
you are one kind of a person
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:19pm On Mar 22, 2017
forgiveness:

Na still d same 'bad habit'.

So Alloy Agu inviting Tope Okeowo na nepotism.

Thank God say there is no ...chukwu in Tope's name. Else we for no hear word this evening.

His name is Tope and so it is no longer nepotism but arrangee.

No worry, kontinue.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:20pm On Mar 22, 2017
maidaboi:
you are one kind of a person
I tell you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 11:22pm On Mar 22, 2017
What is the time for game
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:45pm On Mar 22, 2017
Icon4s:

So Alloy Agu inviting Tope Okeowo na nepotism.

Thank God say there is no ...chukwu in Tope's name. Else we for no hear word this evening.

His name is Tope and so it is no longer nepotism but arrangee.

No worry, kontinue.

Hehehehe! Trying to justify evil. grin

Ikechuckwu Ezenwa does not deserve to be called to the national team. You may call it arrangee, nepotism etcetera. Na still d same kwurruption. grin

Besides. Can you remember who said these? Na you na. grin

Icon4s:

What? Opabunmi better than Akwuegbu?
Opabunmi that had jst graduated from d U17 & was still at 3SC waiting for his European offers to click. Benedict Akwuegbu a graduate of the 1989 Eaglets, verstly experienced, and featured prominently at 2000 & 2002 AFCONs. Yakubu hu could also had been chosen ahead of Opabunmi was a peoduct of the 2000 Olympics, He was then playing at Macabi Haifa of Isreal and scored a hat-trick in that 4-0 demolision of Sudan enroute qualification for that 2002 WC. Most football analysts then disnt understand y Opabunmi was taken ahead of Ayegbeni. The simple answer from Onigbinde was " he is my boy".

Opabunmi's talent then was nt even any where near Victor Osimhen's talent of today.

I dnt want to drag this argument further cos this is an U23 thread. Go back in time, it is nt too long ago to remember, there were question marks as per d inclusion of Adepoju and Opabunmi in dat 2002 WC list.

As per Onigbinde's ethnocentric comment after joining 3SC I am very sure of what i am talking abt. It was even a subject of discuss in of d sports show then.I cannot give u links on that comment bc d internet was nt as widely used then as today.So probably nt documented.

2002 is jst like yesterday to me. If i can vu
vividly remember sporting events of 1984 -87 what is 2002? Jst like yesterday. wink

Hehehehe! See the person pointing fingers. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1952331/all-news-olympic-eagles-u-23/151

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:02am On Mar 23, 2017
Thanks my brother!
Ex-Golden Eagles keeper. Played second fiddle to Ambrose Vinzekin
If not for the Keeper crises he would hardly have been called up. But this may just be his time to shine.

Orkpekyandega:

CC; Joebie

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:09am On Mar 23, 2017
I don't know what prior posts you are talking about.. but that's still your opinion. I'm sure others have agreed with me where you may have dissagreed. So we all are entitled to our opinions.. Feel free to ignore my posts next time if you have an issue with them..
Whenever I'm wrong I've admitted.
Did you take the time to read that digital edition I've been referring to. Yes I am not Odey's parent. But if his parents started him early in school in Ajegunle, fine. He revealed that after graduating from secondary school, he played for a couple amateur teams. And after a botched deal, he had another chance before he signed for MFM and has played there 3 seasons. Based on my math i'm estimating he is above 19. we can keep arguing here till tomorrow. I care less if you disagree. Thanks!

BascoVanVeli:

Boss u have already shown traits of shade with ur prior posts. I can't stop u from posting anything but when ur facts are fixed to get a response i won't agree. If u say he is 21 come with proof and stop speaking in riddles. I never did insult u so don't even try playing the victim as i only tried to make light of ur claim.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:13am On Mar 23, 2017
Latecomer, Etebo in London

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 1:14am On Mar 23, 2017
lol

Nigerdeltaboi:
na so baba God pick him call grin God works in a mysterious way cheesy
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 1:16am On Mar 23, 2017
Yakubu with the gang..

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 1:54am On Mar 23, 2017
tbaba1234:
Latecomer, Etebo in London

the guy try nah, giv am credit,
fro. Portugal to Madrid to process his visa, and even going back by road to pick it up, and flying thesame day to London, not easy ooo,

ETEBO ma man

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 2:08am On Mar 23, 2017
do4luv14:

the guy try nah, giv am credit,
fro. Portugal to Madrid to process his visa, and even going back by road to pick it up, and flying thesame day to London, not easy ooo,

ETEBO ma man

I am just kidding

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mikron(m): 3:19am On Mar 23, 2017
tbaba1234:
Yakubu with the gang..

nice pose wink wink
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:20am On Mar 23, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 3:50am On Mar 23, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (673) (674) (675) (676) (677) (678) (679) ... (16116) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: DOptical, Ppogbae, viccy12, Marjoribanks, elyte89, TheSuperNerd(m), Nomyth and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.