Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,305 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 AM

Hubert Ogunde Yoruba Ro'nu Yoruba & English Lyrics - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hubert Ogunde Yoruba Ro'nu Yoruba & English Lyrics (2478 Views)

Hubert Ogunde Man Of The Theatre - BBC TV 1983 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hubert Ogunde Yoruba Ro'nu Yoruba & English Lyrics by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 30, 2016
Mo wo Ile Aye o, aye sa malamala; Mo ma b’oju w’orun okunkun losu bo’le; Mo ni eri eyi o, kini sele si Yoruba omo Alade, kini sele si Yoruba omo Odua; Ye, ye, ye, yeye, ye awa mase hun, oro nla nbe; Yoruba nse r’awon nitori Owó, Yoruba jin r’awon l’ese nitori ipò; Won gbebi f’alare, won gba’re f’elebi; Won pe olè ko wa ja, won tun pe oloko wa mu; Ogbon ti won gbon lo gbe won de Ilé Olà, ogbon na lo tun padawa si tunde won mole; Awon ti won ti n s’Oga lojo to ti pe, tun pada wa d’eni a n f’owo ti s’eyin. Yo, yo, yo, Yoruba yo yo yo bi ina ale; Yoruba ru ru ru bi Omi Òkun; Yoruba baba nse…Yo yo Yoruba ronu o!

Yoruba so’ra won di boolu f’araye gba; To n ba gba won soke, won a tun gba’won s’isale o; Eya ti o ti kere te le ni won ge kuru; Awon ti ale f’ejo sun, ti di eni ati jo; Yoruba joko sile regede, won fi owo l’owo; Bi Agutan ti Abore n bo orisa re o! Yo yo Yoruba r’onu o!

Ori ki ma i buru titi, ko bu ogun odun; Leyin okunkun biribiri, Imole a tan; Ejeka pe Olodumare, ka pe Oba lu Aye; k’ayewa le dun ni igbehin, igbein lalayo; Ile mo pe o, Ile dakun gbawa o, Ile o; Ile ogere, a f’okó yeri…ile! Alapo Ìkà, o te rere ka ibi…ile! Ogba ragada bi eni yeye mi omo adaru pale Oge…Ile, dakun gba wa o…Ile! Ibi ti n pa Ika l’enu mo…ile! Aate i ka, o ko ti a pe Ile…Ile! Ogbamu, gbamu oju Eledumare ko mase gbamu lowo aye…Ile…dakungba wa o…Ile

Ehen, ehen awa gbe ori ile yi pe o; Eni ba dale, a ba ile lo…peregede o…ehen ehen awa gbe ori ile yi pe o; Oduduwa bawa tun ile yi se o…to’wo, t’omo o…ehen…awa gbe ori ile yi pe o; Oduduwa da wa l’are o, kaa si maa r’ere je o…ehen awa gbe ori ile yi pe o! yo yo yo Yoruba ronu o!

English Translation!

I look down upon the Earth and it looks faded and jaded; I look up to the skies and see darkness descending; Oh! What a great pity! What has become of the Yoruba? What has befallen the children Odua? Hey, hey hey hey, hey hey… We appear helpless and the situation ominous; The Yoruba inflict rain on themselves for the sake of wealth; The Yoruba under-mine one another in pursuit of position;

They induce thieves to invade a farm and invite the farmers to apprehend them; The same cleverness that was responsible for their past successes; Has now turned out to be their albatross; Impactful leaders of the past have now been rendered irrelevant;

Yo, yo, yo Yoruba yo, yo, bright as light on a dark night; Yoruba ru, ru, ru as the rumblings of the Sea; Yoruba baba deserves to be baba; Yo, yo, yo. Yoruba reflect.

The Yoruba have turned themselves into a football for the world to kick about; They are lobbed up into the sky and trapped down to the Earth; A region that was already small, has its size further reduced; And those through whom we could have sought redress; Have been rendered men of yester years; Yet the yoruba sits down helpless, like a sacrificial lamb; Yo, yo, yo, Yoruba reflect;

But misfortune, I say, does not last for a lifetime; For after darkness comes light; So let us cry unto Edumare, the makers of heaven and earth to grant us recovery; For he who last, laughs best; Oh mother earth! I call upon you; Mother earth, oh! Mother earth; Please come to our aid, mother earth; Slippery earth, whose head is shaved with a hard worker’s Hoe;

Whose wicked container spread out to contain evil; Flung out as is mat, in the manner of my mother scion of those who spread ash to heal the earth; Mother earth please come to our aid, mother earth! Fame that confounds the wicked…mother earth please come to our aid, mother earth; Spread out and cannot be folded…mother earth please come to our aid, mother earth! The sheer expanse of Edumare’s view cannot be contained within human arms…oh mother earth, come to our aid!

Yes, yes, yes, yes, so we may live long on this earth; Those who renege on oath will pay the price, yes yes yes, so we may live long; Oduduwa, please aid us to replenish the earth for our success and fecundity…yes, yes, so we may live long on this earth; Oduduwa vindicate us so that we can succeed; yes, yes, yes, so we may live long on this earth. Yo, yo, yo, Yoruba reflect!

Source: https://drbiggie./2013/11/02/yoruba-ronu-yoruba-and-english-lyrics-chief-hubert-ogunde/comment-page-1/?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C8568551476

1 Like

Re: Hubert Ogunde Yoruba Ro'nu Yoruba & English Lyrics by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 30, 2016
priceless
Re: Hubert Ogunde Yoruba Ro'nu Yoruba & English Lyrics by simplejayy(m): 10:02am On Mar 30, 2016
proudly Yoruba

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin: (oba Ewuare II) Biography And Age / Why Itsekiris Are Not Yorubas But Binis / PHOTO: Native Woman Goes Shopping Braless And Leaves Customers Shocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.