Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Transport And Haulage Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transport And Haulage Business (106733 Views)

Partnership In Transport And Haulage Business / Transport And Haulage Under Nnpc Retail. / Servicing The Transport And Haulage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by toneroilo: 11:09pm On May 25, 2010
i hav ur number now,but truck tonnage,the highest is 25tonnes de yellow bucket,
i will be in touch soonest
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by omolayo1(m): 8:41pm On May 28, 2010
There is business opportunity at dangote cement factory at obajana in kogi state. any interested person should let us discuss about it. is all about truck that has capacity of nothing less than 30 tons at the back with half cabin,i have all it's take to make it happen there. i have one there already but i need more to stay there and be in business fully there. good road and good weather there. just call and i will tell you all you need to know. 08059239292 or email me at authoriseauthor@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by toneroilo: 10:54pm On May 28, 2010
am ok wit proposal,
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by bayfam(m): 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
I need trucks to lift goods,within and outside lagos very urgent call this No's 07031263050 0r 08059427366.we can negotiate when u call me thanks
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Kol: 2:49pm On Jun 01, 2010
I will call you sometime. I have a self loader. DAF truck crane for sale. Are you interested in buying outright or leasing?
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by bayfam(m): 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2010
Still in need of trucks for urgent use to lift goods,outside lagos, with body will be preferable or flat very urgent call this No's 07031263050 0r 08059427366. #150,000per trip work start immediately.

NB: If u call and u said ur manager will call me,am still expecting is call, no delay, My friend am not sure of buying now,what about the pics,is it tokunbo or fairly use
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by psr3000abl: 7:29pm On Jun 02, 2010
Good job
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Kol: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2010
bayfarm I called a lot of times but you wouldn't answer. see attached the truck crane. This is in Port Harcourt at the moment.

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by MADAFA: 3:03am On Jun 03, 2010
bayfam:

Still in need of trucks for urgent use to lift goods,outside lagos, with body will be preferable or flat very urgent call this No's 07031263050 0r 08059427366. #150,000per trip work start immediately.

NB: If u call and u said your manager will call me,am still expecting is call, no delay, My friend am not sure of buying now,what about the pics,is it tokunbo or fairly use

I have a six tyre M.A.N V.W truck with body and doing nothing at the moment but what do you want to transport and to where because the plan was to stay within Lagos only but can consider you if it's favourable. You will inspect the truck as soon as we both agree.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by odejayi200(m): 1:18pm On Jun 03, 2010
i am into oil and gas and i can confidently tell u that u can make good money such as u mention,my company has just been lincense to transport NNPC oil to filling stations and we can accomodate trucks on lease.if u r interested u can call me 4 more info.
lanre-08055051674
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by dejia(m): 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2010
URGENT SALE!!

MODEL: 85 CF 430  HEAD

YEAR: 1998/1999

FLAT BED: AIR AND SPRING SUSPENSION

CAN CARRY TWO 20FEET CONTAINERS OR 1 40FEET CONTAINER

16 BRAND NEW TYRES

ENGINE: PERFECT CONDITION

REGISTERED IN NIGERIA

USED FOR 6MONTHS IN LAGOS

PRICE : 3MILLION ( NEGOTIABLE)

REASON FOR SELLING: OWNER, RELOCATED, NO COMPANY OR NO REALIABLE MANAGER TO MANAGE IT.

more pictures available on request
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by vorosmartm(m): 11:37am On Jun 04, 2010
depilot, you are a pessimist
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by stteddy(m): 12:03am On Jun 07, 2010
my frinends are into that biz, its a good one,
www.grandsuccessbooks.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jun 14, 2010
i just aquired a 30ton man diesel truck attached with 40 foot flatbed,
any idea of a good and lucrative job for it will be highly appreciated.

muyo2001@yahoo.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by jungle700: 2:25pm On Jun 15, 2010
This is a great opportunity not to be missed. We are looking for partners/investors who are willing to invest in Road Haulage Business. Due to continuous business demand, we are looking for investors/partners to provide us with box trucks for movement of dry food stuffs within Lagos and its environs for a monthly return fee.
We have just secured a haulage contract with one of the biggest food manufacturers in Lagos. If you want to get into haulage business, this is a great way to start because of the lower capital involved in this in relation to investing in trailers. This will let you know if haulage business is for you or not and also letting you getting grip with all the nitty-gritty of the business.

Type of Trucks Required: 8 ton box trucks (Pix attached)

No of Trucks Required: At least 10 trucks

Monthly Return: N140,000

Cost of truck: Can be bought for as low as N1.2m

We handle all the drivers, mechanics issues. The monthly return is guaranteed as we are guaranteed a number of jobs by the company per month.

If you are interested or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on:

Enquiries1986@yahoo.com

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by kaynice76: 3:40pm On Jun 15, 2010
Hello,

It is really nice to uncover business ideas and strategies. Take your time and follow the due process before you invest a dime. Every information you gather within and outside the forum will go along way in realizing your dream.

It is well.

1 Like

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jun 17, 2010
We are currently in need of a 40ft flatbed trailer back
if you have one available, we will take it on lease.

contact person: sola
Tel: 07052291005
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by deehemzee: 9:10pm On Jun 21, 2010
Guys, I have 2 Daf 85 480, 2 Mercedes 2540 and 2 45 feet flat back for sale, if you are interested, please contact me on deehemzee@aol.com. You can also view our trucks on www.deehemzee.com Regards Olu
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by deehemzee: 9:47pm On Jun 21, 2010
Here are the details of the trucks for sale.

. 2 Daf CF85 430, year of registration is 2003 Ex DHL truck very clean and highly maintained, Low mileage @ 3m each (negotiable).

. 2 Mercedes Atcross, 2540, year of Registration is 2001, very clean in and out, with low mileage and highly maintained, very powerfull engine, @ 4m each (negotiable). Please contact me through deehemzee@aol.com, visit our website : - www.deehemzee.com.

. 2 very clean 45f flat back, with good tyres @ 950k each.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by aeon(m): 12:32pm On Jun 22, 2010
Stagger

I am into petroleum marketing, so I can talk more authoritatively about tankers. Others who are more versed in haulage of general goods can shed more light on that aspect.

Do you have an email address or a BB where i contact you. i kinda need some info in this. cheers
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by larrybobo1(m): 6:03am On Jun 24, 2010
Hello House,
Regarding the haulage/logistics biz in Nigeria, one can make N300,000 monthly on 30ton truck, if properly managed.

I am an accountant to an haulage company from the inception of the coy till date (2yrs), starting only with 4-trucks, now 30-truck as 30th June, earning over N9,000,000 monthly profit.

For more information , call Temitope on : 08020330350,07040648749
fasilat2007@yahoo.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by GEEOMOTAYO(m): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2010
Every body that has contributed to this topic, God bless u all and to the moderator, more wisdom. It has really opened up oppurtunities for people to make money and be self employed.

I really enjoyed the topic. so in other words, Tippers and petrol tankers will do well,

God bless NAIRALANDFORUM, God bless everyposters,

It won't cost a candle anything to light up another candle,
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by jumi07601: 11:58am On Jun 30, 2010
Deeheezee,

I contacted you via email 5 days ago re: 2 very clean 45f flat back, with good tyres @ 950k each but you have not responded. Arethey still available for sale? If so, pls provide contact details so one can come to view them.

Thanks!
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by delampy(f): 3:43pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hello Fello NL,
I got these offline questions from a fellow NL and the I've answered. I thought it good to share

The first questions are:

1.] How profitable exactly is this business?

It is profitable. It takes just about a year to recoup investment. The remaining 3 years will be profit. I used 3 years because this is the best time to fling a vehicle to avoid high maintenance cost
2.] Is it safe? As in the truck & stocks doing a disappearing act?

It is safe enough especially if put in charge of a proper company and you had done background checks and guarantor for your drivers. There is also the tracker system prevalent now to know where the trucks are at anytime
3.] What type of trucks are the best to start the business considering the Nigerian roads and terrain?

The best to use are the ones that you can find good mechanics for easily in Nigeria and the parts are cheaper to source. I know MAN, BENZ & DAF falls into this category. I see lots of MACK too
4.] What are the unseen risks? You must have been running your business for a while now, please share your experience.
Accidents, missing goods, buying a bad truck, drivers doing PP runs,drivers carrying stolen goods and getting caught,bad mechanics. The list is endless and you see new things everyday.
5.] This business appears to have little barriers to entry other than initial capital to purchase the trucks. Question: can it be considered a long term business or just quick money spinner?

It does have little barrier to entry but only the serious players last long. People get burned all the time and the difference between the successful ones and those that are not is 'Control' and staying strong in spite of challenges
6.] What kind of maintenance do the trucks need per month/quarterly/half-year/yearly? Bearing in mind the capricious nature of the Nigerian mechanics?
Monthly:Servicing,oil change, all others are on a need basis and the frequency of usage. The drivers usually advise the owner when he notices such things. Good mechanics have referrals,so it is important you get one from an experienced haulage person
7.] What about the Nigerian Police & touts issue? How do they add to the overhead?

Ah! drivers usually get road expenses to cover for these set of people and it varies depending on the distance and how bad the area is.East is a notorious area and petrol tankers are more prone to extortion
8.] What kind of returns should one expect realistically from the vevnture? If you can include some figure breakdown.

Oga sir. this is consultancy work o! This depend on the size of your truck and the company contract you are able to source. Like I said average return is 1yr.Best case, divide the price of your truck by 12 months and that should be just about what you make monthly. Worst case by 18 months

9.] How much hand-on does the business needs? The focus here is finding the right individual to operate the business since I doubt owner/driver is the right way.
It is your choice. You can manage and bear all the headaches and you can give to managers to do for you and collect an agreed sum every month. I got burned by the 1st option and have now settled for the latter
10.] If money is no issue, what type of truck would you advice starting with?

Start with a 18-ton truck at least. The bigger the trucks, the better the returns. i stuck with an average size so as to learn properly before committing larger investment.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by femmy2010(m): 8:21pm On Jun 30, 2010
A very interesting thread
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Tosola: 10:54am On Jul 02, 2010
Interested individuals who wants to invest into haulage business can take advantage of this. We are a haulaging company interested in increasing the number of trucks in our fleet so as to service our clients effectively. We require 40ft, 30 tons trailer with the back a box body or container for management at an agreed terms between us and the owner of the truck. The truck must have the following:

Be in good condition
Have an insurance as we will be using our GIT insurance
Must be between the year 1995-2010

Interested individuals can call 08052602989, 08068609571 or send a mail to brand.specs@yahoo.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by songus: 11:43am On Jul 03, 2010
jungle700:

This is a great opportunity not to be missed. We are looking for partners/investors who are willing to invest in Road Haulage Business. Due to continuous business demand, we are looking for investors/partners to provide us with box trucks for movement of dry food stuffs within Lagos and its environs for a monthly return fee.
We have just secured a haulage contract with one of the biggest food manufacturers in Lagos. If you want to get into haulage business, this is a great way to start because of the lower capital involved in this in relation to investing in trailers. This will let you know if haulage business is for you or not and also letting you getting grip with all the nitty-gritty of the business.

Type of Trucks Required: 8 ton box trucks (Pix attached)

No of Trucks Required: At least 10 trucks

Monthly Return: N140,000

Cost of truck: Can be bought for as low as N1.2m

We handle all the drivers, mechanics issues. The monthly return is guaranteed as we are guaranteed a number of jobs by the company per month.

If you are interested or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on:

Enquiries1986@yahoo.com

My firm has two Kodiak Ten Ton Box Trucks currently in Port Harcourt. We are in the market for Long Term leases for them. We are also in the market for more trucks for purchase.
What exactly are you offering and what would be the general terms of contract. I have sent an emai to your box
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Duchess(f): 12:57am On Jul 04, 2010
@jungle 700

Any idea where i can purchase a good 8 ton truck I am very interested in this business. I really want to venture into the business in bits hence my interest in your proposal.

Anyone in the house with an 8 ton truck for sale should please contact me - lilduchess2004@yahoo.co.uk.

Cheers,
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Duchess(f): 12:58am On Jul 04, 2010
@jungle 700

Any idea where i can purchase a good 8 ton truck I am very interested in this business. I really want to venture into the business in bits hence my interest in your proposal.

Anyone in the house with an 8 ton truck for sale should please contact me -  lilduchess2004@yahoo.co.uk.

Cheers,
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by omolayo1(m): 4:06pm On Jul 04, 2010
i need a partner on 12,000 litres tanker (6 tryres) i have gotten one but it needs to be made ready for biz with about N400,000 cash. the partner must know little about the biz and ready to participate to make it work. we are going to be using it for diesel and kerosene within lagos here. call or email me on 08059239292 or authoriseauthor@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by blazzie: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2010
I am considering investing in haulage business (fuel tanker) and i need information on the questions below

1. What truck head and model is considered suitable for this purpose considering Nigerian factor (road, etc)?
2. Is it worth it shipping the truck head from overseas?
3. Since it is meant for fuel haulage, what is the estimate of fabricating the tanker (i know this will depend on the litre capacity,say 30000ltrs) or is it better to go for a used one?

I know this information and much more will be at the fingertips of respectable nairalanders,so kindly advise on subject above.

Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Synergy Thread For Professional Bead And Wireworks Makers / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.