Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,024 members, 7,807,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:38 AM

Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? (3216 Views)

"Where Is Your Mother?": Nigerian Mom Asks White Lady In Bikini On The Street / How Long Do You Use Towel Before Discarding It? / Lion Tries To Kill Baby On Live Tv But Mother Just Laughs(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 10:01am On Mar 30, 2016
Sh*t happens, let's assume you woke up in the morning, went to the bathroom to brush your teeth only to find out your toothbrush is wet, you inquired about the person who tampered with it and you find out it was your mother who mistakened it for her brush and she apologises...
What would you do?

Don't forget to check my signature wink
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by emeraldknytt(m): 10:12am On Mar 30, 2016
it is going down to the sewers ugh!
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by LouisBERG: 10:13am On Mar 30, 2016
She sat and watched my infact head when sleeping on a cradle bed, she sucked my catarrh with her mouth, she carried me on her back with wrappers, she fed me, she sang sweet melodies when i do cry. She guilded and protected me from sustaining injuries. Oh my!! Mama u'r d best. any person who won't use the brush is not proud of his/her mother.
#caLLmeBERG

9 Likes

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 10:15am On Mar 30, 2016
emeraldknytt:
it is going down to the sewers ugh!

Lol.. But you'd suck your boo's saliva without thinking twice wink

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by emeraldknytt(m): 10:22am On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

yep, that is sensational... Nuthin' compared to the thought of phlegm, smut and stickiness... Eeeeeew! I'm gotta go puke right now
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 10:26am On Mar 30, 2016
emeraldknytt:
yep, that is sensational... Nuthin' compared to the thought of phlegm, smut and stickiness... Eeeeeew! I'm gotta go puke right now

am eating nah

1 Like

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 10:30am On Mar 30, 2016
LouisBERG:
She sat and watched my infact head when sleeping on a cradle bed, she sucked my catarrh with her mouth, she carried me on her back with wrappers, she fed me, she sang sweet melodies when i do cry. She guilded and protected me from sustaining injuries. Oh my!! Mama u'r d best. any person who won't use the brush is not proud of his/her mother.
#caLLmeBERG

i Agree with you bruh smiley

1 Like

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
No, I couldn't share a toothbrush with anyone. That's pretty disgusting and extremely unhygienic. Gross.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by RiloKiley: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
LouisBERG:
#caLLmeBERG

Rolls eyes.
Anyway, I can rinse and re-use. And will quickly go out and buy another toothbrush for her.
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by aforti(m): 1:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
You put your mouth in the vagina is a total stranger called girlfriend.. In the name of sex.. You don't wash your mouth with bleach afterwards.. You come here to ask foolish questions of how you feel your mothers mouth is disqusting ?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

Very different from using a brush to probe between your teeth and gums, removing plaque and dislodging tartar. Gums sometimes bleed during brushing, sometimes as a result of the bristles being too hard, or as a result of gum disease.

And you want to share this? It's irresponsible to share a toothbrush under ANY circumstance. Our mouths are full of germs which for the most part are benign, and not harmful to ourselves. Sharing them however, is a different scenario.

Germs are NOT to be shared, as you could end up creating strains that sre resistant to antibiotics, making them harder to treat. This is one of the reasons a couple who are both HIV+ still need to protect themselves during intercourse.

Out of interest, what's your take on sharing a toothbrush?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
aforti:
You put your mouth in the vagina is a total stranger called girlfriend.. In the name of sex.. You don't wash your mouth with bleach afterwards.. You come here to ask foolish questions of how you feel your mothers mouth is disqusting ?

It wouldn't hurt you you be civil.

As per the question, it's not a foolish question, it's pretty valid, and worth debating.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 4:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
Siena:

Very different from using a brush to probe between your teeth and gums, removing plaque and dislodging tartar. Gums sometimes bleed during brushing, sometimes as a result of the bristles being too hard, or as a result of gum disease.

And you want to share this? It's irresponsible to share a toothbrush under ANY circumstance. Our mouths are full of germs which for the most part are benign, and not harmful to ourselves. Sharing them however, is a different scenario.

Germs are NOT to be shared, as you could end up creating strains that sre resistant to antibiotics, making them harder to treat. This is one of the reasons a couple who are both HIV+ still need to protect themselves during intercourse.

Out of interest, what's your take on sharing a toothbrush?

Soak the brush in hot water with salt and use it
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 4:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
RiloKiley:

Rolls eyes.
Anyway, I can rinse and re-use. And will quickly go out and buy another toothbrush for her.

I Agree
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

Soak the brush in hot water with salt and use it

Your statement means you're aware it's NOT appropriate to share a toothbrush with anyone.

As for soaking a toothbrush in a hot saline solution, I don't think a new replacement toothbrush is that expensive, even in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
Siena:

Your statement means you're aware it's NOT appropriate to share a toothbrush with anyone.

As for soaking a toothbrush in a hot saline solution, I don't think a new replacement toothbrush is that expensive, even in Nigeria.

ok.. To be sincere with you it really happened to me and i rinsed the brush with water only and used it but i'd prefer soaking in saline
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

ok.. To be sincere with you it really happened to me and i rinsed the brush with water only and used it but i'd prefer soaking in saline

No worries. Personally, I would toss that brush out with the trash, but that's me. If you're happy to use a toothbrush that has been used by someone else, that's good for you.

I wish you good health.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
Siena:

No worries. Personally, I would toss that brush out with the trash, but that's me. If you're happy to use a toothbrush that has been used by someone else, that's good for you.

I wish you good health.
walahi, I love the way you address issues.
#respect smiley
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
Siena:

I wish you good health.

it's not like am really happy with my toothbrush being used by someone else but i hope you understand what mother means
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Beremx(f): 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
if she uses the brush just once probably because she couldn't find hers, i will continue using the brush after soaking it with warm water and salt. Using it continuously with me, mbanu! I go kukuma dash am the brush.
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by crackhaus: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

it's not like am really happy with my toothbrush being used by someone else but i hope you understand what mother means
But is toothbrush expensive?
Why do I have to prove I love and adore someone by sharing a toothbrush with them?

I understand the logic and comparison with kissing or cunnilingus but come on, there's a bump to this kind of logic...

Are you also going to start kissing your mom in the mouth on account of your love and adoration for her?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

I don't understand what the highlighted portion of your statement means, and I wonder why you posted it. A mother gave birth to me, I also have 3 children of my own.

I never had to prove to my mother what she meant to me, by sharing a toothbrush with her, and she would NEVER have dreamt of using my toothbrush. If she used it by accident, she would toss it out, simple.

I would not also expect my children to prove what I mean to them, by using their toothbrushes after I'd accidentally used them myself. It's not hygienic. Ask your dentist if it's a good idea, and see what he or she says.

As I stated previously, if it works for you, that's great, I'm pleased for you. However, asking me if I know what mother means makes no sense, and has no bearing on my choice NOT to share a toothbrush with ANYONE. With me, it's a hygiene thing, simple.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
crackhaus:

But is toothbrush expensive?
Why do I have to prove I love and adore someone by sharing a toothbrush with them?

I understand the logic and comparison with kissing or cunnilingus but come on, there's a bump to this kind of logic...

Are you also going to start kissing your mom in the mouth on account of your love and adoration for her?

Misinterpretation while trying give an explanation
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
Siena:

I don't understand what the highlighted portion of your statement means, and I wonder why you posted it. A mother gave birth to me, I also have 3 children of my own.

I never had to prove to my mother what she meant to me, by sharing a toothbrush with her, and she would NEVER have dreamt of using my toothbrush. If she used it by accident, she would toss it out, simple.

I would not also expect my children to prove what I mean to them, by using their toothbrushes after I'd accidentally used them myself. It's not hygienic. Ask your dentist if it's a good idea, and see what he or she says.

As I stated previously, if it works for you, that's great, I'm pleased for you. However, asking me if I know what mother means makes no sense, and has no bearing on my choice NOT to share a toothbrush with ANYONE. With me, it's a hygiene thing, simple.

very Good
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by crackhaus: 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

Misinterpretation while trying give an explanation
Nah not really, you only just lost me when I threw your logic back at you.

If sharing a toothbrush with your mom means nothing but a way to prove love, then kissing her in the mouth the way you kiss your girl should mean same.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Marvel1206: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2016
crackhaus:

Nah not really, you only just lost me when I threw your logic back at you.

If sharing a toothbrush with your mom means nothing but a way to prove love, then kissing her in the mouth the way you kiss your girl should mean same.

Ok bro, you're entitled to you own opinion
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by byvan03: 7:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
I will simply wash with my toothpaste and continue with my brushing undecided.

1 Like

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by kuverah(f): 7:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
I used her brush when i was younger even though i have mine but she did'nt throw it is it now dat i have all grown up dat she wil disgust me? I wil use it over n over again. Besides she is neat.
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by aforti(m): 8:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
Siena:

As per the question, it's not a foolish question, it's pretty valid, and worth debating.

I don't see anything uncivil about what I said.. This is a forum for mature people. You explained about that cleaning your mouth with a bruise used by someone is more gross than putting your mouth in a vagina? Are you kidding me? Please house many infectious bacteria are found in the mouth and how many are in the vagina? Do your research and you would know. My dear it is extremely extremely extremely unhygenic to put your mouth in the vagina of a woman, that both urine, and and so many unknown st.. Bacteria are living in than using a brush already used by someone' not just someone your Mother. So if you use to guve your GF colinengous then nothing is wrong in using the bruise your Mother used and rainsed afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by aforti(m): 8:17pm On Mar 30, 2016
Siena:

I don't see anything uncivil about what I said.. This is a forum for mature people. You explained about that cleaning your mouth with a bruise used by someone is more gross than putting your mouth in a vagina? Are you kidding me? Please house many infectious bacteria are found in the mouth and how many are in the vagina? Do your research and you would know. My dear it is extremely extremely extremely unhygenic to put your mouth in the vagina of a woman, that both urine, and and so many unknown st.. Bacteria are living in than using a brush already used by someone' not just someone your Mother. So if you use to guve your GF mouth action then nothing is wrong in using the bruise your Mother used and rainsed afterwards.
Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 30, 2016
aforti:

I don't see anything uncivil about what I said.. This is a forum for mature people. You explained about that cleaning your mouth with a bruise used by someone is more gross than putting your mouth in a vagina? Are you kidding me? Please house many infectious bacteria are found in the mouth and how many are in the vagina? Do your research and you would know. My dear it is extremely extremely extremely unhygenic to put your mouth in the vagina of a woman, that both urine, and and so many unknown st.. Bacteria are living in than using a brush already used by someone' not just someone your Mother. So if you use to guve your GF colinengous then nothing is wrong in using the bruise your Mother used and rainsed afterwards.

You're comparing a mouth with a vagina. Besides, not every guy is a rug-muncher, myself included. Still, it's your choice. I see it as a disgusting practice. It's like sharing underwear, or needles. I don't know of any dentist who would encourage the sharing of a toothbrush.

As for research, some things I WILL research, some things the answers are obvious. I think YOU need to do some reading on the subject. Here are some links to start things off:

http://www.newvision.co.ug/new_vision/news/1323239/sharing-toothbrush-life-risk

http://oxyfresh.com/research/what-not-to-do-with-your-tooth-brush.asp

An extract:

No matter how close you are with your husband, boyfriend, or friend, never share your toothbrush. You can easily transfer germs and illnesses such as common cold, flu, or hepatitis through sharing. When storing several toothbrushes in one holder, make sure that the bristles are not touching each other to prevent the easy spreading of bacteria.

http://www.freysmiles.com/blog/view/is-it-ok-to-share-toothbrushes

Think of oral thrush, Hepatitis B/C. You're simply increasing the odds, which I find hard to comprehend. It's not like toothbrushes (which should be replaced every 3 months anyway) are expensive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Use A Toothbrush Your Mother Just Used? by crackhaus: 8:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
Marvel1206:

Ok bro, you're entitled to you own opinion
I know bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

She's 33, I'm 33. / My Wife Has To Pack Out Of The House If She ..... (photo) / Woman Claims She Delivered 7 Children In 1 Year, Says More Com Miracle Or Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.