Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 AM

The True Problem With The National Team - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The True Problem With The National Team (13658 Views)

Sardar Azmoun Quits Iran National Team Due To Insults After World Cup Exit / Alex Iwobi: "I Can’t Sing The National Anthem Of Nigeria" / Nigerian Players Who Have Never Played For The National Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Goke7: 10:19am On Mar 31, 2016
safarigirl:
when has Siasia ever won? Failed twice and you still rate him. So that he'll fully be instated and fail fully, then you'll come here and forget your allegiance in a long epistle.

Been there done that, refuse to go down that lane with naija coaches again. Ain't rooting for none of em

So how does changing our coaches regularly solves our problem, I was a die hard fan of keshi if you remember me well way back in his forum, I maintained we let keshi be for stability in our national team but most Nigerians felt keshi was no good despite churning out some good results, we booted keshi out and brought in Oliseh thinking we were in eldorado and suddenly Oliseh ran away citing all sorts of reasons. So what make you think we bring in another coach even if he is foreign, will he stay and cope with the issues that Oliseh complained about? or you think a white coach can stay without salary according to your own opinion?

Can't we just have some stability in our national team for christs sake? its affecting our players psychologically, this is my point

1 Like

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by AikayDaWrapper(m): 2:23pm On Mar 31, 2016
jotey:
alli and Barkley are they not Nigerians?
No they are not Nigerians. Nigeria should focus on building their own talents and not going to poach people from other countries

The English trained alli and Barkley right from when they were teenagers and that has made them the footballers they are today

So yes they are not Nigerians.
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by AikayDaWrapper(m): 2:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
safarigirl:
we have better upcoming talent. I'm talking of guys that will be playing when Butland and Hart have retired. Cahill and co don't even fall under that list.

I maintain, we have better talent than England, quote me wherever
Butland still has more than ten years at the top.
Stones and Smalling are far better than any defenders we have now or upcoming.
Don't even mention midfield because that is a barren land for us.
Kane, Sterling, sturridge are still young and have many years ahead.
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Kgdavid(m): 2:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

No they are not Nigerians. Nigeria should focus on building their own talents and not going to poach people from other countries

The English trained alli and Barkley right from when they were teenagers and that has made them the footballers they are today

Sorry, i just want to ask... when you say Barkley, are you guys referring to Ross Barkley of Everton?
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by chrisooblog: 2:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
we all watched brazil 2014 we saw how barkley performed God willing we will all be alive to watch alli put in the usual english performance in tournaments in a couple of months time. if you going to dump your own country at least choose a better national team to support
AikayDaWrapper:

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by AikayDaWrapper(m): 2:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
Kgdavid:

Sorry, i just want to ask... when you say Barkley, are you guys referring to Ross Barkley of Everton?
Yes. He is eligible for Nigeria because his great grand father is Nigerian
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by AikayDaWrapper(m): 2:52pm On Mar 31, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Forget the EPL.... England's true worth will be seen at the Euros in France.

And yes, we have more and better talents than England. The gap Is too wide sef..... If not, why do they poach away our players? Why do they drag Nigerian players with Nigeria? England more talented?? Taaa!!!! That's a huge fallacy.

Please they didn't poach our players. They trained those players right from when they were children and spent their time, money and energy to develop them.

Don't try and reap where you didn't sow.

we have a lot of talented young boys playing football on the streets. We should build academies and train these boys to build our own team. Ihenacho is a very good example. We're even lucky Iwobi decided to represent us and not England and I'm sure that happened because his uncle is a Nigerian football legend.
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by safarigirl(f): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

I meant forwards. Sterling is overrated, Sturridge is unstable.

Our midfield still has Iwobi, if not for poor administration, we have enough midfield maestros better than whatever England has. No be EPL dey help their players?

Like I said, poor administration is our bane, not a lack of players. If not, why will players like Troost-Ekong and Musa Muhammed not get invites?

Forget EPL, we have better players. Let me not even tackle the Butland y'all yapping about because our GK area is the most reliable at any time
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by Kgdavid(m): 5:07pm On Mar 31, 2016
AikayDaWrapper:

Yes. He is eligible for Nigeria because his great grand father is Nigerian

shocked shocked shocked never knew that but grin grin grin Ross Barkley to play for Nigeria is a pipe dream if there ever was one
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:32am On Apr 01, 2016
As long as they're Nigerians, they are "OURS" period!!!!!

Meanwhile, even without the foreign-bred, we still outshine England in super talents 100-1.... #fact

And stop sounding like Nigeria is desperately chasing after these foreign-borns with Nigerian blood. If that was the case, we would have Alaba and a host of others by now. We would even have Ehizibue (invited by Dutch U-21), Solanke, Ebuehi, and a few others in by now (they are yet to fully declare their stance). But we're not desperate and not all of them will commit to Nigeria.

Nigeria's greatest of talents have never been foreign-bred or foreign-born...... The first that is likely to leave his mark for years to come is Victor Moses.... Then followed by a few others (Iwobi, Balogun, etc) that we have now and the few that will still commit to Nigeria.

Nigeria don't poach, we wait to see if they commit. Some People in the Sports section even complain bitterly that we don't send out invitations early to these foreign-bred/born lads (that we don't seem to be interested in approaching these foreign lads)......
Reason is simple: We got loads of top talents at home some of whom are plying their trades abroad now (e.g. Chidozie Awaziem, Sadiq Umar, You've already mentioned Iheanacho..... Plus many other top "Full-blooded" Nigerian talents).

Also, even if we "fully wanted" to, we can't get many of them. Many of them have already made their choice also so why bother?

So you see, It's England who does the panicking and subtle poaching. That's how they capped Agbonlahor and dumped him afterwards (well, it's also down to the player.... He just didn't improve).

So England's still talented than Nigeria?? Abeg, that statement can't be backed up even on saturn.

AikayDaWrapper:

Please they didn't poach our players. They trained those players right from when they were children and spent their time, money and energy to develop them.

Don't try and reap where you didn't sow.

we have a lot of talented young boys playing football on the streets. We should build academies and train these boys to build our own team. Ihenacho is a very good example. We're even lucky Iwobi decided to represent us and not England and I'm sure that happened because his uncle is a Nigerian football legend.
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:01am On Apr 01, 2016
Butland?? Because he dey EPL??

We got Emmanuel Daniel of Enugu Rangers and No.1 choice for Nigeria's U-23. He single-handedly kept out Andreas Perreira of Man Utd (EPL), Felipe Anderson of SS Lazio (Serie A), Gabriel Jesus (Palmeiras, Brazil), Malcolm (hailed as the next Big star of Brazillian football), And others in the March 24 international Grade A friendly in Brazil. Nigeria won 1-0.

We also got Dele Alampasu of SD Feirense of Portugal. Golden Gloves winner Fifa U-17 World Cup 2013.

I no fit shout!!!

They got Hart?? Well, if not for retirement, we got Enyeama!!!!

Even our current no.1, Carl Ikeme was once rated England's Best goalkeeper outside the EPL as recently as 2013-2014 before the hype cooled because he chose Nigeria.

He was also rated as one of the very best goalies inclusive of EPL Gks in the whole of England around 2008-2011/12.

So what is that Mister talking about??

**drops pen for now**

safarigirl:
I meant forwards. Sterling is overrated, Sturridge is unstable.

Our midfield still has Iwobi, if not for poor administration, we have enough midfield maestros better than whatever England has. No be EPL dey help their players?

Like I said, poor administration is our bane, not a lack of players. If not, why will players like Troost-Ekong and Musa Muhammed not get invites?

Forget EPL, we have better players. Let me not even tackle the Butland y'all yapping about because our GK area is the most reliable at any time
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:12am On Apr 01, 2016
****Post Retracted: Was a double of that below****
Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:15am On Apr 01, 2016
**I Dropped my pen(fingers) but lemme ask these**

In defence.... #smiles

Ever heard of Chidozie Awaziem and Wilfred Ndidi? *kindly check them out-- one of them has a 30-miliion Euros release clause and is just 19.... The other is a super regular as a DMF even though he's also a natural CentreBack*
(I won't even mention Balogun and Omeruo so as to show you we're really stocked up).

In midfield.... #BigSmiles

Ever heard of Kelechi Nwakali (of course you should know him), Azubuike Okechukwu and Usman Mohammed?

(Won't even call Mikel who's far bigger than all England's midfielders put together.... Neither will I call Iwobi or Onazi)

In Attack?? You kidding me? Na explosion be this naa... #BiggerSmiles

**Listing just our top-quality talents (not mediocres) in this department (established and up-coming) is a thing of Joy** No questions asked here.... You can check it out yourself.

#smiles

Note: We have the top-quality talents but need a "top technical head/manager/coach" and his assitants to make a super team outta them all.

Happy April 1st. #smiles

AikayDaWrapper:

Re: The True Problem With The National Team by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:48am On Apr 01, 2016
#smiles

Apology accepted Sir. #BigSmiles

Thanks and Godbless.

Awwn.... Edmundo.... **smiles.... He and Romario were supposed to be a "long-lasting" attack of dreams deadlier than the MSN and BBC we have today**

Ahh well... Such is life sometimes when certain choices are made.

Happy April 1st.... Happy New Month Sir. Bye for now.

jayriginal:

Congratulations on your birthday.

Yes, criticism is allowed as long as its fair and constructive. Even World Cup winning teams are criticised. After a while of tiki taka some people started calling Barcas play boring.

Now Edmundo is relevant because he was a terrific player and even with all that Brazilian talent, he merited a spot in the squad. However he wasn't even selected because of his erratic behavior. The coach was vilified but ended up winning the World Cup. Who knows what they might have said if they didn't win.

You're a manager and you have a star player who is always flouting camp rules. How do you discipline him? You could fine him, but he could continue perhaps he might not even pay. Meanwhile he is affecting team morale as other players feel they can follow suit or start grumbling about preferential treatment. How do you handle the situation?
Mourinho was able to handle just about every player he ran into until he met Super Mario. In my opinion Wenger doesn't handle his players properly and that's why Arsenal is the way they are.

Moyes was advised to leave Fergie back room staff in place but he preferred to bring in his own. My friend thinks that's a mistake and maybe it was but I think otherwise. He wanted to be his own man and he took a decision. That's what this is about, taking decisions.

Then back to the talent thing, seriously my last question refers.

All said and done, you're quite mature for your age and I commend you for keeping the discussion civil. Perhaps I might have been harsh earlier, even to the lady and I apologize for that. It's certainly not my intention to offend either of you, just to get my points across.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CAF, NFF, United Celebrate Ighalo At 31 / PSG Vs Man Utd: Pogba Could Win Ballon D'or - Herrera / With Two Games, Two Wins, Falconets Advance To Quarter-Finals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.