Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (3697) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11528679 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) (3700) ... (16094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mazimee(m): 12:03pm On May 26, 2018
isan:
Supersport Facebook page

Lol,I was right with my guess. I went straight to the their page after I quoted you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by mowah: 12:04pm On May 26, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
I don't see any necessity about this. The nicknames are there already.
It's just for the team bus actually... Organized by Hyundai
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2018
andrew444:

Komekn been hyping Epl since 18bc,anyway I pray Liverpool wins tonight but still can't see it happening

That's what was said about Tottenham when the played Real.

It's the final anything can happen meanwhile went into Liverpool city it is covered in red flags.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:13pm On May 26, 2018
komekn:

You are taking comments out of context.

Train in the context of present continous not in the past.

Omeruo trained with Chelsea would you then say that he trains with the Chelsea team. This is very normal train pre season with your parent team doesn't mean you are in the team or train with them on loan.

Even youth players on trial not so signed train with the first team.

What exactly is your point to mislead and misrepresent to portray a view that's not true.

Day you know how many thousands of players are a work in progress. When the work is finished let him show his quality. He is not too young to show that quality consistently and continously in the league he is in.

When you play well you get noticed.

Do you know how many clubs are clamouring for loan moves for Bobby Adekanya, Ademola, Tega Abrahams and Tega Onomah, Ovie Ejaria, because they have performed.
smh did you read my last paragraph? Anyway I don't need to say much about k.nwakali supernerd has done a good job of that already

I wish all the youngsters you listed all the best they are learning k.nwakali is learning I wish all of them successful careers

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:14pm On May 26, 2018
komekn:

That's what was said about Tottenham when the played Real.

It's the final anything can happen meanwhile went into Liverpool city it is covered in red flags.

I want Liverpool to win,am tired of Madrid thou I am a Barca fan,I will not even watch the game

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:17pm On May 26, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

They got knocked out in the group stage. That was Mikel's U17 set coached by Eguavoen. However, the team played good football and showed promise.
Mikel was 2003 not 2001. Finland with Fabregas for the Spain team
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by LieDetector(m): 12:18pm On May 26, 2018
isan:
Just go to supersport facebook page
lots of headlines there. Which one particularly?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2018
chrisooblog:
dude lol all this fancy words you post don't move me anyway to the meat of what you wrote.

I'm not comparing Fuchs to balogun don't add to what I didn't write. You claimed balogun might not make it in the EPL because it's tough, he's not fast, bundesliga is a one man league bla bla bla. Now read this slowly if Fuchs came from this same bundesliga and performed decently then it's illogical to say balogun would not do well when he has yet to kick a ball in the EPL

Ooo Fuchs is an established international so what is balogun a cadet ogbeni just go lie down

Lol emotive bias I hope you look yourself in the mirror when you type such things

You deh change mouth under the gaze of bright lights if you no shame, I shame 4 u.

You brought up the comparison NOT ME BUT YOU.

I brought substance to your comparison as it strengthens my position and ridicules your own position.

Fuchs at the same age of Balogun had played near 200 games in the Bundesliga there has never been break in his career, i.e. couldn't get a club. Balogun has not played up to half the Bundesliga games Fuchs has played.

Once again you want to change the goal posts.

Considering the position of Fuchs before he left the Bundesliga established and recognised. Is it wrong to suggest that Balogun may struggle in the EPL considering his pedigree in the Bundesliga.

Once again excellent move for him in term of finance for almost 30 year old central defender.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:19pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Mikel was 2003 not 2001. Finland with Fabregas for the Spain team

He talked about 2003 and that is what I replied.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 12:20pm On May 26, 2018
That Denmark coach, e dey sweet to beat those kain people. France and Pogba will save their best for them
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:22pm On May 26, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

He talked about 2003 and that is what I replied.
It was 2001 he mentioned. His attention has been drawn to it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:25pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Not a big deal. Just a simple error and corrected.

Finito.

Read the quoted in the image below.

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:26pm On May 26, 2018
Odunayaw:
No nation is free from hooligans
We only get to hear it more especially from self deriding countries
Guy I recently watched a documentary on Russian hooligans who dealt with English hooligans at the last Euro in France. It's even suspected that they were special forces. The documentary was analysing Russian hooligans as per WC in Russia.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:27pm On May 26, 2018
TheGoodJoe:

Not a big deal. Just a simple error and corrected.

Finito.

Read the quoted in the image below.
Okay, I was looking at the 2001. Thanks

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chrisooblog: 12:27pm On May 26, 2018
komekn:

You deh change mouth under the gaze of bright lights if you no shame, I shame 4 u.

You brought up the comparison NOT ME BUT YOU.

I brought substance to your comparison as it strengthens my position and ridicules your own position.

Fuchs at the same age of Balogun had played near 200 games in the Bundesliga there has never been break in his career, i.e. couldn't get a club. Balogun has not played up to half the Bundesliga games Fuchs has played.

Once again you want to change the goal posts.
you are the one who is shameless after bursting your he can't do well in the EPL because he's bundesliga yada yada

Lol why all the aggressiveness did I get you hot under the collar? Eyah!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:28pm On May 26, 2018
andrew444:

I want Liverpool to win,am tired of Madrid thou I am a Barca fan,I will not even watch the game
why?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 12:28pm On May 26, 2018
isan:
Why are these Ghanaians and south Africans hating on Nigeria so much u need to see all their hate comment on Facebook pages well trust Nigerians too they are giving it to them as e dey hot
As far as clapback on social media is concerned Nigeria takes the gold medal in savagery.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:31pm On May 26, 2018
asha80:
why?

I don't want to watch Madrid win again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by asha80(m): 12:43pm On May 26, 2018
andrew444:

I don't want to watch Madrid win again
lol you cant be too emotional about this na..ok what if liverpool thrashes madrid would you not like to have watched it?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by andrew444(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2018
asha80:
lol you cant be too emotional about this na..ok what if liverpool thrashes madrid would you not like to have watched it?

lol the highlights will be there for me,thou I will be peeping through the scores.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by congo4ka: 12:47pm On May 26, 2018
edi287:
I would like to tender my unreserved apology to the members of this noble group. the OGs/elders of the group i.e Icon4s, Icon79, ChrisKels, Tbaba, Mujtahida, Joebie, Oasis, AIG07, daveP, Safarigirl, Terzrum, Goke7, Komekn, TheSuperNerd, Mickael2, TheGoodJoe, Forgiveness, etc and the rest of the silent readers association.
My behavior today was unacceptable and unfortunate. I let boredom mixed with anger get the better of me. I promise to try and never fall into a situation like this again
Accept my sincere apologies.

Sorry for yourself angry Nairaland has made lots of pple very tribally conscious. You will know that you are all Nigerians when you leave this country!!! Igbo this Yoruba that ahn ahn hin no dey tire una ni I

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:49pm On May 26, 2018
congo4ka:

Sorry for yourself angry Nairaland has made lots of pple very tribally conscious. You will know that you are all Nigerians when you leave this country!!! Igbo this Yoruba that ahn ahn hin no dey tire una ni I

Same goes for the Africans abusing themselves all over social media. When they are outside, they are seen as Africans. Finito.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheCongo2: 12:52pm On May 26, 2018
Icon79:
Guys am I the only one having serious concerns regarding this DR Congo friendly match? Aside from this ebola thing, African teams tend to take it overboard against other African teams. And when you have a team going to the World Cup and the other team isn't, the other team would try to demonstrate that they are better than you angry sad shocked

I am actually glad that both VicMo and Ndidi are going to miss this match. I hope that Obi Mikel and Joel Obi won't play either.

O pari

Typical Nigerian mentality
Always thinking that anything that spells Africa isn't worth it.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 12:52pm On May 26, 2018
''Simmy Nwankwo's chance to make the cut is 50-50''...Rohr

6 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

Guy I recently watched a documentary on Russian hooligans who dealt with English hooligans at the last Euro in France. It's even suspected that they were special forces. The documentary was analysing Russian hooligans as per WC in Russia.
grin The Russians are area boys by default
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by realpoacher(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

God bless you. The bolded is precisely my point. My average player over your average player. When I ask why your average player is invited and mine is not you label me a tribalist.

My concern is not the average versus average.my concern is why is it that forgiveness call for his own average players is regarded as tribalism while that of others is regarded as not?

He wails but that's not the point. Even before now he's been tagged a tribalist for making exact same calls others make. I don't have the time, if not anytime anybody calls for his own average player who is from his ethnic group I'd call that person a tribalist and let's see how it goes.

Brother mi, the answer to your question is not farfetched,.. He wails on it too much thats why... In the case of Every other person here with their favorite player not called up will simply express their reservation or displeasure just once or twice and call it a day. Some few will even sulk on it for days in their privates but after a while, they will shake it off and come back here to start supporting the team wholly.

But NO!..... Forgiveness will keep on wailing till eternity... Wait for it!!... He doesn't just wail alone, he insults everybody else here, he accuse NFF and Rohr of corruption, he berates and insults every other players invited. He takes it personal, it becomes a fight to finish.

All these things he keeps doing over and over again, he doesn't stop... No!.. He doesn't know when to stop!..

Discuss team release,.. No!.. He is wailing.

Discuss formations and strategies about our upcoming match... No!.. He is busy wailing digging up stats left, right, center,... SMH

After match which we probably won... Drop your match analysis and rate every player on how they perform... NO!!... Forgiveness is still busy wailing angry

Its preposterous!!,! His constant wailings and labelings is insulting to our intelligence and sanity. He is not the only one here. This thread is not created for people to come and wail here, let him go somewhere else and wail. angry

When he wails, he labels everyone a tribalist, or a corrupt man if you supports the non invite of his players.

If there is anyone you should caution.. Then the person is sir forgiveness.. Tell him to stop his constant wailings... Underline the word CONSTANT.

He is entitled to express his feelings but when it becomes excessive (like it always does), its no longer an expression rather it becomes wailings. Which means that he is overstepping his boundaries. Such should never be condoned.

I suppose that you are a lawyer. If true, then you should know that we all have rights but so also should we know our limits to such rights when interacting with other people.

His constant wailings is an intrusion into our rights. Therefore he should tone it down else he deserves everything coming his way.

Remember, if there is anyone you must advice, it should be him. He can express his reservations but he shouldn't wail nor insult us because its becoming very childish of him lately.

Thank you

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by OMANBALA1: 1:05pm On May 26, 2018
Agbo, Agu, Aina, Lokosa, Ajiboye,Eze and Simon are likely to be dropped.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2018
Mujtahida:

No 2003
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:13pm On May 26, 2018
realpoacher:

Brother mi, the answer to your question is not farfetched,.. He wails on it too much thats why... In the case of Every other person here with their favorite player not called up will simply express their reservation or displeasure just once or twice and call it a day. Some few will even sulk on it for days in their privates but after a while, they will shake it off and come back here to start supporting the team wholly.

But NO!..... Forgiveness will keep on wailing till eternity... Wait for it!!... He doesn't just wail alone, he insults everybody else here, he accuse NFF and Rohr of corruption, he berates and insults every other players invited. He takes it personal, it becomes a fight to finish.

All these things he keeps doing over and over again, he doesn't stop... No!.. He doesn't know when to stop!..

Discuss team release,.. No!.. He is wailing.

Discuss formations and strategies about our upcoming match... No!.. He is busy wailing digging up stats left, right, center,... SMH

After match which we probably won... Drop your match analysis and rate every player on how they perform... NO!!... Forgiveness is still busy wailing angry

Its preposterous!!,! His constant wailings and labelings is insulting to our intelligence and sanity. He is not the only one here. This thread is not created for people to come and wail here, let him go somewhere else and wail. angry

When he wails, he labels everyone a tribalist, or a corrupt man if you supports the non invite of his players.

If there is anyone you should caution.. Then the person is sir forgiveness.. Tell him to stop his constant wailings... Underline the word CONSTANT.

He is entitled to express his feelings but when it becomes excessive (like it always does), its no longer an expression rather it becomes wailings. Which means that he is overstepping his boundaries. Such should never be condoned.

I suppose that you are a lawyer. If true, then you should know that we all have rights but so also should we know our limits to such rights when interacting with other people.

His constant wailings is an intrusion into our rights. Therefore he should tone it down else he deserves everything coming his way.

Remember, if there is anyone you must advice, it should be him. He can express his reservations but he shouldn't wail nor insult us because its becoming very childish of him lately.

Thank you

Well my Bro, I'll not have put my mouth in the wranglings yesterday if forgiveness was being berated for wailing about the omission of Kayode cos I myself had cause to express my displeasure on the constant cry. Wetin make me yarn yesterday na the accusation of tribalism.

In any case the dust has settled. We've moved on. Make sure you support Liverpool tonight.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:15pm On May 26, 2018
OMANBALA1:
Agbo, Agu, Aina, Lokosa, Ajiboye,Eze and Simon are likely to be dropped.
Hanhan wetin players wey their names begin with A do you.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 1:15pm On May 26, 2018
Odunayaw:
grin The Russians are area boys by default
What I watched was shocking.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by maidaboi(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2018
Thread back to normal

(1) (2) (3) ... (3694) (3695) (3696) (3697) (3698) (3699) (3700) ... (16094) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.