Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,694 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11582358 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4430) (4431) (4432) (4433) (4434) (4435) (4436) ... (16118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:10pm On Jul 20, 2018
komekn:

Let's be objective and not sentimental.

How many seasons of top flight football has Origi played❓ Add to that top clubs then Consider the players that Origi is dragging Jersey with, Mane, Salah, Firmino, Llanna, to name a few of these £50 million + players.

Wolfsburg is arguably the lowest club Origi has played for and he is still only 23. When he was 17 he was regular in Lille in France. At 19 he was a regular in Liverpool. He is currently wanted by Newcastle United in the EPL.

As a striker Origi to me is not good enough for top flight football.

He didn't get into the Belguim team because there are too many players better than him at the moment.

You brought the comparison of Osimhen with Origi not me. They have never been on the same level.and are still not on the same level. You even said that Osimhen had displaced Origi at Wolfsburg, I'm sure you know now that's not true.

I am not attacking him. I am using the same unit of measurement without favoritism to appraise his quality. He is near 21 and he has only played 13 senior games and hardly any full games. In total.he has not played up to 5 full games of senior football.

That's failure let's call a spade a spade. Forget the diplomatic ramblings from his coaches it's just politeness.

As it stands he is not necessarily better than boys who are playing non league football in England. At least they are playing senior football and not youth football.

So telling the truth using a universal standard without exception for player assessment is now. ATTACKING A PLAYER

Bruv please you are too matured and knowledgeable for this kind of sentiment.

Origi has been to a world cup and a Euro with this same Belgium team. He went to Wolfsburg hoping to get into the world cup.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11301515/what-has-gone-wrong-for-on-loan-liverpool-forward-divock-origi-at-wolfsburg

3 starts in your first season in not only Europe but the Bundesliga no be beans o. Everyone can't be an overnight celebrity but your excuses are bogus. Who cares if the team is fighting relegation?
Now you are adding up minutes but you fail to realize that even a 29 year old can go a whole season with less than 13 appearances. Would you call that one a youth player too? Your standards are set up to make the player look bad and that's not calling a spade a spade.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 1:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
Dear terzurum5, I feel it is still early to include Qatar 2022 to the title. We can include that when the WCQ begins.

We also need to do away with "the dawn of a new era".
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 2:12pm On Jul 20, 2018
Please create a new topic for Qatar 2022.

This one is already too long
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2018
owbabs:
Please create a new topic for Qatar 2022.

This one is already too long

Qualifiers for Qatar 2022 is no where near commencement. So why create a thread for it?

The qualifiers for AFCON 2019 is in progress. The numencleature should follow that line.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:04pm On Jul 20, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

O pari o

tbaba1234:
Morocco Under 15, that we played today.. See that guy with beards. He might just be one of those kids that grow fast
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon79(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2018
May God bless you real good, my brother! I have lost interest on this thread because of the whole age speculation craps.

Like Kog45 said, if you have any hard evidence, please bring them to the attention of the NFF. And I can help you get in touch with the right people as well.

O pari

Kog45:
Bros abeg make una relax on this age matta.

If anyone has any issue regards any player's age should pls channel it to NFF.

On Gatta issue,had a chat with his old uncle who is a close friend.

My submission only God can save Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by owbabs: 5:25pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

Qualifiers for Qatar 2022 is no where near commencement. So why create a thread for it?

The qualifiers for AFCON 2019 is in progress. The numencleature should follow that line.

Okay. As long as we do not have 'Qatar 2022' in the title of this thread it's fine grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
tbaba1234:
Morocco Under 15, that we played today.. See that guy with beards. He might just be one of those kids that grow fast

No, he is not over-aged. It is normal for a Moroccan 15years old to grow that kind of beared but if na Nigerian player now you will hear remours of how he came for training with his wife and children

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:58pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

No, he is not over-aged. It is normal for a Moroccan 15years old to grow that kind of beared but if na Nigerian player now you will hear remours of how he came for training with his wife and children

Yes, Arabs are very hairy... Besides, i expect them to have better records than Nigeria.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:03pm On Jul 20, 2018
tbaba1234:

Yes, Arabs are very hairy... Besides, i expect them to have better records than Nigeria.

Yes I know Arabs just like jews are very hairy.

But for an U15 player(maybe he is even 14) to grow such beards. And you easily want to accept.

Issorite...*just passing and whistling away*.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:05pm On Jul 20, 2018
tbaba1234:

How did the game even finish?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

But for an U15 player(maybe he is even 14) to grow such beards. And you easily want to accept.

He looks older than his age but if they have proper records, it is much harder to cheat the system. Some people look older than their age.

Our problem is a lack of record. So we see ridiculous levels of cheating.

I do not accuse players of age cheating based on face alone. There is usually corroborating evidence.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:09pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

How did the game even finish?

3:2..

Nigeria won
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2018
tbaba1234:

3:2..
Nigeria won
Where was the game played?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

Where was the game played?

Algeria. African youth games
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:23pm On Jul 20, 2018
tbaba1234:

Algeria. African youth games

OK.

But my question is should this be an U15 or an U14 team. Cos players who are 15 are supposed to already be with the Golden Eaglets team. Next year is the U17 tournament so we expect the current 15 years olds to be 16 then and should be part of the Eaglets then.

I know this crop is different from the Eaglets team because the later are currently in camp preparing for the U17 zonal elimination series. Of which I know some 15years olds would be part of.

Well, let's see how things pan out. NFF and the coaches should just do a good job and give us quality representations at the U17 level.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 6:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

I had goatee and hairy chest at 15 in SS1/SS2. Although that Morrocan boy looks 18 atleast.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 6:30pm On Jul 20, 2018
Even Akpoborie played in the German second tier, and was very impressive before he moved up. Osimhen is even young.
andrew444:

I agree with everything you said here,no need to be siding our players when things are not going out well.

Yes Wolfsburg is a shadow of its former self,and osimhen doesnt play games more than origi,anybody that say that is a liar.

The boy should move on loan,even if its german division 2,he should go,that doesnt mean he will not be a great player,he cant just sit down there in wolfsburg

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 6:31pm On Jul 20, 2018
goldfish80:

I had goatee and hairy chest at 15 in SS1/SS2. Although that Morrocan boy looks 18 atleast.

I hope you are not one of those accusing Francis Uzoho of age cheating?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

OK.

But my question is should this be an U15 or an U14 team. Cos players who are 15 are supposed to already be with the Golden Eaglets team. Next year is the U17 tournament so we expect the current 15 years olds to be 16 then and should be part of the Eaglets then.

I know this crop is different from the Eaglets team because the later are currently in camp preparing for the U17 zonal elimination series. Of which I know some 15years olds would be part of.

Well, let's see how things pan out. NFF and the coaches should just do a good job and give us quality representations at the U17 level.

When MRI is done, the under 17 team will be decimated as usual so i am sure some boys from here will be asked to join the team.

Most of the boys here are eligible for the next under 17.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

I hope you are not one of those accusing Francis Uzoho of age cheating?
I don't know about Uzoho's age, but if you believe he's 19yrs old, good for you meen.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:15pm On Jul 20, 2018
Chidozie Awaziem started for Porto again in their preseason game today. He was among the six players subbed at half time.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:57pm On Jul 20, 2018
L
BascoVanVeli:

Origi has been to a world cup and a Euro with this same Belgium team. He went to Wolfsburg hoping to get into the world cup.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11301515/what-has-gone-wrong-for-on-loan-liverpool-forward-divock-origi-at-wolfsburg

3 starts in your first season in not only Europe but the Bundesliga no be beans o. E[/b]veryone can't be an [b]overnight celebrity but your excuses are bogus. Who cares if the team is fighting relegation?

Now you are adding up minutes but you fail to realize that even a 29 year old can go a whole season with less than 13 appearances. Would you call that one a youth player too? Your standards are set up to make the player look bad and that's not calling a spade a spade.

Firstly, this is his second season not first.

In player assessment we do not set a seperate unit of measurement for the player alone. We look at the general standard and expectation for players who are 21 or thereabouts. We do not say because he is Nigerian we will use a different set of standard. That would be bias and favouritism.

In this regard if you are approaching 21 have barely played 300 minutes of senior football over two seasons. 13 games of which not up to five are full games. The hard truth is you are not valued. Words ate cheap actions speak louder.

Do you know that it is better to be playing non league in England than to be sitting in Wolfsburg pretending you are going somewhere.

Osayemen Osawe played non league in England and played in Bundesliga 2 for Kaiserslatern which is actually quite a big club. But like Wolfsburg it's glory days are gone. He is only 23 but because he's playing senior professional football he probably has q higher rating than Osimhen.

The comparison of a 29 year is frivolous and without any substance of merit. A 29 year old who has only played 13 games is a dreamer. There is no 29 year in professional football that's has only played 13 games.

Any professional footballer at 20+ that had only played 13 professional games is FAILING. That's the plain ungarnished truth with no prejudice.

If Victor does not go on loan IMMEDIATELY his career that hasn't even started will end.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 9:59pm On Jul 20, 2018
tbaba1234:
Chidozie Awaziem started for Porto again in their preseason game today. He was among the six players subbed at half time.

Agu nko?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2018
Joebie:
Even Akpoborie played in the German second tier, and was very impressive before he moved up. Osimhen is even young.

Bro times have changed.

I want you to look at Dominic Iorfa, Seyi Ojo, Tega Onomah, Tega Abrahams, Ademola Lookman, Ebere Eze, Ola Aina, Ovie Ejaria, Fred Onyedinma all within the age bracket of Osimhen. Check how many games they have played please.

In this football game if you are not moving you are going backwards. Without playing competitive games how on earth can you improve.

To buttress my point look at howany Brazilian teenagers are playing first team football I'm Brazil. Look at how many French teenagers are playing in French league 1.

Football is a short term career that you have little time to make it. If at 21 you are not playing regularly No JOKE wahala deh.

Akpoborie Jonathan was playing regular football in the lower tier, performed and was promoted to the Bundesliga with a big transfer.

Nobody will buy Osimhen in the Bundesliga or take him on loan. He is unproven and is still at near 21 just potential.

Osayemen Osawe has played 3 season in the Bundesliga 2 he has a better rating. Although as a striker he is far from top quality. Not surprising his club Kaiserslatern has been relegated.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:37pm On Jul 20, 2018
Icon4s:

Arab guys ate naturally hairy some of them are like gorillas. It's just the way they are.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 11:00pm On Jul 20, 2018
ChrisKels:

Agu nko?

Agu started on the Bench
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
komekn:
L

Firstly, this is his second season not first.

In player assessment we do not set a seperate unit of measurement for the player alone. We look at the general standard and expectation for players who are 21 or thereabouts. We do not say because he is Nigerian we will use a different set of standard. That would be bias and favouritism.

In this regard if you are approaching 21 have barely played 300 minutes of senior football over two seasons. 13 games of which not up to five are full games. The hard truth is you are not valued. Words ate cheap actions speak louder.

Do you know that it is better to be playing non league in England than to be sitting in Wolfsburg pretending you are going somewhere.

Osayemen Osawe played non league in England and played in Bundesliga 2 for Kaiserslatern which is actually quite a big club. But like Wolfsburg it's glory days are gone. He is only 23 but because he's playing senior professional football he probably has q higher rating than Osimhen.

The comparison of a 29 year is frivolous and without any substance of merit. A 29 year old who has only played 13 games is a dreamer. There is no 29 year in professional football that's has only played 13 games.

Any professional footballer at 20+ that had only played 13 professional games is FAILING. That's the plain ungarnished truth with no prejudice.

If Victor does not go on loan IMMEDIATELY his career that hasn't even started will end.

You are simply bending facts. Your argument has no merit. How can a player play in season that he is injured? If Victor was allowed to play with the team before 18 like other European boys you could say we shouldn't have separate units of measurement but not now. Every player will need time to acclimate in a new environment.

How many appearances did Ross Barkley make last season? Danny Drinkwater? Ben Arfa PSG? Daley Blind? Go look at burley I bet you'd find a couple who didn't notch 13 apps.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:22am On Jul 21, 2018
Abdulllahi Alfa (2013 under 17) goal in the Europa League playoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzTxhWh8FXE

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by DrLikita12(f): 6:43am On Jul 21, 2018
Higher Institution Football League kicks off on July 28th. It appears to be more organized and have more sponsorship than the NPFL. They hope to expand to other sports next year if this edition is successful.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailytrust.com.ng/amplite/higher-institutions-football-league-will-solve-nigeria-s-football-deficit-261123.html

Jerseys, fixtures and twitter handles for the participating teams can be found on this twitter page

https://mobile.twitter.com/HiFLNigeria

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:40am On Jul 21, 2018
Certain tau or so from memelodi sounders in South African league made a direct change of transfer to Brighton and hives in EPL..

And coming back home, a certain league winner will be going for trial on one Norwegian third tie league embarassed embarassed
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 7:49am On Jul 21, 2018
krattoss:
Certain tau or so from memelodi sounders in South African league made a direct change of transfer to Brighton and hives in EPL..

And coming back home, a certain league winner will be going for trial on one Norwegian third tie league embarassed embarassed
Percy Tau. He's going on loan as he doesn't qualify yet for work permit.
PSL has always been way ahead of our league na

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4430) (4431) (4432) (4433) (4434) (4435) (4436) ... (16118) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: delightchamp, victornoah(m), Odunayaw(m), elyte89 and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.