Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,846 members, 7,806,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (4418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11565668 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) ... (16111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2018
goldfish80:

I would prefer to list the number of ex players from our league who won the Afcon in 2013 and made the world cup 2nd round in Brazil, thereby equalling the best performance and achievement of the famous USA 94 team who about 99% of them cut their cut their teeth in the local league. By the way, Nigerias best player at this world cup, Ahmed MUSA was a product of the Nigerian local league.

Outstanding contribution.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:28pm On Jul 16, 2018
goldfish80:

That's his level to be honest.

To think that some people wanted to give this boy a free ticket to Russia, it's quite befuddling.

Too bad on his side he refused such a golden opportunity. Think of what a world cup appearance would have done to his career after such a poor season with the Swans. Well like my friend will always say, water dun find en level grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
and in just the space of 4-5 years they are no where to be found
TheGoodJoe:

Outstanding contribution.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
spot on bro!
ChrisKels:

That trend seems to have been botched because those players couldn't stand the test of time.

Oboabona, Uzoenyi, Agbim grin Mba(my village boy), that lanky defender from abia state Azubuike abi wetin be d boy name, Kwambe, Francis, Gambo et al are not qualities and if they are what our league have got to offer, then we should be ashamed of ourselves.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:
and in just the space of 4-5 years they are no where to be found

Lol Emmyboy u nogo kee me ooo grin grin

Leave my people make dem dey celebrate mediocrity grin

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2018
Joebie:
Ahmed Musa to Saudi Arabia?

Money move... Musa can still play in Europe for a few more years.

That one na national team retirement if he goes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2018
mediocrity no be small
ChrisKels:

Lol Emmyboy u nogo kee me ooo grin grin

Leave my people make dem dey celebrate mediocrity grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2018
we should talk of players who made the leap from the local league to europe top leagues not mediocre players who were forced down our throats by keshi and on the process won afcon and got to the 2nd round of 2014 out of mere luck and when reality struck the same team failed to qualify for back to back afcons. if keshi was grouped with algeria, cameroon and zambia i doubt if we will finsh 2nd in the group.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2018
Henry Onyekuru will earn a lot more than the $100,000-a-month (about 36 million Naira) salary announced by Turkish club Galatasaray after a close source to the forward told SCORENigeria he is on £37,000-a-week.

The source told ScoreNigeria Onyekuru will thus be paid £148,000-a-month, which at a conservative 74 million Naira-a-month will be twice what has been reported.

“Henry is going to earn more than what was reported in the media,” the source told SCORENigeria

“The media said he is to be paid $100,000-a-month, but that is far below what he will earn at Galatasaray.

“He will be paid £37,000 a-week which is £148,000 a-month. This wage is without league and Champions League bonuses.”

He is on a season-long loan from Premier League club Everton.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2018
turning nigeria down will be tammy's greatest career regret. imagine if this kid was at the world cup with nigeria his status would have risen to the level where championship clubs will be scared to come close to him. the biggest problem some of our euro-born lads have is they seem not to be realistic when making decisions about their international footballing careers. the only thing that will put tammy on the spot light again in the english football circle is joining an epl team and score over 15 goals a season and and don't foresee that happening this season. instead of going down to the english championship it will be better he opt for a club outside the shore of Britain ie a move to any of the french, german or spanish league will help in his development as a player. few english lads are taking the route to the german league and are doing well
ChrisKels:

To think that some people wanted to give this boy a free ticket to Russia, it's quite befuddling.

Too bad on his side he refused such a golden opportunity. Think of what a world cup appearance would have done to his career after such a poor season with the Swans. Well like my friend will always say, water dun find en level grin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2018
I believe he will still called up by Rohr. But he'd have to show consistently that the Saudi league is not killing his game. Eat the big pie for a couple years and return back to Europe.
tbaba1234:

Money move... Musa can still play in Europe for a few more years.

That one na national team retirement if he goes.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
tammy abraham should learn from the likes of sancho,lookman and mandela who left the epl for the bundesliga. sancho was a revelation at dortmund last season, mandela since leaving crystal palace as a youth team player and made the move to monchenglabach he has tasted first team action and have been elevated to the clubs first team and i doubt if he would have been elevated to palace first team if he remained with them. lookman was a perpetual bench warmer in everton and was close to leaving on loan to a championship team before he joined leipzig and we all know how his decision panned out. tammy representatives should seek for a move on loan to a decent club in any of the top leagues. he should also rescind his decision by pitching tent with 9ja because that's the more realistic option for him when it comes to international football

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
i no really like the move but my brother from rumors the offer is too juicy to reject. i will advice he should go for it
Joebie:
I believe he will still called up by Rohr. But he'd have to show consistently that the Saudi league is not killing his game. Eat the big pie for a couple years and return back to Europe.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:03pm On Jul 16, 2018
forgiveness:

Can you list his coaching experience?

I think that Britiko of Ghana origin is better.

Do you mean Chris Houghton ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2018
forgiveness:

Can you list his coaching experience?

If we are not going for Nigerian FB, I will rather go for Chris Hughton. He is the most experienced of all and has a very good record.

Chris Houghton is a gentleman and a man of unquestionable integrity.

He will not pander to arrangements, deal before the ideal, undue respect to player projects, favoritism, etc, etc

My view is we are not ready for a guy like Chris Houghton. Or what do you think ❓
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 8:11pm On Jul 16, 2018
forgiveness:

Well, I started having problems here because of Iheanacho 2 years ago when I said he will struggle if he goes to a lowly club. Today we can see for ourselves. But then, even recently, I was called a hater, tribalist etc because of my stance.

Anyway, I hope he pick up himself.

I said more or less the same thing. That the true test of his ability will be when he leaves City no longer surrounded by top class even world class players. Then he will have to prove his quality.

Well I was labelled q HATER Tooo

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2018
Nigeria under 15.

In a few years, some people will swear that these boys are 35.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2018
If that Fekir lands in Liverpool make other teams just be ready to mark him with 4 players because that boy is a wizard.

He could turn out to be best player in the world.

Liverpool don strong ooooooo. Chai!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:29pm On Jul 16, 2018
komekn:

Do you mean Chris Houghton ❓

Yes.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:30pm On Jul 16, 2018
Midhat Bajric, we had a discussion about him 2 years ago. I hope those that matter are keeping an eye on him.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2018
komekn:

Chris Houghton is a gentleman and a man of unquestionable integrity.

He will not pander to arrangements, deal before the ideal, undue respect to player projects, favoritism, etc, etc

My view is we are not ready for a guy like Chris Houghton. Or what do you think ❓

If these explains his personality, why not bring him on?

We are ready if we are truly serious but that should be after Rohr's tenure. For now, he remains the boss and we should give him the support he needs to succeed.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 8:43pm On Jul 16, 2018
list of euro-born lads i would love to have in the super eagles setup

philip anyanwu billing(huddlesfield)22 yrs old- an emerging midfield dynamo who will add more quality to the team. he is naturally a central midfielder but can deployed as a DM or Box-Box midfielder as well. he is blessed with good physique which makes him a hand-full in the midfield, a calm passer of the ball and has good shooting ability as well.

Felix Akpoguma(Wolfsburg)20yrs old- a classy young defender on the rise. snapped up by wolfsburg last season, he was a revelation for the team as they struggled to maintain their status as a bundesliga team. injury kept him out of action a couple of times but shunned out good performances when he was fit. still learning the trade but good enough to be in the current super eagles setup where he will serve as an understudy to aging leon balogun.

Joshua onomah(tottenham)20yrs old- currently a regular in the english u21s, onomah has the qualities to metamorphose into a world class midfielder. he had a a good start in the colors of aston villa which made steve bruce make comments of getting him permanently from his parent club spurs before his lost of form coupled with injuries. he is highly regarded at spurs and the english youth teams which is testament to his talent. its left to see if he will opt for the super eagles later but as for now he is a an important figure for the english u21s

ademola lookman (everton) 20yrs old- has the same case as that of onomah(strongly committed to the English u21s). a proven talent judging by how he took the bundesliga by storm in the colors of leipzig,he will be a massive steal if he changes his allegiance to Nigeria. pacy,tricky,good shooting ability, good passing ability just to mention a few,this kid has all it takes to be a steady figure in the current eagles setup. he is highly regarded in the English football circle so i see his case as a difficult.

seyi ojo (liverpool) 20 yrs old- good winger blessed with pace and good skills, he will be a good addition to the team. rumors has it that he is ready to jump ship anything, if it turns out to be true then we are getting a super talent who has the skill set to become a top player in no distant time. played on loan with fulham last season where he started well and was a regular in the team before injury struck. still highly regarded in anfield, he may still be shipped out on loan this coming season but this time to an epl team.

kevin akpoguma (hoffenheim) 24yrs old- a decent center back who only got a chance in hoffenheims first team last season and gave a good account of himself. was approached by rohr prior to the worldcup but he turned the opportunity down hoping on getting a chance with the german senior national side. if he decides to have a change of heart,he will be a good addition in the teams defense. at a ripe age of 24,its time for him to make a decision about his international career and pitching tent with nigeria will be the more realistic option for him judging by how tough it may be for him to get a look in by the germans.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2018
komekn:

I said more or less the same thing. That the true test of his ability will be when he leaves City no longer surrounded by top class even world class players. Then he will have to prove his quality.

Well I was labelled q HATER Tooo

Welcome to the 'haters' club. Hahahaha!
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by ChrisKels: 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:
Henry Onyekuru will earn a lot more than the $100,000-a-month (about 36 million Naira) salary announced by Turkish club Galatasaray after a close source to the forward told SCORENigeria he is on £37,000-a-week.

The source told ScoreNigeria Onyekuru will thus be paid £148,000-a-month, which at a conservative 74 million Naira-a-month will be twice what has been reported.

“Henry is going to earn more than what was reported in the media,” the source told SCORENigeria

“The media said he is to be paid $100,000-a-month, but that is far below what he will earn at Galatasaray.

“He will be paid £37,000 a-week which is £148,000 a-month. This wage is without league and Champions League bonuses.”

He is on a season-long loan from Premier League club Everton.

Now here is the move that makes sense in all ramifications ;

Money reason - check
Football reason - check
Champs league - check
Work permit - check
National team recognition - check
Big team - check

True talent never hides. I am Happy for you Henry, now continue from where u left off. Do even better than u ever have.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:05pm On Jul 16, 2018
charlesemeka85:
list of euro-born lads i would love to have in the super eagles setup

philip anyanwu billing(huddlesfield)22 yrs old- an emerging midfield dynamo who will add more quality to the team. he is naturally a central midfielder but can deployed as a DM or Box-Box midfielder as well. he is blessed with good physique which makes him a hand-full in the midfield, a calm passer of the ball and has good shooting ability as well.

Felix Akpoguma(Wolfsburg)20yrs old- a classy young defender on the rise. snapped up by wolfsburg last season, he was a revelation for the team as they struggled to maintain their status as a bundesliga team. injury kept him out of action a couple of times but shunned out good performances when he was fit. still learning the trade but good enough to be in the current super eagles setup where he will serve as an understudy to aging leon balogun.

Joshua onomah(tottenham)20yrs old- currently a regular in the english u21s, onomah has the qualities to metamorphose into a world class midfielder. he had a a good start in the colors of aston villa which made steve bruce make comments of getting him permanently from his parent club spurs before his lost of form coupled with injuries. he is highly regarded at spurs and the english youth teams which is testament to his talent. its left to see if he will opt for the super eagles later but as for now he is a an important figure for the english u21s

ademola lookman (everton) 20yrs old- has the same case as that of onomah(strongly committed to the English u21s). a proven talent judging by how he took the bundesliga by storm in the colors of leipzig,he will be a massive steal if he changes his allegiance to Nigeria. pacy,tricky,good shooting ability, good passing ability just to mention a few,this kid has all it takes to be a steady figure in the current eagles setup. he is highly regarded in the English football circle so i see his case as a difficult.

seyi ojo (liverpool) 20 yrs old- good winger blessed with pace and good skills, he will be a good addition to the team. rumors has it that he is ready to jump ship anything, if it turns out to be true then we are getting a super talent who has the skill set to become a top player in no distant time. played on loan with fulham last season where he started well and was a regular in the team before injury struck. still highly regarded in anfield, he may still be shipped out on loan this coming season but this time to an epl team.

kevin akpoguma (hoffenheim) 24yrs old- a decent center back who only got a chance in hoffenheims first team last season and gave a good account of himself. was approached by rohr prior to the worldcup but he turned the opportunity down hoping on getting a chance with the german senior national side. if he decides to have a change of heart,he will be a good addition in the teams defense. at a ripe age of 24,its time for him to make a decision about his international career and pitching tent with nigeria will be the more realistic option for him judging by how tough it may be for him to get a look in by the germans.

Do you mean Felix Uduokhai?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Joebie: 9:16pm On Jul 16, 2018
Papas go dey talk say they took WAEC with these lads the same year. Gladly Omidiji s here. He needs to take more pics with the rest of the boys since that the only certification we will agree to accept over MRI.

tbaba1234:
Nigeria under 15.

In a few years, some people will swear that these boys are 35.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
Joebie:
Papas go dey talk say they took WAEC with these lads the same year. Gladly Omidiji s here. He needs to take more pics with the rest of the boys since that the only certification we will agree to accept over MRI.

There are some other pics

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by charlesemeka85(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2018
thanks for the correction
forgiveness:

Do you mean Felix Uduokhai?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:27pm On Jul 16, 2018
The under 15 team has traveled for the African youth games.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:36pm On Jul 16, 2018
18 under 15 players to the African Youth tournament.

Obinna Ajah, Lateef Omidiji, Oluwatobi Adeleke, Ibrahim Mohammed, Moses Aluko, Sulaimon Lawal, Bala Ezekiel, Umar Suleiman, Samson Komolafe, Ismail Ayodele, Ajir Sesugh, Johnmark Aule, Dauda Hamza, Usman Ibrahim, Ahmed Abdulhakim, Anthony Okoronkwo, Divine Nwachukwu and Chidera Ejiofor.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by gamaliel9: 9:37pm On Jul 16, 2018
tbaba1234:

There are some other pics

Watch out for number 17 squatting with green shirts front row.... a good box to box midfielder...
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 9:38pm On Jul 16, 2018
Remember Suleiman Lawal, he is one of the under 15 boys. We shared his video here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL0e1_oqzwA

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (4415) (4416) (4417) (4418) (4419) (4420) (4421) ... (16111) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Amedino99(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.