Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru (37302 Views)

Here Are Those Destroying Buhari’s Administration, What They’ve Done Will SHOCK / Dangote Plan To Replicate Tinubu Colonisation Of Lagos State / El-rufai’s Religious Bill In Kaduna ‘absolutely Wrong’ – Senator Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 30, 2016

Those presently clamouring against the religious bill proposed by Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State may be in for a long drawn battle as the Governor has revealed that many state governments are ready to toe the same path and have asked for a copy of the bill to replicate in their states.

El-Rufai, who made this disclosure yesterday while interacting with select journalists at the Sir Kashim Ibrahim Government House in Kaduna, said the proposed law was sent to the state House of Assembly since October 15, 2015 and was not a new bill as being speculated.

He explained that: “It was first enacted in 1984 during the term of Air Vice Marshal Usman Mua’zu (retd) after the Maitsine uprising in 1982. The then military junta saw the need to regulate preaching in some states in the North.

“Many states are ready to do similar thing now. They have asked for the copy of our bill. I will not name the states.”

He went on to debunk claims that he walked out on the Vice-President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, when he tried to reach an understanding with him on a particular issue, stressing that that the speculation was the handwork of his political detractors.

El-Rufai, who maintained that he enjoys an excellent relationship with the Vice-President, insisted that there was never a time he walked out on him, adding that the authors of such stories were mischievous.

According to him, “I have never attended a meeting where the President and the Vice-President were all in the same room.“I think the only time where the President and the Vice-president were around and I was in attendance was when the National Economic Council, NEC, was inaugurated by Mr President. He (President) came and delivered his address and left.”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/03/30/many-states-want-to-replicate-religious-bill-theyve-asked-for-our-copy-el-rufai/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:27pm On Mar 30, 2016
grin we warned them about shariah, but they didn't listen cry

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2016
“Many states are ready to do similar thing now. They have asked for the copy of our bill. I will not name the states.”
why is he hiding and refusing to disclose the identities of the States if he is doing the right and logical thing?

these are all strategies to fully implement the Sharia law to the extent that even the trained and professional Detectives won't be able to detect such.

They have used Kaduna as a testing ground and it seemed progressive for them so far.

146 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nelkoko: 4:41pm On Mar 30, 2016
NO BE DIS SHORT MAN WEY PERSON SLAP?

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by greatiyk4u(m): 4:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ride on mallam El-Rufai

Nigeria is a secular state I think many people don't understand what it legally means to practice religion in a secular state.

•Emphasis on doctrinal differences is weakening our religion in the country in the following areas

•Rivalries amongst denominations
•Petty politics in church coupled with ethnic biases.
•our country Nigeria is building big cathedrals and mosque instead of building men.

53 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
greatiyk4u:
Ride on mallam El-Rufai

Nigeria is a circular state I think many people don't understand what it legally means to practice religion in a circular state.
The height of quota education

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
El rufai can rot for all i care

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by greatiyk4u(m): 5:20pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
The height of quota education

Lolz.......u just argued from Ignorance, though I made a typographical error,am sure you are not above mistake

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Lolz.......u just argued from Ignorance, though I made a topographical error,am sure you are not above mistake
Not Again

195 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by greatiyk4u(m): 5:32pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Not Again

Lolz......are you a monitoring demon?
I still maintain that it is a typo error,I believe when it comes to command of English language both Written and spoken, yo are no match to me.................suit yourself else you want me to start exposing your ills.

12 Likes

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by ckmayoca: 5:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
Na una state, as una wish. Ban beer, cigar everything join.

2 Likes

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Lolz......are you a monitoring demon?
I still maintain that it is a typo error,I believe when it comes to command of English language both Written and spoken, yo are no match to me.................suit yourself else you want me to start exposing your ills.
3/10 undecided

169 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by NobleAngell(f): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
El Rufai the stubborn fly. He is really standing his ground on everything, not ready to compromise or even negotiate. If u even dare negotiation, u get a hot slap.

4 Likes

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by eleojo23: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
The states are most likely Northern states.

13 Likes

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by bettercreature(m): 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
I support the bill,Religion is the cause of all evil
I can understand the cry of those business men called Pastors and General overchair grin grin grin grin
Sadly Daddy G.O wont like this one

Using tithe to build university where member who contributed to build it can not afford to send their children

Riding 50 million naira car while Pastors are living in face me i slap,riding Okada

Buying privates jets while member can not afford to eat before coming to church

Turning churches to their personal property

A situation where churches are richer than State government

Haba! na only christianity waka come?

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Project400: 5:50pm On Mar 30, 2016
cheesy
Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by gurunlocker: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
This midget no dey hear word bah, those asking for a copy must be your Co-notherners...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
The road to.....is paved with good intentions.

In my opinion, regulating religion in Nigeria always does not turn out well. I appreciate what the Governor is trying to do...but this is Nigeria.
Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by mynd1(f): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Good. Like I said earlier,if u are not comfortable with what El-rufai is doing in Kaduna state,kindly park your things and leave.

God bless El-rufai

God bless Nigeria.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by cococandy(f): 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
As long as the law doesn't single any religion out, then I'm with him.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by banme1(m): 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
His deputy that slapped him I hope he is not around.

5 Likes

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Leviseed: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hell fire had spoken

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
Esu beleke

Kukuru bilisi

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by 4nobody4every1: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2016
angry
Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by cjmike704(m): 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
Tchewwwwww
Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Nonybb: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2016
No Southern state or any sane Northern state could have asked for re-visitation and prospects of implementation of such a bill if not as a result of insanity and ulterior motive of religious bigotry premeditated on the ongoing Islamization Agenda of the Hausa-Fulani government with Kaduna as a testing ground for its full fledge

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by kennyman2000(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Emekamex(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Everyone is free to preach and practice their religion without interference, this is the most basic right of citizens; I don't get why Hell-Rufai is trying to change this?

14 Likes

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by ideology(m): 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Islamic republic of Zombies

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Akshow: 5:54pm On Mar 30, 2016
Good
Re: Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru by Ugobxt(m): 5:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
I will like to read the full bill pls some one should drop the link for me

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Policeman Beats & Injures A Driver In Abraka, Delta State (Graphic Photos) / Asari Dokubo: I Was In Prison, Tinubu Gave My Wife A House, Paid My Kids' Fees / Obaseki: Oshiomhole Compiled List Of Commissioners In His Living Room In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.