Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,604 members, 7,801,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

The True Problem With The National Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The True Problem With The National Team (13652 Views)

Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit / Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The True Problem With The National Team by safarigirl(f): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2016
I've read many times from different people that the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles suffer from a lack of 'quality' players. The team have been accused of having sub-standard players who never play their best in the Nigerian colours and I used to believe that.

I believed it so much, I advocated a total overhauling of the team- get in new guys, young blood with heart and mettle. People who are ready to lay it down for the green white green. That should work, right?

Fast forward today, and after watching our dismal outing in Egypt as well as prvious failures in the last U20 world Cup, I've come to the realistic conclusion that the problem with the team is the managers and administrators.

Yes, the National team coaches and their egos/sentiments have ruined us more times than I can remember. Was it Manu Garba in U20, dropping lethal Iheanacho, Simon Moses and Nwakali against Germany, for non-lethal guys? What of Keshi who kept on throwing in Yobo even when he was past his prime? Or Samson Siasia fielding the likes of Aminu Umar and directionless Musa against Egypt in a must-win game, while our best players in KD; Iheanacho, Iwobi and Simon Moses were on the bench? The same Siasia playing Ighalo- someone who can only function with a strike partner as a lone striker? What happened to Fernando Adi? A smart coach builds his team according to the strength(s) of his forward(s), you don't just throw a man into a line-up and hope he can pull a rabbit out his arse in 90 minutes

Some might say, don't blame the coach, but someone is responsible for Leicester topping the EPL with the SAME players they had when they were fighting relegation, and who is that? Did Egypt have better players than us as far as pedigree? Would the right coach have made a difference with the right team selection? By all means yes.

Those advocating for the foreign players, the Jordon Ibes, Delle Allis and Ross Barkley, what are the guarantees they still won't be overlooked by a local coach for some Festus Kingsley from NPFL or U23 when it matters? After all, Iwobi had to wait till 15 minutes to the end of the game to show his mettle despite his strong display in Kaduna. So, I can imagine your coaches would even bench CR7 if he could play for Nigeria. Why?

This is not to absolve the incompetent NFF of course, because they are majorly to blame for our instability. With their gross disregard and disrespect for local coaches and their constant failure to keep to contractual terms, NFF have continually chased away decent local coaches with disastrous results. Even those advocating to retain Siasia, do you think the same fate that met Oliseh and Keshi won't meet him? You think NFF will pay his salary? You think they won't override his decisions to slot in their favourites?

Unfortunately, until we rid the football body of those cancerous elements that have eaten deep into the system, we cannot expect any form of miracle on the pitch or from the same set of rotten coaches. The popular saying comes to play that even if you put make-up on a pig, a pig is still a pig.

As I type this, I have lost any form of hope of us qualifying for any tournament, even if we do, there are no long term solutions to our football woes, because even when it seems like we're making headway, something or someone always combusts. Even the foreign coaches will leave because of NFF and their shady ways.

We have all the talent we need, more talent than the likes of Netherlands, England, Algeria, CIV....we have a golden generation in our hands, boys who have it in them to break the records of Yekini, JJ Okocha, Kanu and Finidi George, but poor management and a corrupt administration will kill those talents every generation we get to.

Article Written By: Safarigirl

CC: Thegoodjoe, TheSupernerd, Icon4s, Daninya11, blueto, confun, bascovanveli, jarus

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Nobody: 7:49am On Mar 30, 2016
Its really pathetic to ascertain that all we can boast of as a zealous footballing Nation is our U-17 because the coaches are discipline at that particular time when the lads are yet to make names or having the affluence and charisma to lobby their way into the U-17 national team and being used by the coaches with the sole criterion of displaying palatable performance in the field.

It worries to see that when this players transcends beyond the U-17 level to the national team, the criterion for featuring and featuring impeccably for the national team becomes criteria, no longer a criterion.

Sentiments begin to come in, and because of the egocentric and covetous disposition of the coach, they resort to under-utilizing or exploiting the sublime prowess of a player because the maintain a trivial rift with such player, due to the fact that they don't what the player or players to be lauded by Nigerians above them(coaches) or the player is showing a little bit of arrogance or being an introvert or failure to comply with “bribery” policy wink .

Even in politics, sentiments and prejudice administrations are demonstrated. that is why I formerly opined that we need decorum in our football.

The fact is that our indigenous coaches are devoid of man management dexterity.

I hope Siasia doesn't experiment this subjective mechanism in the 2016 Rio Olympics.

3 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Akposb(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2016
You are definitely spot on in your criticism of the Administrator of our national football Association. The truth is that Oliseh was meant to be a long-term solution but he left the team stranded by resigning prior to these double-header with Egypt.

Yes, Nigeria has a talented group of players but most times the team is important. Your criticism of using home based players instead of foreign base is somewhat scathing as there is no good international team that does not have most of their players playing in their league or playing in a country that encourages similar playing style.

Lastly, the task of rebuilding have always been the mantra in the mouth of Nigeria coaches. We can't defy the laws of nature in terms of gradual development, so things are not likely to change except the nation invents a proper policy framework.

1 Like

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Rajosh(m): 7:59am On Mar 30, 2016
you're so on point. when I saw the line-up I knew we were done for. We needed creativity. I thought Iwobi will start. I imagined Iwobi, moses Simon, Victor Moses and Ighalo starting all together. Iwobi would have given Ighalo the support he needs. we all know Ighalo is good but he's not a "messi" who can terrorize defence on his own. he needs a spine. our management is really the root problem we have. Imagine Siasia didn't even invite Leon Balogun until we clamored for his inclusion before injury ruled him out. What happened to William-Troost Ekong, isn't he better than Ambrose? That's why the likes of Ross Barkley, Dele Alli and Jordan Ibe didn't even consider playing for Nigeria and we accuse them of not being patriotic. if we must get a foreign coach, he should be a world class coach and not some mediocre who will be given a mouth watering deal because of his skin colour. I'm so angry right now I could continue typing but to what end? I rest my case. Make EPL start joor.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Nobody: 8:06am On Mar 30, 2016
Since we are now certain that Siasia will remain incharge, by the insinuations of this news
“Super Eagles job: Egypt match won't determine Siasia's fate...” http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/super-eagles-job-egypt-match-wont-determine-siasias-fate-nff/ .

Siasia needs to settle down now and start making strategies and using this AFCON exit as a way of learning from Mistakes and focus on world cup qualification if he will still be in charge at that particular time.

AFCON failure is not the end of the world, we need to prove to ourselves and the world that Nigeria can a be effective, fervent and contended with world powers in the world of football.

3 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:50am On Mar 30, 2016
Rajosh:
you're so on point. when I saw the line-up I knew we were done for. We needed creativity. I thought Iwobi will start. I imagined Iwobi, moses Simon, Victor Moses and Ighalo starting all together. Iwobi would have given Ighalo the support he needs. we all know Ighalo is good but he's not a "messi" who can terrorize defence on his own. he needs a spine. our management is really the root problem we have. Imagine Siasia didn't even invite Leon Balogun until we clamored for his inclusion before injury ruled him out. What happened to William-Troost Ekong, isn't he better than Ambrose? That's why the likes of Ross Barkley, Dele Alli and Jordan Ibe didn't even consider playing for Nigeria and we accuse them of not being patriotic. if we must get a foreign coach, he should be a world class coach and not some mediocre who will be given a mouth watering deal because of his skin colour. I'm so angry right now I could continue typing but to what end? I rest my case. Make EPL start joor.

After the troubles Iwobi and Carl Ikeme faced at Kaduna, we can not blame Coach Siasia for leaving out Balogun earlier. The climate was not good for them.

Iwobi and Simon Moses would have given Ighalo more freedom but Ighalo gets his pick based on sentiments alone. This guy has only one goal since January. He is on a drought. I do not think he was the one to lead the line. Reports came out from the camp that Ighalo was wasteful and Iheanacho was the most clinical striker.

Why Coach Siasia chose to drop Iheanacho, beats me.

5 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2016
The problem with Nigerian football has more to do with the administration than the coaches. Just like at the U20 World Cup, we saw the Coach going from a genius to a dunce. The same man who put out one of the youngest and creative team in the qualifiers opted for a direct playing formation.

The Egyptians parked the bus and Coach Siasia opted for a defensive switch, instead of a creative switch.

At half time, someone asked me if there was hope. I said yes. We will push Iheanacho and Iwobi. When I saw the defensive change, I shook my head.

This scenario repeats with every Coach in our top Football. From the U20 with Siasia when he handled Ibrahim Rabiu's set, to John Obuh to Manu Garba.

From Vogtz to Lagerback. From Bora to Libregts.

It is not a coincidence that these people wanted Coach Keshi sacked during the AFCON we won.

Our problem is with the administration not coaches. If we fix the administration, the others will fall into place.

#KickOutPinnick

11 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:02am On Mar 30, 2016
blueto:
Since we are now certain that Siasia will remain incharge, by the insinuations of this news

Siasia needs to settle down now and start making strategies and using this AFCON exit as a way of learning from Mistakes and focus on world cup qualification if he will still be in charge at that particular time.

AFCON failure is not the end of the world, we need to prove to ourselves and the world that Nigeria can a be effective, fervent and contended with world powers in the world of football.

As soon as we lost the game yesterday, I knew these NFF men will not sack Coach Siasia. If we qualified, they won't retain Coach Siasia.

The order has been a local Coach qualifies the team. Like Amodu and then a foreigner carries the team to the tournament.

2 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by safarigirl(f): 9:10am On Mar 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As soon as we lost the game yesterday, I knew these NFF men will not sack Coach Siasia. If we qualified, they won't retain Coach Siasia.

The order has been a local Coach qualifies the team. Like Amodu and then a foreigner carries the team to the tournament.
siasia will be sacked. Take NFF serious at your own peril. It's an interim job anyway
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Nobody: 9:10am On Mar 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
The problem with Nigerian football has more to do with the administration than the coaches. Just like at the U20 World Cup, we saw the Coach going from a genius to a dunce. The same man who put out one of the youngest and creative team in the qualifiers opted for a direct playing formation.

The Egyptians parked the bus and Coach Siasia opted for a defensive switch, instead of a creative switch.

When the Egyptians scored, someone asked me if there was hope. I said yes. We will push Iheanacho and Iwobi. When I saw the defensive change, I shook my head.

This scenario repeats with every Coach in our top Football. From the U20 with Siasia when he handled Ibrahim Rabiu's set, to John Obuh to Manu Garba.

From Vogtz to Lagerback. From Bora to Libregts.

It is not a coincidence that these people wanted Coach Keshi sacked during the AFCON we won.

Our problem is with the administration not coaches. If we fix the administration, the others will fall into place.

#KickOutPinnick
I dissenter.

Yes, I accede that our coaches are being deprived of a palatable renumeration system and other incentive factors that elicit motivation.

But what should be the foremost incentive that will motivate a national team coach to shun prejudicial administration and optimally exploit his resources to secure palatable results for the nation and his employers?

For me, I believe it a Love For One's Country.

A coach is not suppose to be suasible and pliable enough to allow the deterrents from NFF to negatively influence his own dispensation if he is a partisan of patriotism.

2 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:15am On Mar 30, 2016
safarigirl:
siasia will be sacked. Take NFF serious at your own peril. It's an interim job anyway

Sacked for who? That is the question. They will not spend fifteen million on a foreign coach to play qualifiers.

1 Like

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 30, 2016
Nice Observation smiley .
TheGoodJoe:

2 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:17am On Mar 30, 2016
blueto:
I dissenter.

Yes, I accede that our coaches are being deprived of a palatable renumeration system and other incentive factors that elicit motivation.

But what should be the foremost incentive that will motivate a national team coach to shun prejudicial administration and optimally exploit his resources to secure palatable results for the nation and his employers?

For me, I believe it a Love For One's Country.

A coach is not suppose to be suasible and pliable enough to allow the deterrents from NFF to negatively influence his own dispensation if he is a partisan of patriotism.

Do you think Oliseh does not love the country? This man coached the team with a life threatening sickness.

Coach Siasia coached the team while Kidnappers had his mum.

Coach Stephen Keshi coached the country without a contract while his beautiful wife battled cancer.

No matter the love and devotion, if those running Football in the country do not want progress, the coaches and the team can not succeed.

9 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by safarigirl(f): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Do you think Oliseh does not love the country? These man coached the team with a life threatening sickness.

Coach Siasia coached the team while Kidnappers had his mum.

No matter the love and devotion, if those running Football in the country o not want progress, the coaches and the team can not succeed.
they were fixated on renumerations. The same problem always came up- dem never pay me salary.

If I were a national team coach, I won't care about the salary. Coaching the national team is not a full time job, why was Oliseh complaining of money? Keshi same thing.

Siasia now, what was the motive for such an abysmal line-up? Who did he end up destroying? It's his CV being dented, not even Pinnick or any player.

Thegoodjoe abeg I no wan talk about those failures too much, what's the process to getting a FIFA coaching certificate these days?

1 Like

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by safarigirl(f): 10:24am On Mar 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Sacked for who? That is the question. They will not spend fifteen million on a foreign coach to play qualifiers.
then we should have no coach. We didn't even need one against Egypt considering the rubbish Siasia went to do there.

Please, I hope NFF have no plans on wasting scarce funds to travel to Tanzania for a ceremonial game. Let's just withdraw like Chad if CAF won't cancel the third game

2 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Goke7: 10:40am On Mar 30, 2016
safarigirl:
then we should have no coach. We didn't even need one against Egypt considering the rubbish Siasia went to do there.

Please, I hope NFF have no plans on wasting scarce funds to travel to Tanzania for a ceremonial game. Let's just withdraw like Chad if CAF won't cancel the third game

Hello ma, the way you are bashing siasia is too harsh, what about the african Guardiola that ran away cos of Egypt, I think siasia should be commended for his bravery, was he disgraced? hell NO, can you blame siasia for the goals we conceded especially the one in Kaduna? That game was already won, siasia is just a victim of circimstance

The good joe has said it all, we don't have money now to employ any foreign coach abi dollar no scarce again?

The foundation of all this mess was not renewing keshi's contract after the world cup, amaju and his gang must go except we are doomed.

8 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Goke7: 10:42am On Mar 30, 2016
safarigirl:
they were fixated on renumerations. The same problem always came up- dem never pay me salary.

If I were a national team coach, I won't care about the salary. Coaching the national team is not a full time job, why was Oliseh complaining of money? Keshi same thing.

Siasia now, what was the motive for such an abysmal line-up? Who did he end up destroying? It's his CV being dented, not even Pinnick or any player.

Thegoodjoe abeg I no wan talk about those failures too much, what's the process to getting a FIFA coaching certificate these days?

@the bolded, seriously?

4 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 30, 2016
Wait o, so u people r just realising this now? That administration is our problem? After passing through the Sani Lulu years tru d Maigari years & now d Amaju Pinnick era, u guys r just realising?

Anywho, nice write-up @op

3 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:44am On Mar 30, 2016
safarigirl:

We should still honor the Tanzania game but go with youngsters. Preferably, most who will start for the Olympic team and give them the chance to gel Under tough conditions.

4 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by chrisooblog: 11:45am On Mar 30, 2016
true the bottom line is our administrators have been the bane of our poor performances but the true root of the matter is if government is really ready to allow football run itself. a situation where government subvention is responsible for 90% of your running cost is not good for transparency and proper planning. that's why someone can wakeup and say go play in kaduna or pick this sponsor that sponsor. as poor as the nff leadership is removing them is not the ultimate solution. yes i agree pinnick must go but who replaces him? poliadministrators just like him who got to leadership positions not so much by expertise but whose a**e they happened to be kissing. one thing you must know is that the current system is rigged to keep out genuine people like segun odegbami, colin udoh, you, me etc who care about the game. look at the state FAs whose members will likely produce the next nff leadership how many are competent honest football people? who can barely run clubs properly owing players left and right. so people it's not that straight forward to solve. if i were buhari i would instruct the sports minister to liase with all football stakeholders to fashion out a way for gradual government (both federal and state) withdrawal from football administration. reduce funding while encouraging corporate involvement through transparency and little incentives here and there also withdraw sport ministry employees from the various FAs and allow them hire competent people based on performance not on man know man or ''federal character''. look at how well the LMC that is controlling the NPFL is being run because of the absence of government interference. so all these issues of foreign or local coach, salary no salary, bonuses, logistics you name it will continue to be problematic as long as government is deeply involved in football and sports in general.

going forward i also support hiring a foreign coach on the short term but one has to be pragmatic do we have the money? plus can the ''oyinbo'' work in our chaotic system? if the answer is no please they should leave siasia to do his work

7 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by safarigirl(f): 11:48am On Mar 30, 2016
Goke7:

Hello ma, the way you are bashing siasia is too harsh, what about the african Guardiola that ran away cos of Egypt, I think siasia should be commended for his bravery, was he disgraced? hell NO, can you blame siasia for the goals we conceded especially the one in Kaduna? That game was already won, siasia is just a victim of circimstance

The good joe has said it all, we don't have money now to employ any foreign coach abi dollar no scarce again?

The foundation of all this mess was not renewing keshi's contract after the world cup, amaju and his gang must go except we are doomed.
african Guardiola also played just two games. Maybe if he had stayed, he wouldn't have lost to Egypt.

I'm not being harsh. The SE lost under Siasia, not under the Guardiola of wherever, if I were to apportion blames, Siasia would take 70% to Oliseh's 30%...after all, Siasia had his pick, it was not Oliseh's team he used, was it?

His team, his captain, his line-up, his mess. It was NFF that chased African Guardiola, same way they'll still chase away Siasia even before the end of the year and we'll come back to make these same threads and trade blames.

Yes, I would not collect pay for a SE job. Who am I feeding? Just give me flight money for games and accommodation, I'm good. Not everything must involve pay.

It is not a full time job, is it?

5 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Icon4s(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2016
safarigirl:
I've read many times from different people that the Nigerian national team, the Super Eagles suffer from a lack of 'quality' players. The team have been accused of having sub-standard players who never play their best in the Nigerian colours and I used to believe that.

I believed it so much, I advocated a total overhauling of the team- get in new guys, young blood with heart and mettle. People who are ready to lay it down for the green white green. That should work, right?

Fast forward today, and after watching our dismal outing in Egypt as well as prvious failures in the last U20 world Cup, I've come to the realistic conclusion that the problem with the team is the managers and administrators.

Yes, the National team coaches and their egos/sentiments have ruined us more times than I can remember. Was it Manu Garba in U20, dropping lethal Iheanacho, Simon Moses and Nwakali against Germany, for non-lethal guys? What of Keshi who kept on throwing in Yobo even when he was past his prime? Or Samson Siasia fielding the likes of Aminu Umar and directionless Musa against Egypt in a must-win game, while our best players in KD; Iheanacho, Iwobi and Simon Moses were on the bench? The same Siasia playing Ighalo- someone who can only function with a strike partner as a lone striker? What happened to Fernando Adi? A smart coach builds his team according to the strength(s) of his forward(s), you don't just throw a man into a line-up and hope he can pull a rabbit out his arse in 90 minutes

Some might say, don't blame the coach, but someone is responsible for Leicester topping the EPL with the SAME players they had when they were fighting relegation, and who is that? Did Egypt have better players than us as far as pedigree? Would the right coach have made a difference with the right team selection? By all means yes.

Those advocating for the foreign players, the Jordon Ibes, Delle Allis and Ross Barkley, what are the guarantees they still won't be overlooked by a local coach for some Festus Kingsley from NPFL or U23 when it matters? After all, Iwobi had to wait till 15 minutes to the end of the game to show his mettle despite his strong display in Kaduna. So, I can imagine your coaches would even bench CR7 if he could play for Nigeria. Why?

This is not to absolve the incompetent NFF of course, because they are majorly to blame for our instability. With their gross disregard and disrespect for local coaches and their constant failure to keep to contractual terms, NFF have continually chased away decent local coaches with disastrous results. Even those advocating to retain Siasia, do you think the same fate that met Oliseh and Keshi won't meet him? You think NFF will pay his salary? You think they won't override his decisions to slot in their favourites?

Unfortunately, until we rid the football body of those cancerous elements that have eaten deep into the system, we cannot expect any form of miracle on the pitch or from the same set of rotten coaches. The popular saying comes to play that even if you put make-up on a pig, a pig is still a pig.

As I type this, I have lost any form of hope of us qualifying for any tournament, even if we do, there are no long term solutions to our football woes, because even when it seems like we're making headway, something or someone always combusts. Even the foreign coaches will leave because of NFF and their shady ways.

We have all the talent we need, more talent than the likes of Netherlands, England, Algeria, CIV....we have a golden generation in our hands, boys who have it in them to break the records of Yekini, JJ Okocha, Kanu and Finidi George, but poor management and a corrupt administration will kill those talents every generation we get to.

Article Written By: Safarigirl

CC: Thegoodjoe, TheSupernerd, Icon4s, Daninya11, blueto, confun, bascovanveli, jarus

I have read every comment here thus far and everybody is on point.

Nigeria's football problems go way beyond the ones you pointed out. They jst too numerous. However, I will jst site a few and provide some workable solutions.

The true problems of Nigerian football is deep rooted. On of such spans from the administrative angle. The administrators keep saying we need to rebuild, we need to rebuild. We have been chanting that slogan since after our 1998 World cup exit. But do they have a blue print on how to rebuild the national team? I DOUBT.

I am a professional in my field and I know the number of hours I put into analyses, dissecting of problems and providing solutions on daily basis. Now the question is what do those NFF officials do on day to day basis? Nigeria may nt be involved in any football matches for the next couple of months, so what will those at that glass house be doing during this period? How often do the Technical committee meet?

I was once engaged on an argument with a forumite on the ability of this NFF board to effectively manage the transition of the young players being churned out from our highly successful youths system. My point of view was "with the way football is still run we may never achieve that golden generation". The issue of same chemical reaction with same concentration of chemicals giving same products and issue of whether introducing a different reageant would give a different product comes to mind. I wont mention moniker he knows himself.

I can bet most of you guys here are far better analysts than most guys in the NFF. I have interacted with a good number of them so I know what I am talking about.

The NFF jst like all other institution is currently being affected by cash crunch. Gone were the days when president Sani Abacha would single handedly pay the Super Eagles. Football is nt on the priority list of this present government. So the state of the economy is also having a negative impact on the Super Eagles. THE NFF CAN ONLY AFFORD TO PAY A NIGERIAN COACH FOR NOW. YES. Except they would want to go for one low class "oyinbo" coach from Bosnia or Macedonia.

In my opinion Siasia did a good job in the way he built that team. For a long time we've never had a Super Eagles Team who are so imposing on the game as the crop that played the last two games. As some1 rightly said had Oboabona not fallen to d ground holding his stomach, and had Ikeme thrown the ball out in a safer position Nigeria would have won that game Because Egyptians were nt really posing any major threats at that pt in the game. There reaction showed they had given up and were already thinking of hitting us back in the return game.

My problem with Siasia is majorly the same problem I had with Keshi: CHOICE OF PLAYERS! I need nt say much abt it cos u guys know what happened in the 2 matches.You have all said it all.And I totally agree he goofed in that area. He has started displaying such tendencies too in the U23 Team. We are just watching.
By and large, I still feel he is the best "available option" for us now.

Talking about the transition of young players from the junior teams to the Super Eagles. This is a very critical aspect of our rebuilding process. In fact it is the most important. I suggest the NFF should set up a special committee team that would be mandated to work closely with the Super Eagles coaches. This Team should be different from the NFF technical committee. It could be in a form of 'The NFF Technical study group'. They would study the progress of all Nigerian players both home and abroad born and gradually integrate them from the U20s, U23s and Super Eagles. Which will also include pushing for change in Nationality. Algeria did that and see where they are today.
As someone here rightly said, the transformation into a new Super Eagles Team should be a natural process. The players should grow into the Team. If I am nt mistaking 7/8 prospective U23 members were involved in the Egypt tie. And I would say thumbs up to all of them. And I think they have come to stay in the Super Eagles. I expect the U23 defenders to now fully take over the Super Eagles defense . Younger players who are still U20 should also be gradually integrated as they progress based on merit devoid of sentiments.

I posted a comment yesterday about the 'New Era' of Nigerian football.
That New Era is here and this is good news I will say.
But whether this would be a Golden Generation? It is left with the NFF.

5 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:53am On Mar 30, 2016
safarigirl:
african Guardiola also played just two games. Maybe if he had stayed, he wouldn't have lost to Egypt.

I'm not being harsh. The SE lost under Siasia, not under the Guardiola of wherever, if I were to apportion blames, Siasia would take 70% to Oliseh's 30%...after all, Siasia had his pick, it was not Oliseh's team he used, was it?

His team, his captain, his line-up, his mess. It was NFF that chased African Guardiola, same way they'll still chase away Siasia even before the end of the year and we'll come back to make these same threads and trade blames.

Yes, I would not collect pay for a SE job. Who am I feeding? Just give me flight money for games and accommodation, I'm good. Not everything must involve pay.

It is not a full time job, is it?

Our qualifiers problem started when Coach Oliseh could not win Tanzania. Coach Siasia's approach in the last game was wrong but the players played with better purpose and drive.

3 Likes

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Icon4s(m): 12:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Our qualifiers problem started when Coach Oliseh could not win Tanzania. Coach Siasia's approach in the last game was wrong but the players played with better purpose and drive.

Yeah. Right bro.

1 Like

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18pm On Mar 30, 2016

[size=13pt]The Success Of Spain: A Lesson For Every Football Nation[/size]

The seniors showed how to do it! And now the juniors showed that even they can do it. Next what? Even the Spanish U5 might win their respective football tournament in the very same way. It’s that time to say that Brazil is no more the most feared football country in the world. It’s time for Spain to take the throne. The victory of Spain U-21 in the European championships recently has further substantiated the claim of the kings of world football. But how has Spain managed this unprecedented success, this unbelievable consistency that every country wants to emulate the Spanish success model?

The Process of Winning

Rome was not built in a day nor was Spain’s WC triumph or its major episodes of glory. It had been planned meticulously and every single detail was given great attention.

https://www.nairaland.com/3019225/success-spain-lesson-every-football#44246494

This is one of my favorite reads of football development. When you read this, you will understand the importance of good Football administration. You will notice why Politicians with no deep love for Football have no business running the game.

You will also get why the blame should not always fall on the shoulders of coaches.

1 Like

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Integrityfarms(m): 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Aptly written! But the Nigerian factor sums it all
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by otokx(m): 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
The spirit of the Nigerian team is a reflection of the mentality and culture of present day Nigeria and Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by DeRay98(m): 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Our problem is with the administration not coaches. If we fix the administration, the others will fall into place. [img][/img]
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by witorwitoutyou(m): 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
Forget administration,we all knw dey(Nff) are not doin anytin concerning d development of football,BUT...let us look at d players oursef,ki lan so..its all about 11players,forget nff,if does guys re ready to play and qualify,we will
I don't want to biliv dt lack of incentive or unseriiousness is affecting a professional player from europe...Ah ah kini,shey we knw play ball b4 ni,back den at hood,we were ready to spill blood on d pitch just for 50Naira 1st prize in football competition,d zeal is no longer dere in our team ni joor,take a luk at 94 set,dey played with make shift jerseys by cutting deir jurgers into short.u can't compare d level of patriotism to what is obtainable now,
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by witorwitoutyou(m): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
Dt's y our under 17-23 will keep excelling because dey re not yet expose to money,dey want to make name,forget NFF,look at out players demselves,are dey ready to play for d country?
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Mistermamus(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
Aboki be our problem every sector dem dey na problem
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Nobody: 2:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Olodos analyzing soccer. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rivers United (Nigeria) Beat Bloemfontein Celtic (South Africa) 5-0 On Aggregate / "We Would Have Don Very Well In Equatorial Guinea" - Keshi / Eguavoen Craves For Moses Return To Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.