Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,999 members, 7,806,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11571220 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) ... (16113) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2017
2 north, 1 south, 1 east and 1 west.
junnyjake:

Most of them are South/nothern Americans
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:30pm On Nov 19, 2017
MetalJigsaw:
I agree with you 100%

But have you watch that Desser play? how does he play

So you've not watched him play and you're here crying about the hypes he receives on this thread??

I'd advice, you go see him and tell me, if you see similarities between he and Suarez.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2017
terzurum5:
No one seems to be talking about Samuel Adegbenro. Dude packs a lot of shots in his boots. He has got eyes for goals too.

It is not just enough to arrange squard for Russia 2018 World Cup alone. We should also be thinking post 2018 World Cup.

Maybe we should try out Samuel Adegbenro of Rosenborg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFfIwUk5bks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqLzCnas_uc

I asked the question quite some time ago how is it possible that a standout player irrespective of nationality in the lowly Norwegian league.

Was somehiw omitted for a player who is in a low level team that's third from bottom of the league Nwakali. But this Samuel arguably the best winger in the entire league with Rosenburg possibly thier best team over the past 10 years was missed. By the esteemed faceless scouting crew of the NFF baffling but not surprising.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:42pm On Nov 19, 2017
Loogan:

What a pity if only Mel had not been sacked, what makes the situation worse is that the current goalkeeper is not as good as uzoho all they needed to do was show a little more faith since he handed himself well in his debut.
How can this amount of talent that is suitable for a whole Nigeria NT already, how can that player be reduced to 3rd division matches.
Those Sparniads don't even give a shit about Africans. Hopefully he gets a loan in January.

Spaniards don't give a sh¡t about us, those guys are the most receptive of Nigerian players than anyone out there, go figure.

Their fans were the ones who pushed for Francis's debut, after his eye catching performances at the B team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2017
Icon79:
The Connecticut Lottery has an iconic TV promo, back when I lived there, it says, you can't win if you don't play.

Our boys haven't progressed because, in some cases, they haven't really been given a chance to play. You can't progress if you don't play. Take the case of Kelechi, for instance, how many games has he started and completed at Leicester since the beginning of the season? Now, people would expect him to score 20 goals per season just by playing 10 mins per match, here and there. If our players start one or two games without hitting it out the park then they are exiled onto the bench for the foreseeable future. Now, how do you expect them to perform wonders? Do you know that sitting on the bench does damage to one confidence?

I don't know if you know my story but I speak from experience when I say some of these things.

O pari

You do not know my story either.

But in England thier is preference and even favoritism.

However, you can overcome all these issues with outstanding exceptional performances. To play regularly you have to earn the right to play by performance.

Unfortunately KC has not performed and as a result not earned the right. He just has to up his game and try keep trying and work harder.

Demari Grey was relegated to warm bench new manager. And he plays and wins with outstanding performance the MOTM that's why he is playing now. He earned the right.

I could go into depth about this problem which is not unique to Nigerians. I have had players from Benfica struggle in England and get completely lost.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:50pm On Nov 19, 2017
Questence:

Thoinks you

You welcome.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
somehow:
2 north, 1 south, 1 east and 1 west.

I'm not that good with the Sub-American geography. But I counted 10 American names there.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2017
junnyjake:

As an African player you have to be twice as good as your European/american counterpart, if not, you get the bench - Jay Jay okocha 2017

Can you please say that to D Drogba or Cisse or Demba Ba or Yakubu or Zaha or Bolasie or even Niase the forgotten abused man at Everton that has become thier saviour.

Yes there is racism and discrimination 109% however, as hard as it is its possible to overcome.

JJay had to stop show boating and become more effective at Bolton I actually felt he played his most effective football at Bolton.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Abusule007: 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mujtahida:

Same thing happened shortly after we qualified. When you contribute to the maximal performance of your national team it gives you great confidence. I still feel there's a secret joy which player well for your country gives which cannot be had playing for your club.
When playing for club side, they play for the money mostly then fame. But playing for country, they play with joy and for the pride of the country.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2017
komekn:

I asked the question quite some time ago how is it possible that a standout player irrespective of nationality in the lowly Norwegian league.

Was somehiw omitted for a player who is in a low level team that's third from bottom of the league Nwakali. But this Samuel arguably the best winger in the entire league with Rosenburg possibly thier best team over the past 10 years was missed. By the esteemed faceless scouting crew of the NFF baffling but not surprising.

Nwakali is not a winger.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by junnyjake(m): 10:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
komekn:

Can you please say that to D Drogba or Cisse or Demba Ba or Yakubu or Zaha or Bolasie or even Niase the forgotten abused man at Everton that has become thier saviour.

Yes there is racism and discrimination 109% however, as hard as it is its possible to overcome.

JJay had to stop show boating and become more effective at Bolton I actually felt he played his most effective football at Bolton.

If those players you mentioned didn't work twice as much as their European teammates, forget it, na bench their career go finish.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 10:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mujtahida:

'New pretenders '?
Why the tone of derogation? Imagine, imagine. Why is he not there? Abeggi. The Argentines were beaten both technically and on the energy levels. Do you know where that energy comes from? It comes from the sheer youthfulness of the team. Rohr has an unmistakable plan to reduce the average age of the team. In fact he was running high and solo with that intention before the game against SA gave him course to have a rethink. With Mikel, Musa, Moses, Onazi, Echiejile and Omeruo there's ample experience in the team.

Rohr's vision is forward. He's been testing young players. Have you seen him test them papi Martins and co? Can't you see the signs? The man is thinking about the future. The only old guard that stands a chance is Enyeama. Martins and co will not even get a look in. I don tell you.

That's how you spoke condescendingly of Ebuehi while speaking high of Aina. Ebuehi gets on the pitch and shows he's quality. Please don't call this young ones 'new pretenders'. I know that the Martins you hanker so much after became our forward when he was young. The young pretenders qualified us for the World Cup. Give them that respect. They more than deserve it.

Thank God for people like you here... Now I know I've got like minds here

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 10:07pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mujtahida:

You misunderstood his point. He's not saying England has no great players. He's saying for all the great players England has they have never had a great team because of constant change. So all your other talk about champions league are by the way yarns.

His emphasis is on the team rather than on players. Having the best players does not necessarily mean having the best team
. He is saying it's time for us to optimise what we have and not throw it away just because we want to go with the best. If we follow you and komekn we will have brand new team to go to Russia full of players like Solanke, Ajagun, Azeez, Ryan Sanusi, Onomah, Aneke, Seyi Ojo, Kayode, Iorfa, Thiago Ilori. And this is precisely what cost us in 2002 and 2014 which we took note to warn the NFF about.

Now is the time for cohesion and blending. Pata pata baring injury we would bring in four or five players into the team for the WC.

Our football stretches beyond 2018.They will get their chance post 2018.

This is English in black and white, I wonder why he just seems to miss it. I want to believe he is intentionally evading it all in a bid not to concede defeat.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2017
junnyjake:

If those players you mentioned didn't work twice as much as their European teammates, forget it, na bench their career go finish.

In my main vocation everywhere I have ever been contracted ( I do not work in IT) I have always been the most qualified experentially, academic qualifications and professional certification.

Discrimination is an every day occurrence it's just part of the terrain. If you can not stand the heat do not go into the kitchen. It's just the way it is.

How many black managers are there in the entire English football league system

You have to be better not as good as.

For the first time in the entire history of English football they won both the U17 & U 20 world cups as well as the Toulon cup.

Why do you think

I could go on and on about this issue in fact I could write a book on it. My passion for Nigeria and all things Nigerian is unrivalled but qualified by the principal of unquestionable integrity and Fair-Play.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2017
you need to have a number of high profile games under your belt to to show that you can step up.
they aren't good enough compared to those chosen ahead of them. Get the context?

somehow:
No we aren't saying the same thing.

"They aren't good enough" is different from they have experienced seniors ahead.

Being young doesn't equate not "good" enough.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 10:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
You have a strong case if Nwakali is a forward.

komekn:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2017
kennysville:

Here you are my friend.... Reeling out names like a cinema spool. Question is what have these players you mentioned achieved internationally? I dare say were it not for EPL and media hype, they would not hamd made it big. If you dont believe me, bring Wayne Rooney over to shootin stars and lets see his magic at taking them from lower tier league to upper level.

While we hope for the best, fact is the best may not entirely be in England, so please yall need to stop this stuff about hyping players. There are thousands that are yet to be doscovered, playing their game quietly. With what we have in the national team right now, balance and understanding is paramount to us and not some 3Lions rejects.

You also mentioned that we should name top 5 players in the super eagles and that it would revolve around EPL. The truth is its all about perspectives and opinions. One man's meat is another man's poison. I for one dont like Victor Moses. Quality or not. Oya na? Come and fight me here! What if I list my 5 and your supposed EPL super stars are nowhere to be found? Thank God for TV coverage of EPL where we watch all of them week in, week out. But still that doesnt translate them to the best in the world. We have to understand that it is how the coach chose to deploy them that made things happen. We have watched matches where EPL super eagles stars messed up big. I really wish you didnt get into this. If it were Komekn that said all the points you raised, I wouldnt have responded. That should tell you something.... in other words, I enjoy your discourses but lately you are deviating.

I am tempted to even say maybe you are doing this just to rile some folks up. . . Try keepin it real bruh! Leave sentiments out of your discussions. Bless up!!!

Preach on bro! To some people it's either Epl/Championship or nothing else, forgetting that its camera that make them look like world best!

Elsewhere, many places outside the camera, they are better players than the ones England is offering us

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 10:20pm On Nov 19, 2017
Joebie:
You have a strong case if Nwakali is a forward.

I have this conviction all things being equal no matter the challenges quality will eventually shine. If you are doing well no matter the league you will move upwards. Ndid did it from nothing to everything.

No help required.

I knew Pogba at United but his senior brother more who was at Crewe in England more as well as his twin in France. Pogba was the undoubtedly stand out player in the academy no contest. The academy coaches took him out with a bad report to Fergie, Well he left and went to Juventus and the rest is now as we say history. Best Midfielder in the world.

He does not merit a call up its simple no justification beyond personal preference.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 10:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
realpoacher:

Preach on bro! To some people it's either Epl/Championship or nothing else, forgetting that its camera that make them look like world best!

Elsewhere, many places outside the camera, they better than the ones England is offering us
see ehn, some people are very myopic on this thread

The most disgusting and repulsive thing about this myopic lot is that in their pea-sized minds they are logical and unbiased.

These same myopic people will dance makossa on top one point when they are found out until they somehow wiggle out of the trap only to reemerge after a period if time and once again declare their unbiased nature while calling everyone else biased.

Very sickening lot. They are better ignored than entertained lest you drag yourself down to their level.

Just leave them, e be like say you never see them finish the way some of us done see them.

Don't worry, you will eventually learn grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 10:38pm On Nov 19, 2017
junnyjake:

So you've not watched him play and you're here crying about the hypes he receives on this thread??

I'd advice, you go see him and tell me, if you see similarities between he and Suarez.
Oga let me hear word! Luiz Suarez ke, what of Lionel Messi.

I haven't watch him play doesn't mean I can't predict how good he is. I don't have to watch him play before I know his category.

If he's that good what keeps him stuck with FC Utrecht

Is he even better than Ighalo, Kayode or even Henry?

I'm not saying he's not a good player but I'm certain he's just a bit above average, if not average a player, simple

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Daejoyoung: 10:41pm On Nov 19, 2017
MetalJigsaw:

I haven't watch him play doesn't mean I can't predict how good he is. I don't have to watch him play before I know his category.

I'm not saying he's not a good player but I'm certain he's just a bit above average, if not average a player, simple
why not watch him first, oga. l'm not saying he must be called up though.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 10:46pm On Nov 19, 2017
MetalJigsaw:

Dessers is still young... He just moved up to Utrecht this season from a lesser club so his career is on a upward trend. You should watch him first.

At 23, Suarez was still in the Dutch league..

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2017
junnyjake:

Nwakali is not a winger.
Lol...I tell you he does not know...
the only players he knows are those in England and possibly Martins in far away China....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2017
komekn:

Someone said they are dead wood.

Not me.

Are the current new pretenders better than them. Imagine you put Obagoal in Leicester I wonder if they will not rate him higher than Defoe his senior brother.

please no need imagine obagoal im Leicester...just take him there...

good you have network of connections in England...you can auction him there...

same Chinese league odion have scored over 15 goals and here one tired leg...scored just a goal and you and forgiveness wont let someone rest...and even call nacho,odion,iwobi and co pretenders......

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba12345: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2017
maidaboi:
is he having a good game?

He had a decent game before he was subbed... I noticed, he likes to go it alone though... Very skillful boy.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:00pm On Nov 19, 2017
NPFL UPDATE

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:03pm On Nov 19, 2017
junnyjake:

I don't know what your beef is with that young man.

He had a breakthrough season last year contributing 42 goals to his team to get them promoted to the 1st division.

He's moved to a bigger club that are no relegation candidates, and he's gotten 8 goals already, is it until he plays for Ajax or Fayenord before you see him enough to hype. He plays for according to you "not a better club" and he's shining there, do you think he'd fail in a bigger club when he eventually moves.

FC Utrecht are a better team than one he played before, now he's out there and his visibility has increased, don't be surprised if he gets another big money move, because this is no rocket science, we've seen players play in teams that tells nothing about their qualities.
Don't get me wrong. Im not saying his not good or doesn't deserve a trial in SE. My point is How good is he to warrant such a skyrocketing hype.

Is he better than Ighalo or Onyekuru, Kayode?

Let's always be honest and minimise the amount of flattery about these players. thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by MetalJigsaw(m): 11:06pm On Nov 19, 2017
Mujtahida:

Same thing happened shortly after we qualified. When you contribute to the maximal performance of your national team it gives you great confidence. I still feel there's a secret joy which player well for your country gives which cannot be had playing for your club.
Yeah.. playing for a club side is somewhat about the money.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 11:12pm On Nov 19, 2017
safarigirl:
see ehn, some people are very myopic on this thread

The most disgusting and repulsive thing about this myopic lot is that in their pea-sized minds they are logical and unbiased.

These same myopic people will dance makossa on top one point when they are found out until they somehow wiggle out of the trap only to reemerge after a period if time and once again declare their unbiased nature while calling everyone else biased.

Very sickening lot. They are better ignored than entertained lest you drag yourself down to their level.

Just leave them, e be like say you never see them finish the way some of us done see them.

Don't worry, you will eventually learn grin

Lolz, I am soon getting to that reality.

But no matter what, their excesses must be curtailed and their narrow view countered in the open else they will sway and buy over the feeble minded amongst us. Trust me you don't want to know how that would end.

Remember about what they say about good and evil people?... That evil people reign supreme because the good men stood by and watch doing nothing.

If we stand by and watch without saying anything to counter them, they will buy over the hearts of majority here and the majority will in turn pressure Rohr into playing all English groomed players else his head will be served on a platter....

Nah we won't let that happen cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2017
OGN already has it that Nwakali wil not get a second call up. I'd so like that IF TRUE so that he would prove many of your\ wrong. That guy will move up without SE. Mark my words.

komekn:

I have this conviction all things being equal no matter the challenges quality will eventually shine. If you are doing well no matter the league you will move upwards. Ndid did it from nothing to everything.

No help required.

I knew Pogba at United but his senior brother more who was at Crewe in England more as well as his twin in France. Pogba was the undoubtedly stand out player in the academy no contest. The academy coaches took him out with a bad report to Fergie, Well he left and went to Juventus and the rest is now as we say history. Best Midfielder in the world.

He does not merit a call up its simple no justification beyond personal preference.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:28pm On Nov 19, 2017
MetalJigsaw:

how can you be certain when you have not watched him?

Certainty based on what? You are asking why he is still in Utrecht, because everyone is not lucky enough to start from your big leagues and big teams. It doesn't make him a bad player and Utrecht is a step up from where he was. That is sign of PROGRESS. If he hadn't moved up then you can say all this, but he has.

Do not knock a man's hustle in such a disrespectful manner. If you have not watched him, then be quiet about how good you THINK he is.

Last I checked our best RB is playing for a team in Cyprus, if we had never seen him in action in the GwG, someone like you would have come here to post uninformed info and pass it on as fact

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2017
Names will never cease to fly around here. No other strikers from the uncapped group through to the ones who had their last games for us about four years ago, no matter where they play, deserve a look in, than these two guys ; Paul Onuachu and Cyriel Dessers.

Ever since the days of the headmaster himself "Adepoju" and later Agali, I haven't seen a Nigerian striker so good with headers as Onuachu. Dude is a monster in the air just like his esque Crouch. As if that wasn't enough, HE is so fast for a guy of his frame and shoots perfectly with both foot. His skill set is OK and his hold up play is mouth watering. He doesn't relax in the box waiting for the ball to come to him before he scores, he often comes to the midfield to help out, hence, he is always involved in his team's build up to goals when he ain't the scorer himself. He is truly an upgrade on Tammy. A typical effective point man. Merely looking at his face, u can tell he is using his real age unlike some guys who didn't go through the MRI before finding their selves in Europe. I have high hopes on PAUL ONUACHU. Dude is good and I can envisage him heading to France or Germany come January window to further boost his Eagles chances.

Did u know that throughout this qualifiers we only scored once with the head and that was against Cameroun? The goal was served on a platter though KC showed good positional play.

Cyriel Dessers is class. Dude plays with guile, shoots with precision from outside the box.

Incase you haven't seen these guys play, I enjoin you to strive to do it or better yet see their respective YouTube videos.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2176) (2177) (2178) (2179) (2180) (2181) (2182) ... (16113) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m), lordofstrings, villagereporter(m) and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.