Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,762 members, 7,798,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (845) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11502948 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (16083) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:13pm On Apr 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Just like saying Mourinho and Pep are small boys to Arsene Wenger.

On what basis? I do not get what you are saying? Are you saying Wenger is tactically Superior to Mourinho and Pep by a large Margin? That is definitely not true.

When I say Howe is a small boy, it is not with respect of age but tactical superiority. Howe is a small boy to Rodgers.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:15pm On Apr 24, 2017
safarigirl:
I think this is the point where I blame Buhari for our woes

Hahaha. I still go annoyed each time I Recal how Siasia and his boys landed few hours before their first game at Rio. And the Olodo was busy saying "who sent them to the United States of Nigeria".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:18pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

On what basis? I do not get what you are saying? Are you saying Wenger is tactically Superior to Mourinho and Pep by a large Margin? That is definitely not true.

When I say Howe is a small boy, it is not with respect of age but tactical superiority. Howe is a small boy to Rodgers.

I was relating it to your anology of Howe and Rodgers.

Wait. So you still rate this your Pep this highly.
You have still not explained to me his tactical decision of Substituting Aguero when he did.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Eh as Ajagun is the only AM playing regular football na, make Rohr just give him jersey na.

Of course, he deserves to be looked at. Rohr needs to spread his tentacle, Sieve out the bench warmers. grin

The national team Jersey is not for one to keep. I mean no bi anybody property. You must fight for it. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:21pm On Apr 24, 2017
Loooooollllll....... **laughing out loud indeed**

Safari coooooooool down.... let us see what the summer brings.... there is a good reason I wanna stay mute and say no further until summer.... smiley

safarigirl:
I sincerely hope Kelechi moves to Hoffenheim next season. Yes, learning German to some extent may seem a daunting task, but I do not think it is half as difficult as breaking into City's first team

He shouldn't Mikel his career, no one ever achieved greatness by remaining in their comfort zones (don't mention Messi and Rooney)

Just my 2 kobo though. He has a great chance of playing UCL with them next season and he won't have to worry about any big buys blocking his shine.

I would hate for Jesus to be shining in the UCL while Kelechi sits on the bench watching him shine. Kelechi deserves to shine, if the rest of us can acknowledge that, surely even he can acknowledge it

Dunno if I have to start trolling him on his social media pages to send a message. O
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2017

Safari coooooooool down.... let us see what the summer brings.... there is a good reason I wanna stay mute and speak no further until summer.... smiley

safarigirl:
I sincerely hope Kelechi moves to Hoffenheim next season. Yes, learning German to some extent may seem a daunting task, but I do not think it is half as difficult as breaking into City's first team

He shouldn't Mikel his career, no one ever achieved greatness by remaining in their comfort zones (don't mention Messi and Rooney)

Just my 2 kobo though. He has a great chance of playing UCL with them next season and he won't have to worry about any big buys blocking his shine.

I would hate for Jesus to be shining in the UCL while Kelechi sits on the bench watching him shine. Kelechi deserves to shine, if the rest of us can acknowledge that, surely even he can acknowledge it

Dunno if I have to start trolling him on his social media pages to send a message. O
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:26pm On Apr 24, 2017
He shouldnt 'mikel' his career! grin grin

Well its the num 1 mordsith of mikel that said that grin else id have told the person to expect a backlash from safari.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:29pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ivory Coast have captured Jean Gbamin of Mainz 05 & Jeremy Boga of Granada CF (on loan from Chelsea)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 11:32pm On Apr 24, 2017
Npfl should comman employ all of us on this thread till season ends and see how some erstwhile unknown performers gets the centre stage aka kante stage. The away win will start after goodjoe sama dem with jitsu maybe. danycruso will...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
Icon4s:

Like Ajagun is now our best AM?

Make em play.. Is that too much? grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:33pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Safari coooooooool down.... let us see what the summer brings.... there is a good reason I wanna stay mute and speak no further until summer.... smiley

it is so frustrating reading these terrible reviews about his performances.

Sometimes I wish I could contact some of these guys and just give them honest feedbacks on their careers. Sometimes, the people around you may not be so truthful and may be protecting their interests over yours. I think that's what happens with most if these players whose careers go bust eventually

That his friend that goes everywhere with him and takes pictures, what has he said about his lack of game time? All these nna boys will just be leeching off their friend's success and can't even be useful when it matters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:37pm On Apr 24, 2017
Cornet.... seko Fofana.... now these two..... na only CIV waka come??

tbaba1234:
Ivory Coast have captured Jean Gbamin of Mainz 05 & Jeremy Boga of Granada CF (on loan from Chelsea)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
Loooooolllll..... I think she said that halfheartedly or rather tongue-in-cheek.... safarigirl means it when she says "No one disses Mikel" wink

Meanwhile you just called her A Mordsith.... shocked

Dude... you watch a lot of movies!!!! That is legend of the seeker term for the women in black who uses pain as weapons.... loooollll

daveP:
He shouldnt 'mikel' his career! grin grin

Well its the num 1 mordsith of mikel that said that grin else id have told the person to expect a backlash from safari.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:40pm On Apr 24, 2017
tbaba1234:

any hope for Cameroon and Mbappe? grin

Anyway, I watched the Uefa Youth league finals today and noticed one chaley in the Salzburg team that won the league (he had Ghana's flag hanging on his shoulders), considering they are struggling, for all intents and purposes, I do hope they are looking into snatching some foreign borns as well. They could make a play for that Fosu-Mensah guy, he's decent

Oh, if only they had someone like forgiveness in their country, constantly drafting names of every person with the tiniest link to Ghana who can kick a ball in the diaspora
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:44pm On Apr 24, 2017
Fosu mensh is committed to The Netherlands....

Mbappe.... you know naa... he made his full debut against Spain.... (his first start) and was handed Henry's national team number... #12

Mbappe is French... and on my DLS team... he is doing great things alongside Iheanacho and Dybala... and some extra elite players..... wink

As for Ghana.... well, I could be of help too... but seriously Ghana needs Forgiveness grin

safarigirl:

Anyway, I watched the Uefa Youth league finals today and noticed one chaley in the Salzburg team that won the league (he had Ghana's flag hanging on his shoulders), considering they are struggling, for all intents and purposes, I do hope they are looking into snatching some foreign borns as well. They could make a play for that Fosu-Mensah guy, he's decent

Oh, if only they had someone like forgiveness in their country, constantly drafting names of every person with the tiniest link to Ghana who can kick a ball in the diaspora
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:45pm On Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Flying Eagles Star Promoted To The English Premier League With Newcastle

Newcastle United have secured an immediate return to the English Premier League after beating Preston North End 4-1 at St James' Park on Monday night.

Former Nigeria U20 international Sammy Ameobi was not involved tonight but had suited up four times for the Magpies after he was recalled from his loan spell at Bolton Wanderers in the January transfer window.

The striker appears to be on the brink of an exit from Newcastle with his current contract set to expire in the summer.

Ameobi joined Newcastle United in 2008 and has permanently remained at the club, though he enjoyed brief loan spells at Middlesbrough and Cardiff City.

Before Rafael Benitez's side were demoted at the end of last season, the Nigerian appeared 53 times in the English top-flight, scoring 2 goals ( 3 assists).

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : nufc.co.uk

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22829
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:46pm On Apr 24, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Loooooolllll..... I think she said that halfheartedly or rather tongue-in-cheek.... safarigirl means it when she says "No one disses Mikel" wink

Meanwhile you just called her A Mordsith.... shocked

Dude... you watch a lot of movies!!!! That is legend of the seeker term for the women in black who uses pain as weapons.... loooollll

it wasn't a Mikel diss, as perfect as Mikel is, he could have been so much greater if he just left that comfort zone.

At least Mikel had more games under his belt before the sidelining began and he was no striker. Kelechi is much too green in the game to be sidelined, especially as a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 11:47pm On Apr 24, 2017
safarigirl:

Hehehehe! Very funny.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Danycrusoe(m): 11:48pm On Apr 24, 2017
daveP:
Npfl should comman employ all of us on this thread till season ends and see how some erstwhile unknown performers gets the centre stage aka kante stage. The away win will start after goodjoe sama dem with jitsu maybe. danycruso will...

will shey kini sir? will do what sir

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:49pm On Apr 24, 2017
which friend be that abeg?? Is it one Ogbodo abi na wetin?

safarigirl:
it is so frustrating reading these terrible reviews about his performances.

Sometimes I wish I could contact some of these guys and just give them honest feedbacks on their careers. Sometimes, the people around you may not be so truthful and may be protecting their interests over yours. I think that's what happens with most if these players whose careers go bust eventually

That his friend that goes everywhere with him and takes pictures, what has he said about his lack of game time? All these nna boys will just be leeching off their friend's success and can't even be useful when it matters
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:55pm On Apr 24, 2017
Well, his greatness is what it is.... even if he could have been more.....

As for Kelechi.... his time will come.... he is a fighter... and knows what he wants. Let us just be calm..... remember he said he is aware of all the comments "back home in Nigeria" about his non-playing situation....

So Safari. . he is aware of the general feedbacks already......

Kelechi's greatness in Nigerian colors and club colors will hopefully be better than Mikel's greatness in both colors.... let us just be patient and hope for the best....

safarigirl:
it wasn't a Mikel diss, as perfect as Mikel is, he could have been so much greater if he just left that comfort zone.

At least Mikel had more games under his belt before the sidelining began and he was no striker. Kelechi is much too green in the game to be sidelined, especially as a striker
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:00am On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Fosu mensh is committed to The Netherlands....

Mbappe.... you know naa... he made his full debut against Spain.... (his first start) and was handed Henry's national team number... #12

Mbappe is French... and on my DLS team... he is doing great things alongside Iheanacho and Dybala... and some extra elite players..... wink

As for Ghana.... well, I could be of help too... but seriously Ghana needs Forgiveness grin

what is Fosu-Mensah commiting to Netherlands with such a name as obvious as Fosu-Mensah? He should change his name to Timothy van Menjikk or something. That name is more Ghanaian than Boateng, it is as Ghanaian as Kwadwo Asamoah.

His daddy joined Fosu and Mensah together just so he would make the right choice when the time came, and nigga decides he wants to throw it away and play for the blondies?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:03am On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

which friend be that abeg?? Is it one Ogbodo abi na wetin?

yes, o ya, that one that only knows how to pose for picture and collect money to build house in the village
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:04am On Apr 25, 2017
forgiveness:

Hehehehe! Very funny.
I try grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:07am On Apr 25, 2017
Loooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll....... this lady won't kill me tonight.... it is like you are in form abi.... you wan kee me with laugh....?

Well..... Fosu mensah Timothy is yet to make his senior Debut for Holland so Ghana still stands a chance kinda.... but for now his heart is with The Neitherlands... loooollll

But loooolll..... You ehn..... you are impossible... how u know about him papa intention? Lolll

safarigirl:
what is Fosu-Mensah commiting to Netherlands with such a name as obvious as Fosu-Mensah? He should change his name to Timothy van Menjikk or something. That name is more Ghanaian than Boateng, it is as Ghanaian as Kwadwo Asamoah.

His daddy joined Fosu and Mensah together just so he would make the right choice when the time came, and nigga decides he wants to throw it away and play for the blondies?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:12am On Apr 25, 2017
That dude sef.... well..... na him sabi....

Kelechi once said with his whole heart before his Man city breakthrough that he wanna be the best in the world someday and get his hand on the ballon D'or like Weah did and like Messi and Ronaldo did.

Messi and Kaka are his model players.... Kelechi is doing his best to manage the situation he is facing while the summer promises so many twists and possible surprises about his career direction and more....

It is in this light that I believe Iheanacho knows if he is on track to accomplishing his dreams or not.... it is up to him.... but I have faith in the lad... that he knows what he is doing....

safarigirl:
yes, o ya, that one that only knows how to pose for picture and collect money to build house in the village
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:17am On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Loooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll....... this lady won't kill me tonight.... it is like you are in form abi.... you wan kee me with laugh....?

Well..... Fosu mensah Timothy is yet to make his senior Debut for Holland so Ghana still stands a chance kinda.... but for now his heart is with The Neitherlands... loooollll

But loooolll..... You ehn..... you are impossible... how u know about him papa intention? Lolll

I am just befuddled as to how a nigga with such a nigga name can play for a non-blacj country.

Even the other black guys on the Ned team like Wijnaldum and Ings have foreign names, but when you're a black man named Fosu-Mensah, you'll be a bit too obvious on a team from a country that has no former African colonies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:19am On Apr 25, 2017
What about Gerald Asamoah of Ghana who played for Germany?

Asamoah is as Ghanaian as Fosu and mensah.... looollll

And also Bamidele Alli.... but Yeah England colonised Nigeria shaa.... looollll

safarigirl:
I am just befuddled as to how a nigga with such a nigga name can play for a non-blacj country.

Even the other black guys on the Ned team like Wijnaldum and Ings have foreign names, but when you're a black man named Fosu-Mensah, you'll be a bit too obvious on a team from a country that has no former African colonies
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:25am On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
What about Gerald Asamoah of Ghana who played for Germany?

Asamoah is as Ghanaian as Fosu and mensah.... looollll

And also Bamidele Alli.... but Yeah England colonised Nigeria shaa.... looollll

didn't mention Dele cuz he's mixed sef, not cuz of the colony ish

If Fosu-Mensah was mixed, it would have been much more understandable, but he's as black as the average black man. This Asamoah guy must not have lasted long enough to be of any impact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27am On Apr 25, 2017
Ex-Golden Eaglets Trainee Ejaria Plays First Game In Three Months For Liverpool Against Man City

Former Golden Eaglets invitee Ovie Ejaria played his first game in three months for Liverpool at any level in their hard fought 3-2 win over Manchester City in a Premier League 2 encounter at Prenton Park on Monday night.

The exciting talent picked up a long-term injury in the Reds 2-1 loss to Wolves back in January, and returned to full training last week.

In Ejaria's bid to return to full fitness, he was handed game time for about an hour against the visitors from Manchester.

The England U20 star was joined in the starting XI by teammate Sheyi Ojo, Tosin Adarabioyo also started for City and Ashinme Kigbu took his place among the substitutes.

Ejaria has less than two weeks to prove he is in tiptop condition before Young Lions boss Paul Simpson announces his roster for this summer's Fifa U20 World Cup.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : liverpoolfc.com

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=22828

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:29am On Apr 25, 2017
This Gerald Asamoah I speak of actually featured for Germany in the 2002 World Cup sef I think or was it 2006? I think it is 2002.. he was a major player kinda....
He even started some of the games Germany played leading up to the WC 2002 and even started in some WC games leading up to the final... I was only 10 at the time during the korea/Japan 2002 WC... but that name, Gerald Asamoah stuck with me cos he was the only black man in German jersey.... looollll

But you are right shaa.... Fosu mensah is as black and African as Stephen Appiah and Michael Essien.... looollll

Well, his choice shaa

safarigirl:
didn't mention Dele cuz he's mixed sef, not cuz of the colony ish

If Fosu-Mensah was mixed, it would have been much more understandable, but he's as black as the average black man. This Asamoah guy must not have lasted long enough to be of any impact
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:35am On Apr 25, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
This Gerald Asamoah I speak of actually featured for Germany in the 2002 World Cup sef I think or was it 2006? I think it is 2002.. he was a major player kinda....

But you are right shaa.... Fosu mensah is as black and African as Stephen Appiah and Michael Essien.... looollll

Well, his choice shaa

he should good luck, Ghana isn't offering a much better deal sincerely, they could miss the world cup next year

(1) (2) (3) ... (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) (848) ... (16083) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: shawwal1(m), Hanibal(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.