Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (681) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11579680 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 7:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Championship is not beans. It is also challenging. We have seen teams from the Championship like Bournemouth come to the Premier League and cause the big boys problem. What Aluko is doing there is a amazing. Deserves praise and respect.

You still can't compare Aluko's performance in the championship with the likes of what Moses, Iwobi, Ndidi, etc are doing in the EPL.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
Icon79:

You still can't compare Aluko's performance in the championship with the likes of what Moses, Iwobi, Ndidi, etc are doing in the EPL.

Dem go hear?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:18pm On Mar 23, 2017
Icon79:

I gotta confess, I haven't really been following his games this season because the only team I watch in the championship is Newcastle.

but regardless, playing in the championship is a different ball game from playing in the EPL or the equivalent. So you gotta take his achievements with a grain of salt, the level of the opposition matters.

O pari

The disparity between the league is not as large as was previously thought. The pay is also very high and transfer fees huge. Top notch striker in the championship can get to the £20 million level some midfielders are in excess of £15 million. Quite regularly players go from Championship to premiership and vice versa depending on favourable contract terms. Gayle Newcastle United and Richie left the premiership to play in the Championship by choice.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2017
Onazi will be captain for the game... Does that mean he is now ahead of Musa in the Eagles hierarchy?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2017
Rohr being interviewed on naija made.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:35pm On Mar 23, 2017
Daniel Akpeyi to start today.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Let me start with yr last paragraph. Pls how many Nigerian players or ex-junior internationals are making waves in Europe over-all.

Talking about Ramon Azeez.
I loved that guy that year when he played U17. He was my favorite in that team.

But, i think same thing that affected the mercurial Rabiu Ibrahim has affected him too. So much potential as a teenager but their game level refused to move up after being kick started.
In that 2014 that u made reference to I personally never saw Ramon as a player that could add value to that midfield.

People were saying he was the best natural midfielder Nigeria had then. A player that has never been capped? I kept asking the question "how can you be adjudged to be the best when u have not yet been tested"?

By and Large, I dnt agree it was an 'arrangement' as you put it. People who called for his inclusion had a genuine case as he was playing regular football for Almeria for a couple of months leading to that world cup.
I thought other-wise bc i dnt easily trust untested players.
That same forgiveness you are making reference to on 'arrangement problem' was at the fore front of the call for Ramon Azeez.

Like for today's game i would not start a player like Ebuehi.

We are talking in the same vein if you are not having a good club form or a regular in your club how can an accurate assessment be made about your ability.

There are exceptions KC is in a world class team with World class strikers ahead of him. However, it is also a reflection of limited striking options for Nigeria that he is near first choice.

Rabui had incredible promise but has fallen so badly short of all expectations.

Omeruah our best defender arguably is not a top class defender indeed none of them are. They all are showing promise and potential. And they are going up against Mane and others.

Isaac Success is a waste man to me. Why is he in the premiership for Watford, arrangement but more financial money transferring.

Well if we get a draw we would have done exceptionally well. If we loose it is expected but let's not just get slaughtered.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 7:36pm On Mar 23, 2017
Icon4s:

But i saw him on ur proposed starting line up.
cuz i didn't know Echiejile was there

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
New players have been ruled out from starting. They have to sit and watch Mane, he said this is not a gift.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 7:37pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please can we give the Sone Aluko issue a rest, all players can not be invited. Some people say it like he is the next best thing we have. He might be a good player but is he needed in the SE right now, the answer is no. Will he be needed? Maybe. Kalu and Onyekuru did not get a look in does not mean that they don't matter. And the championship is not as good as it is being painted. Even EPL teams are struggling in Europe let alone championship. Seems some people are hell bent on selling the championship. Aluko is average just like most of our player so I don't know why the advocacy. In as much I like the guy's style of play, he just might not fit in into the coach's plan
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:39pm On Mar 23, 2017
Omueru to start at right back again.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:46pm On Mar 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Senegal played one man down for a great part of the game and Wilson Oruma lost a penalty late into second half of extra time to have made it 2-2.

That was the game that sent Oliseh, Finidi, Babangida and some others parking from the national team.
how? What did they do?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2017
Icon4s:

Hmmm.... with Etebo ruled out from starting this is our strongest 10 from that squad in camp.

I would line such a collection thus:

Balogun.. Troost. .Omeruo.. Echiejile

................Ndidi
....................... .Onazi

Musa......... Iwobi........ Simon

................Iheanacho

It doesn't inspire confidence, Ndidi is too much of a. DM he is not an intelligent ball player like Mikel. They could get over run in midfield.

Sometimes you need a striker to hold it up for you when the going get tough and impose himself on the defence. That is not the KC game, we will definitely miss Mikel.

Balogun as wing back he is not technically proficient enough. Keita will have him for dinner I actually prefer Shehu in that position by a huge gap.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
Starting lineup from Naija made
Akpeyi Omueru Balogun Troost Elderson Ndidi Onazi Iwobi Musa Moses Iheanacho
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 7:51pm On Mar 23, 2017
BascoVanVeli:
Starting lineup from Naija made

Akpeyi
Omueru
Balogun
Troost
Elderson
Ndidi
Onazi
Iwobi
Musa
Moses
Iheanacho

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2017
[quote author=Oasis007 post=54879909][/quote]Tope no dey match squad o #Bringbacktope grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:57pm On Mar 23, 2017
As if Aluko has not played in the Premier League before. There was also this hype about him while at Hull. And they got promoted to the Premier League. Didn't live up to expectation.. But i won't lie. He has performed well in the Green white green.

Icon79:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 7:59pm On Mar 23, 2017
komekn:

We are talking in the same vein if you are not having a good club form or a regular in your club how can an accurate assessment be made about your ability.

There are exceptions KC is in a world class team with World class strikers ahead of him. However, it is also a reflection of limited striking options for Nigeria that he is near first choice.

Rabui had incredible promise but has fallen so badly short of all expectations.

Omeruah our best defender arguably is not a top class defender indeed none of them are. They all are showing promise and potential. And they are going up against Mane and others.

Isaac Success is a waste man to me. Why is he in the premiership for Watford, arrangement but more financial money transferring.

Well if we get a draw we would have done exceptionally well. If we loose it is expected but let's not just get slaughtered.

Hahaha we are Nigeria!
No team in Africa can intimidate us.

The boys will shock u tonight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
komekn:

It doesn't inspire confidence, Ndidi is too much of a. DM he is not an intelligent ball player like Mikel. They could get over run in midfield.

Sometimes you need a striker to hold it up for you when the going get tough and impose himself on the defence. That is not the KC game, we will definitely miss Mikel.

Balogun as wing back he is not technically proficient enough. Keita will have him for dinner I actually prefer Shehu in that position by a huge gap.

That is why Iwobi will play the number 10 position. He will combine a lot with Onazi and ensure the goods are delivered to the forwards.

We'll surely miss Mikel but wetin we go do?
Na to make do with wetin we get na.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:08pm On Mar 23, 2017
I've watched the boy Tammy Abraham. He looks like the poacher we need. Also good with the ball.
Let's not forget that Ighalo also duplicated his championship performance at the premier league before his deep. But not all players are the same.

komekn:

The disparity between the league is not as large as was previously thought. The pay is also very high and transfer fees huge. Top notch striker in the championship can get to the £20 million level some midfielders are in excess of £15 million. Quite regularly players go from Championship to premiership and vice versa depending on favourable contract terms. Gayle Newcastle United and Richie left the premiership to play in the Championship by choice.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:10pm On Mar 23, 2017
I rather have us have promising players than big headed super stars. The future is bright..
This match is not a do or die affair. Most importantly let's learn applicable lessons.

Icon4s:

Hahaha we are Nigeria!
No team in Africa can intimidate us.

The boys will shock u tonight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2017
Icon79:

That's not true, when did Ndidi come into the premiership he didn't become good overnight.

Gomez was 18 left Charlton and went straight into Liverpool first team and if not for injury would be a full English international. Essentially the same for Dele left MK Dons straight into first team Tottenham and England possibly England's best and most creative player.

Dembele left Fulham this season went Celtic and is considered the hottest young striker in Europe. Chelsea already put in bid for £50 million but it was rejected.

If Aluko was in a premiership team he would still be top quality player. Because Tevez, Cisse, Demba and Hulk have gone to play in China are they now no longer top or world class strikers

Because Isaac Success has come to the EPL he his now excellent if he was a waste man in Spain he will remain a waste man. 49 games in La Liga in a moi moi team and only 7 goals and Watford paid £12.5 million. Why Read the writing, smell the gravy Isaac was used to do Legal money laundering between two clubs owned by one group.

And some are rating him more than Aluko it's actually insulting. If to say he was in Nigeria he would be called a young U21 player with great promise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:17pm On Mar 23, 2017
Exclusive : Chelsea Whizkid Aina Considers Representing Nigeria After Talks With Rohr On Thursday
Published: March 23, 2017

Exclusive : Chelsea Whizkid Aina Considers Representing Nigeria After Talks With Rohr On Thursday
Chelsea wonderkid Ola Aina is seriously considering playing for the Nigerian national team ahead of his country of birth, England, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.

London Borough of Southwark-born visited the Super Eagles Crowne Plaza Hotel camp on Thursday evening and held high-level talks with manager Gernot Rohr over the possibility of representing Nigeria.

At this stage, Aina has not given Rohr a definite answer but his dad, who accompanied him, has assured the coach his son’s international future lies with the Super Eagles and not the Three Lions.

The 20-year-old right fullback has represented England at U16, U17, U18, U19 and U20 level, but has not been called up to England youth teams in the last one year or so.

Arsenal attacking midfielder Alex Iwobi and Chelsea star Victor Moses represented the Young Lions before switching their allegiance to Nigeria, and Aina might follow suit soon.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22473

E Papa know what's up. grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
neighy:
Guys.. Comparing the 2 team its obvious the senegal side is better n dia players are inform.. Pacy wingers strong midfield.. Then guys how are we to beat senegal

You just nailed my pessimism...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please any link to watch the match?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by phamarsenal: 9:00pm On Mar 23, 2017
any update
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kayzybaba(m): 9:03pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please will supersport show it
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:06pm On Mar 23, 2017
Please if you are viewing the match, kindly give us update
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pyrex23(m): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2017
16 Akpeyi 17 Onazi 5 Troost-Ekong 4 Omeruo 6 Balogun 21 Ndidi 3 Echiéjilé 7 Musa 18 Iwobi 15 Simon 14 Iheanacho Substitutes 8 Success 9 Kayode 10 Etebo 13 Shehu 19 Ogu 20 Awaziem 22 Ebuehi 23 Ezenwa Senegal 23 Ndiaye 25 Wagué 24 Mbengue 3 Koulibaly 8 Kouyaté 11 Ndoye 26 Sané 5 Gueye 7 Sow 9 Diouf 15 Nguette Substitutes 1 Diallo 4 M'Bengue 6 Diedhiou 10 Mané 13 N'Diaye 14 Toure 19 Ciss 21 Gassama 22 Saivet Anthony Taylor

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
urlivestream.com

This is the only link, i can find but you have to pay 500 naira or $3...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Famocious(m): 9:14pm On Mar 23, 2017
9 minutes Nig 0-0 Sen

Crd:: Brilafm twitter acct
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by teeezy00: 9:15pm On Mar 23, 2017
tbaba1234:
urlivestream.com

This is the only link, i can find but you have to pay 500 naira or $3...
The organizers messed up o

(1) (2) (3) ... (678) (679) (680) (681) (682) (683) (684) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Samueltemi337(m), Kog45(m), Sugarboyy(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.