Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (2621) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11584787 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) ... (16119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:14pm On Jan 18, 2018
I know Sir GoodJoe. I know.... Seeing Komekn's words sometimes is just like seeing the epitome of negativity give a speech. It always never gives off a good odour. wink

Nacho will keep proving this hate wrong. You are right. Thank You Sir GoodJoe. I will return to my chambers now.

TheGoodJoe:

Too harsh bro. I know you are as irritated as I am seeing the bile repeatedly spat at Nacho but you should not let it get to you so much as long as your alien kid keeps working hard.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:20pm On Jan 18, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I know Sir GoodJoe. I know.... Seeing Komekn's words sometimes is just like seeing the epitome of negativity give a speech. It always never gives off a good odour. wink

Nacho will keep proving this hate wrong. You are right. Thank You Sir GoodJoe. I will return to my chambers now.

Take care bro but beware of the haters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 11:23pm On Jan 18, 2018
Daejoyoung:

Na wa this Pinnick of a guy is not bad at all.
Real talk. I was wrong about him
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
komekn:

Be careful are you saying that Ebuehi is not good enough for Norwich

And that he will find it a lot easier in Benfica. You know I was talking some years ago to some players at Marseille and they said they wanted to come to the EPL for the challenge, the intensity and to test themselves.
oh no!

He is a good player. But is overall development and progress is what matters now considering that he is just 22.

The championship is physically demanding. He might struggle at first to adapt which might not be good for him. Don't forget, the English fans and media can be unforgiven as they are only result oriented.

Benfica is a top team in Europe, play in more competitions than Norwich. This increases his chance of getting game time even if he doesn't break straight into the main team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kalapizim(m): 11:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
elyte89:

Exposure is one thing helping this present NFF board led by pinnick...Pinnick himself is well exposed to modern administration of d game
I heard him saying six mini secretariats are going to be inaugurated across the country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 11:32pm On Jan 18, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Too harsh bro. I know you are as irritated as I am seeing the bile repeatedly spat at Nacho but you should not let it get to you so much as long as your alien kid keeps working hard.
I agree

I have learnt to ignore so many 'analysts' on this thread because all they bring to the thread is sickening negativity.

So many here have failed dreams, so, they reflect their frustrations on these boys who are living the lives they should have had.

I know my people grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:38pm On Jan 18, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Take care bro but beware of the haters.

This is why I understand Realpoacher's stance against this absolutely odorous negativity that oozes from comments like Komekn's.

Beware? Loolll.... F**k them... cheesy

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by presiade(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2018
safarigirl:
I agree

I have learnt to ignore so many 'analysts' on this thread because all they bring to the thread is sickening negativity.

So many here have failed dreams, so, they reflect their frustrations on these boys who are living the lives they should have had.

I know my people grin

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:43pm On Jan 18, 2018
I tell you a truth buddy. She may sound funny but what she said is the bloody truth. Especially on the part of failed dreams... wink

presiade:

Lol
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 11:47pm On Jan 18, 2018
tbaba1234:

I disagree. Ebuehi is good enough to compete at Norwich. Benfica is better than Norwich, he will get champions league experience.
I'm not saying he is not good enough to compete. I'm only trying to weigh his chances in both clubs.

You and I know that he can't afford to make mistakes in England and go scot free-he won't go without getting a stick for every mistakes he commits either from the media or fans.

Benfica are known for *grooming* talents. There he will have the opportunity of expressing himself while learning the rope with little or no pressure of delivering.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

This is why I understand Realpoacher's stance against this absolutely odorous negativity that oozes from comments like Komekn's.

With all due my respect my of oga, please lets not start another battle. I feel using F word on Sir Komekn is not necessary. Some of us are little children o. I must confess I don't particularly like Komekns analysis but please sir, no cursing abeg.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:12am On Jan 19, 2018
tbaba1234:
Awaziem, One of the top performers against Toulouse with an amazing 9 tackles in the game.

Was he played at RB?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 12:32am On Jan 19, 2018
BascoVanVeli:

Was he played at RB?

I believe so..
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:33am On Jan 19, 2018
I quoted Sir TheGoodJoe.... and used a meme that addressed the haters. Or are you one of them? undecided

Maybe if nacho was your brother, you will understand why I find this comment of Komekn so downright irritating and a big slap on the so called analyst he is.

I hate liars and pretenders. I grew up loathing personalities of such negative traits. They corrupt and infect vulnerable minds around them. They are part of the reason the world still sees itself in its sorry mediocre state.

Taliban:

With all due my respect my of oga, please lets not start another battle. I feel using F word on Sir Komekn is not necessary. Some of us are little children o. I must confess I don't particularly like Komekns analysis but please sir, no cursing abeg.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 3:25am On Jan 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:
I quoted Sir TheGoodJoe.... and used a meme that addressed the haters. Or are you one of them? undecided

Maybe if nacho was your brother, you will understand why I find this comment of Komekn so downright irritating and a big slap on the so called analyst he is.

I hate liars and pretenders. I grew up loathing personalities of such negative traits. They corrupt and infect vulnerable minds around them. They are part of the reason the world still sees itself in its sorry mediocre state.

@TheSuperNerd

Not cool at all. You have always being able to pass across your views intelligently without resorting to personal attacks. Deriding his claim to be an analyst (if he ever claimed to be one!) is below the belt and doesn't make your argument superior or stop him from being who he is. We all contribute to this thread in one way or another. I learn a lot from him just as I do from you. That Austrian economists have a different perspective to Classical economists doesn't make one theory less valid than the other. A parent pushes his children by being critical another achieves it by being encouraging. They both can achieve success with their ways and one shouldn't accuse the other of nor loving their child.

The world is in a sorry state, not because people lie or pretend (it's a fundamental human flaw and the best of men do that). What the world needs (especially Africa) is a discourse around issues and not a deflective attack on personalities when we differ.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:47am On Jan 19, 2018
Please, safarigirl and TheSuperNerd, no harsh tones again. Not everyone will agree with you but someway, somehow they have their reasons of opposing ideas. Maybe, using the term haters created this negative explosion but I want us to control ourselves from personal attacks. I apologize for this.

Last week, for the first time, I took a critical look at the fixtures of the Championship league and I admitted that komekn was right telling us the league is tough. Maybe due to his total devotion, he feels football competition does not exist outside England. That does not mean we should attack.

For instance, a fixture that caught my attention was the game between Bristol City and Norwich City. Before that match, both teams played top Premiership sides. Bristol City held Manchester City for ninety minutes before Aguero rescued the team and we saw over two legs, Chelsea could not stop Norwich. Chelsea won through penalties. Norwich won Bristol in the end and there were other tough fixtures.

If not komekn, I would not have noticed how tough the Championship league is.

So please my friends, reduce the personal attacks.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by edi287: 4:38am On Jan 19, 2018
Official – CHAN Eagles Star Stephen Eze Joins Bulgarian Side Lokomotiv Plovdiv
January 18, 2018

Nigeria Professional Football League side Kano Pillars have announce the transfer of newly signed on central defender Stephen Eze to Bulgarian side Lokomotiv Plovdiv.

According to the spokesman of Kano Pillars Football Club, Rilwanu Idris Malikawa, Eze signed for the Bulgarian team this week in a deal he made between his Agent, Dr. Ojore Oka and Lokomotiv Plovdiv football club.

Malikawa said Eze came to the team on a loan agreement , which has a clause that the player will be allow to leave if he gets a club abroad.

He rounded up by saying the giant centre back will join his new team immediately after the ongoing African Nations Championship, where he is presently representing Nigeria.

Eze is expected to line up for Nigeria when the game take on Libya in their second game of the tournament, after they drew their first game 0-0 against Rwanda with Eze lasting the entire duration of the game.

Source : Owngoalnigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

If you call me a hater because I tried to make peace then I am a hater. Thank you sir. God bless us all and May the Eagles continue to make us proud.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:41am On Jan 19, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
Please, safarigirl and TheSuperNerd, no harsh tones again. Not everyone will agree with you but someway, somehow they have their reasons of opposing ideas. Maybe, using the term haters created this negative explosion but I want us to control ourselves from personal attacks. I apologize for this.

Last week, for the first time, I took a critical look at the fixtures of the Championship league and I admitted that komekn was right telling us the league is tough. Maybe due to his total devotion, he feels football competition does not exist outside England. That does not mean we should attack.

For instance, a fixture that caught my attention was the game between Bristol City and Norwich City. Before that match, both teams played top Premiership sides. Bristol City held Manchester City for ninety minutes before Aguero rescued the team and we saw over two legs, Chelsea could not stop Norwich. Chelsea won through penalties. Norwich won Bristol in the end and there were other tough fixtures.

Thank you the GoodJoe, well said.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 19, 2018
tglobal:

@TheSuperNerd

Not cool at all. You have always being able to pass across your views intelligently without resorting to personal attacks. Deriding his claim to be an analyst (if he ever claimed to be one!) is below the belt and doesn't make your argument superior or stop him from being who he is. We all contribute to this thread in one way or another. I learn a lot from him just as I do from you. That Austrian economists have a different perspective to Classical economists doesn't make one theory less valid than the other. A parent pushes his children by being critical another achieves it by being encouraging. They both can achieve success with their ways and one shouldn't accuse the other of nor loving their child.

The world is in a sorry state, not because people lie or pretend (it's a fundamental human flaw and the best of men do that). What the world needs (especially Africa) is a discourse around issues and not a deflective attack on personalities when we differ.

Well said sir.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:52am On Jan 19, 2018
komekn:

My immediate deduction is that Benfica is undoubtedly technically better.

But better is pregnant with meaning, what is better, comprehensively better or better in some regards.

I remember a few years ago when sporting Braga played Burnley fc in a friendly and but ended in a draw. The Portuguese struggled to cope with the physical intensity and speed of the game.

Yes he will hopefully get champions league exposure if he breaks into the team. Can Benfica afford to leave him on the bench or worse still in the B team, yes they can.

However, Norwich will, not never leave him to rot on the bench they simply can not afford too. If they have to send him to the gym to beef up they will. But play he must.

That's my view though limited because I don't know Ebuehi contract terms at Benfica.

You make some valid points. I hope he gets to play and gets the required exposure.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 5:52am On Jan 19, 2018
somehow:
North America likely to host.
But if they don't present a serious bid it could to another continent.
Not sure but it is as if USA are showing interest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 6:11am On Jan 19, 2018
Honorable house,
I hereby present a bill and move for its sporadic adoption. This bill seeks to address the bias/ hate for or against Iheanacho Kelechi. This bill seeks to put a stop to every form of heated argument, name calling over this innocent soul.
We are all witnesses to this brouhaha that has seemingly come to epitomize the collective unionity in a frivolous brigandage and militia cum ......(ok that was a lame attempt at trying to be Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon)

My word! If this is goin on in a forum like Nairaland. Jabs here and there, Name calling, ever wondered what could be happening in the senate? The magnitude of it? Remember the àjekún ìyà ni yó je saga? We can deal with issues without having to resort to insults. I am sorry MrSuperNerd. I know you are pissed right now but let us leave personal perceptions of other people out of the discussion. Lets not have a pissing contest in here. You just returned shey? Sofri sofri abeg.

Therr is nothing we can do or say to change any human being and once we realize that, we need to respect people's views, however illogical, radical, methodical or downright stupid they may seem. This is the reality. Some people love black as a color, others love red. Those who love red cant ever u derstand or see reason why any sane minded person will ever love black as a color and ones that love pink believe it is the best. Discussions in here arent military instructions where you have to obey the last word of command. I believe the cliche is "that's an order, soldier" (even if it is to neutralize someone dear to us)

We are all different however inconceivable our opinions may seem. To this end, I enjoin you sir SuperNerd to read through your posts and wherever you feel u went above and beyond on this matter, kindly make amends. You were sorely missed when you went on exile. Lets not have a repeat. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by somehow: 7:07am On Jan 19, 2018
True, without a serious bid, the hosting right gets taken away to another continent. Wondering why Canada has refused to develop football wise, all they care about is ice hockey as if they are the only country with snow.
Icon4s:

But if they don't present a serious bid it could to another continent.

Not sure but it is as if USA are showing interest.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by CaptainStephen(m): 7:57am On Jan 19, 2018
TheSuperNerd:

Do not go down this route bro, we all have different opinions so respect that. In fact I believe true friends of kelechi should be blunt and tell him when he isn't doing well so he can improve. At the end of the day its all for his progress.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:03am On Jan 19, 2018
somehow:
True, without a serious bid, the hosting right gets taken away to another continent. Wondering why Canada has refused to develop football wise, all they care about is ice hockey as if they are the only country with snow.

Canada is really cold so naturally winter sports are very popular. Football does not enjoy that same status in North America.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 8:16am On Jan 19, 2018
I just read somewhere that Chile will be the South American team that Nigeria will play friendly with before World Cup. Scheduled on 9th June in TBD.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:41am On Jan 19, 2018
TheGoodJoe:
I can smell tha Hataz from a mile away. grin

Christ, Mujtahida come and see what I am talking about, a kid who has been praised as a world class player plays badly for games straight and scores two goals(AGAINST FLEETWOOD)and for three days straight he has been praised more than Drogba was praised for winning the champions league, is that the encouragement or celebration of mediocrity?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mickael2(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2018
AIG07:
I'm not saying he is not good enough to compete. I'm only trying to weigh his chances in both clubs.

You and I know that he can't afford to make mistakes in England and go scot free-he won't go without getting a stick for every mistakes he commits either from the media or fans.

Benfica are known for *grooming* talents. There he will have the opportunity of expressing himself while learning the rope with little or no pressure of delivering.

they have actually started the season on the wrong foot, they are not among the top3 clubs in the Portugese league(I last checked their ranking when they played against Braga a few weeks ago) so Benfica as a whole hardly has any room for mistakes, and that would affect the players too. Nice to know he got loaned back

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 8:47am On Jan 19, 2018
kennysville:
Honorable house,
I hereby present a bill and move for its sporadic adoption. This bill seeks to address the bias/ hate for or against Iheanacho Kelechi. This bill seeks to put a stop to every form of heated argument, name calling over this innocent soul.
We are all witnesses to this brouhaha that has seemingly come to epitomize the collective unionity in a frivolous brigandage and militia cum ......(ok that was a lame attempt at trying to be Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon)

My word! If this is goin on in a forum like Nairaland. Jabs here and there, Name calling, ever wondered what could be happening in the senate? The magnitude of it? Remember the àjekún ìyà ni yó je saga? We can deal with issues without having to resort to insults. I am sorry MrSuperNerd. I know you are pissed right now but let us leave personal perceptions of other people out of the discussion. Lets not have a pissing contest in here. You just returned shey? Sofri sofri abeg.

Therr is nothing we can do or say to change any human being and once we realize that, we need to respect people's views, however illogical, radical, methodical or downright stupid they may seem. This is the reality. Some people love black as a color, others love red. Those who love red cant ever u derstand or see reason why any sane minded person will ever love black as a color and ones that love pink believe it is the best. Discussions in here arent military instructions where you have to obey the last word of command. I believe the cliche is "that's an order, soldier" (even if it is to neutralize someone dear to us)

We are all different however inconceivable our opinions may seem. To this end, I enjoin you sir SuperNerd to read through your posts and wherever you feel u went above and beyond on this matter, kindly make amends. You were sorely missed when you went on exile. Lets not have a repeat. Thanks
I read your comment and am happy but do we need to appeal to anyone on how he or she make comment again cos we have been doing this all over and over again and is not working,so better to leave it and let the attacks continue.I know when times come it would mellow down naturally.

On Iheanacho, well I don't have much to say cos i see him the way i see other players and as i always saying it we must respect these players personality, respecting their personality does not stop us from expressing our views on them but such views should be in a well constructive manner.As it stand Kelechi deserves our support and he too should not relent cos we want the best for him.

I don't want to mention names but am not happy the way we make comments here especially personal attacks,if i may ask on what,football matters especially Super eagles which we all love.We should always have it in mind that eagles brought us to this thread,nothing more and everyone's opinion must be respected,it's not compulsory we should be on the same page,being on the same page we won't be at 2k plus pages.

My man as i said there is no need to apeal again cos we have had enough, so let it continue cos i don't expect a mature minds to resort to personal attacks when it comes to discussion.It's uncalled for

The main Iheanacho man here is thegoodjoe and i have great respect for this gentleman cos he always based his views on Nacho with constructive analysis and never look emotive to express his view on those who have contrary opinions which i always appreciate and i take a cue from him regards my approach to anything on Mikel cos is a player i love so much,Michael2 will understand better.

I still remember how some guys came in and made the thread heated up that some regulars have to be on ghost mode,they turned this thread up and down,i know icon4s will remember what am talking about,also how TheSuperNerd went on AWOL and some honourable member of this thread appealed to him to come back cos we missed him dearly.

One thing we should note here there are things to gain from this thread that even football that brought us together,i don't think going to London and move around shouldn't be an issue to any of us here cos Komne is on ground or going to US and move around with the presence of icon79,better for us to take it softly the way we address ourselves cos we still have a lot to do together.

As i said personally i will not appeal for peace to reign again,we are mature enough to know what is right and wrong,what brought us here is eagles and it would be foolish of anyone here to hate or wish the team bad irrespective of the criticism.

Respect to all members of this great thread and Up Super Eagles.

8 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:50am On Jan 19, 2018
This, right here, is part of the genesis of the problem of humanity. Because we all have an opinion is the reason why some individuals will still be spilling trash and dropping lies as comments for vulnerable people to drink in. We are here to propagate the truth about our national teams and not peddle lies. If any must criticise then he should do so with facts and do so by being holistic in thinking and not by being one eyed or blind. Having an opinion is no licence to run on lies and half-truths to pass across a message. This hating on Iheanacho has to stop.

And if anyone thinks everyone in life is out for your good when they criticise you, then such a one is yet to Starr living his life well enough. In the world, there is no way everyone's so-called criticism is a marker that they all wants you to be better. If everyone likes you, then there is a huge problem.

Not everyone here who speaks on Nacho actually thinks or believes Nacho is good enough. In fact, I know some who will pick an Okpotu over Iheanacho in the Eagles team if given a choice and they will defend it to the last pint of their blood. These are the people who represent mediocrity on this thread and such is not what I can bear again. Enough of the Iheanacho hate campaign and focus on talking real football. Can't they talk about something else for once?

CaptainStephen:
Do not go down this route bro, we all have different opinions so respect that. In fact I believe true friends of kelechi should be blunt and tell him when he isn't doing well so he can improve. At the end of the day its all for his progress.

5 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:54am On Jan 19, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

I never used a harsh tone now. Haba angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (2618) (2619) (2620) (2621) (2622) (2623) (2624) ... (16119) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kingphilip(m), Joebie, victornoah(m), Melvinity, elyte89, WHOSEMAN(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.