Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,284 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? (2299 Views)

Please Help!!!! What Happened To His Laptop? / Windows Vista Ready Boost - What Happened To It? / Whatever Happened To Monte Davidoff ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2009
Hi all,

I used to be on Nairaland but forgot my username and password so have had to re-register - doh! 

Ok, so I was wondering,  what happened to the Abuja Technology Village project?  There doesn't seem to be all that much said about it anymore,  However, that said, Im not on ground in naija so may be missing out on the updates.

I work in IT so was keeping a close eye on the development from a far to keep tabs on any employment opportunities.  The official website  www.atvng.org no longer seems to work,  and there's little about it on the net these days.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks!
Re: What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by AussieBoy(m): 7:46am On Aug 13, 2009
I have had my eye on this too.
It would be nice if someone can shed some light on why there has been no further development on the site or the project.
Gotta get home sometime!!

1 Like

Re: What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by DisGuy: 10:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
nada!!
Re: What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by vycee01: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
Has anyone heard from them regarding their ongoing recruitment process?
Re: What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by Tomiccell: 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2014
vycee01:
Has anyone heard from them regarding their ongoing recruitment process?

I think they are done with the recruitment process. I have a friend that attended an interview for a Marketing & Business Dev. position.
He is 2 weeks on the new job already.
Re: What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by onegig(m): 10:07am On Nov 28, 2014
Another project that entered voice mail.

In developed places you site projects in areas based on their economic viability not wishful thinking and half thoughts. I wish the project succeeds but In all honesty it would be a feat to pull off.
Re: What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by persius555(m): 1:29pm On Nov 29, 2014
Just like every ICT initiative ever enmarked by the FG, its intent is to use it as a financial conduit to siphone billions of public money. I bet you, the major global players in ICT are not involved. Its just another hoax.
Re: What Happened To The Abuja Technology Village: ?!?!? by IronFist(m): 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2015
It appears the village's URL has been moved to http://abujatechnologyvillage.com/

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is Psp In Nigeria? / How Much Is A New HP 250 Laptop Screen? / Dell 7450//corei5//500gb//4gb//keyboard Lit//very Clean//pod

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.