Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,694 members, 7,802,034 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:16 AM

Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) (31831 Views)

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House / An Open Letter To My Co-Tenant By A Nairalander / Oldest Woman In Rivers State Dies At The Age Of 134 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by ijustdey: 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
Mudiaga Affe, Calabar

An unidentified man suspected to be 60 years old has been found dead at St. Patrick College bus stop by Murtala Mohammed Highway in Calabar, Cross River State.

It was learnt that the man, who was said to have been forcefully evicted from his rented apartment by his landlord, died on Sunday after staying at the bus stop for four days.

He had before his death, according to an eyewitness, survived on the goodwill of people who assisted him at the bus stop.

An eyewitness, Moses Akan, told Southern City News on Tuesday that the man had told him on inquiries that he was evicted from his home in the Ikot-Ansa axis of Calabar by his landlord.

He said, “I was passing by this bus stop late last Friday and I saw this old man here. His breathing was smooth. I came again the next day and tried to know about him by asking him what happened and he said his land lord drove him out of his house and brought him here at midnight.

“I asked of his relations and he said one of his sons was staying at 46 Webber Street. I personally traced the address but nobody named Ettekamba, which was the name he told me, was living in the address.

“After then when asked where he stayed before been brought here he mentioned his land lord’s name which I didn’t get well because of how he talked, he said he stayed at Eight Miles, I think off Ikot Omin, opposite Methodist Church.

“He said he would wish to go to the state Housing Estate police station to lay complaints so that they could get the landlord arrested. But by the next day he was found dead.”

Akan said someone had actually gone to Federal Housing Police Station to make a report that somebody was lying ill at the bus stop but the police did not pick interest in the matter.

As at the time of filing this report, the lifeless body of the old man was still at the bus stop.

When contacted, the Executive Secretary of Calabar Urban Development Authority, Mr. Joe-Mary Ekeng-Ita, said the corpse would be evacuated as soon as necessary documentations were done.

He, however, urged local government areas to also take responsibility of evacuating abandoned corpse, saying the task was not that of CUDA alone.

“I just got to know of it, we shall evacuate it very soon. We need to carry out some documentation. But I also urge the council areas in Calabar to take up such responsibility of evacuating corpses, it is not solely our duty alone,” he said.

http://www.punchng.com/evicted-tenant-dies-at-calabar-bus-stop/

3 Shares

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Alexdroh(m): 3:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ok

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
Very sad. RIP pops. sad

3 Likes

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
Wicked landlord

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2016
kaorama:
Wicked landlord

Ummm, not really. Landlords generally evict their tenants if they do NOT pay their rent. A house is an investment, a landlord is NOT a charity. Try imagining paying a mortgage on a house you're not receiving a return on.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by greatnaija01: 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2016
GOD PLEASE MAKE ME WEALTHY..... HELP ME TO HELP THESE KIND OF PEOPLE...... HAAAAAAAA...... KAIIIIIII............................ GODDDDDDD PLEASE.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Ada9103(f): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Chai
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by JoaHynppes(m): 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
[size=14pt]life must have been too difficult for him!...

Rip man!

You gonna live in amansion in heaven embarassed
[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by helphelp: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by moferey: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
hmm... Lord help us all

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
Cross River government sef shocked

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by banme1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ikot ansa of all places.
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by DBossNG(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Pathetic!
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by idupaul: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Life
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by banme1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Keneking:
Cross River government sef shocked
have u been to the state b4?

3 Likes

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by joystickextend1(m): 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Too bad..rip

@ the end of the day both the landlord and tenant will die someday somehow

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by kingstylo01(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
cry too bad..... RIP cry
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by cbnileowo42: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Rip
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Leke001: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
hmmmn!
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by ozi001: 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
And if the Landlord sees or hear of this? So disheartening

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by 2sydoflyf(m): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hard times! God please save the just and helpless.

1 Like

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
what a world....RIP
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by segxes23(m): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
We have to start building old people's home in this country

5 Likes

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by MadCow1: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
kaorama:
Wicked landlord

You no get talk..

Really Sad.. Chances are this Mans house rent for 1 year na Chicken Change for many Nigerians. cry

I really hope Mankind finds salvation quickly because we are fast losing our humanity.

This Man's blood is on the head of every Politician that ever embezzled 1 naira from Government.

10 Likes

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by ineedajobfast: 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
things are happening, you may feel u are going through hell but u are not compared to some.people
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Lilimax(f): 4:58pm On Mar 30, 2016
omg!
I bet you, this man may have grown up children somewhere but they have refused to care of him. cry

This is one reason the government should look into constructing old peoples home in various Local Government of the nation
for retirees and old people whose children have refused to take care of them. embarassed

RIP to the dead.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
RIP to him. We should have home for aged people in this country kwanu.

2 Likes

Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by Neob04(m): 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
Depression
Re: Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) by blazetitov: 5:00pm On Mar 30, 2016
Another citizen failed by the Nation. RIP.

In sane countries, there are old peoples homes run by the state from taxes. But the reverse is the case here. Instead, one lunatic would steal billions then starts buying choice properties in Lagos, Abuja, Dubai etc as if he can sleep in all the houses at the same time. We have issues in this country.

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Love My Girlfriend But My Family Don't Want Us To Marry. / I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Housewife Snatched By LG Boss Dies Mysteriously After Childbirth (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.