Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,289 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:47 AM

Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) (18476 Views)

Amina Mohammed Drives A Tractor In Gombe (Photos) / Buhari As A Young Cadet Officer In 1962 (Photo) / Remaining Possessions Of Tafawa Balewa At His Tomb. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by makzeze: 10:32pm On Mar 30, 2016

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by tomakint: 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2016
......yet if my action Governor, Mr Ayodele Peter Fayose, the slayer of APC in SW is doing something like this, ogenekwenu and his APC goons here will caption it "showoff from a tout" now see what their "Man with the golden voice" is doing here now undecided talk about hypocrisy.

50 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by stexsy(m): 10:35pm On Mar 30, 2016
Who cares?

Bigot of a man

7 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Sunofgod(m): 10:36pm On Mar 30, 2016
That was the equivalent of a Bentley for a farm... (Oshi)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Pheals(f): 10:42pm On Mar 30, 2016

so he as a farm ,??

1 Like

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by EazyMoh(m): 10:48pm On Mar 30, 2016
I think that picture was taken in the US.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by demolinka(m): 10:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
Badt guy!
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by mynd1(f): 10:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
stexsy:
Who cares?
Bigot of a man
U don't even know what u are saying. Mtcheww.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by jmichlins(m): 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2016
This was before black gold was discovered in my country. This was when we had pyramids of groundnuts. This was when regional government was in place. This was before ethnic and religious lines were bared open. This was when youths are the leaders of tomorrow not now grand parents are leaders of years to come. This was when everyone will be proud to be identified as a nigerian and the green passport can be waved in every airport of the world without the fear of being subjected to extra checks and searchs. I can go on and on but it will hurt me more. I was not around then but the stories my dad tell me about nigeria of old showed we had great potential to be a superpower so i ask myself where did we get it wrong but the answer is simple lets go back to our roots. It starts with being a good citizen not a good leader because even the president is a citizen of NIGERIA

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by leofab(f): 11:07pm On Mar 30, 2016
Quite impressive.. Visionary but tribalist leader

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by okuneddie(m): 11:16pm On Mar 30, 2016
tomakint:
......yet if my action Governor, Mr Ayodele Peter Fayose, the slayer of APC in SW is doing something like this, ogenekwenu and his APC goons here will caption it "showoff from a tout" now see what their "Man with the golden voice" is doing here now undecided talk about hypocrisy.

broad what they are saying about Oga fayose is that he shouldn't take us back to this age..........abeg who killed this man sef

4 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by tomakint: 11:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
okuneddie:

broad what they are saying about Oga fayose is that he shouldn't take us back to this age..........abeg who killed this man sef
Pardon me!!! What are you trying to say? That we should ignore the age of agriculture that has come to stay in Israel, Australia, Argentina, United States and many other countries like that. shocked in case you don't know Nigeria has more than enough to feed her citizens and still export for gains in millions of dollars monthly....so what are you saying?

2 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Flexherbal(m): 12:04am On Mar 31, 2016
Do not fight for politicians. They only care about their pockets.

2 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by tit(f): 1:27am On Mar 31, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

and a tractor!

EazyMoh:
I think that picture was taken in the US.

so he had a farm in the USA?
ee don tey wey politicians dey theif our money.
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by lekjons(m): 4:22am On Mar 31, 2016
so many unreasonable comments! *spits*
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by WhoRUDeceiving: 5:34am On Mar 31, 2016
jmichlins:
This was before black gold was discovered in my country. This was when we had pyramids of groundnuts. This was when regional government was in place. This was before ethnic and religious lines were bared open. This was when youths are the leaders of tomorrow not now grand parents are leaders of years to come. This was when everyone will be proud to be identified as a nigerian and the green passport can be waved in every airport of the world without the fear of being subjected to extra checks and searchs. I can go on and on but it will hurt me more. I was not around then but the stories my dad tell me about nigeria of old showed we had great potential to be a superpower so i ask myself where did we get it wrong but the answer is simple lets go back to our roots. It starts with being a good citizen not a good leader because even the president is a citizen of NIGERIA

Well lets look at what you said.

Regional government right? The East, Midwest, West, and North right? Descent leaders, descent state assembly, etc. This was a time of progress and largely peace.

So why not go back to that, to what worked and will work? Why not have those regions as independent nations? Don't they reflect natural boundaries and less animosity that a central Nigerian zoo automatically will have? Wouldn't the regions as countries do better than most African nations created by Whites to enrich the sons and daughters of Europeans? (and boy has this continent done so)

At least you wont have divided the people into useless states that make unity impossible, as people would look at themselves as being from Ekiti or Imo or Akwa Ibom or Zamfara.

Meanwhile these little states as do the rest have rogues calling themselves governors like governors such as Ibiam lol.

It's common sense as to the way forward.
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Nobody: 6:45am On Mar 31, 2016
E go soon reach front page, See yhu then
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by veekid(m): 9:06am On Mar 31, 2016
seen; so make we save the picture for future use or what?
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Hysmady(m): 9:06am On Mar 31, 2016
History!
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Excelboi(m): 9:07am On Mar 31, 2016
Good... Will definately venture into farming soon.
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by ChetaNwaeze: 9:07am On Mar 31, 2016
This man was killed by the Igbos. We Igbos are responsible for the first military coup in Nigeria. We killed other regional leaders while sparing ours.
We Igbos introduced the military rule in Nigeria. We Igbos are the cause of the Nigeria/Biafra civil war

5 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by mayorkyzo: 9:08am On Mar 31, 2016
If na fayose drive am now them go call am names...smh
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by AishaMaina: 9:10am On Mar 31, 2016
Wonderful... So baba can drive
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Hillzy(m): 9:11am On Mar 31, 2016
Nairaland is getting boring by d day, how is dis one now a development or a news.
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Liljeez(m): 9:19am On Mar 31, 2016
Pheals:

[b][/b]

Pls na
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by VitoCorleone: 9:25am On Mar 31, 2016
How dare you compare your governor to the man with the golden voice
ignoramus
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by cybriz82(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2016
Saw a receipt of my dad s tractor...written 320naira....lolzzz d receipt hz worn out duh cudnt help bt laff...na villiage get am nw.
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by mangala14(m): 9:41am On Mar 31, 2016
I feel sad when I see what religious background and tribalism has reduced us to.
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by eitsei(m): 9:44am On Mar 31, 2016
I don't know what to call this op, you just want to start another clash between APC and pdp this morning ... You said he was driving it in his farm not like the publicity stunts being done by Fayose, you even said Fayose is the slayer of APC in the southwest, plz what are you smoking?
Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Gaddafithe2nd(m): 9:47am On Mar 31, 2016
leofab:
Tribalist and he allowed Azikwe to be the ceremonial president. Other positions were held by other ethnic group.
You hatred for other tribes won't let you see beyond your nose.

3 Likes

Re: Tafawa Balewa Driving A Tractor In His Farm In 1962 (Photo) by Nobody: 9:54am On Mar 31, 2016
leofab:

he wasn't .

you mistake him for Ahmadu Bello.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Operation ‘free Lagos’ Will Continue, Agbaje Vows / Onnoghen’s Resignation: Buhari Is Vindicated, Says APC / Work Begins On Lusada-Atan Road In Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.