Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Hour Of Truth: Our Typical Is The "Average" Nigerian? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hour Of Truth: Our Typical Is The "Average" Nigerian? (495 Views)

5 Unmistakable Signs You’re Dealing With A Typical Nigerian / 10 Habits The Average Nigerian Should Let Go Of! / Traditional Yoruba Society: The Truth Behind ‘blood Money’. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hour Of Truth: Our Typical Is The "Average" Nigerian? by DivaFiva: 6:28am On Mar 31, 2016
Nigerians span a very broad spectrum in all aspects to life.

I remember growing up and visiting Nairaland for advice and knowledge about certain things I was yet to experience.
I remember thinking some people were crazy to think the way they did but now I know better.

1. People are inherently different.
2. They have reasons for their stand or worldview.
3. They don't know any different or any better.

A lot of have limited view on what goes on in our world and that affects our definition of what should be considered "normal".

So this thread is for us to post about our unpopular family structure, cultural identity our personal interpretation of our religion that would supposedly shock a majority of Nigerians also known as "average" Nigerian. This is an attempt to make people understand that there is no "typical" Nigerian. No one person/group represents us or even our tribes.

Maybe this will clear things up for some of us.
Re: Hour Of Truth: Our Typical Is The "Average" Nigerian? by osec007(m): 6:38am On Mar 31, 2016
My humble observation is that an average Nigerian is happy,funny and sacartic as it might sound,but that's just the truth,Why because admist the huddles of politcal,economic or security problems an average Nigerian faces daily,An average Nigerian will surely look for a way to give him/herself JOY.
Re: Hour Of Truth: Our Typical Is The "Average" Nigerian? by DivaFiva: 6:46am On Mar 31, 2016
osec007:
My humble observation is that an average Nigerian is happy,funny and sacartic as it might sound,but that's just the truth,Why because admist the huddles of politcal,economic or security problems an average Nigerian faces daily,An average Nigerian will surely look for a way to give him/herself JOY.

If we tell ourselves the truth, a lot of us are angry and bitter for the same reasons you stated.
Hell, some of us are depressed and suicidal.

I'm just saying.
Re: Hour Of Truth: Our Typical Is The "Average" Nigerian? by DivaFiva: 6:50am On Mar 31, 2016
O

(1) (Reply)

Which Language In Noigeria Has Rich Linguistic? / New Spoken Language For Sale / Buhari Should Know He’s No Longer A Military Man – Oba Akiolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.