Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,848 members, 7,806,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (454) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11565684 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (16111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Oh Please. Echiejile had a history of poor games until he lost his place in the Super Eagles. Do not try to make him the best thing since Celestine Babayaro. Props to him for the much improvement and we hope it continues.

Do not overblow it. Keep in mind, Rohr worked with Lizarazu. If he says we need reinforcement, we need reinforcement.

If the Boss says it the fish, you eat the fish.
Kindly point out the poor games Elderson have had for the Super Eagles.
For every poor game you point, I will point 2 equally bad ones from Mikel.

Elderson have been a great servant for the national team, irrespective of what anyone thinks. He has been ever present in all the famous victories we have enjoyed the past 8-10 yrs.
He's not the most flashy player in the team zthat could probably be the reason you want to throw him under the bus.

And Rohr have never said he's not satisfied with Elderson's contributions.

3 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:25pm On Jan 12, 2017
komekn:

You want to know the cold hearted truth

Change his agent, it's obvious he is not able to cut it for him or his agent is pursuing what will benefit him and not the player.

Etebo is way too good to be playing for his current club.

Many of the agents are just greedy. Whenever a young player is about to make a big move, wranglings over money seem inevitable.

How does one explain the move of Imoh Ezekiel to Qatar? It makes no sense except from a pecuniary stand-point.

Musa Muhammad ending up in Turkey is also due to the same thing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:26pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

For every one poor game you point, I will point 2 equally bad ones from Mikel.

Elderson have been a great servant for the national team, irrespective of what anyone thinks. He has been ever present in all the famous victories we have enjoyed the past 8-10 yrs.
He's not the most flashy player in the team zthat could probably be the reason you want to throw him under the bus.

Asking me to point out poor games of Echiejile shows you are far from the food chain. He lost his place to Oshaniwa under Keshi.

Argue what you know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

Mikel poor games. Haba. Fear God. You can say Mikel did not perform highly but poor. Mba nu nu.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Asking me to point out poor games of Echiejile shows you are far from the food chain. He lost his place to Oshaniwa under Keshi.

Argue what you know.
Liar! He was injured that was the reason Oshaniwa showed up at the World Cup.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:28pm On Jan 12, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
goldfish80:

Elderson is an example of a good player with a good team. His agents have helped him play in very good clubs.

I rate him very highly.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 8:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Argue what you know.

He was injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

Liar! He was injured that was the reason Oshaniwa showed up at the World Cup.

Guy you are funny. It was the AFCON qualifiers that Echiejile lost his place. That was after the World Cup. After repeated horrendous show. As I said, Argue what you know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:30pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Mikel poor games. Haba. Fear God. You can say Mikel did not perform highly but poor. Mba nu nu.
Take up the challenge if you can. Name one poor game from Elderson, I will name 2 equally poor ones from Mikel.

This is no way dissing Mikel, I just want to prove to you that Elderson have been one of our most steady performers,morr than how much you realise.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Guy you are funny. It was the AFCON qualifiers that Echiejile lost his place. After repeated horrendous show. As I said, Argue what you know.
How could he have lost his place at the Afcon qualifiers when he was the first choice till the Afcon finals when he got injured.

By the way, Mikel lost his spot to Onobi, does that make Onobi better than Mikel?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

Take up the challenge if you can. Name one poor game from Elderson, I will name 2 equally poor ones from Mikel.

This is no way dissing Mikel, I just want to prove to you that Elderson have been one of our most steady performers,morr than how much you realise.

I am not taking up any wack challenge. This is not a competition. If you do not know Echiejile had poor games that caused us key points, there is no point arguing with you. As I said, props to Echiejie for the much improvement and I hope it continues. I prays so.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

How could he have lost his place at the Afcon qualifiers when he was the first choice till the Afcon finals when he got injured.

By the way, Mikel lost his spot to Onobi, does that make Onobi better than Mikel?

Echiejile was dropped by Keshi, not injured. You already exposed yourself when you were talking before World Cup. Echiejile was fit and on the bench. Terrible in games. Oshaniwa came in and the result switched.

This is basic stuff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I am not taking up any wack challenge. This is not a competition. If you do not know Echiejile had poor games that caused us key points, there is no point arguing with you. As I said, props to Echiejie for the much improvement and I hope it continues. I prays so.
Elderson has about 52 caps and counting. If he's such a poor player like you're making him out to be, he wouldn't have 1/4 if those caps.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:36pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

Elderson has about 52 caps and counting. If he's such a poor player like you're making him out to be, he wouldn't have 1/4 if those caps.

As I said, if you did not know this, there is no point arguing with you. You are arguing what you do not know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Echiejile was dropped by Keshi, not injured. You already exposed yourself when you were talking before World Cup. Echiejile was fit and on the bench. Terrible in games. Oshaniwa came in and the result switched.

This is basic stuff.
This should clear you up if he was injured or not http://africanfootball.com/news/431511/Ahmed-Musa-injured-scan-for-Elderson-Keshi
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Napoleon55(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
Etebinho, OMG!

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

This is basic stuff.

He was the only player that performed in the friendlies prior to the world cup. He got injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

As I said, if you did not know this, there is no point arguing with you. You are arguing what you do not know.
You have not been able to prove your claims on
1) Elderson being so bad he lost his place to Oshaniwa
2)Elderson having bad games which have cost us points
What have you been able to prove? Nothing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

This should clear you up if he was injured or not http://africanfootball.com/news/431511/Ahmed-Musa-injured-scan-for-Elderson-Keshi

The Eagles coach did not specify the mature of Musa’s injury but it is believed he picked it from the game against Greece.

“The doctors have an appointment for an MRI scan for Elderson to know the extent of the problem. We have to wait,” he said.

“(Ahmed) Musa is nursing a little a bit of injury, while Juwon (Oshaniwa) has been out for three, four days with malaria, but he has resumed training.

“Hopefully everybody will be fine before we leave for Brazil.”

I doubt you read the article you posted. There is leave for Brazil in it. Is that AFCON qualifiers?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

He was the only player that performed in the friendlies prior to the world cup. He got injured.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:42pm On Jan 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

Don't mind TheGoodJoe, anybody he doesn't like, he will fight so hard to throw him under the bus.
But am ready for him

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

You have not been able to prove your claims on
1) Elderson being so bad he lost his place to Oshaniwa
2)Elderson having bad games which have cost us points
What have you been able to prove? Nothing.

I said, no point arguing with you on this. If you do not know, you do not know.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tglobal(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
It's Nigeria, South Africa, Libya and Seychelles for 2019 Afcon

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The Eagles coach did not specify the mature of Musa’s injury but it is believed he picked it from the game against Greece.

“The doctors have an appointment for an MRI scan for Elderson to know the extent of the problem. We have to wait,” he said.

“(Ahmed) Musa is nursing a little a bit of injury, while Juwon (Oshaniwa) has been out for three, four days with malaria, but he has resumed training.

I doubt you read the article you posted. There is leave for Brazil in it. Is that AFCON qualifiers?
Elderson didn't recover from his injuries after the world cup. The Afcon qualifiers started same year the world cup ended.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

What are you talking World Cup? I clearly stated he caused us games in the qualifiers and lost his place.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:46pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You initially said he lost his place to Oshaniwa at the World Cup. Scroll up and read your own post.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

Elderson didn't recover from his injuries after the world cup. The Afcon qualifiers started same year the world cup ended.

Your still digging yourself. You do not know. Echiejile played the qualifiers and was a big part why Keshi lost his job. By the time Keshi replaced him, it was too late. Admit you do not know and move on.

Posting articles without reading it.

I repeat big props to Echiejile for the much improvement and I hope it continues.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

You initially said he lost his place to Oshaniwa at the World Cup. Scroll up and read your own post.

World Cup ke. Please, everyone knows Echiejile injured and Oshaniwa replaced him well. This is basic stuff.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:51pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

Your still digging yourself. You do not know. Echiejile played the qualifiers and was a big part why Keshi lost his job. By the time Keshi replaced him, it was too late. Admit you do not know and move on.

Posting articles without reading it.

I repeat big props to Echiejile for the much improvement and I hope it continues.

Elderson was the reason keshi lost his job? What a pathetic claim.
I haven't read anything more ridiculous. Wow

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:53pm On Jan 12, 2017
goldfish80:

Elderson was the reason keshi lost his job? What a pathetic claim.
I haven't read anything more ridiculous. Wow

You do not know. Simple.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 8:55pm On Jan 12, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

World Cup ke. Please, everyone knows Echiejile injured and Oshaniwa replaced him well. This is basic stuff.
And since Elderson recovered form his injuries where has our hero Oshaniwa been?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by safarigirl(f): 8:56pm On Jan 12, 2017
tglobal:
It's Nigeria, South Africa, Libya and Seychelles for 2019 Afcon
guess we'll be going for that AFCON....please tell me we play South Africa in March grin grin....let them be the first to enjoy these small boys in 2017

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) ... (16111) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Samueltemi337(m), jihday(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.