Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11583986 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) ... (16119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Yes we need to act early.. we need to be hawk-eyed, to see talents even before they take notice, and start building relationships.
Time to act on Torunarigha is now.

By the way, Echiejile started from the bench today.

TheSuperNerd:
I saw this too but kept mute.... I did warn this house about Plattenhardt's rise.... didnt I? That is who Germany is looking at...

We can still act now and grab Torunarigha... NFF biko!!!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
Rushford miles better than Nacho
When you walk with the wise you become wiser
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 4:28pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
I understand this whole talk of English fans and media and their expectations of Nacho at Leicester and the pressure to hit things running immediately.... I understand all that and I know exactly what I will be telling Nacho because I don't buy the attitude of relaxing on oars... no way!

What I am saying is you, Sir Komekn...give him a break. This was his first start... and he understands the huge expectations on his head and young shoulders... did you see how upset and disappointed he was when he picked up that toe injury in the friendly against Mochengladbach? did you see his reactions and the way he stumped his palm on the ground in frustration?

That there is him displaying disgust at just picking up an injury when in fact he should be preparing to get things off the ground in flight at Leicester... he was upset because he understands the expectations of the fans and the media. So don't tell me he doesn't understand or that I being his advisor will tell him sh*t...

My own is leave Nacho alone to make his comeback... get off his case and let him be. Let the media and leicester fans do the Talking.... from what I have seen they have been patient.... so you follow suit and let him land biko. He is just making his first start... haba!

And again... I had to comment because you called Nacho the most expensive striker bought by Leicester when in fact it was Slimani... and now you call Slimani a waste man... lol... Sir, what is the standard for tagging players waste men sef? lol... your own don too much I swear... Hahahahahahahahaha....

Anyway... my views are as holistic and wide-viewed as it can be.... my own is simply... you Sir, give Nacho a break. No need over flogging the issue of the media and fans hype and pressure.... I am well aware of it all and so also is Nacho himself.

If you pay near £30 million for an experienced striker and he plot only 31 games and scores 8 goals.

What will you call that

Once again this near obsessive protectionism surrounding KC by you. This he can do no wrong mentality does'nt help objective observations & advice
Nobody is given him a hard time. This is constructive criticism not sentiment.

understand there is very little patience in football.

He is still the most expensive striker this season last season is history.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
TheSuperNerd:

Wow! wow!! wow!!! thanks Chief Icon4s.... very brilliant summary.... I need to know the name of the player in Jersey no.10... she is one of those subs as you said... sadly I didn't have their numbers down. Thanks so much again for the summary from your first-class eyewitness report view... really appreciated. smiley

Congrats to the girls again. Keep flying Super Falconets.

Please pardon my use of 'numbers' rather than their names. You know this crop did not sell themselves well when they were at the U17 as they had a dismal showing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:31pm On Sep 17, 2017
HOLLAND Eridivisie:

Twente 4-0 Utrecht.
Cyriel Dessers was on for the away losers from start to finish.

Den Haag 1-1 Ajax
SE Right-Back, Tyrone Ebuehi was also in action for the entire duration for Den Haag.

Vitesse 0-0 Venlo (HALF-TIME)
Kelechi Nwakali in bench for the away team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
I remember telling done guy here that Moses won't start. Surprised that he did and he responded with a very solid display. I have been happily shamed and I'm glad he's risen to the competition. But he should not take his foot off that gas cos Zappacosta is waiting and breathing down his neck

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2017
komekn:

You need to move away from the parochial view, you views things from a Nigerian perspective almost exclusively. Be more holistic I know our first consideration is Nigeria but to get a more rounded constructive view we should consider the entire picture.

Slimani is in his second season with Leicester as far as the fans are concerned even the coaching staff (privately) a waste man. He is near 30 and almost completely written off as unable. 31 games and 8 goals is not premiership quality it's dissapointing in reality. There is no expectation on him.

However, KC comes with huge expectations he is the new point man. Young exciting best goal per minutes ratio in the premiership. Leicester fought off other clubs and there were quite a few to get KC.

Have no doubt we are dealing with English fans and a very traditional English orientated club. It's not about me giving him a break. if I was to be his advisor and say what you are saying that would be completely wrong advice.

You have to let the player know what the club expectations are not yours. Otherwise you are setting him up to fail and not doing your job properly that's if for instance you were his agent.

To be forewarned is to be fore armed.

let's wait for at least 10+

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
SPAIN LaLiga:

Girona 0-0 Sevilla
Olarenwaju Kayode in Girona's bench. 65 minutes played.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mostob(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
in the hands of the center refs lol
exactly. Ghana have been playing like an over-pampered child so far
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2017
This obsessive style of criticism by you nko.... stop over flogging things and let Nacho be. Kid just came back... let him have his run biko. He knows what is expected of him so you don't need to be so over-emphatic.... the message is well gotten.

So call it protectionism or whatever you like...... it is not my concern.

Constructive criticism from you abi? You who once tried all you could to play down Nacho's scoring stats in the EPL but now raising it as a point in your "Expectations" argument... what is so constructive about it sef? you don't even sound like you believe in the lad... plsss let him be. Let him have his run and then you can speak as the judge that you are, Okay?... thank you.

And take your correction... he is the most expensive striker/forward they got this season for the first team and that is partly also because he was the only one they got... lol

You said he is Leicester's most expensive Striker... you made no mention of seasons... but you were dead wrong aiit.... He is not! It is Slimani... so get that straight.... wink

komekn:

If you pay near £30 million for an experienced striker and he plot only 31 games and scores 8 goals.

What will you call that

Once again this near obsessive protectionism surrounding KC by you. This he can do no wrong mentality does'nt help objective observations & advice

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2017
Iwobi is one time bomb that is going to explode any time soon...
Played central mildfield against cologne..also good at rmf and lmf. .
Watching him play today against Chelsea, all I can say is ...the dude is a baller and always calm with the ball..
Oezil needs to watch his back cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
Believe me if Ozil was African, He will be chopping bench already because of Iwobi.... he hasn't been up to par this season so far.

His previous records and his German reputation is what is still putting him ahead of a fast-rising bad-ass in Iwobi. Sentiments still rule the beautiful game in one way or the other... it cannot be hidden or denied.

krattoss:
Iwobi is one time bomb that is going to explode any time soon...
Played central mildfield against cologne..also good at rmf and lmf. .
Watching him play today against Chelsea, all I can say is ...the dude is a baller and always calm with the ball..
Oezil needs to watch his back cool

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
The point is the boy just had his first start. There are still over 20 games to be played.

komekn:

What will you call that

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
I agree!

TheSuperNerd:

Believe me if Ozil was African, He will be chopping bench already because of Iwobi.... he hasn't been up to par this season so far.

His previous records and his German reputation is what is still putting him ahead of a fast-rising bad-ass in Iwobi. Sentiments still rule the beautiful game in one way or the other... it cannot be hidden or denied.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2017
TURKEY SuperLig:

Baseksehir 2-2 Trabzonspor
Eddy Onazi made a cameo, after being introduced by Trabz in the 87th minute.

Osmanlispor 2-4 Sivasspor
Elderson Echiejile made an early entry for the away team on the 40th minute after Sivasspor new first choice LB was cautioned.
Echiejile was also cautioned in the dying minutes.

Dream Team VI forward, Aminu Umar also started from the bench. He was introduced by Osmanlispor just after the break.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
SWEDEN Allsvenskan:

Sirius 0-5 Ostersunds
Alhaji Gero was a 69th minute entrant when his team pummeled Sirius away.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2017
oloriooko:
Rushford miles better than Nacho
When you walk with the wise you become wiser
it's Rashford....I hate that boy ehn angry can't even stand hearing his name
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 5:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
safarigirl:
But he's good and improving tremendously under Mou he gains confidence with each passing game unlike Nacho under a mediocre coach angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2017
safarigirl:
But why naa?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2017
Joebie:
SWEDEN Allsvenskan:

Sirius 0-5 Ostersunds
Alhaji Gero was a 69th minute entrant when his team pummeled Sirius away.

Hmm Alhaji Gero. That name surfaces again after a long while.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 5:30pm On Sep 17, 2017
kayode brought on
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:34pm On Sep 17, 2017
Muazzam making his debut

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by femianski: 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2017
chai just because of zapacosta see the way these people are downgrading Moses
saw this on a Chelsea page
Full-time: Chelsea 0 Arsenal 0.

Match analysis :
Not going to hide anything, Moses was poor today. Couldn't get the ball ahead and was constantly being outplayed by Kolasinac. Not good if he's competing with Zappacosta.

Pedro missed a crucial one on one with the keeper and then just faded away.

Bakayoko and Kante were both decent. Baka made decent dribbles and moved forward. Kante made good passes and didn't make mistakes. Dave was also decent in the defence. Luiz was decent through the game but got himself a silly sentoff.
Cahill was a disappointment, Rudiger is honesty better than him.
Alonso was constantly getting bested by Bellerin and Fabregas just went invisible.
Morata got the ball in dangerous areas but was fouled many times, needs to be stronger.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2017
NORWAY Eliteserien:

Lillestrom 0-0 Kristiansund (40 mins played)
Nigerian trio, Charles Ezeh, Marco Tagbajumi, and Ifeanyi Matthew all start for Lillestrom.
Lillestrom has Moses Ebiye, and Bulgarian-Nigerian Shikoze Udoji in bench.

Sogndal 0-0 Haugesund (40 mins played)
Chidiera Nwakali start for Sogndal

Shuibu Ibrahim lead Naugesund's frontline.
Izuchukwu Anthony in the away team's bench.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
soetanoreoluwa:

Seriously you know about Owo soup? Lol...

Dem deh give goat to Lion hold
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
He scored just awhile ago
Icon4s:

Hmm Alhaji Gero. That name surfaces again after a long while.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by adegwurulez(m): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2017
komekn:

I disagree with your view, up and down the country all that Moses gets is praise, even from opponents.
You should visit the nairaland chelsea thread
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 5:46pm On Sep 17, 2017
komekn:

Dem deh give goat to Lion hold

Na eating sure pass o! Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 5:57pm On Sep 17, 2017
Introducing Finnish-Nigerian Left-Back, Nnaemeka Anyamele.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nnaemeka-anyamele/leistungsdaten/spieler/224693
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 6:15pm On Sep 17, 2017
After reading comments on how nacho has faired so far in Leicester. I can only shake my head. The boy hasn't even played 90 competitive minutes and some are already writing him off- just like that? You guys make it look has if he hasn't score in ages even though he muster a goal via a calm header while injured yet still he is move has already been tag a potential failure. O gaa o o.

I watched him against chelsea and I saw a guy who's happy playing again... His touches has improved a bit and that alone can make the difference-considering the kind of player he is.

Let spare him some space-he'll soon be back and peradventure if he fails to live to expectation in leceister he can always go somewhere else to revive his career...

That's how many wrote off Taiwo but slowly and steadily the dude has started banging in goals again in belgian(if I'm right) topflight... We forget quickly that these guys are barely 20/21. I wonder what will be said of Nacho if he had such a stagnation.

Well if Slimani, Success who were bought for less than £30m are tagged waste men then what will be said of Kaka, Bale etc who were outstanding before their moves which cost those clubs fortune?

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2017
Kog45:
Truly yea Slimani,a total flopped with that huge money but Nacho is our own,so he must not follow Slimani path coz it w definitely have effects in d national team,look at Algeria team.

I want to see Nacho doing it d way Ndidi is doing it week in week out,despite d team poor performance, Ndidii is always getting high rating.

Honestly too early to speak on Nacho performance in Leicester but irrespective of Shakespeare methods,Nacho must deliver

But, Ndidi will easily find his way around the formation because it is a defensive set-up. Ndidi plays as a defensive midfielder. However the forward players are the ones who are finding it hard in the set-up.

Ndidi's challenge is when it comes to forward play. Shakespeare's system inhibits the creative side of Ndidi.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2017
oloriooko:

But he's good and improving tremendously under Mou he gains confidence with each passing game unlike Nacho under a mediocre coach angry

I doubt you watched the game today. Rashford had a poor outing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1522) (1523) (1524) (1525) (1526) (1527) (1528) ... (16119) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gloryon(m), do4luv14(m), mostob(m), elyte89, femicyrus(m), victornoah(m) and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.