Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11584131 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4161) (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) ... (16119) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Shukusheka(m): 7:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
Aside that cheap penalty handed to them on a platter of gold by Walker Tunisia have been terrible, absolutely terrible. If England had spent more time practicing shooting in training, Tunisia would be like 6-0 down by now. sad
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
I would rather play Iwobi as an AM. It would help our creativity upfront. Etebo should play b2b

forgiveness:

Simy and Ogu or Joel should start.

Rohr should work out ways to score through set pieces.

Ebuehi should start too.

............................ Uzoho

.............Balogun.........Ekong............ Omeruo.......

....Ebuehi ........... Ndidi.............Ogu........... Brian..

.......................................Etebo ..............

.................Victor............................ Simy.

Or

4-2-1-3

.....….................Uzoho.........

Ebuehi........... Balogun...... Ekong........ Brain......

........................Ndidi............ Ogu......

...................................Etebo..........

.. Victor.................... Simy................... Ahmed......

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 7:53pm On Jun 18, 2018
The one thing that will kill many of these English players is over confidence and corkiness
What was Walker thinking throwing his arm like he was in his room
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 7:57pm On Jun 18, 2018
This Nigeria loss pain people die. E enter their bone.

Abeg una see Kog45? Tbaba1234 kilo sele?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ykalhaji(m): 7:59pm On Jun 18, 2018
Oasis007:

Bruh..... what Rohr did against Croats can be likened to what Mourinho did against Sevilla in the UCL. Sometimes a Tactician shouldn't play his Tactics to nullify your Opponents, rather play to your Team's Strength.

I swear it's never lost for the Eagles. I had to re-watch the Combo of Mikel and Onazi at the 2014 World Cup with Babatunde as a No. 10, and what comes to my Head is; Ndidi and Iwobi are a bit better than Onazi and Babatunde of 2014.

Pair Mikel with Ndidi, let Mikel plays as a deep-lying Playmaker cos he gets eyes for long, decisive and accurate passes. He can shield the Ball, cool the tempo and coordinate the Defence.

No one tackles better than Ndidi in the Squad, he's young, athletic, fit and can tirelessly cover grounds like Kante. With Iwobi as an AM, he's definitely gonna create something from nothing.

Also we need to play with 2 Strikers - Ighalo for his better and proven Holdup plays and Iheanacho for his decisive off-ball Movements and eyes for Goal.

Tyrone and Moses should play as Wing-backs, with the Trio of Ekong, Balogun and Omeruo as CBs. I didn't include Ogu in the Defence coz I ain't sold he can play the CB effectively in a competitive Game.

3 - 4 - 1 - 2 Formation is all what Rohr needs to bring out the best in the Boys. I hope he listens to ex-internationals, Pundits and Fans who are clamoring for the Formation to be played in the next Game - cos if he fails with the same 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with Mikel as an AM for the Team - Lord...... he's gonna see the other side of Nigerians.

Wa gbayi.. gbam... Korrect. That squad wey you draw up and the potential of the formation na the reason I dey spend my valuable time watching the super eagles from the 2nd stage qualifier till saturday's game. That is why we have made this thread over 4000 pages. Every other opinion is a counterfit including Rohr's.

All we are saying give us our best XI in their right positions.
The end.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
Ekong’s error looked worse sha. At this point I just want us to play well for once. Is that too much to ask? I would even accept it if we bowed out at the group stage, but I just want to see a good fight from the boys.

oloriooko:
The one thing that will kill many of these English players is over confidence and corkiness
What was Walker thinking throwing his arm like he was in his room
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:00pm On Jun 18, 2018
Joebie:
I would rather play Iwobi as an AM. It would help our creativity upfront. Etebo should play b2b

I agree but I don't see Etebo seating on the bench after emerging as our best player in the last match.

I will remove either Ogu or Simy to accomodate Etebo.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mujtahida:

Nothing to say, I have said my bit.. I hope to see a better performance in the next game... I want to at least see some fight..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by nelszx: 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
chimzyblack:

I LOVE IT.
But
1.I will prefare Moses to play the left wing back, he has speed loves to run with the ball and is a treat going forward and can also recover faster than Idowu when he loses the ball.
2.Etebo is needed in that midfield to add steel to it, so I will play a trio of Etebo-Mikel-Ndidi along side Moses and Ebuehi as the two wing backs.
3. IWOBI will play along side Iheanacho in a false Nine system.

We can beat any team with this formation if the boys are determined and bullish in their approach

UZOHO
OMERUO-BALOGUN-EKONG

EBUEHI-NDIDI-MIKEL-ETEBO-MOSES

IWOBI-IHEANACHO

This is what we've seeing that Rohr has refused to see. Use the speed of these youngsters to your advantage. We don't even need a natural 9 in this world cup
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
That 3-4-3/3-5-2 na very good option too

Oasis007:

Bruh..... what Rohr did against Croats can be likened to what Mourinho did against Sevilla in the UCL. Sometimes a Tactician shouldn't play his Tactics to nullify your Opponents, rather play to your Team's Strength.

I swear it's never lost for the Eagles. I had to re-watch the Combo of Mikel and Onazi at the 2014 World Cup with Babatunde as a No. 10, and what comes to my Head is; Ndidi and Iwobi are a bit better than Onazi and Babatunde of 2014.

Pair Mikel with Ndidi, let Mikel plays as a deep-lying Playmaker cos he gets eyes for long, decisive and accurate passes. He can shield the Ball, cool the tempo and coordinate the Defence.

No one tackles better than Ndidi in the Squad, he's young, athletic, fit and can tirelessly cover grounds like Kante. With Iwobi as an AM, he's definitely gonna create something from nothing.

Also we need to play with 2 Strikers - Ighalo for his better and proven Holdup plays and Iheanacho for his decisive off-ball Movements and eyes for Goal.

Tyrone and Moses should play as Wing-backs, with the Trio of Ekong, Balogun and Omeruo as CBs. I didn't include Ogu in the Defence coz I ain't sold he can play the CB effectively in a competitive Game.

3 - 4 - 1 - 2 Formation is all what Rohr needs to bring out the best in the Boys. I hope he listens to ex-internationals, Pundits and Fans who are clamoring for the Formation to be played in the next Game - cos if he fails with the same 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 with Mikel as an AM for the Team - Lord...... he's gonna see the other side of Nigerians.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:03pm On Jun 18, 2018
grin

God forbids....... if Rohr proves stubbornness - plays the same Lineup, Formation, Setting against Iceland and we lost...... the moment he returns to the Country, his Case gonna be like........?!

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
Exactly that’s what I meant by box to box for Etebo

forgiveness:

I agree but I don't see Etebo seating on the bench after emerging as our best player in the last match.

I will remove either Ogu or Simy to accomodate Etebo.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
Lol

If e happen like that na to sack am na before the Argentina game. Na the highest level of incompetence be that.

Oasis007:
grin

God forbids....... if Rohr proves stubbornness - plays the same Lineup, Formation, Setting against Iceland and we lost...... the moment he returns to the Country, his Case gonna be like........?!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Dannyxy:
pessimism, pessimism and more pessimism, na people like una make rohr and the player fear sotay we turn chickens and cowards..

So you are saying, the team needs a psychologist to Psyche them up not to embarrass themselves, rather than Psyching themselves up to win? .. Hear yourself?

If you don't think they will win, then why waste m.b here that you could use to watch the highlight of Mexico's match, and, feel good?

Whether you like it or not, whether you believe it or not, we are playing for pride now. The odds of qualifying from the group after loosing 2:0 in the first game is too high.
I don't know how many teams who have managed to recover from a -2 goal difference after the first game and still made it out of the group in a world cup, not when they are not favourites.
We can only play for pride now, if something good comes out of it, take it, if it isn't good enough, you leave the stage with your head held high and reconvene after another 4years.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by soetanoreoluwa(m): 8:14pm On Jun 18, 2018
Mujtahida:

I just gentle since Saturday.... I was lynched by trolls, insults and mockery by friends after making so much bragging on air and online...

But I told them I know what I signed for, ride or die.

Ain't going to blame the coach or players and some we re just thinking they didn't have a fight

They do , they fight with everything just that they are too meticulous to coach instructions and forget to play there game...

I kept reading from Idowu, Balogun and other players on how they work hard on set piece and still failing..

Sometimes your extra effort wont be enough no matter how you try that is the case of super eagles...

I still believe in this team... Like I Said ride or die

#SoarSuperEagles

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Oasis007(m): 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Joebie:
That 3-4-3/3-5-2 na very good option too

Yeah they are, but there is gonna be a tweak in the Lineup and Tactics.

if we play 3 - 5 - 2, I will hope for a Midfield Trio of Ndidi, Mikel and Etebo. Ndidi and Mikel gonna play Deep while Etebo plays as B2B Midfielder, with Iheanacho and Ighalo Upfront.

Also we will play more on the Flanks than Middle, hence I hope we have capable Crossers and Nodders. I will surely go with Tyrone as a RWB and Moses as a LWB. Tyrone's Wing gonna be used the most.

I'm afraid we will get lost with 3 Upfront in a 3 - 4 - 3 Formation, except we wanna play with invited Wing-forwards who will be drifting to the Middle to join in the buildup.

I will play Iheanacho as a Striker in this Formation, Moses and Etebo as Wing-forwards, Idowu and Tyrone as Wing-backs and Ndidi and Mikel as DMs.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
who else is taking notice of these Tunisia Team ball control and well split passes...?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by markfemi1: 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
Seriously these eagles fall my hand on Saturday. I will not blame coach rohr cause he can't give what he doesn't have.
Hoping that they improve on Wednesday.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by oloriooko(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
I don't see Gary Southgate as a good coach, he's just fortunate to have good individual players at the period he was made coach

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by pelezico: 8:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
Looking at the way Tunisia are playing Nigeria has no business playing at this WC. Yes Tunisia should be losing right now based on the 1st half performance but this 2nd half has been far better

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Humility017(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
It seems England....just changed tactics to 3-5-2....formation.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
tbaba1234:

Nothing to say, I have said my bit.. I hope to see a better performance in the next game... I want to at least see some fight..

It's the WC Bro. We gat to keep up the groove. This pain is part of the festival. That's what makes it engrossing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by KevinDein: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2018
A lot of flying insect in that stadium. They seem to have an affinity for the dark skinned players grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Mujtahida: 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
soetanoreoluwa:

I just gentle since Saturday.... I was lynched by trolls, insults and mockery by friends after making so much bragging on air and online...

But I told them I know what I signed for, ride or die.

Ain't going to blame the coach or players and some we re just thinking they didn't have a fight

They do , they fight with everything just that they are too meticulous to coach instructions and forget to play there game...

I kept reading from Idowu, Balogun and other players on how they work hard on set piece and still failing..

Sometimes your extra effort wont be enough no matter how you try that is the case of super eagles...

I still believe in this team... Like I Said ride or die

#SoarSuperEagles
Good word Bro. I am even surprised at the groundswell of emotions and pain Nigerians experienced in the loss. I obviously buried my head in this thread and forgot that Nigerians still are passionate about their team.

Imagine if we had won!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by kennysville(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2018
KevinDein:
A lot of flying insect in that stadium. They seem to have an affinity for the dark skinned players grin

Lolzzzz... Thats racist bruh!

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aodis: 8:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Another thing we should clamour the coaches on the bench they just leave rohr to do everyone. No game readers nothing. Chai Nigeria

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Abeg! England good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Odunayaw(m): 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Set piece again
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by aodis: 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2018
Na wa oh! So Africa no sabi play ball
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
England deserve to win
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by chic2pimp(m): 8:52pm On Jun 18, 2018
forgiveness:
Abeg! England good.

You can say that again

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Sportilitica: 8:54pm On Jun 18, 2018
I think they should just merge African team into one. Or better still let us just stick to Nations cup. Damn useless teams. Someone will now say they played well and still lose

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4161) (4162) (4163) (4164) (4165) (4166) (4167) ... (16119) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Truidstarr, Meliforme, delightchamp and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.